• 67 results
Posted by ThatGuyWithHeadPhones (11040 posts) 1 year, 4 months ago

Poll: Using The Same Moves In Fighting Video Games Cheating or Fair (53 votes)

Yes They are Cheating 21%
No It's Still Fair 79%

When you and a friend are playing a game and continue to use the same move(especially if the move is unblockable) or are they just playing fair and or Better.

#1 Edited by Sideslash (5907 posts) - - Show Bio

Perfectly fair.

It challenges you.

#2 Edited by JediXMan (30602 posts) - - Show Bio

Cheating is working outside the mechanics of the game (taking advantage of glitches, intentionally lagging the game, etc.). Using the same move is working in the perimeters of the game using moves that were added into the game by developers.

Yes, it's fair. As long as both players are, theoretically, capable of doing it to some capacity, then it's fair. It's not impossible to work around somebody who does it.

#3 Posted by sagejonathan (1954 posts) - - Show Bio

The creators gave that character the tool for a reason. The creators of all people know how to balance a game. I used to hate this when I first started in Street Fighter but after watching professional play and getting better, I've come to learn that nothing is broken and there is a hole to every strategy even if there's a disadvantage.

#4 Posted by AweSam (7375 posts) - - Show Bio

It's a way of playing, like camping in shooter games. It's just for untalented assholes.

#5 Posted by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

@awesam said:

It's a way of playing, like camping in shooter games. It's just for untalented assholes.

This. Cheapshots may be unethical but they are not illegal.

#6 Posted by FalconPuuunch (942 posts) - - Show Bio

It's not cheating, but it's definitely an a**hole move.

#7 Posted by joewell (6365 posts) - - Show Bio

This, unless your on campaign

#8 Posted by deadpoolrules (4683 posts) - - Show Bio

Its fair,its not impossible to get past of this guys...

This remembers me of MvsC 3 Deadpool,the only thing I can do is:PINEAPPLE SURPRISE.

#9 Posted by NorrinBoltagonPrime21 (5906 posts) - - Show Bio

its more of a cheap shot which is frowned upon. cheating is playing outside the rules

#10 Posted by MonsterStomp (17915 posts) - - Show Bio

Its fair but just shows you have no skill brah.

#11 Posted by The_Lunact_And_Manic (3286 posts) - - Show Bio

Jump, X, Square, Square, Triangle...

And that's how I can beat anyone using Harley Quinn.

That's not cheating...just...me being an asshole.

#12 Edited by Vaeternus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio

It's fair, sure the typical casual joe or "nooby" will initially cry "OMG Spam"!

But the realistic fact is it's all apart of the gameplay be it MK, SF, MVC3 or Injustice doesn't matter...it's all fair to shoot fireballs often or do the same move. It's why it's there...

It's apart of strategy, zoning, tactics and footsies. These are high level terms for higher level players like myself or competitive tourney players.

I play MK at high level and getting into Injustice now. It's perfectly legit strategy and remember, especially if you go to tournaments or play online people want to play to WIN!

So if you're more of a casual player or just want to have fun, I recommend playing offline vs. your friends, or online with friends/people you know you can just have fun with, without the hassle of "worrying about winning or people trash talking" or stick to the offline modes which are fun too, story mode, star labs whatever to keep you busy. One reason why I prefer NRS fighters like MK and Injustice due to the fact of ridiculous amount of content that lacks in other fighters.

#13 Posted by MonsterStomp (17915 posts) - - Show Bio

I barely block in fighting games. I'm more of an offensive player, strike first and strike hard. Bad idea if I'm going up against a spamming nooblet. I do however try and use teleports or counter moves. It seems like everyone on MK9 has one or both of those abilities which I substitute for blocking.

#14 Posted by Nova`Prime` (4165 posts) - - Show Bio

It depends on the skill of the other player. I am not a fan of fighting games, but I have friends who love them and know all the moves so the only way I can win is to get them in the corner and sweep the leg.

#15 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4530 posts) - - Show Bio

It's fair, but lame and shows a lack of sportsmanship and limited skills.

#16 Edited by joeagentofhand1 (4362 posts) - - Show Bio

It depends. Like if it is part of a combo where you do three moves in row, then it is fine. If you just spam a projectile over and over and over again that is cheating in my opinion.

#17 Edited by SUNMAN (7239 posts) - - Show Bio

If its in the rules of the game its not cheating. People need to stop crying foul about things that just annoy them.

I'm assuming this thread was made about the Injustice game. All in all most fighting games tend to be pretty balanced. If you practice or are just a good player its not too difficult to take down spammers. Using the same attack over and over again actually makes people predictable and easier to defend or counter.

I guess it's annoying if your on the receiving end, but thats really your problem. If you are not good enough to stop it, why shouldn't your opponent keep doing it? Just like in football, if you can't stop the run than expect the opposing team to run it down your throat. It's all in the name of competition. End of the day you soldier up and get better and find a way to beat the other guy. It's no fun if you just get easy win after easy win

#18 Edited by Charetter115 (475 posts) - - Show Bio

This was made just because of Deathstroke, Green Lantern, and Sinestro.
Honestly, I just play as Ares, teleport behind them, and beat the hell out of them.

#19 Posted by mikethekiller (8405 posts) - - Show Bio

If you can't find a way to get around move then you're probably not too good at fighting games.

#20 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

@joewell said:

@falconpuuunch said:

This, unless your on campaign

Yeah, agreed. In multiplayer it's scummy, but in single player (particularly on higher difficulties) rinse and repeat is perfectly fine.

#21 Posted by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10180 posts) - - Show Bio

Good for me, I know what's coming Shoryuken been darned lol

#22 Edited by Nerx (15088 posts) - - Show Bio

If it isn't fair then why is it in the game in the first place?

#23 Edited by BumpyBoo (9238 posts) - - Show Bio

@jedixman said:

Cheating is working outside the mechanics of the game (taking advantage of glitches, intentionally lagging the game, etc.). Using the same move is working in the perimeters of the game using moves that were added into the game by developers.

Yes, it's fair. As long as both players are, theoretically, capable of doing it to some capacity, then it's fair. It's not impossible to work around somebody who does it.

Exactly this :)

Moderator Online
#24 Posted by SC (13108 posts) - - Show Bio

You punish people who exploit one move with the raging wraith of 10 hit linking multi 456 hit combo move throw that bounces them off walls, punches them in their air bounces them up for a mid air grab into an unblockable break limit super special ex buster breaker destroyer death kill with shake and fries. If you find yourself against a player that is being repetitive with one move punish them, and if you can't, thats okay, return to the dojo and have a salami wrap and contemplate how you fail your family and husband/wife's honor by not being about to punish that guy from Belgium who keeps spamming invisible unblockable fireballs. Then unlock your chakra ascend and try again the next day or just pick the same character as them and do what they do.

#25 Edited by SpideyPresence (1906 posts) - - Show Bio

Should of had an unfair but not cheating option

#26 Edited by BumpyBoo (9238 posts) - - Show Bio
Moderator Online
#27 Posted by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10180 posts) - - Show Bio

@bumpyboo: Bumpy must cheat, I can tell hehe

#28 Posted by BumpyBoo (9238 posts) - - Show Bio
Moderator Online
#29 Posted by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10180 posts) - - Show Bio

@bumpyboo: Spies a box full of game genies in your room O_O

#30 Posted by BumpyBoo (9238 posts) - - Show Bio
Moderator Online
#31 Posted by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10180 posts) - - Show Bio

@bumpyboo: finds out you created cheatscc.com O_O

#32 Edited by BumpyBoo (9238 posts) - - Show Bio
Moderator Online
#33 Posted by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10180 posts) - - Show Bio
#34 Posted by hellmouse (99 posts) - - Show Bio

CHEAT TO WIN!!!!

#35 Posted by TheGoldenOne (38849 posts) - - Show Bio

This.

#36 Posted by Bruxae (13840 posts) - - Show Bio

Its fair, if the other player want to be any good he will need to learn how to counter it anyway.. You dont see pro players do this for a reason.

That said its rude, dull, and totally kills the fun spirit of online gaming.. And I dont see how its at all rewarding, it still makes you look like the loser.

#37 Posted by frogdog (3246 posts) - - Show Bio

Reminds of sentinel, before he nerfted.

#38 Edited by BlueLantern1995 (2448 posts) - - Show Bio

@jedixman said:

this

#39 Posted by Capt_Keggins (42 posts) - - Show Bio

@bumpyboo: He had the best combos, and you sucked :P

#40 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

It's annoying but it's not cheating. It's perfectly fair and the player is still abiding by the rules. It should be you learning how to counteract those moves and end up DESTROYING YOUR ENEMY!

#41 Posted by BumpyBoo (9238 posts) - - Show Bio
Moderator Online
#42 Posted by Capt_Keggins (42 posts) - - Show Bio

@bumpyboo: anytime, my charge attack greatness will always be something you can aspire to. If I remember correctly it was you that was overly fond of fireball/range attacks. MMMMMMMN.

#43 Posted by BumpyBoo (9238 posts) - - Show Bio

@bumpyboo: anytime, my charge attack greatness will always be something you can aspire to. If I remember correctly it was you that was overly fond of fireball/range attacks. MMMMMMMN.

It was the only way I could guard myself from the UNRELENTING CALF KICK OF DOOM!!!

Moderator Online
#44 Edited by Capt_Keggins (42 posts) - - Show Bio

@bumpyboo It's proven as a fantastic way to win and annoy especially if you're playing someone who is overly competitive :P

Might pick up Tekken Tag tomorrow. I'll need a montage!

#45 Posted by BumpyBoo (9238 posts) - - Show Bio

@capt_keggins: I am not competitive. It wasn't even a competition. It's only a competition when I'M WINNING!!! O_O

Shut up, 2 :P I will totally beat you this time. And laugh. And it will be awesome *does a jig*

Moderator Online
#46 Posted by Capt_Keggins (42 posts) - - Show Bio

@bumpyboo We will see 42nd 65th. We will see.

Dancing wont help you. You've only half a chance

MOOOOHAHAHAHA

#47 Posted by BumpyBoo (9238 posts) - - Show Bio

@capt_keggins: It was so worth getting demoted :P

I have a full chance dammit! Don't make me get ethnic on you! (Welsh is an ethnicity... O_O)

Moderator Online
#48 Posted by Capt_Keggins (42 posts) - - Show Bio

@bumpyboo: I'll get you some lipstick before, any colour you'd prefer?

#49 Edited by BumpyBoo (9238 posts) - - Show Bio

@capt_keggins: How about I go one better and buy you dinner? :P

Moderator Online
#50 Edited by Vaeternus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio

@sunman said:

If its in the rules of the game its not cheating. People need to stop crying foul about things that just annoy them.

I'm assuming this thread was made about the Injustice game. All in all most fighting games tend to be pretty balanced. If you practice or are just a good player its not too difficult to take down spammers. Using the same attack over and over again actually makes people predictable and easier to defend or counter.

I guess it's annoying if your on the receiving end, but thats really your problem. If you are not good enough to stop it, why shouldn't your opponent keep doing it? Just like in football, if you can't stop the run than expect the opposing team to run it down your throat. It's all in the name of competition. End of the day you soldier up and get better and find a way to beat the other guy. It's no fun if you just get easy win after easy win

Exactly, well said sir. It's not cheating, lol @ that concept. People that think spamming fireballs, moves over and over are just really pissy that the reality is they can't find a way around it so they cry foul. These are the kind of people imo that should not be playing fighting games to begin with.

The answer? One of 3 things: A. Practice makes better as with anything else in life B. Play offline modes, story, etc this way they dont get pissed or C. Just stop playing the game all together.

If someone strikes you out in baseball with nothing but fastballs, will the batter have the right to cry "you're cheating"? Hardly, people will do what is working for them despite how simple it may be.

Same thing with FGC, example Injustice came out recently and a lot of people are using Deathstroke and just gunning from range. A ton of people are crying "they need to nerf DS" instead of figuring out a way to counter him or get in on him(which is possible, but challenging)