USA vs Canada Hockey!

Clark_EL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By Clark_EL

US plays Canada tomorrow in the semi final round. USa women's team already lost to Canada today in a disapointing loss for the gold. Anyways just spreading the word...go USA!!!!!!!!!!

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

Hey team USA hold up your heads it was a hard loss to take but you got to hold up your heads you come so far. As far as tomorrow goes I'm excited team USA has got a couple of Kings on the team and Johnatan Quick played so we in their last game I'm hoping he gets the start in the medal game.

Clark_EL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanrocket: well said...yeah we have some superstars but so does Canada.

Well well see how it goes :D

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 13

Yeah it's going to be a tough match for sure.

Clark_EL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shadowswordmaster: yep...

They beet us twice in the gold medal round in Salt lake city and in Vancouver, so I'm looking for some revenge.

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Since I'm originally from Canada I'm going to have to go with them, its going to be close I just know it, @wolverine08, you better be watchin this today ;)

Raiiyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Canada's going to take it.

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

USA dont stand a chance.

Raiiyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bruxae said:

USA dont stand a chance.

No they didn't. Very satisfied at the moment. Price<3

Rouflex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bronze:Finland Or Usa?

nerdork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By nerdork

I would just want the game to be good, i wouldn't care who wins. I mean, Im from the US, so i wanted to root for them...but, I couldnt root for Canada to lose; they're like the US's little brother with Aspergers. And you dont treat the disabled with contempt.

Though, truth be told; I like Hockey, and all, but the Winter Olympics are meh...at best. Summer Olympics are much much better, imo anyway.

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Vaeternus

They had the women's game, they gave it to Canada....last 3 mins 2-0 lead blown?

I wouldn't underestimate the mens, the mens team is better then the women's USA team. Not that I care that much anyway. I kind of lost interest years ago when they got rid of Baseball but kept "curling" lol

nerdork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They had the women's game, they gave it to Canada....last 3 mins 2-0 lead blown?

I wouldn't underestimate the mens, the mens team is better then the women's USA team. Not that I care that much anyway. I kind of lost interest years ago when they got rid of Baseball but kept "curling" lol

Remember a year, or so ago, when the Summer Olympics wanted to drop Wrestling? Now it has new rules...i hate bureaucracy. And it was so stupid that they dropped soft ball. It wont be long before games like Duck, Duck, Goose will be an olympic event.

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nerdork said:

@vaeternus said:

Remember a year, or so ago, when the Summer Olympics wanted to drop Wrestling? Now it has new rules...i hate bureaucracy. And it was so stupid that they dropped soft ball. It wont be long before games like Duck, Duck, Goose will be an olympic event.

Yeah I mean, nobody can possibly convince me or a hardcore sports fan that curling is more watched then baseball and/or softball. I know that's why Baseball has the winter classic every few years which is very interesting, softball I don't know what they do but I enjoy watching those games with women's softbal.

nerdork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nerdork said:

@vaeternus said:

Yeah I mean, nobody can possibly convince me or a hardcore sports fan that curling is more watched then baseball and/or softball. I know that's why Baseball has the winter classic every few years which is very interesting, softball I don't know what they do but I enjoy watching those games with women's softbal.

I miss watching baseball in the olypmics. They used to take in a lot of college players, and it was a great time for scouts to gauge the newer talent. Same with hockey, up until the late 80's...i think. Soft ball was a lot of fun to watch, because most of the girls were gorgeous, and they could really play. Curling, while i want to appreciate any sport...like you said, there is nothing the anouncers, or its 14 fans, can say to convince me that it is an arduous sport of skill and athleticism.

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nerdork said:

@vaeternus said:

@nerdork said:

@vaeternus said:

I miss watching baseball in the olypmics. They used to take in a lot of college players, and it was a great time for scouts to gauge the newer talent. Same with hockey, up until the late 80's...i think. Soft ball was a lot of fun to watch, because most of the girls were gorgeous, and they could really play. Curling, while i want to appreciate any sport...like you said, there is nothing the anouncers, or its 14 fans, can say to convince me that it is an arduous sport of skill and athleticism.

Yeah exactly, plus baseball now is getting bigger then it was 40 years ago. As it's played all over the world now, all south america, parts of europe and BIG in asia(Japan and Korea especially)

nerdork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nerdork said:

@vaeternus said:

@nerdork said:

@vaeternus said:

Yeah exactly, plus baseball now is getting bigger then it was 40 years ago. As it's played all over the world now, all south america, parts of europe and BIG in asia(Japan and Korea especially)

Dude, the Japanese were the bane of Olypmic Baseball. They were always flippin amazing. Oh man, the nostalgia! And thats sad to say, that Baseball has been out of the games for so long, that its...nostalgic. Its sad...just sad.

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nerdork said:

@vaeternus said:

@nerdork said:

@vaeternus said:

@nerdork said:

@vaeternus said:

Dude, the Japanese were the bane of Olypmic Baseball. They were always flippin amazing. Oh man, the nostalgia! And thats sad to say, that Baseball has been out of the games for so long, that its...nostalgic. Its sad...just sad.

True, USA it's it's pasttime. Japan has loved Baseball for a LONG time as well. Most of the asian players in the MLB now days are from Japan lol. Can't say I'm surprised. Yeah, I think it's apart of being american! :) Gotta love Baseball and Football or at least one of them. I'm more for MLB personally, just something nostalgic to it like you said. And it's a fact that out of all sports, the hardest thing to do in all sports is hit a baseball at high level.

Avatar image for the_master_of_darkness
The_Master_of_Darkness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#20  Edited By Erik

Don't worry USA, you're still number one in my book.

Raiiyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Vaeternus

Dont matter he may live in USA, but Bieber is still a product of Canada :P lol

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Unless they change the rules so professional players can't compete (again), I don't think Canada is ever not going to win the gold.

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dont matter he may live in USA, but Bieber is still a product of Canada :P lol

No, that dork on Youtube was a product of Canada.

This thing is all-American.

No Caption Provided
Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@awesam: When I say product, I mean from there/born there. Nobody can change that(where you're born) lol. He'll probably wind up living neither in the future, since they want to send him away lol after his last incident.

@xwraith said:

Unless they change the rules so professional players can't compete (again), I don't think Canada is ever not going to win the gold.

Some people think the olympics favor Canada in hockey and Russia in everything else lol. Of course this has been debated for years now...

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I rather watch NBA

Bushwhacker_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Eh. Ah wouldn't say we never had a chance... But good job Canada.. Ah honestly don't care, as long as we beat them Russians.

Xo10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Xo10

Burn Justin Burn!!

nerdork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By nerdork
@raiiyn said:

And that's why so many American's are really crying over their loss.

lol, I like your enthusiasm. Congrats on going ot the finals, BTW. But, Bieber needs only commit 2 more felonies, before we can legally send him packing.

However, im American...and i couldnt care any less that we lost. You may be overestimating the amount of hardcore hockey fans here. There are some, but they are, by-in-large, a minority.

And be wary...if they can cut Baseball, Soft Ball and keep Curling...its only a matter of time before Hockey meets the chopping block. That is very sad to say, bu its a true concern.

Raiiyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nerdork said:
@raiiyn said:

And that's why so many American's are really crying over their loss.

lol, I like your enthusiasm. Congrats on going ot the finals, BTW. But, Bieber needs only commit 2 more felonies, before we can legally send him packing.

However, im American...and i couldnt care any less that we lost. You may be overestimating the amount of hardcore hockey fans here. There are some, but they are, by-in-large, a minority.

And be wary...if they can cut Baseball, Soft Ball and keep Curling...its only a matter of time before Hockey meets the chopping block. That is very sad to say, bu its a true concern.

Bieber... :/ Killjoke University right? Class of '09?

Nah, don't think so. A good number of Americans are upset over the loss. Most of my american friends and family on fb were sure they'd win and have been pretty vocal in their upset. I mean, it's different for everyone but yea.

Cause baseball and softball suck and no one cares about them. Curling at least is kinda "winterish" and there aren't as many winter sports as there are summer sports. Sooo no, the greatest game of all time will not be cut from the Olympics, sorry to disappoint.

nerdork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By nerdork

@raiiyn: LOL, that was definitely not the expected reaction I thought you would have. Though, I guess I did challenge the gods of hockey, and any self respecting Canadian would be up in arms. But, where I live, you turn on the TV, and you know what you'll never see...hockey. I guess I can thank the world for small mercies. And no, I was class of '08.

Question though, who's the oddly dressed boy in your avatar? Always wondered that.

Raiiyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Raiiyn

@nerdork: You must live in a hell hole :o Ah, that was a pretty shitty class. Valedicktorian I presume ;P

Please stop flirting with me, my oddly dressed heart simply cannot take it.

whysoserious1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Canada will probably win.

Clark_EL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was a highly defensive game, and fun to watch. Though Canada is still the best team in the world people still underestimate other teams like the US, Finland, Sweden, and Russia who could all compete for gold every 4 years.