• 57 results
Paracelsus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Paracelsus

We are now being told that the soldier in question "snapped"(presumably due to the persistent strain of being in combat). My retort to this line of argument is that had a British soldier or Royal Marine run amok and slaughtered Irish Catholic men, women and children during the NI "Troubles" in such a fashion the entire world( not least of course the US) would have called not just for his prosecution or even his parent regiment to be in the dock of an international tribunal but the entire British Army per se- nice try boys, but it's STILL BALONEY!

Sorceror_Swift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By Sorceror_Swift

Let's face facts here.

Sh!t is f**ked up.

Agreed?

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#53  Edited By InnerVenom123

@ZombieBigfoot said:

@TheWholeDamnShow said:

I give up on my country. I'm so tired of hearing this stuff...

Some of us are forming a hermit's club. You should join us in our cave.

(we have donuts and hookers...)

AND BLACKJACK!

WHY DOES EVERYONE ALWAYS FORGET THE BLACKJACK!?

BatWatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 238

User Lists: 1

#54  Edited By BatWatch

Hopefully, the bastard who did the killings will be executed after a trial. The families should be financially compensated though I realize this does not make up for the loss of life. Sad.

International law is a joke though. There is absolutely no way I want any other nation to have power over a U.S. citizen. We deal with it internally with integrity. It's the best that can be done of a bad situation.

Rogan2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Rogan2112

Again, a few things to remember. Just because the TRUE bad guys and yes they ARE way worse than we (the US, Briton, on the other Coilition members) could even THINK about being, does not EVER make it okay for us to behave the same way. Do we officially (if sometimes under the table..for instance not telling Pakistan when we took out Bin Ladin) have to play a little dirty...yes. Is it EVER alright to INTENTIONALLY target civilians...never. In war, no matter how good the technology gets, civillians WILL get hurt and killed, it's tragic, awful, and beyond sad, but it's NEVER okay for us to target them. Yes, I DO believe we're the good guys, who again, are a force made up of human beings who make mistakes, but we also have hard and fast Rules of Engagement, if you intentionally kill an unarmed civillian who is minding his/her own business you are a CRIMINAL. Maybe you've snapped under stress and while serving your sentence for your crime you recieve therapy, or you get insitutionalized in a mental hospital, but you do NOT walk free, get patted on the head and say, "oh you poor boy you just saw too much and your brain has a boo boo". I don't talk about this much but I have major PTSD, and a broken spine...my best friend has PTSD, WAY worse than I do, and we've gone through some hellish periods, and since he was there longer (becuase he didn't get badly injured) he went through MUCH worse much longer than I did, HE never used it as an excuse to deviate from his duty, even though, sadly he grew to irationally hate Muslims. FYI, a Muslim man saved my life, at the risk of his own, or I'd have more than just a broken back. Anyway, the point is...this "soldier" even if he did "snap" and lose his s*yt and kill these people does not get off for it. He's responsible to his Country, the Army, his Unit, his Family and DAMN well the civillians he murdered.

PS. IS anyone interested at ALL that primer I mentioned earlier about the religious/political, sectarian issues going on in that region that made it a HORRIBLE idea for us to invade Iraq to begin with (yes I thought so when we invaded to begin with based having been deployed to the region twice before and making friends there), and why pretty much everyone in the region who's not a devout Shi'ite is scared to death of Iran? If there's no interest I won't waste the band width :)

Avatar image for thewholedamnshow
TheWholeDamnShow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By TheWholeDamnShow

@InnerVenom123 said:

@ZombieBigfoot said:

@TheWholeDamnShow said:

I give up on my country. I'm so tired of hearing this stuff...

Some of us are forming a hermit's club. You should join us in our cave.

(we have donuts and hookers...)

AND BLACKJACK!

WHY DOES EVERYONE ALWAYS FORGET THE BLACKJACK!?

Because once you mention Donuts and Hookers, Blackjack becomes irrelevant.

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#57  Edited By _Zombie_

@Paracelsus said:

We are now being told that the soldier in question "snapped"(presumably due to the persistent strain of being in combat). My retort to this line of argument is that had a British soldier or Royal Marine run amok and slaughtered Irish Catholic men, women and children during the NI "Troubles" in such a fashion the entire world( not least of course the US) would have called not just for his prosecution or even his parent regiment to be in the dock of an international tribunal but the entire British Army per se- nice try boys, but it's STILL BALONEY!

So, because one soldier did something insanely bad we should blame the entire military, is that it?