#1 Posted by THORSON (2511 posts) - - Show Bio

how can I stop being a marvel fanboy?

I'm not saying how can i stop being a marvel fan because i love marvel.

it always seems like in the battle threads if its marvel vs DC i always choose the marvel character.

I'm always siding with marvel with almost everything. I don't hate DC i only hate batman. I think DC has a lot of great characters excluding batman.

I just want to know how can i stop being an extreme marvel fanboy. I don't like it.

It needs to stop.

#2 Posted by russellmania77 (15758 posts) - - Show Bio

Bang

#3 Posted by TheCannon (19223 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't stop. Simply don't buy anything from DC.

#4 Posted by Perethorn (3569 posts) - - Show Bio

You need to open your mind, simple as that.

#5 Posted by Wolverine08 (45153 posts) - - Show Bio

#6 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (18625 posts) - - Show Bio

You seem to be taking things too seriously. I am sure when you grow up a bit and realize that you will be okay.

#7 Posted by dondave (38810 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Posted by AweSam (7376 posts) - - Show Bio

@thorson said:

I don't hate DC i only hate batman.

Has Batman done anything to you that would incite such a strong negative opinion about him?

#9 Edited by PeppeyHare (4310 posts) - - Show Bio

Just stop...?

#10 Posted by Marionettegeist (1912 posts) - - Show Bio

@thorson said:

how can I stop being a marvel fanboy?

I'm not saying how can i stop being a marvel fan because i love marvel.

it always seems like in the battle threads if its marvel vs DC i always choose the marvel character.

I'm always siding with marvel with almost everything. I don't hate DC i only hate batman. I think DC has a lot of great characters excluding batman.

I just want to know how can i stop being an extreme marvel fanboy. I don't like it.

It needs to stop.

I'm confused, am I meant to take this seriously? How can we tell you not to be a fanboy? Just don't be a fanboy, be reasonable.

#11 Posted by Lvenger (21066 posts) - - Show Bio

Well just think who would actually win in a fight and don't let personal preference interfere with your judgement. For example, I massively prefer Superman to the Silver Surfer but in a fight, I know that logically, Superman is very much outmatched in the power department.

#12 Posted by _Gaff_ (3681 posts) - - Show Bio

@thorson:

Do you already read DC stuff? If you don't, find a DC character you are interested in and use there comics as a gateway. Maybe you will become more sympathetic to DC characters.

If you already read DC stuff regularly, then I have no idea.

Oh, and concerning the "I hate Batman" comment. Search your fillings, you know its not true.

#13 Posted by Deadite (24824 posts) - - Show Bio

Just don't think of Marvel sexually.

#14 Edited by TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642 (2068 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

Well just think who would actually win in a fight and don't let personal preference interfere with your judgement. For example, I massively prefer Superman to the Silver Surfer but in a fight, I know that logically, Superman is very much outmatched in the power department.

#15 Posted by SheenLantern (6860 posts) - - Show Bio

I used to be a Marvel fanboy.

Then I actually read some DC. God, what an idiot I was.

#16 Edited by nickthedevil (13656 posts) - - Show Bio

^^ Ditto.

#17 Posted by Jimmie_Hudson_ (294 posts) - - Show Bio

read independent titles for a while. get some suicide risk, harbinger, valiant comics, boom studios comics, some image and etc you'll be alright.

#18 Posted by TheCheeseStabber (8160 posts) - - Show Bio

*Grabs prescription pad*

Alright I'm gonna start you on a daily dose of 5 Milligrams of Batman

We'll try that for a month, if that doesn't work there's a new experimental cure on the market called "Vertigo" that can help.

#19 Edited by dccomicsrule2011 (26221 posts) - - Show Bio

......Was this seriously worth making a thread for? -______-

#20 Posted by scorpion2501 (6643 posts) - - Show Bio
#21 Edited by longbowhunter (7533 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah to echo everyone else's sentiments, open your mind. I find myself reading stuff I never would have considered before just because I don't want to miss out on anything. Most recently spy fiction seems to be my thing. Who would have guesse?

#22 Edited by Queso6p4 (1459 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't stop. Simply don't buy anything from DC.

Lol. Not helping. :-)

read independent titles for a while. get some suicide risk, harbinger, valiant comics, boom studios comics, some image and etc you'll be alright.

Agreed, and by open your mind I mean read other stuff. Every publisher has good and bad stuff so read around and you'll find a lot of good material out there. Variety is the spice of life. You'll be fine, though.

#23 Posted by laflux (17551 posts) - - Show Bio

@deadite said:

Just don't think of Marvel sexually.

#24 Posted by Pyrogram (41246 posts) - - Show Bio
#25 Posted by RulerOfThisUniverse (6364 posts) - - Show Bio

Stop capitalizing 'Thor' in every post.

#26 Posted by Squares (8024 posts) - - Show Bio

Find characters and titles from other companies to like too.

#27 Edited by WarBlade539 (4735 posts) - - Show Bio

Ah! Youth. I remember those days.

Just read Dark Horse. :)

#28 Posted by Nelomaxwell (10616 posts) - - Show Bio

Read a damn Book. With words.

#29 Edited by Farkam (5011 posts) - - Show Bio

Try taking a step outside once in a while and learn that there is more to life than what you are doing with it.

#30 Edited by NorrinBoltagonPrime21 (6313 posts) - - Show Bio

Become Batman.

#31 Posted by TifaLockhart (14119 posts) - - Show Bio

Decide what your goal is. Is it to determine who would likely win given character and powerset? Is it who you want to win? Is it who you like better? Is it who you think should win?

Also, are you arguing that your guy would win or discussing how it could go down?

#32 Posted by Cable_Extreme (9702 posts) - - Show Bio

If you hate Batman, try looking into a villain that beat him and move on from there, :D

#33 Edited by danhimself (22693 posts) - - Show Bio
#34 Posted by RulerOfThisUniverse (6364 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself: No, this user capitalizes every letter of Thor in each of his posts and it's really annoying. Look at his recent posts and see.

#35 Posted by danhimself (22693 posts) - - Show Bio
#36 Posted by HumanRocket (8937 posts) - - Show Bio

What has Batman ever done to you? ): anyways just dive into some DC comics. Go for some heroes who have he same qualities as the heroes from Marvel do. That's how I go into the Flash recently.

#37 Edited by BlackLegRaph (857 posts) - - Show Bio

I know how serious your condition can be. Take a lot of rests, try to abstain from Marvel for a while & try out a few DC titles. Start with older ones before the New 52 that don't involve Batman and go from there.

#38 Posted by TifaLockhart (14119 posts) - - Show Bio

Btw, it's good that you recognize the problem and want to fix it.

#39 Edited by JetiiMitra (8807 posts) - - Show Bio

I used to be a fanboy. I still am. It's worth it. Ignore me.

#40 Edited by cameron83 (7630 posts) - - Show Bio

What is said below...loving Marvel doesn't make you a fanboy.

@wolverine08 said:

@perethorn said:

#41 Posted by SavageDragon (2252 posts) - - Show Bio

Read Geof Johns GL run or read the Green Arrow Green Lantern team up series. Or Vertigo series Like preacher or Y.