• 108 results
#1 Posted by Andferne (38808 posts) - - Show Bio

Who are your picks? (if anyone here watches this)

#2 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84632 posts) - - Show Bio

Vanderlay over Liddell

And Hughes over St.Pierre.

I would go the other way on the Hughes Pierre fight, but Rush is taking this fight with only a month to prepare. He usually trains for three, I see this as an advantage to Hughes.

#3 Posted by Andferne (38808 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree that Vanderlay will beat Liddel (but I wish it would go the other way)

As for the Hughes vs GSP I have to go with GSP.

He is extremely talented and hopefully he doesnt have his head in the clouds again. His rematch with Hughes last time was utter domination and I look for this to be almost like that. But lasting longer.

#4 Posted by King Saturn (223834 posts) - - Show Bio

Andferne says:

"http://www.youtube.com/v/nQ3EYn3g6oE&rel=1 width=425 height=355 type=application/x-shockwave-flash wmode="transparent">Who are your picks? (if anyone here watches this)"

Ah UFC ! Its pretty cool. I can see Vanderlay beating Chuck Liddell. I saw how Rampage did him dirty. Not sure about Hughes vs St. Pierre. If it is true what gambler said about St. Pierre taking the fight on short notice with little prep time. Hughes might win but you never know. Thats what is so great about sports. Anything can happen on any given night whether its highly likely or not.

#5 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84632 posts) - - Show Bio

Post Deleted.

#6 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84632 posts) - - Show Bio

King Saturn says:

"Andferne says:
"Who are your picks? (if anyone here watches this)"

Ah UFC ! Its pretty cool. I can see Vanderlay beating Chuck Liddell. I saw how Rampage did him dirty. Not sure about Hughes vs St. Pierre. If it is true what gambler said about St. Pierre taking the fight on short notice with little prep time. Hughes might win but you never know. Thats what is so great about sports. Anything can happen on any given night whether its highly likely or not."

Of course its true what I said, I SAID IT :P Seriously though, it was suppose to be Hughes vs Sierra, but Sierra got hurt. So Pierre stepped in and the winner of this fight will go on to fight Sierra for the undisputed title.

#7 Posted by King Saturn (223834 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambler says:

"King Saturn says:
"Andferne says:
"http://www.youtube.com/v/nQ3EYn3g6oE&rel=1 width=425 height=355 type=application/x-shockwave-flash wmode="transparent">Who are your picks? (if anyone here watches this)"
Ah UFC ! Its pretty cool. I can see Vanderlay beating Chuck Liddell. I saw how Rampage did him dirty. Not sure about Hughes vs St. Pierre. If it is true what gambler said about St. Pierre taking the fight on short notice with little prep time. Hughes might win but you never know. Thats what is so great about sports. Anything can happen on any given night whether its highly likely or not."
Of course its true what I said, **I SAID IT :P** Seriously though, it was suppose to be Hughes vs Sierra, but Sierra got hurt. So Pierre stepped in and the winner of this fight will go on to fight Sierra for the undisputed title."
I was being sarcastic. I do that a lot you know
Post Edited:2007-12-28 17:46:22
#8 Posted by Rotten gun (2509 posts) - - Show Bio

wanderlei will crush liddel, jackson will then have to watch his back as wanderlei has stopped him twice.

i hope GSP wins as hughes is a giant cock...

#9 Posted by Final Arrow (24359 posts) - - Show Bio

Cursh I dont think so , It will be a great battle, But SIlva will get in 3rd round!

#10 Posted by Renegade Lantern (7285 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambler says:

" Vanderlay over LiddellAnd Hughes over St.Pierre.I would go the other way on the Hughes Pierre fight, but Rush is taking this fight with only a month to prepare. He usually trains for three, I see this as an advantage to Hughes."

Aww man im the opposite. Hughes is a great fighter and he is stronger than GSP but i think GSP has a little more fire going into the fight...Liddell's head wasn't into it his last two fights. I think he would need to knock silva out quick before he gets on a roll. If does the axe murderer is going to be hard to stop

#11 Posted by fear monger (1077 posts) - - Show Bio

Renegade Lantern says:

"Gambler says:
" Vanderlay over Liddell And Hughes over St.Pierre. I would go the other way on the Hughes Pierre fight, but Rush is taking this fight with only a month to prepare. He usually trains for three, I see this as an advantage to Hughes. "
Aww man im the opposite. Hughes is a great fighter and he is stronger than GSP but i think GSP has a little more fire going into the fight...Liddell's head wasn't into it his last two fights. I think he would need to knock silva out quick before he gets on a roll. If does the axe murderer is going to be hard to stop"

i agree,liddell has been out of it lately and GSP takes hughes

#12 Posted by Andferne (38808 posts) - - Show Bio

Any comments on the fight?

I'll refrain from posting who won until I know people dont mind getting spoiled.

#13 Posted by King Saturn (223834 posts) - - Show Bio

Well Liddell fooled us. Cause he won

#14 Posted by Andferne (38808 posts) - - Show Bio

Yup :)

#15 Posted by Rotten gun (2509 posts) - - Show Bio

so glad gsp won... he is a great fighter and not a cock like hughes... lets see how gsp strategises for serra this time? i do want to see hughes fisgt serra though... alot of tension. well wanderlei... what can i say, is it a bad run or has he come to the end of his career? where to from here? they'l probably give one of TUF winners a shot at him? any news on fedor? is he coming to UFC?

#16 Posted by inquisitor (19 posts) - - Show Bio

Fedor supposedly sign onto a new league in Russia which is one of the reasons Randy has decided to retire as he sees no reason to fight anyone else.

The fight with Silva and Liddell was one for the history books,although I felt like both were off their game.I don't really think that Liddell will be able to beat Jackson either way.I think his time is over.

Did anyone see the quick shot of Ortiz in the crowd and how fast the camera was switched as if the UFC was trying to not give him any airtime?

I also think that it was kind of a slap in the face to Jackson the way Dana and the UFC keep hyping Chuck,they should have at least given Rampage some airtime for a bit of color commentary.He looked like he was a bit PO'ed.

GSP all the way,hahaha I was happy as Heck to see that arrogant Farmboy beaten yet again.I remember how he lost to Carlos Newton in a triangle and collapsed,which caused Carlos to hit the canvas and be knocked out.Suddenly John McCarthy tells Farmboy he won.Farmboy was as surprised at his "victory" as everyone else,if ya ask me. Oh well,I will say that Matt displayed some humility and respect this fight,so maybe he's a bigger man now.

#17 Posted by King Saturn (223834 posts) - - Show Bio

There have been talks of Floyd Mayweather Jr. leaving Boxing to start a MMA career. Do you think he can be any good in MMA ?

#18 Posted by Dormath (2398 posts) - - Show Bio

Fedor is fighting Hong Man Choi in japan on new years it should be a smash and grab with most of fedors fights but this year has been so up and down who knows choi has pulled off upsets before in K-1 vs Lebannger.

Love MMA been a fan since I was 16 been training for about 3 years now.

#19 Posted by Rotten gun (2509 posts) - - Show Bio

King Saturn says:

"There have been talks of Floyd Mayweather Jr. leaving Boxing to start a MMA career. Do you think he can be any good in MMA ?"

i couldn't see that in a million years.... how much did he get for fighting hatton? and for delahoya excess of $20 million? especially with mayweather promotions he makes millions everytime he fights. UFC guys make nothing compared to boxing... not yet anyway.

#20 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84632 posts) - - Show Bio

Rotten gun says:

"King Saturn says:
"There have been talks of Floyd Mayweather Jr. leaving Boxing to start a MMA career. Do you think he can be any good in MMA ?"

i couldn't see that in a million years.... how much did he get for fighting hatton? and for delahoya excess of $20 million? especially with mayweather promotions he makes millions everytime he fights. UFC guys make nothing compared to boxing... not yet anyway."

I'm curious to see the numbers (both gate and PPV) from the last Mayweather fight and UFC Nemesis. I'm beating UFC took both.

#21 Posted by Rotten gun (2509 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambler says:

"Rotten gun says:
"King Saturn says:
i couldn't see that in a million years.... how much did he get for fighting hatton? and for delahoya excess of $20 million? especially with mayweather promotions he makes millions everytime he fights. UFC guys make nothing compared to boxing... not yet anyway."
I'm curious to see the numbers (both gate and PPV) from the last Mayweather fight and UFC Nemesis. I'm beating UFC took both."

its highly possible in the states... but through the rest of the world boxing incredibly out strips MMA in coverage and support. when i lived in china for a year no one there new what MMA was but they all new holifield (5years ago). in russia boxing will be huge as 2 of the world heavyweight champs are russian. then there are the african contries that have many past great fighters like azuma nelson... they will all be mad on boxing over MMA. south america... look at all their past and present stars (julio cezar. roberto duran. delahoya. vernandez). huge huge PPV fan base.

#22 Posted by Andferne (38808 posts) - - Show Bio

5 years ago a big % of the population didnt know what MMA was anywhere. Not until recent years has it caught on so big. After the first TUFF season is when it started to pop and became the "cool" thing. Which I am fine with that. More the better if you ask me.

#23 Posted by Rotten gun (2509 posts) - - Show Bio

i know its a month away but i really cant wait to see brock lesnar fight mir in his UFC debut... its a huge fight for lesnar with a very very cabable opponet. can his sheer power dominate mirs superior submission skills?
Post Edited:2008-01-01 17:32:21

#24 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84632 posts) - - Show Bio

All I know, is if I would have paid for UFC Nemesis, I would have been pissed. The fights where weak, except for the the second round of the Liddell fight, and the main event.

#25 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84632 posts) - - Show Bio

Andferne says:

"Yeah a lot of fights usually are. As long as my two delivered I was happy.I still think the Liddel fight could of gone either way. If you havent seen it you could probably see it on youtube still. Dont think they have deleted all of them yet."

I just watched it. It was close up until the third. Liddell pressed the action and scored the take downs. The UFC was all on his d!ck though. Silva banged with him and the announcers gave him no dap.

#26 Posted by Andferne (38808 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah a lot of fights usually are. As long as my two delivered I was happy.

I still think the Liddel fight could of gone either way. If you havent seen it you could probably see it on youtube still. Dont think they have deleted all of them yet.

#27 Posted by Rotten gun (2509 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambler says:

"Andferne says:
"Yeah a lot of fights usually are. As long as my two delivered I was happy. I still think the Liddel fight could of gone either way. If you havent seen it you could probably see it on youtube still. Dont think they have deleted all of them yet."
I just watched it. It was close up until the third. Liddell pressed the action and scored the take downs. The UFC was all on his d!ck though. Silva banged with him and the announcers gave him no dap."

yeah... i like joe rogan but that other announcer is a dick... he doesn't know when to shut up... he kept calling liddel "chuck" like he was his buddy but only called wanderlei "silva". i loved the huges GSP fight... total domination.

#28 Posted by Andferne (38808 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah thats true. They have kinda done the same to ($h1t mind went blank) the other Pride fighter who just took the belt from him.

They havent been giveing him the spotlight like they should since he is THIER champion now. I think a lot of it has to do with htem being Pride's bada$$'s. The rivalry between UFC and Pride was pretty big. I'm glad its merged now though, hopefully we can continue to get some great fights from that.

#29 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84632 posts) - - Show Bio

I hear that, Rogan is hilarious. I have one of his stand ups on DVD, drop dead funny. I hate Matt Hughes, but I gotta admit, I felt sorry for him at the end of that fight. Love em or hate em he was a beast in the UFC for a long time. At the end of that fight he looked like a beaten man. Not just physically, but emotionally. I wouldn't be surprised if he retired.

#30 Posted by Rotten gun (2509 posts) - - Show Bio

Fedor made short work of Hong man choi, that guy is a frecken monster... fedor looked tiny, if hong man choi had any skill he'd be dangerous

#31 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84632 posts) - - Show Bio

Andferne says:

"Yeah thats true. They have kinda done the same to ($h1t mind went blank) the other Pride fighter who just took the belt from him.They havent been giveing him the spotlight like they should since he is THIER champion now. I think a lot of it has to do with htem being Pride's bada$$'s. The rivalry between UFC and Pride was pretty big. I'm glad its merged now though, hopefully we can continue to get some great fights from that."

Quentin Rampage Jackson. They showed him maybe twice? For like a second. They showed %$#@ing David Spade for like 15mins with his drunk ass :P

#32 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84632 posts) - - Show Bio

Rotten gun says:

"Fedor made short work of Hong man choi, that guy is a frecken monster... fedor looked tiny, if hong man choi had any skill he'd be dangerous"

Was that the jungle fighter vs the 0'7 version of Gracie? That dude is vicious.

#33 Posted by Andferne (38808 posts) - - Show Bio

There was a rumor that Hughes was going to retire if he did not win this fight. I think he might wait until GSP fights Serra. Then fight the loser of that fight. If this happens and he loses again (exspecially to serra) then I see him retireing.

But yeah love him or hate him he was a beast in his division.

#34 Posted by Andferne (38808 posts) - - Show Bio

Rampage ty. I was wanting to call him junkyard for some strange reason.

#35 Posted by Rotten gun (2509 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambler says:

"I hear that, Rogan is hilarious. I have one of his stand ups on DVD, drop dead funny. I hate Matt Hughes, but I gotta admit, I felt sorry for him at the end of that fight. Love em or hate em he was a beast in the UFC for a long time. At the end of that fight he looked like a beaten man. Not just physically, but emotionally. I wouldn't be surprised if he retired."

rogan seems like a pretty cool guy... hes been training in machado jiu jitsu (gracies cousins jiu jitsu) for years and i like that he knows what he's talking about... if Hughes does retire he's got nothing to be ashamed of he dominated that weight and was one of the major guys who proved the worth of wrestling... he just needed an attitude adjustment.

#36 Posted by Rotten gun (2509 posts) - - Show Bio

greatest rampage moment... that slam he did on carlos arona in pride... amasing.

#37 Posted by Andferne (38808 posts) - - Show Bio

I heard that the UFC tried to get a celebrity ppv fight a while back. Rogan was slatted agasint Wesley Snipes. But it was all hot air and wishful thinking.

Would be pretty cool to see some movie martial artists in there though.

#38 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84632 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah well he got one. Can you imagine what he must of been thinking when he saw GSP in those gay ass purple shorts? First off you know a country boy like that cant stand the thought of losing to a Canadian, FROM QUEBEC NO LESS. Then he comes out to some French rap intro music, and the shorts where just the finishing touch. That defeat ripped his soul out. He can never show his face in Iowa again.
Post Edited:2008-01-05 02:05:04

#39 Posted by kuchiku (4070 posts) - - Show Bio

i love ufc

#40 Posted by Rotten gun (2509 posts) - - Show Bio

Andferne says:

"I heard that the UFC tried to get a celebrity ppv fight a while back. Rogan was slatted agasint Wesley Snipes. But it was all hot air and wishful thinking. Would be pretty cool to see some movie martial artists in there though."

it did happen once... UFC 4 ron von clief, (actor in a couple of black kung fu movies and fight co-ordinator for "the last dragon") unfortunately his first fight was with royce, fight goes as; gracie takes von cleif down, gracie elbows to head in multiples... von cleif rolls and gives his back... gracie sinks rear naked... von cleif taps.

actors would be great to watch but it would be career ending for many.

#41 Posted by Andferne (38808 posts) - - Show Bio

Well we dont put them against the professional fighters. That would be suicidal for them. Theres not many of the actor/martial artists I would think to stand a chance.

I was thinking more like actor vs actor. Kinda like MTV's old Celebrity death matches

#42 Posted by Rotten gun (2509 posts) - - Show Bio

Andferne says:

"Well we dont put them against the professional fighters. That would be suicidal for them. Theres not many of the actor/martial artists I would think to stand a chance. I was thinking more like actor vs actor. Kinda like MTV's old Celebrity death matches"

yeah... i think that would be cool, i can see actors lose fans if they get in there and cant fight... :)

#43 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84632 posts) - - Show Bio

When are they gonna get a female division in the UFC? I'm sick aren't I

#44 Posted by Andferne (38808 posts) - - Show Bio

I would love for one of WWE's wrestlers to get in the octagon with the real fighters.

Have John Cena fight Matt Hughes, or John Henry vs Rampage etc. Just to let the whole world know who the REAL modern day gladiators are.

#45 Posted by Andferne (38808 posts) - - Show Bio

Not sure if they could keep them from hair-pulling ;)

#46 Posted by Rotten gun (2509 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambler says:

"When are they gonna get a female division in the UFC? *I'm sick aren't I*"

i dont know if i could watch?

#47 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84632 posts) - - Show Bio

Post Deleted.

#48 Posted by kuchiku (4070 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambler says:

"When are they gonna get a female division in the UFC? *I'm sick aren't I*"

no if they had a female ufc i would compete

#49 Posted by Andferne (38808 posts) - - Show Bio

Theres only one girl that has ever trained at the dojo I go to that I would even think to have a chance. Rest of them well...I won't get into that to aviod trouble with peoples opinions :)

I'll plead the 5th

#50 Posted by kuchiku (4070 posts) - - Show Bio

huh