#1 Posted by EVILRYUX2fold (456 posts) - - Show Bio

Listen to these songsTyler- Steaksauce, Seven, Nightmare, Fish, Yonkers, Oldie (The whole OF), Pigs fly, F****ing Lame, Parade, and Rella or Anarchy (Tylers verse)

Hopsin- Baby Daddy, Nocturnal Rainbow, How you like me Now, Kill, Sag my pants, Heather nicole, Raw, Slurpin, Super Duper fly.

I'm a fan of both And i see both Posess a lot of Tyler i meant Talent..

#2 Posted by EVILRYUX2fold (456 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump

#3 Posted by ReVamp (22994 posts) - - Show Bio

Hopsin kills this.

#4 Posted by _slim_ (15522 posts) - - Show Bio

Meh.

#5 Posted by utotheg38 (19295 posts) - - Show Bio

eh

#6 Posted by EVILRYUX2fold (456 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump

#7 Posted by Cozy_Da_Djed_Eye (10711 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol.

#8 Posted by _slim_ (15522 posts) - - Show Bio

Somebody need to smack that fool Hopsin, for walking around with his eyes like that.

#9 Posted by TheGoldenOne (38932 posts) - - Show Bio
@ReVamp said:

Hopsin kills this.

#10 Posted by EVILRYUX2fold (456 posts) - - Show Bio

He actually looks Cool but they looked way better on Hodgy But Hopsin Got it from the game and Game got it from Methodman

#11 Posted by Vance Astro (89267 posts) - - Show Bio

Tyler.Hopsin is overrated.

Moderator
#12 Posted by utotheg38 (19295 posts) - - Show Bio

who are these people :O

#13 Posted by _slim_ (15522 posts) - - Show Bio

@EVILRYUX2fold said:

He actually looks Cool but they looked way better on Hodgy But Hopsin Got it from the game and Game got it from Methodman

Don't care where he got it from or whoever started it. It's wack. It was wack when Game did it, and it was wack when Meth did it.

#14 Posted by EVILRYUX2fold (456 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro: hey vance you got my pm's? i sent you some sources and asked for my thread to be unlocked i have another one here. i was telling you how a trunks and Bayonetta fan came and Tried to get last post so visitors of the thread would think he was right. i just want to post sources so I can clearify with everyone that it wasn't a spite

#15 Posted by _slim_ (15522 posts) - - Show Bio

lol

#16 Posted by ReVamp (22994 posts) - - Show Bio

lol.

And Game stole it from Hop, not that it matters.

#17 Posted by EVILRYUX2fold (456 posts) - - Show Bio

@_slim_: You know hodgy was sick though

#18 Posted by _slim_ (15522 posts) - - Show Bio

@EVILRYUX2fold: Naw, he's not.

#19 Posted by EVILRYUX2fold (456 posts) - - Show Bio

@_slim_: You heard 50 and Primo? he's raw tyler was dope with the black out ones too. Hodgy at least doesn't go around like that Daily

#20 Edited by _slim_ (15522 posts) - - Show Bio

@EVILRYUX2fold: .... n!gga what? I don't know what the hell that means lol.

#21 Edited by KnightRise (4811 posts) - - Show Bio

Hopsin.actually.has.good.lyrics..Tyler.makes.songs.that.I.like..(not.neccessarily."good'),.and.as.a.rapper.hes.only.occassionally.makes.music.that.I'd.call.talented..

EDIT:.broken.keyboard,.bare.with.me.

#22 Posted by EVILRYUX2fold (456 posts) - - Show Bio

50 is a song from OF Tape VOL2 by Hodgy. Primo is A song By Hodgy From His album Blackenedwhite. I said Tyler looked Dope with Blackout Contacts

#23 Posted by EVILRYUX2fold (456 posts) - - Show Bio

understood i use to type from a Mobiles. My Ps3's broken Ps3 controller and a Phone (Laptop Broken, Sister virused up my Computer)

#24 Posted by _slim_ (15522 posts) - - Show Bio

@EVILRYUX2fold said:

50 is a song from OF Tape VOL2 by Hodgy. Primo is A song By Hodgy From His album Blackenedwhite. I said Tyler looked Dope with Blackout Contacts

Now I gotcha.

#25 Posted by KnightRise (4811 posts) - - Show Bio

I.like.Tyler.and.OF.way.better.than.I.like.Hopsin,.but.Hopsin.is.a.better.rapper,.and.by.a.lot.

#26 Posted by NlGHTCRAWLER (2894 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro said:

Tyler.Hopsin is overrated.

I don't understand this? How is Hopsin more overrated than Tyler exactly? Sales, youtube views, MTV awards, money, fans and albums say otherwise.

#27 Posted by amalgamuniverse (356 posts) - - Show Bio

Here is how I see it:

Tyler's flow is no flow. and thats what gives him his swagg. That and some of his lyrics can murder your favorite rappers. But sometimes I dont like how he can be so creepy in his songs. Him, Frank Ocean, Hodgy Beats, and Earl Sweatshirt are the only artists in Odd Future that are lyrically skilled.

Hopsin, eh I've listened to a couple of his songs that some of my friends recommended. He's okay, but he isn't on Tyler's level. Some people say he's the shit, but not me.

Thank you BasedGod

#28 Posted by Vance Astro (89267 posts) - - Show Bio
@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

@Vance Astro said:

Tyler.Hopsin is overrated.

I don't understand this? How is Hopsin more overrated than Tyler exactly? Sales, youtube views, MTV awards, money, fans and albums say otherwise.

I didn't know who Hopsin was until people start talking about him on comicvine and they way people talk about him you would think he was the savior of hip-hop.He's a decent lyricist but Tyler IMO makes better music.
Moderator
#29 Posted by NlGHTCRAWLER (2894 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro: I really dislike Hopsin for his gigantic ego, but I feel like Tyler has no decent flow and couldn't free style if his life depended on it.

Hopsin is too cartoony for my taste, but I wouldn't say he is overrated. At least not compared to Tyler.

#30 Posted by Vance Astro (89267 posts) - - Show Bio
@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

@Vance Astro: I really dislike Hopsin for his gigantic ego, but I feel like Tyler has no decent flow and couldn't free style if his life depended on it.

Hopsin is too cartoony for my taste, but I wouldn't say he is overrated. At least not compared to Tyler.

 Tyler's flow is unique. It's his own. He probably can't freestyle but ALOT of rappers can't. Hopsin may not be overrated in general but he is on the vine.
Moderator
#31 Posted by The Stegman (28105 posts) - - Show Bio

Hopsin for me 
 
  

Online
#32 Posted by NlGHTCRAWLER (2894 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro said:

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

@Vance Astro: I really dislike Hopsin for his gigantic ego, but I feel like Tyler has no decent flow and couldn't free style if his life depended on it.

Hopsin is too cartoony for my taste, but I wouldn't say he is overrated. At least not compared to Tyler.

Tyler's flow is unique. It's his own. He probably can't freestyle but ALOT of rappers can't. Hopsin may not be overrated in general but he is on the vine.

Ehh.. I personally don't find Tyler's flow unique at all. It just isn't there for me and I feel like he is super gimmicky, but most mainstream/ Indie Rappers are nowadays. Eating cockroaches, Upside down Crosses, Cat Eyes.... I don't pay attention to anyone who can't just be themselves and let their lyrics speak on their own without influence on what they look like or act like.

#33 Edited by Vance Astro (89267 posts) - - Show Bio
@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

Ehh.. I personally don't find Tyler's flow unique at all. It just isn't there for me 

Well since nobody really raps like him and without any flow at all he technically wouldn't be rapping, I don't see how his flow isn't unique. 
 
@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

 I feel like he is super gimmicky, but most mainstream/ Indie Rappers are nowadays. Eating cockroaches, Upside down Crosses, Cat Eyes.... I don't pay attention to anyone who can't just be themselves and let their lyrics speak on their own without influence on what they look like or act like.

So he's gimmicky for having a style? How does that make sense? You don't pay attention to anyone who can't be themselves? Do you know Tyler the Creator personally? Do you know him from something else to say that he's not being himself? Have you seen his interviews? MF DOOM runs around with a gladiator mask on, is that a gimmick too? I don't get it. You say let the lyrics speak for themselves...so what you're saying is, people who listen to Tyler the Creator are listening to him because he has a gothic style? Do you know that to be fact?
Moderator
#34 Posted by EVILRYUX2fold (456 posts) - - Show Bio

Hopsin is actually Underated Compared to Tyler. Hopsin went Undeground For years and still is. Kind of like immortal tecnique. Considering the OFWGKTA has way more videos and views (Hop is solo most times) They might be overrated if thats what you litterally mean.

#35 Posted by EVILRYUX2fold (456 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Stegman: i was trying to Avoid that so people who put yonkers up Would'nt Argue their both good and Hopsin is better in freestyles but i just gotta give it up for Thurnis

#36 Edited by NlGHTCRAWLER (2894 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro said:

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

Ehh.. I personally don't find Tyler's flow unique at all. It just isn't there for me

Well since nobody really raps like him and without any flow at all he technically wouldn't be rapping, I don't see how his flow isn't unique.

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

I feel like he is super gimmicky, but most mainstream/ Indie Rappers are nowadays. Eating cockroaches, Upside down Crosses, Cat Eyes.... I don't pay attention to anyone who can't just be themselves and let their lyrics speak on their own without influence on what they look like or act like.

So he's gimmicky for having a style? How does that make sense? You don't pay attention to anyone who can't be themselves? Do you know Tyler the Creator personally? Do you know him from something else to say that he's not being himself? Have you seen his interviews? MF DOOM runs around with a gladiator mask on, is that a gimmick too? I don't get it. You say let the lyrics speak for themselves...so what you're saying is, people who listen to Tyler the Creator are listening to him because he has a gothic style? Do you know that to be fact?

Style and gimmicks are two different things. I don't know Tyler personally, but if you check out his early mixtapes and anything he has done before Goblin (and even after) you will see EXACTLY what I am talking about. Each release he has every come out with is just a new shock factor fused with the heavy influence of another rapper, so yes, I do know him from something else to say that he is super unoriginal and gimmicky. MF DOOM's gladiator mask is another gimmick. Not sure if I would call him gimmicky though, seeing as it's more of a party trick than anything. IS his whole career based upon that mask? No it isn't. Is Tyler's props and edge factors what drives him and keep him out of the poor house? Most definitely, in my opinion. I'm sure people don't listen to Tyler soley because of his "Style" but I am positive that it has a heavy influence over his current fanbase. I do not know this for fact, but can you say I am wrong for fact?

@EVILRYUX2fold said:

Hopsin is actually Underated Compared to Tyler. Hopsin went Undeground For years and still is. Kind of like immortal tecnique. Considering the OFWGKTA has way more videos and views (Hop is solo most times) They might be overrated if thats what you litterally mean.

I'm not sure I would call Hopsin underground or compare him to Tech because Hopsin has signed with major labels in the past and I think he is currently signed to one right now, where as tech is only signed to Viper Records as a means of easier distribution. I agree about the underrated thing though in comparison to TTC.

#37 Posted by HolySerpent (13142 posts) - - Show Bio

Tyler is the sh!t

#38 Posted by HolySerpent (13142 posts) - - Show Bio

Damn i just listen to hopsin. Hes hot to

#39 Posted by KnightRise (4811 posts) - - Show Bio

One.thing.about.Tyler.is.he.really.loves.his.team..More.so.than.anyone.other.notable.group-leaders..And.I.hate.the.fact.that.we're.apparently."not.supposed.to.like.Yonkers"..Thats.so.hipste-rific.to.hate.his.most.famous.song..Sure,.Tyler.claims.to.hate.Yonkers.fans,.but.in.all.seriousness.he's.an.over.the.top.cornball

NOTE:.broken.keyboard,.bare.with.me

#40 Edited by Vance Astro (89267 posts) - - Show Bio
@NlGHTCRAWLER said: 

Style and gimmicks are two different things.

That was the point of my post. 
 
@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

 but if you check out his early mixtapes and anything he has done before Goblin (and even after) you will see EXACTLY what I am talking about. 

I have..and I don't know what you're talking about. 
 
@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

Each release he has every come out with is just a new shock factor fused with the heavy influence of another rapper, so yes, I do know him from something else to say that he is super unoriginal and gimmicky. 

Super Unoriginal? Who are these rappers you think influenced Tyler? I don't know of any rappers that are anything like him. Can you give me an example? You say with each release there is heavy influences of another rapper but he only has two albums Bastard and Goblin and they are extremely similar in style and if you listen to older mixtapes  that Tyler is on, whether it be a solo project or an Odd Future one..his content doesn't really change much. Anything you can suggest is gimmicky about his type of hip-hop is all part of his style. 

 
@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

 MF DOOM's gladiator mask is another gimmick. Not sure if I would call him gimmicky though, seeing as it's more of a party trick than anything. IS his whole career based upon that mask? No it isn't. Is Tyler's props and edge factors what drives him and keep him out of the poor house? Most definitely, in my opinion. I'm sure people don't listen to Tyler soley because of his "Style" but I am positive that it has a heavy influence over his current fanbase. I do not know this for fact, but can you say I am wrong for fact?

A gimmick is described as something that is used to draw attention or increases an artists appeal. If we say that anything Tyler the Creator is doing is a gimmick, we then have to say Rap Music is one giant gimmick itself, because every artist has something attached to their style of music that is used in order to increase their appeal. When I think of rap gimmicks I think of stuff like the Kris Kross wearing their clothes backwards,Lil' Wayne repping the Bloods in his music,Nicki Minaj pretending to be a lesbian,Lil B attempting to make an album called "I'm Gay",stuff like that. In other words I don't see what makes Tyler anymore gimmicky then pretty much any rapper.
Moderator
#41 Posted by Enemybird (3500 posts) - - Show Bio

Hopsin is garbage...

#42 Posted by Enemybird (3500 posts) - - Show Bio