Tyler the creator vs Hopsin

EVILRYUX2fold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By EVILRYUX2fold

Listen to these songsTyler- Steaksauce, Seven, Nightmare, Fish, Yonkers, Oldie (The whole OF), Pigs fly, F****ing Lame, Parade, and Rella or Anarchy (Tylers verse)

Hopsin- Baby Daddy, Nocturnal Rainbow, How you like me Now, Kill, Sag my pants, Heather nicole, Raw, Slurpin, Super Duper fly.

I'm a fan of both And i see both Posess a lot of Tyler i meant Talent..

EVILRYUX2fold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By EVILRYUX2fold

Bump

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By ReVamp

Hopsin kills this.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bf70359d2dd1
deactivated-5bf70359d2dd1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Meh.

utotheg38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By utotheg38

eh

EVILRYUX2fold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By EVILRYUX2fold

Bump

Avatar image for cozy_da_djed_eye
Cozy_Da_Djed_Eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Cozy_Da_Djed_Eye

Lol.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Somebody need to smack that fool Hopsin, for walking around with his eyes like that.

TheGoldenOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#9  Edited By TheGoldenOne
@ReVamp said:

Hopsin kills this.

EVILRYUX2fold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By EVILRYUX2fold

He actually looks Cool but they looked way better on Hodgy But Hopsin Got it from the game and Game got it from Methodman

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Tyler.Hopsin is overrated.

utotheg38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By utotheg38

who are these people :O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@EVILRYUX2fold said:

He actually looks Cool but they looked way better on Hodgy But Hopsin Got it from the game and Game got it from Methodman

Don't care where he got it from or whoever started it. It's wack. It was wack when Game did it, and it was wack when Meth did it.

EVILRYUX2fold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By EVILRYUX2fold

@Vance Astro: hey vance you got my pm's? i sent you some sources and asked for my thread to be unlocked i have another one here. i was telling you how a trunks and Bayonetta fan came and Tried to get last post so visitors of the thread would think he was right. i just want to post sources so I can clearify with everyone that it wasn't a spite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lol

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#16  Edited By ReVamp

lol.

And Game stole it from Hop, not that it matters.

EVILRYUX2fold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By EVILRYUX2fold

@_slim_: You know hodgy was sick though

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@EVILRYUX2fold: Naw, he's not.

EVILRYUX2fold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By EVILRYUX2fold

@_slim_: You heard 50 and Primo? he's raw tyler was dope with the black out ones too. Hodgy at least doesn't go around like that Daily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@EVILRYUX2fold: .... n!gga what? I don't know what the hell that means lol.

KnightRise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By KnightRise

Hopsin.actually.has.good.lyrics..Tyler.makes.songs.that.I.like..(not.neccessarily."good'),.and.as.a.rapper.hes.only.occassionally.makes.music.that.I'd.call.talented..

EDIT:.broken.keyboard,.bare.with.me.

EVILRYUX2fold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By EVILRYUX2fold

50 is a song from OF Tape VOL2 by Hodgy. Primo is A song By Hodgy From His album Blackenedwhite. I said Tyler looked Dope with Blackout Contacts

EVILRYUX2fold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By EVILRYUX2fold

understood i use to type from a Mobiles. My Ps3's broken Ps3 controller and a Phone (Laptop Broken, Sister virused up my Computer)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@EVILRYUX2fold said:

50 is a song from OF Tape VOL2 by Hodgy. Primo is A song By Hodgy From His album Blackenedwhite. I said Tyler looked Dope with Blackout Contacts

Now I gotcha.

KnightRise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By KnightRise

I.like.Tyler.and.OF.way.better.than.I.like.Hopsin,.but.Hopsin.is.a.better.rapper,.and.by.a.lot.

NlGHTCRAWLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#26  Edited By NlGHTCRAWLER

@Vance Astro said:

I don't understand this? How is Hopsin more overrated than Tyler exactly? Sales, youtube views, MTV awards, money, fans and albums say otherwise.

Avatar image for amalgamuniverse
amalgamuniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#27  Edited By amalgamuniverse

Here is how I see it:

Tyler's flow is no flow. and thats what gives him his swagg. That and some of his lyrics can murder your favorite rappers. But sometimes I dont like how he can be so creepy in his songs. Him, Frank Ocean, Hodgy Beats, and Earl Sweatshirt are the only artists in Odd Future that are lyrically skilled.

Hopsin, eh I've listened to a couple of his songs that some of my friends recommended. He's okay, but he isn't on Tyler's level. Some people say he's the shit, but not me.

Thank you BasedGod

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

@Vance Astro said:

I don't understand this? How is Hopsin more overrated than Tyler exactly? Sales, youtube views, MTV awards, money, fans and albums say otherwise.

I didn't know who Hopsin was until people start talking about him on comicvine and they way people talk about him you would think he was the savior of hip-hop.He's a decent lyricist but Tyler IMO makes better music.
NlGHTCRAWLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By NlGHTCRAWLER

@Vance Astro: I really dislike Hopsin for his gigantic ego, but I feel like Tyler has no decent flow and couldn't free style if his life depended on it.

Hopsin is too cartoony for my taste, but I wouldn't say he is overrated. At least not compared to Tyler.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

@Vance Astro: I really dislike Hopsin for his gigantic ego, but I feel like Tyler has no decent flow and couldn't free style if his life depended on it.

Hopsin is too cartoony for my taste, but I wouldn't say he is overrated. At least not compared to Tyler.

Tyler's flow is unique. It's his own. He probably can't freestyle but ALOT of rappers can't. Hopsin may not be overrated in general but he is on the vine.
the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#31  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

Hopsin for me 

NlGHTCRAWLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By NlGHTCRAWLER

@Vance Astro said:

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

Tyler's flow is unique. It's his own. He probably can't freestyle but ALOT of rappers can't. Hopsin may not be overrated in general but he is on the vine.

Ehh.. I personally don't find Tyler's flow unique at all. It just isn't there for me and I feel like he is super gimmicky, but most mainstream/ Indie Rappers are nowadays. Eating cockroaches, Upside down Crosses, Cat Eyes.... I don't pay attention to anyone who can't just be themselves and let their lyrics speak on their own without influence on what they look like or act like.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

Ehh.. I personally don't find Tyler's flow unique at all. It just isn't there for me 

Well since nobody really raps like him and without any flow at all he technically wouldn't be rapping, I don't see how his flow isn't unique. 

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

I feel like he is super gimmicky, but most mainstream/ Indie Rappers are nowadays. Eating cockroaches, Upside down Crosses, Cat Eyes.... I don't pay attention to anyone who can't just be themselves and let their lyrics speak on their own without influence on what they look like or act like.

So he's gimmicky for having a style? How does that make sense? You don't pay attention to anyone who can't be themselves? Do you know Tyler the Creator personally? Do you know him from something else to say that he's not being himself? Have you seen his interviews? MF DOOM runs around with a gladiator mask on, is that a gimmick too? I don't get it. You say let the lyrics speak for themselves...so what you're saying is, people who listen to Tyler the Creator are listening to him because he has a gothic style? Do you know that to be fact?
EVILRYUX2fold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By EVILRYUX2fold

Hopsin is actually Underated Compared to Tyler. Hopsin went Undeground For years and still is. Kind of like immortal tecnique. Considering the OFWGKTA has way more videos and views (Hop is solo most times) They might be overrated if thats what you litterally mean.

EVILRYUX2fold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By EVILRYUX2fold

@The Stegman: i was trying to Avoid that so people who put yonkers up Would'nt Argue their both good and Hopsin is better in freestyles but i just gotta give it up for Thurnis

NlGHTCRAWLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By NlGHTCRAWLER

@Vance Astro said:

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

Ehh.. I personally don't find Tyler's flow unique at all. It just isn't there for me

Well since nobody really raps like him and without any flow at all he technically wouldn't be rapping, I don't see how his flow isn't unique.

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

I feel like he is super gimmicky, but most mainstream/ Indie Rappers are nowadays. Eating cockroaches, Upside down Crosses, Cat Eyes.... I don't pay attention to anyone who can't just be themselves and let their lyrics speak on their own without influence on what they look like or act like.

So he's gimmicky for having a style? How does that make sense? You don't pay attention to anyone who can't be themselves? Do you know Tyler the Creator personally? Do you know him from something else to say that he's not being himself? Have you seen his interviews? MF DOOM runs around with a gladiator mask on, is that a gimmick too? I don't get it. You say let the lyrics speak for themselves...so what you're saying is, people who listen to Tyler the Creator are listening to him because he has a gothic style? Do you know that to be fact?

Style and gimmicks are two different things. I don't know Tyler personally, but if you check out his early mixtapes and anything he has done before Goblin (and even after) you will see EXACTLY what I am talking about. Each release he has every come out with is just a new shock factor fused with the heavy influence of another rapper, so yes, I do know him from something else to say that he is super unoriginal and gimmicky. MF DOOM's gladiator mask is another gimmick. Not sure if I would call him gimmicky though, seeing as it's more of a party trick than anything. IS his whole career based upon that mask? No it isn't. Is Tyler's props and edge factors what drives him and keep him out of the poor house? Most definitely, in my opinion. I'm sure people don't listen to Tyler soley because of his "Style" but I am positive that it has a heavy influence over his current fanbase. I do not know this for fact, but can you say I am wrong for fact?

@EVILRYUX2fold said:

Hopsin is actually Underated Compared to Tyler. Hopsin went Undeground For years and still is. Kind of like immortal tecnique. Considering the OFWGKTA has way more videos and views (Hop is solo most times) They might be overrated if thats what you litterally mean.

I'm not sure I would call Hopsin underground or compare him to Tech because Hopsin has signed with major labels in the past and I think he is currently signed to one right now, where as tech is only signed to Viper Records as a means of easier distribution. I agree about the underrated thing though in comparison to TTC.

HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#37  Edited By HolySerpent

Tyler is the sh!t

HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#38  Edited By HolySerpent

Damn i just listen to hopsin. Hes hot to

KnightRise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By KnightRise

One.thing.about.Tyler.is.he.really.loves.his.team..More.so.than.anyone.other.notable.group-leaders..And.I.hate.the.fact.that.we're.apparently."not.supposed.to.like.Yonkers"..Thats.so.hipste-rific.to.hate.his.most.famous.song..Sure,.Tyler.claims.to.hate.Yonkers.fans,.but.in.all.seriousness.he's.an.over.the.top.cornball

NOTE:.broken.keyboard,.bare.with.me

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@NlGHTCRAWLER said: 

Style and gimmicks are two different things.

That was the point of my post. 

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

but if you check out his early mixtapes and anything he has done before Goblin (and even after) you will see EXACTLY what I am talking about. 

I have..and I don't know what you're talking about. 

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

Each release he has every come out with is just a new shock factor fused with the heavy influence of another rapper, so yes, I do know him from something else to say that he is super unoriginal and gimmicky. 

Super Unoriginal? Who are these rappers you think influenced Tyler? I don't know of any rappers that are anything like him. Can you give me an example? You say with each release there is heavy influences of another rapper but he only has two albums Bastard and Goblin and they are extremely similar in style and if you listen to older mixtapes  that Tyler is on, whether it be a solo project or an Odd Future one..his content doesn't really change much. Anything you can suggest is gimmicky about his type of hip-hop is all part of his style. 

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

MF DOOM's gladiator mask is another gimmick. Not sure if I would call him gimmicky though, seeing as it's more of a party trick than anything. IS his whole career based upon that mask? No it isn't. Is Tyler's props and edge factors what drives him and keep him out of the poor house? Most definitely, in my opinion. I'm sure people don't listen to Tyler soley because of his "Style" but I am positive that it has a heavy influence over his current fanbase. I do not know this for fact, but can you say I am wrong for fact?

A gimmick is described as something that is used to draw attention or increases an artists appeal. If we say that anything Tyler the Creator is doing is a gimmick, we then have to say Rap Music is one giant gimmick itself, because every artist has something attached to their style of music that is used in order to increase their appeal. When I think of rap gimmicks I think of stuff like the Kris Kross wearing their clothes backwards,Lil' Wayne repping the Bloods in his music,Nicki Minaj pretending to be a lesbian,Lil B attempting to make an album called "I'm Gay",stuff like that. In other words I don't see what makes Tyler anymore gimmicky then pretty much any rapper.
Enemybird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Enemybird

Hopsin is garbage...

Enemybird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers