Tyler The Creator vs Chance The Rapper: Who's better?

ChillxPill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Tyler The Creator vs Chance The Rapper: Who's better? (6 votes)

TTC. 100%
CTR. 50%

Why?

• 
Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Chance and it's not even close!

Jmarshmallow

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I was thinking about this and I'm not sure....

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I find Tyler insufferable, Chance wins by default.

zaied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

KingVenus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TTC

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By thedailybagel  Moderator  Online

I physically can't stand Tyler.

legacy6364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By laflux

I think Chance is a more talented from a musical standpoint. The way he Raps and utilizes beats and instruments is very unique and gives the impression that he's been around for quite a while, and cememted his own style. Tyler has shown a good blend in beats and intrumentals, particularly in Wolf, his latest album, and I partially think the raw, graining and slightly ameutrish beats he used in his earlier pieces was more to set the tone of his music (His rap in The Tape Intro really sets the scene of what Tyler first sets out to achieve, hence why I love the song so much). The guy is a big fan of Jazz, Toro Y Moi, N.E.R.D etc and taught himself piano, so he knows what he's doing when it comes to music. But I feel that Chance has a stronger command from a studio standpoint espicially considering he's younger in the game than Tyler the creator.

I think Tyler is slightly more gifted as a rapper. Chance has a very unique voice which makes him stand out, but I think Tyler has better flow and his wordplay is more impressive. He's also rapped about a greater variety of subject matter. Chance's Rap built alot of his fanbase around drug use which is fine, Tyler's strong gore and imflammtory content is what got him noticed, but he's mellowed out since, and Wolf dwelled more into his new found fame, the relationship with his father, love, drug dealing etc, all while telling a story about a boy being sent to a camp and falling for a girl who already had a boyfriend. This isn't to say Chance can't rap well, 22 Offs is brilliant (I only wish the song was longer), but at the very least Tyler is more versatile from what I seen. Even so I think that may change seeing Chance's work with Social Experiment (if he hasn't diversified already with songs like No Better Blues).

I think Tyler has a clearer sense of what he wants to achieve and direction to his music. Wolf, Goblin and Bastard are all stories to a certain extent, and we've seen the Odd Future brand and message quite clearly portrayed in Haley's music "Kill People, Burn Sh!t, F*ck School" or "F*ck your traditions, f*ck your positions f*ck your religion, f*ck your decisions see, they're not mine, so you gotta let 'em go. See, we can be ourselves, but you gotta let us know. You gotta Let em go". Tyler is pretty much the front guy behind Odd Future, who have there own record label too (plus he holds a carnival every year :P). I think Chance has the Social Experiment, but I see that as smaller scale (I might be missing something). However this not anything against Chance, Tyle has been doing this longer, and had a bigger support group when he first started.

Who do I like more? At this moment Chance. I've spent a long time immersing myself in Tyler the Creator and Odd Future, almost to the point of being a stan. In the last 6 months or so, I've branched out a bit more and had the chance to listen to more guys in the game, so alot of Chance's work is fresher to me than Tyler, who I think I listen to all his major stuffs (OFMT, OFMT2, Radicals, Tyler F*cks Cows, Child goes Monster, 12 OF songs, Odd Rarities) plus most of his features. Acid Rap and 10 Days plus his work with Childish Gambino, Justin Beiber and The Social Experiment is all fresh for me, and more exciting as I really do dig him. Tyler is awesome though, and will always hold a special place in my heart though, and I really do feel his lyrics sometimes.

Chance is nicer, though Tyler is funnier IMO :)

@wolverine08@dccomicsrule2011@i_like_swords thoughts?

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laflux: Yeah, I think you pretty much tit for tat got to the root of their styles and what they both respectively do better than each other.

Nice sh%t man.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@laflux: I preferred Wolf and Goblin to Acidrap but not by much, and I've listened to Tyler for longer. Nice break down though.

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I physically can't stand Tyler.

What about mentally?

sacredweapons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gotta say tyler the creator. I listen to wolf on repeat and it got me back into rap. Whereas chance tries to do the whole reggae thing and it worked with cocoa butter kisses but alot of the time it dosen't.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laflux said:

I think Chance is a more talented from a musical standpoint. The way he Raps and utilizes beats and instruments is very unique and gives the impression that he's been around for quite a while, and cememted his own style. Tyler has shown a good blend in beats and intrumentals, particularly in Wolf, his latest album, and I partially think the raw, graining and slightly ameutrish beats he used in his earlier pieces was more to set the tone of his music (His rap in The Tape Intro really sets the scene of what Tyler first sets out to achieve, hence why I love the song so much). The guy is a big fan of Jazz, Toro Y Moi, N.E.R.D etc and taught himself piano, so he knows what he's doing when it comes to music. But I feel that Chance has a stronger command from a studio standpoint espicially considering he's younger in the game than Tyler the creator.

I think Tyler is slightly more gifted as a rapper. Chance has a very unique voice which makes him stand out, but I think Tyler has better flow and his wordplay is more impressive. He's also rapped about a greater variety of subject matter. Chance's Rap built alot of his fanbase around drug use which is fine, Tyler's strong gore and imflammtory content is what got him noticed, but he's mellowed out since, and Wolf dwelled more into his new found fame, the relationship with his father, love, drug dealing etc, all while telling a story about a boy being sent to a camp and falling for a girl who already had a boyfriend. This isn't to say Chance can't rap well, 22 Offs is brilliant (I only wish the song was longer), but at the very least Tyler is more versatile from what I seen. Even so I think that may change seeing Chance's work with Social Experiment (if he hasn't diversified already with songs like No Better Blues).

I think Tyler has a clearer sense of what he wants to achieve and direction to his music. Wolf, Goblin and Bastard are all stories to a certain extent, and we've seen the Odd Future brand and message quite clearly portrayed in Haley's music "Kill People, Burn Sh!t, F*ck School" or "F*ck your traditions, f*ck your positions f*ck your religion, f*ck your decisions see, they're not mine, so you gotta let 'em go. See, we can be ourselves, but you gotta let us know. You gotta Let em go". Tyler is pretty much the front guy behind Odd Future, who have there own record label too (plus he holds a carnival every year :P). I think Chance has the Social Experiment, but I see that as smaller scale (I might be missing something). However this not anything against Chance, Tyle has been doing this longer, and had a bigger support group when he first started.

Who do I like more? At this moment Chance. I've spent a long time immersing myself in Tyler the Creator and Odd Future, almost to the point of being a stan. In the last 6 months or so, I've branched out a bit more and had the chance to listen to more guys in the game, so alot of Chance's work is fresher to me than Tyler, who I think I listen to all his major stuffs (OFMT, OFMT2, Radicals, Tyler F*cks Cows, Child goes Monster, 12 OF songs, Odd Rarities) plus most of his features. Acid Rap and 10 Days plus his work with Childish Gambino, Justin Beiber and The Social Experiment is all fresh for me, and more exciting as I really do dig him. Tyler is awesome though, and will always hold a special place in my heart though, and I really do feel his lyrics sometimes.

Chance is nicer, though Tyler is funnier IMO :)

@dccomicsrule2011 ?

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#19  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

@laflux: Nice breakdown, probably one of the best, if not the best I've ever seen here on the Vine.

Great job 'Flux.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

@laflux:

Aww, thanks!

Though you making a post like that really isn't surpring considering you are the 'Coolest User Alive' for me. :P

Avatar image for consolemaster001
consolemaster001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

Tyler because Chance doesn't even create

Straight-Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Logic.

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

10day solos, and Acid Raps cleans up the rest

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Straight-Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laflux: Everybody is a fanboy/fangirl, so I have nothing to feel ashamed about. >_>

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laflux: Everybody is a fanboy/fangirl, so I have nothing to feel ashamed about. >_>

Eh, I'm just messing. I'm a big fan of Logic, so

DylanOfEarth2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By DylanOfEarth2

Tyler overall is better but I think Chance has more technical skill.

Straight-Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laflux: Oh, I know. I can read your poker face after all. : D

Darling_Luna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1