#1 Posted by umbrafeline (5300 posts) - - Show Bio

http://news.yahoo.com/two-headed-turtle-hatches-san-antonio-zoo-170418385.html

A two-headed turtle has hatched at the San Antonio Zoo and officials have named her Thelma and Louise.

The female Texas cooter arrived June 18 and will go on display Thursday at the zoo's Friedrich Aquarium.

Zoo spokeswoman Debbie Rios-Vanskike (van SKYKE') said Wednesday that the two-headed turtle appears healthy and is able to swim and walk. She says experts at the zoo don't foresee any health issues for Thelma and Louise, named for the female duo in the 1991 Oscar-winning road movie of the same name.

The San Antonio Zoo is no stranger to two-headed reptiles. The facility was home to a two-headed Texas rat snake named Janus from 1978 until the creature's death to 1995.

#2 Posted by Nefarious (20630 posts) - - Show Bio

Like, they say: Two heads are better than one.

#3 Edited by drgnx (3564 posts) - - Show Bio

Thelma and Louise, a two-headed Texas cooter turtle, is seen in an undated photo provided by the San Antonio Zoo. Zoo officials on Tuesday, June 25, 2013 said the Texas cooter was born June 18. The turtle was one of several Texas cooters born this month at the zoo but the only one with two heads. The unusual turtle will go on display Thursday at the zoo's Friedrich Aquarium. (AP Photo/San Antonio Zoo)

#4 Posted by noj (1084 posts) - - Show Bio

Haha thats pretty random. Maybe I'll go check it out. I live like within 10 mile radius of the Zoo.

#5 Posted by XImpossibruX (5180 posts) - - Show Bio

@nefarious said:

Like, they say: Two heads are better than one.

....grrrr

#6 Posted by theTimeStreamer (2841 posts) - - Show Bio

now if we can teach him to use katanas dem ninjas are as good as gone

#7 Posted by BaneStrokeLoboGrundyBatArrow (1394 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh that so cute.......

I shall name it RaphMichLeoDonangelo

#8 Posted by Crash_Recovery (850 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't tell the Joker, I can't handle any more of that.

#9 Posted by drgnx (3564 posts) - - Show Bio

Its got it yellow stripes already!

I guess that makes it a baby mutant ninja turtle!

#10 Edited by Edamame (28194 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh dear.

#11 Edited by umbrafeline (5300 posts) - - Show Bio

now if we can teach him to use katanas dem ninjas are as good as gone

lol