• 63 results
#51 Posted by Lone_Wolf_and_Cub (5019 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ellie_Knightfall thanks. Yeah we've been keeping up with the story at the station. I went to school with a girl who was injured in the bombing. 2 of my friends on the job ran the marathon, they weren't hurt but they said it was unbelievable chaos. Hopefully the other suspect gets what his brother received.

#52 Edited by Alexander505 (2144 posts) - - Show Bio

So...now...the U.S. government, like a vendetta, want to bombing the Chechnya with drones?

#53 Edited by Lone_Wolf_and_Cub (5019 posts) - - Show Bio

@Alexander I don't think that's the case. These 2 suspects seemed to be working independently of their own accord. No ones saying Chechyna is at fault.

#54 Posted by Alexander505 (2144 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok...but...is soo strange this story...and I am full of anger for that kid died.

#55 Edited by k4tzm4n (40826 posts) - - Show Bio

Isn't it crazy that two dudes pretty much shutdown the whole city area? It's messed up to think what an organized attack could do. Guess we just have to hope the people behind the scenes are doing everything they can.

Staff
#56 Posted by Lone_Wolf_and_Cub (5019 posts) - - Show Bio

This is the problem with terrorism, you really cant stop it. They have already accomplished what they set out to do. Making people afraid to go out and do things and shutting down the city basically. If we Americans are anything its resilient as we can attest to after 9/11. Unfortunately there a many of cowards in the world with fanatic views enforced by religion or other beliefs. This is why I'm all for people having the right to bare arms.

#57 Posted by k4tzm4n (40826 posts) - - Show Bio

This is the problem with terrorism, you really cant stop it. They have already accomplished what they set out to do. Making people afraid to go out and do things and shutting down the city basically. If we Americans are anything its resilient as we can attest to after 9/11. Unfortunately there a many of cowards in the world with fanatic views enforced by religion or other beliefs. This is why I'm all for people having the right to bare arms.

It's my understanding officials have told people to stay inside because it'll help their manhunt.

Staff
#58 Posted by Lone_Wolf_and_Cub (5019 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n yeah that's what I heard also.

#59 Posted by isaac_clarke (5448 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n said:

@lone_wolf_and_cub said:

It's my understanding officials have told people to stay inside because it'll help their manhunt.

Yep, that and makes sure no one becomes a potential hostage when they don't have to be.

What I find most frustrating is the duality of the response Government has to terrorism compared to gun violence. We can't even get a back-ground check bill through with constant gun related death day by day and yet the bombings in Boston (and subsequent shoot out with police) is going to get tremendous more motivation to actually act. It's ridiculous, especially when the bill is defeated a day before said individuals have a shoot out with Police.

Although the real trick to avoiding letting "terrorism" win not to go down the Islamaphobia route or allow it to disrupt our norm. In this case, keeping people in their homes is a means to an end to help control the situation since the man was at large.

#60 Posted by Lone_Wolf_and_Cub (5019 posts) - - Show Bio

@isaac_clarke don't even get me started on gun laws and background checks! It's really sad that our government can't get a simple background check bill passed.

#61 Edited by Ellie_Knightfall (4818 posts) - - Show Bio

Suspect is in custody.

#62 Posted by WillPayton (9359 posts) - - Show Bio

That was fast. Great job done by the police and FBI.

#63 Edited by judasnixon (6496 posts) - - Show Bio

BOOK HIM DANNO!!!

#64 Edited by YoungJustice (6794 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm so sick of people being "used" to acts of violence, that's why nothing ever gets done.

People need to stand up, not sit down and wait for the next Newtown to happen.

Remember Newtown, 20 kids and 6 adults killed. We ranted about it for a month, then it just died, no one cared anymore.

Remember The Dark Knight Rises shooting, we only were mad about that for a week, tops.

Stand up, promote better weapon laws, I'm honestly thinking that if we got the president to shut down weapon stores, a lot of violence would stop.

#65 Edited by judasnixon (6496 posts) - - Show Bio