• 63 results
#2 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

Just saw a lot of this filling up my feed on Twitter. That's just terrible, I hope the best for the citizens of Boston and especially the Marathon runners.

#3 Posted by Dernman (14766 posts) - - Show Bio

Can we wait for an investigation before calling it a terrorist attack? I've been hearing that a lot since that happened.

#4 Posted by Dragonborn_CT (20803 posts) - - Show Bio

I first saw in my Facebook feed then I checked the news on TV. Holy s***... That was horrible.

#5 Posted by The Stegman (23162 posts) - - Show Bio

At this point in time, I'm completely desensitized to all of the horribly violent acts that happen in the world, public shootings, murders, terrorist attacks, they're dreadful, but nothing surprises me now.

#6 Posted by WillPayton (9186 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope everyone there is ok... although I already see in the news that at least 2 people have died and many wounded. It's very sad news.

Very unlikely that this is not a terrorist act.

#7 Posted by turoksonofstone (13199 posts) - - Show Bio

Horrible just Horrible.

#8 Posted by Backflip (2256 posts) - - Show Bio

At this point in time, I'm completely desensitized to all of the horribly violent acts that happen in the world, public shootings, murders, terrorist attacks, they're dreadful, but nothing surprises me now.

With everything that's happened in the last few months, regretably I'm kinda in agreement with your statement.

Still, apparently an 8 year old is amongst the dead. I'll never wrap my head around sadistic civilian casualties.

In related matters

Faith in humanity = 0

#9 Posted by judasnixon (6224 posts) - - Show Bio

Hey people do the great City of Boston a solid, and give blood. They can really use some right now......

#10 Posted by Xanni15 (6758 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh, man, this is terrible news. Who knows the cause as it's early but hopefully there was no foul play. :(

#11 Posted by King Saturn (223834 posts) - - Show Bio

It really sucks... but we live in a time where these types of terrorist acts are going on all over the world... from people shooting up children in schools to people flying planes into buildings in the name of their God... we just live in a sh!tty world where you have some decent people trying to survive mixed in with some real monsters.

#12 Edited by dccomicsrule2011 (23337 posts) - - Show Bio

This is a goddamn shame,my heart goes out to the victims and there families.

#13 Posted by StMichalofWilson (3692 posts) - - Show Bio

God, that's just terrible. Why do these crazy things happen?

#14 Posted by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

I saw the images on TV and immediatly thought of 9/11. it was really horrible and Im not even from the US. to think people can't safely practice sport or anything in their own city.... to live normally.... just because some like to instil fear on others...

uh.... hope everything goes for the best

#15 Edited by evilvegeta74 (4521 posts) - - Show Bio

This topic is one reason many come to comicvine , this place can help one escape harsh real world issues. I just feel that we shouldn't be reminded of how cruel the world can be here. This should be a happy place. No offense to anybody and my prayers go out to all those affected.

#16 Edited by mrdecepticonleader (17605 posts) - - Show Bio

Utterly terrible.

#17 Posted by Nefarious (18799 posts) - - Show Bio

When I see things like this, It makes be ashamed to be a human.

#18 Posted by Ellie_Knightfall (4818 posts) - - Show Bio

I live less than an hour outside the city.

#20 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (19941 posts) - - Show Bio

@backflip said:

Faith in humanity = 0

WHAT....THE STUPIDITY...ER...WHAT...EVEN...

*ANGRY .GIF MODE INITIATED*

#21 Edited by TheGoldenOne (38849 posts) - - Show Bio

It really sucks... but we live in a time where these types of terrorist acts are going on all over the world... from people shooting up children in schools to people flying planes into buildings in the name of their God... we just live in a sh!tty world where you have some decent people trying to survive mixed in with some real monsters.

QFT.

#22 Edited by sagejonathan (1824 posts) - - Show Bio

What the hell is wrong with people. "Gee, I think I'll go kill someone to prove (insert something here)." How do you go around killing innocent people and be content with that. Makes me sick and angry.

#23 Edited by INLIFE (1600 posts) - - Show Bio

@king_saturn said:

True words, King.

I do consider them valid in any age (different situations though). Decent people have been always trying to live happily and survive in a a world where sh!t never stops. In these ages, these horrendous acts are not focused on one specific conflict and seem quite seem random. They are not, but the thought is what makes these times so scary in comparison to the ones before them. Best regards and hopes to the injured people and their families as well as the families of those who have died.

This is a very crappy world we live in :(.. But what can we do?

Also, I am not trying to joke here, but has anyone noticed how this happened a day after General Zod's video warning to mankind about harboring Kal-El. I know, not the time for comics, but I do find this to be a very strange coincidence.

#24 Posted by Owie (3625 posts) - - Show Bio

What the hell is wrong with people? I'm so damn sick and tired of idiots ruining/ending people's lives.

#25 Posted by BlackReaper (595 posts) - - Show Bio

@dernman said:

Can we wait for an investigation before calling it a terrorist attack? I've been hearing that a lot since that happened.

Chances are, it is.

#26 Posted by Mr_Ingenuity (7218 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackreaper said:

@dernman said:

Chances are, it is.

I'm 90% sure this counts as domestic terrorism, if not foreign.

#27 Edited by judasnixon (6224 posts) - - Show Bio

We should give it up to all the volunteers at the Boston Marathon....... They saved live, they are real heroes, and thank you....

#28 Posted by BlackReaper (595 posts) - - Show Bio

@mr_ingenuity said:

@blackreaper said:

@dernman said:

Chances are, it is.

I guarantee it's domestic. Problem is, a lot of people got the idea that terrorist = Muslim extremist.

#29 Posted by Mr_Ingenuity (7218 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackreaper said:

@mr_ingenuity said:

@blackreaper said:

@dernman said:

Chances are, it is.

I guarantee it's domestic. Problem is, a lot of people got the idea that terrorist = Muslim extremist.

Then we should redefine terrorism to fit the countries IQ.

#30 Posted by judasnixon (6224 posts) - - Show Bio

IF YOU FEEL BAD FOR BOSTON? PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE GIVE BLOOD!!!! YOU MY SAVE A LIFE!

#31 Edited by dboyrules2011 (12077 posts) - - Show Bio
#32 Edited by Dreadmaster (16778 posts) - - Show Bio

My well-wishes for innocents involved in the bombings.

#33 Posted by SithLantern93 (2063 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah. We really need this guy to show those crazy dumbf%cks what would the being in the name of they kill for, would do to them.

#34 Posted by isaac_clarke (5448 posts) - - Show Bio

There will be a great deal of clarity within the next few days when the perpetrator is eventually found. My prayers go out to those injured and their loved ones.

@owie:@sagejonathan:

Morality isn't static and it's incredibly easy for people to commit heinous acts to whomsoever they dub the "enemy" (stripping their victims of any identity outside that). It's a dark worlds we live exist in, hopefully given some time and smart choices we can make it a little brighter.

#35 Posted by Ellie_Knightfall (4818 posts) - - Show Bio

Reports coming in that the bombs were made of pressure cookers and filled with metal and ball bearings.

#36 Posted by PowerHerc (81645 posts) - - Show Bio

More tragic, deadly and destructive evil. So terrible. So sad.

#37 Edited by Ellie_Knightfall (4818 posts) - - Show Bio

Two of the three dead have been identified. An 8 year-old boy (whose mother and sister are both pretty badly injured) and a 29 year-old woman.

RIP.

#38 Edited by Lvenger (18445 posts) - - Show Bio

Even though only 2 people died, it's still a heinous crime for the bombers to try and carry out this horrible act. It's sick that people still plot to end the life and forget the value each individual has in their life. I hope the 27 runners injured make a hasty recovery and that the bombers are caught and put away for a long time for what they've done.

#39 Posted by TheSpiritStalker (2013 posts) - - Show Bio

Such a horrible world we live in.

RIP

#40 Edited by lykopis (10756 posts) - - Show Bio

Eight year old Martin Richard, twenty-nine year old Krystle Campbell and an unidentified Chinese national who was a Boston University graduate student.

Senseless, horrific deaths caused by an act of disgusting cowardice. My thoughts go out to their families -- what a nightmare.

#41 Posted by jashro44 (19803 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope they can recover from this as soon as possible.

#42 Posted by Ellie_Knightfall (4818 posts) - - Show Bio

Stephen Colbert put it brilliantly.

Whoever did this obviously did not know sh!t about Boston because nothing these terrorists do is gonna shake them. For Pete's sake, Boston was founded by the Pilgrims, a people so tough they had to buckle their goddamn hats on. It is the cradle of the American Revolution. A city that withstood an 86 year losing streak. Even their bands are tough. It's the hometown of Aerosmith who, on their 5th decade, are still going strong.

Here's what these cowards really don't get. They attacked the Boston marathon, an event celebrating people who run 26 miles on their day off until their nipples are raw, for fun. And when those bombs went off, there were runners who, after finishing the marathon, kept running another 2 miles to the hospital to donate blood. These maniacs may have tried to make life bad for people of Boston, but all they can ever do is show just how great these people are.

#43 Posted by Ellie_Knightfall (4818 posts) - - Show Bio

Explosions and gunfire in Watertown. One suspect from the bombings is dead. They are in pursuit of another.

There was a shooting at MIT (campus officer is dead). The two suspects in THAT then carjacked and took off. They eventually made their way to Watertown and threw explosives were thrown out of the car. An MBTA officer was seriously injured. One of the suspects was seriously injured and died at the hospital, according to the official press release.

Officers are now in pursuit of the other suspect and are dealing with (possible) unexploded devices.

#44 Posted by mikethekiller (8326 posts) - - Show Bio

Hope they get those f**kers.

#45 Edited by Ellie_Knightfall (4818 posts) - - Show Bio
#46 Edited by Illuminatus (9497 posts) - - Show Bio

Boston area police scanner, for anybody interested.

It's been confirmed that it is two brothers (20 and 19) who are Chechen nationals going to school in Cambridge. One is dead, and the other, Dzhokhar A. Tsarnaev, is still at large.

#47 Posted by Lone_Wolf_and_Cub (4923 posts) - - Show Bio

Typical terrorist cowards.

#48 Edited by Ellie_Knightfall (4818 posts) - - Show Bio

@ellie_knightfall said:

Boston area police scanner, for anybody interested.

It's been confirmed that it is two brothers (20 and 19) who are Chechen nationals going to school in Cambridge. One is dead, and the other, Dzhokhar A. Tsarnaev, is still at large.

Yup. Been following since 11 PM last night, I'm only half-crazy on exhaustion and caffeine, but hey, I can type?

There's something going on at Kenmore square and there's going to be a controlled detonation.

#49 Posted by Lone_Wolf_and_Cub (4923 posts) - - Show Bio

Boston is on lockdown public transit wise. Not even trains can leave. I'm a firefighter in Providence RI. This is disconcerting that they haven't caught the 2nd suspect yet. A little too close to home.

#50 Posted by Ellie_Knightfall (4818 posts) - - Show Bio

@lone_wolf_and_cub: Thanks for your service.

And yeah, they just shut down the Amtrak between Boston and Providence.