#101 Posted by PrinceAragorn1 (17499 posts) - - Show Bio

Emily :

It's called a 'star puzzle'. It's basically impossible to figure out.You have to put all of the pieces back together to form a perfect star. But the origin of it is, um, kind of a romantic tale. There was this young prince who wanted to win the heart of the fairest maiden in the land, so he climbed to the top of the tallest tower in the kingdom and he caught a falling star for her. Unfortunately, he was so excited that he dropped it and it smashed into all of these pieces. So he frantically put it back together again to prove his undying love to her and he succeeded and they lived happily ever after.

Spencer : That doesn't make any sense!

Emily: What do you mean?

Spencer: You can't catch a falling star, It would burn up in the atmosphere.

lol I love criminal minds.. does no one here really watches it?

#102 Posted by consolemaster001 (5613 posts) - - Show Bio

#103 Posted by PrinceAragorn1 (17499 posts) - - Show Bio

Criminal minds..

Agent Rossi Plays GTA? lol

#104 Posted by jesusdisciple001 (546 posts) - - Show Bio

revenge GoT nikita arrow big bang runs stale smtimes and not dat big a fan watch if dere is nothing w

else also van i talk about a nice animated series called Bravoman its on d internet dats more comedy dan action but awesome nonetheless

#105 Posted by PrinceAragorn1 (17499 posts) - - Show Bio

Person interest is 3-02 absolute brilliance as usual..

#106 Posted by MadeinBangladesh (6930 posts) - - Show Bio

Person interest is 3-02 absolute brilliance as usual..

Man I gotta check out PoI. Ben from Lost is in that show!

#107 Posted by PrinceAragorn1 (17499 posts) - - Show Bio
#108 Posted by Deadite (24049 posts) - - Show Bio

Just finished watching all the episodes House of Cards have so far.

#109 Posted by MadeinBangladesh (6930 posts) - - Show Bio

@deadite said:

what did you think of it? the acting and directing was phenomenal, but story was kindof boring in my opinion.

#110 Edited by batmannflash (6222 posts) - - Show Bio

Just finished Breaking Bad a week ago, so I started watching Mad Men and The Walking Dead.

What are people's opinions on these other shows (which I might watch in the future)?

Doctor Who

Dexter

Game of Thrones

Suits

Sherlock

The Newsroom

And is it worth watching every season of these shows?

#111 Edited by Deadite (24049 posts) - - Show Bio

@madeinbangladesh said:

@deadite said:

what did you think of it? the acting and directing was phenomenal, but story was kindof boring in my opinion.

I was surprised by it. It's the first time I got invested in a series that revolves around politics and politicians.

The story so far has been phenomenal, it's like they designed the series to tackle viewers like me. It's entertaining to watch Francis work on people.

I was worried..no, I was determined that the series was going to fail my interest, start watching the first episode with no expectation at all and ended up tackling the entire first season in one day.

#112 Posted by MadeinBangladesh (6930 posts) - - Show Bio

@deadite said:

@madeinbangladesh said:

@deadite said:

I was surprised by it. It's the first time I got invested in a series that revolves around politics and politicians.

The story so far has been phenomenal, it's like they designed the series to tackle viewers like me. It's entertaining to watch Francis work on people.

I was worried..no, I was determined that the series was going to fail my interest, start watching the first episode with no expectation at all and ended up tackling the entire first season in one day.

I really wanted to like the story, but it was alright to me. A lot of people liked it though. Have you watched Orange is the New Black?

#113 Edited by Deadite (24049 posts) - - Show Bio

@madeinbangladesh said:

@deadite said:

@madeinbangladesh said:

@deadite said:

I really wanted to like the story, but it was alright to me. A lot of people liked it though. Have you watched Orange is the New Black?

No, I haven't. I have doubts about it, same problem I have with House of Cards. Neither of them appeals to me by their cover/surface.

Do you like it? Do you also have problem with its story?

#114 Posted by MadeinBangladesh (6930 posts) - - Show Bio

@deadite said:

@madeinbangladesh said:

@deadite said:

@madeinbangladesh said:

@deadite said:

No, I haven't. I have doubts about it, same problem I have with House of Cards. Neither of them appeals to me by their cover/surface.

Do you like it? Do you also have problem with its story?

I just found it out of nowhere. I was hooked right away from episode 1. I watch shows based on ratings/reviews and if it is getting any praise. I learned not to avoid a TV show based on the cover or how it looks or I would have missed out on Game of Thrones and do many other shows.

#115 Edited by PrinceAragorn1 (17499 posts) - - Show Bio

Mentalist.. s6E2

Oh thank God. I thought they were going to take after game of thrones..

The insane tension, and the comedy moments that are still actually funny.. Just intense.

Seriously, this show is one of the best shows out there, no it IS the best out there.. And considering we're getting to know red john this season, I expect it to be more awesome than ever before, I mean every episode containing red john always is..

#116 Edited by PrinceAragorn1 (17499 posts) - - Show Bio

@batmannflash said:

Just finished Breaking Bad a week ago, so I started watching Mad Men and The Walking Dead.

What are people's opinions on these other shows (which I might watch in the future)?

Doctor Who. Watched.. Watch first two episodes of all three doctors at least. If you like them, you'll stay attached throughout the show..

Dexter. Watched.. The show is pretty well, It's a little drawn out in the middle, but you can guarantee the creepy tension almost every moment. If you see the first episode, I can guarantee you'll see the first season. Other than that you could just watch the relevant episodes of each season to keep up with the series. But if you do like the setting, it's worth watching it..

Game of Thrones. Watched. And yes, it's worth watching every episode..

Suits. Half watched. see it and check if you like it yourself, I abandoned it because I was watching other shows.

Sherlock. Watched. Make SURE you watch this. It has just six episodes (and one unaired pilot) and all six are absolute brilliance. Or you can just wait a year and watch it before the next season comes out.

The Newsroom. No idea, sorry..

And is it worth watching every season of these shows?

Anyway, try Person of interest/mentalist, if you liked CSI or criminal minds, or shows with crime investigations.. Either of these never let you get bored, even more so than the other two mentioned (yes, really)..

Edit:

Criminal minds:

Rossi: It's nothing. Uh... I had breakfast with Carolyn the other morning.

Emily: Carolyn? Oh! Is that wife number four or five?

Rossi: Look, let's get our facts straight. I only had three wives. I mean, that's in the realm of reasonable.

God I love criminal minds lol

#117 Edited by Deadite (24049 posts) - - Show Bio

Great. An entire episode with an irrational Gregory House dealing with Cuttoner's death. I've heard the show went down hill at certain point and they should've tie it down with a good ending sooner. Am I at that juncture where the series got shot to hell?

I'm at season 5 episode 20.

#118 Posted by Deadite (24049 posts) - - Show Bio

The new Dracula series was good enough so far, I guess. They need to tone down on the slow motion in combat.

#119 Edited by Dabee (2393 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyone see the latest episode of Homeland? Super intense last five minutes...

Javardi races Carrie to his house, and kills his daughter in law. He then goes toward her infant son, (his grandson) and eventually kills his wife with a broken bottle. (That part.) Can't wait to see Peter Quinn break him down...

#120 Edited by PrinceAragorn1 (17499 posts) - - Show Bio

Finished friends T_T

#121 Posted by PrinceAragorn1 (17499 posts) - - Show Bio
#122 Edited by Saint_Wildcard (10596 posts) - - Show Bio

Anybody here watch The League? That show is mad dope. Nick Kroll at his best.

#123 Posted by EpicTayMan (2326 posts) - - Show Bio

@saint_wildcard:LOL i only watched one episode and it was mad funny it had me laughing so much

#124 Posted by Saint_Wildcard (10596 posts) - - Show Bio

@saint_wildcard:LOL i only watched one episode and it was mad funny it had me laughing so much

You don't just simply watch one... YOU MUST WATCH ALL OF THEM!

#125 Posted by PrinceAragorn1 (17499 posts) - - Show Bio
#126 Posted by Saint_Wildcard (10596 posts) - - Show Bio
#127 Posted by PrinceAragorn1 (17499 posts) - - Show Bio
#128 Posted by RogueShadow (10782 posts) - - Show Bio

@princearagorn1: Seen bits of it, not keen.

For the purposes of this thread I'll just list shows I like:

No particular order, my favourites are highlighted

• Game of Thrones
  • The Walking Dead
  • House
  • Luther
  • Hannibal
  • Being Human [UK]
  • The Sopranos
  • Breaking Bad
  • The Thick of It
  • Arrow
  • Dracula
  • Jekyll
  • The Mentalist
  • Sherlock [First two series]
  • Doctor Who
  • Justified
  • Friends
  • Lost
  • House of Cards
  • Dexter
  • Lie to Me

Reaaallly looking forward to Penny Dreadful.

#129 Posted by DcAnime2014 (503 posts) - - Show Bio

I watched Hannibal for the first time last night...It's pretty good!

#130 Edited by PrinceAragorn1 (17499 posts) - - Show Bio

@rogueshadow: You didn't like friends? 0_0

Mentalist is on break it seems.

Either way, PoI is the best I'm seeing currently.. The concept is kinda cool..

I watched Hannibal for the first time last night...It's pretty good!

well, the moment you finish the last episode, you'll realize it was even better than what you thought :)

Season 2 is finally here though :D

#131 Edited by RogueShadow (10782 posts) - - Show Bio

@princearagorn1: I like friends, it's just not one of my absolute favourites.

#132 Edited by DcAnime2014 (503 posts) - - Show Bio

@princearagorn1: I'll probably watch the first season later, I have so many shows I need to catch up on :p

#133 Edited by PrinceAragorn1 (17499 posts) - - Show Bio

@rogueshadow said:

@princearagorn1: I like friends, it's just not one of my absolute favourites.

that's unforgivable!

@dcanime2014 said:

@princearagorn1: I'll probably watch the first season later, I have so many shows I need to catch up on :p

Well, try and watch the episodes with as small a gap between them as possible. It helps with the tone of the series.. Otherwise instead of feeling the tension, you'll be bored out of your mind lol. (think of dexter, just a dozen times more concentrated)

#134 Edited by PrinceAragorn1 (17499 posts) - - Show Bio

@rogueshadow: So.. is dracula worth following? I watched the first episode, and it was -really- nice to see a vampire-like vampire. (twilight, buffy, vampire diaries, originals, supernatural, hellsing.. my God.)

But the overall setting was really underwhelming.. wondering if I should continue or not. I mean.. they narrated half the time.. :(

#135 Posted by DcAnime2014 (503 posts) - - Show Bio
#136 Posted by RogueShadow (10782 posts) - - Show Bio

@rogueshadow: So.. is dracula worth following? I watched the first episode, and it was -really- nice to see a vampire-like vampire. (twilight, buffy, vampire diaries, originals, supernatural, hellsing.. my God.)

But the overall setting was really underwhelming.. wondering if I should continue or not. I mean.. they narrated half the time.. :(

It's worth a watch, it's not amazing, but I hope it gets renewed. Would've been more interesting in the present day in my opinion.

#137 Edited by 14NC3 (1760 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm watching True Detective, The Walking Dead, Sherlock and Brooklyn nine-nine at the moment. Walking dead at the moment is meh, brooklyn nine-nine is pretty funny but not as hilarious as I expected it to be (with it being a golden globe award winning tv show and all) and Sherlock is brilliant but I have to go with True Detective as the greatest show i'm watching atm as well as the best show on TV right now. So good in fact that it's prob one of my favourite shows of all time.

The writing is unbelievable as well as the acting (especially from McConaughey) direction and cinematography being beyond awesome. And holy crap will this show creep you out - you're gonna know what I mean on your first-viewing of the title sequence. The dialogue, (especially from Rust) is stunning - there's a load of quotes that's gonna stay with me a looong time for e.g. "(Martin) You wonder if you're a bad man? (Rust) No I don't wonder Marty. The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door." I'm so gutted that the director, woody harrelson and matthew mcconaughey aren't staying for season 2... I hope the season finale coming soon blows me away..

Once true detective finishes i'm gonna have to fill the void with shows that everyone is saying are awesome...so i'm planning to watch Game of Thrones (i watched it up to episode 6 then quit, i'll give it another try), House of Cards, Luthor (the plot doesn't look appealing but i'll give it a shot), Homeland (only season 1) and Arrow (only season 2 after reading the plot-line of season 1 - I watched one episode from the first season and it's reaally campy. Everyone says that the first season is crap but season 2 is awesome).

Are there any other shows that are a must-see?

#138 Edited by DcAnime2014 (503 posts) - - Show Bio

@14nc3: Have you thought about watching Teen Wolf or Hannibal? I'm actually on the second season of Luthor :D

#139 Edited by 14NC3 (1760 posts) - - Show Bio

@dcanime2014 said:

@14nc3: Have you thought about watching Teen Wolf or Hannibal?

I'm actually on the second season of Luthor :D

Hannibal looks cool so maybe but Teen Wolf not so much. How good would you say Luthor is so far on a scale /10?

#140 Edited by DcAnime2014 (503 posts) - - Show Bio

8.5/10

It's pretty interesting if you like crime shows or BBC shows. Personally I like to watch a couple of the episodes then take a short break from it.

#141 Posted by DcAnime2014 (503 posts) - - Show Bio

@14nc3: I really need to catch up on Sherlock....

#142 Edited by 14NC3 (1760 posts) - - Show Bio

@dcanime2014:

Cool. The main reason i'm gonna watch it, asides from everyone telling me it's good, is cause of Idris Elba. He's almost always awesome in all the movies i've seen him in, no matter how small the part...I'm prob gonna start watching in a week or two.

#143 Posted by DcAnime2014 (503 posts) - - Show Bio
#144 Edited by 14NC3 (1760 posts) - - Show Bio

@14nc3: I really need to catch up on Sherlock....

I've only just finished season 1, i have to as well before the spoiler trolls come....

#145 Posted by DcAnime2014 (503 posts) - - Show Bio

@14nc3: I think I'm still in the first season. Are you enjoying Arrow?

#146 Posted by 14NC3 (1760 posts) - - Show Bio

@14nc3: I think I'm still in the first season. Are you enjoying Arrow?

No I haven't watched it yet. I said I was planning to watch Arrow Season 2 after I read the plot summary of Season 1 XD I don't want to put myself through hours of cringey dialogue...

#147 Posted by PrinceAragorn1 (17499 posts) - - Show Bio

@rogueshadow:

You watch hannibal, right?

"You.. are not my design"

#148 Posted by RogueShadow (10782 posts) - - Show Bio

@rogueshadow:

You watch hannibal, right?

"You.. are not my design"

Yeah, it's awesome, have you seen the latest episode?

#149 Edited by PrinceAragorn1 (17499 posts) - - Show Bio
#150 Edited by RogueShadow (10782 posts) - - Show Bio