True Blood vs Dexter - Which finale was worse?

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll True Blood vs Dexter - Which finale was worse? (15 votes)

Dexter 33%
True Blood 20%
They both sucked equally! 7%
I don't watch either 40%

Which had the crappiest final season overall??

• 
comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Dexter. I'll never forgive that show.

legacy6364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dexter hands down. The show had the balls to go where no show has gone before. To end the way it did truly hurt my soul.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

I didn't see the final season myself but I did read about it. The final season was a cop-out and an extremely nonsensical letdown. It's like they didn't even care anymore.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 the_stegman  Moderator

I haven't bothered with True Blood in years...but I doubt it can beat Dexter...damn that was horrible.

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erik said:

@comicace3 said:

I didn't see the final season myself but I did read about it. The final season was a cop-out and an extremely nonsensical letdown. It's like they didn't even care anymore.

It was horrible and made no sense. I almost cried...... ( not really but I was pissed)

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

@erik said:

@comicace3 said:

It was horrible and made no sense. I almost cried...... ( not really but I was pissed)

I at least get to end it before it got too strange. Though season 7 was getting into WTF territory a little bit.

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erik said:
@comicace3 said:

@erik said:

@comicace3 said:

I at least get to end it before it got too strange. Though season 7 was getting into WTF territory a little bit.

Seasons 1-4 were pretty good. After that it became meh. Then season eight dropped the nuclear bomb on what I thought was a good run.

Rouflex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By Rouflex

I havent seen either.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm going with True Blood....that sh!t was truly horrible. The Dexter series finale was bad as well, but at least it meant something...at least sh!t happened. I pretty much zoned out through the last episode of TB because it was so boring....wedding crap and nonsensical feeling talk took up about an hour of the show. The other 10 minutes wer spent between a lame epilogue (save for Eric and Pams part) and another awesome Eric/Pam scene that was way too short. I felt robbed at the end.

Oh, and Bill Compton is the dumbest vampire ever. That dude is lame.

Avatar image for spideyivydaredevilfan26
SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 41

Everybody, calm the HELL down, the Dexter series finale WASN'T THAT BAD. Was it perfect? No. But I still found it pretty good and an extremely emotional goodbye. Seeing Dexter lose everything and enforcing the ultimate punishment on himself by cutting himself off from all of his friends and family, AND being forced to end his sister's suffering. When I originally saw it, i really liked it, but the more I think about it, the more I really, really love it.

Bystander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 the_stegman  Moderator

Everybody, calm the HELL down, the Dexter series finale WASN'T THAT BAD. Was it perfect? No. But I still found it pretty good and an extremely emotional goodbye. Seeing Dexter lose everything and enforcing the ultimate punishment on himself by cutting himself off from all of his friends and family, AND being forced to end his sister's suffering. When I originally saw it, i really liked it, but the more I think about it, the more I really, really love it.

No. It was bad. Just as bad as people say. Deb goes into a coma?? A COMA?? What type of midday soap opera move was that?? She's perfectly fine and dandy, then boom, coma. Then Dexter decides to pull her plug and jump into a hurricane? People say Pa Kent's death was dumb in MOS, this is much, much worse. And finally, after somehow surviving the storm, he up and leaves his child, the only thing he claimed to love in the world with a serial killer who has pretty much to ties to Harrison or no reason to raise him, to become a lumberjack? They already had the perfect ending, all bad guys were defeated, Dex and Hannah were happy and going to Argentina, Deb was finally, after going through struggle after struggle in a place she could be happy, with Quinn. THEY HAD THE ENDING. But no, they had to mess it up.

And yes, I know, I know, it's trying to reinforce the idea that Dexter can't have a normal life, that would be all good, if it wasn't going against everything that has already happened in the series. Dexter had proved time and time again he COULD control his "Dark Passenger" that he can fight the overwhelming urge to kill and live a normal life, he was a good father to Harrison, a good brother, a good friend and a good spouse, but no, the show wants to go for shock value and cram that nonsense down our throats. As someone who loved the first four seasons of Dexter, seeing it get progressively worse then end on that note made me quite upset.

Raffels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

True Blood finally was just really boring...... Plus the last 10 minutes were horrible.

Avatar image for spideyivydaredevilfan26
SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 41

@spideyivydaredevilfan26 said:

No. It was bad. Just as bad as people say. Deb goes into a coma?? A COMA?? What type of midday soap opera move was that?? She's perfectly fine and dandy, then boom, coma. Then Dexter decides to pull her plug and jump into a hurricane? People say Pa Kent's death was dumb in MOS, this is much, much worse. And finally, after somehow surviving the storm, he up and leaves his child, the only thing he claimed to love in the world with a serial killer who has pretty much to ties to Harrison or no reason to raise him, to become a lumberjack? They already had the perfect ending, all bad guys were defeated, Dex and Hannah were happy and going to Argentina, Deb was finally, after going through struggle after struggle in a place she could be happy, with Quinn. THEY HAD THE ENDING. But no, they had to mess it up.

And yes, I know, I know, it's trying to reinforce the idea that Dexter can't have a normal life, that would be all good, if it wasn't going against everything that has already happened in the series. Dexter had proved time and time again he COULD control his "Dark Passenger" that he can fight the overwhelming urge to kill and live a normal life, he was a good father to Harrison, a good brother, a good friend and a good spouse, but no, the show wants to go for shock value and cram that nonsense down our throats. As someone who loved the first four seasons of Dexter, seeing it get progressively worse then end on that note made me quite upset.

I didn't mind Deb going into a coma. I mean, she's going through so much emotional trauma and complete heartbreak, I think her body just broke down. Granted, could have been executed better than a coma though. And Dexter probably decided that he needed to put Deb out of her misery, he couldn't let her bear his terrible and horrific secret anymore, which was the responsible thing to do. And the reason he left the child was sort of to punish himself for hurting so many of his loved ones. He CAN control his urges, but it was more about self punishment than anything. I really loved it.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 rogueshadow  Moderator

I started watching True Blood a couple of months ago and couldn't get into it.

Dexter's first four seasons are so good, but the rest...they started to become too philosophical and deep, Dexter was cleverest when it was incredibly shallow in a self aware way and exposing the human condition. By the time it got to the final season, I barely watched, though I did watch the pathetic finale.

There was only one scene the show should have ended on in my opinion, frankly they were foolish not to see it.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 the_stegman  Moderator
primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dexter man the only one i can say was worse than that is how i met your mother.