True Blood Season 7 Premiere

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Alright, the seventh season just started, and IMO, it's already off to a horrible start. OMG, why am I still watching this??

SPOILER

Tara, a series regular, was killed off, off-screen, in the first 2 and half minutes LMAO SMDH

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Emperorb777

I guess I'll see how it is in a couple of hours after I watch Penny Dreadful. I'm not expecting much from this season at all since the series was supposed to end awhile ago.

Avatar image for redxiii18881990
Redxiii18881990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buttersdaman000: god damn spoilers blocks. Just so damn tempting to look at, being all I know something you don't and every time I do, I regret it!! :/

CuddleBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lets be honest... we just watch this show to see Rogue naked. Hopefully our gift for watching the final horrible season of this show will be the red-headed vampire getting naked.

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lets be honest... we just watch this show to see Rogue naked. Hopefully our gift for watching the final horrible season of this show will be the red-headed vampire getting naked.

Well that may be the case for you but I watch it because.......Uhh.....Uhhhh......well......shut up.

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ugh, even ignoring that major characters lame death, this episode was just bad. I probably won't come back until the series finale. I'll just binge the whole season lol

I guess I'll see how it is in a couple of hours after I watch Penny Dreadful. I'm not expecting much from this season at all since the series was supposed to end awhile ago.

Penny Dreadful is awesome. It's a shame we only get 8 episodes this season. I wish they would hurry up with some of the mysteries!!

@buttersdaman000: god damn spoilers blocks. Just so damn tempting to look at, being all I know something you don't and every time I do, I regret it!! :/

You'll probably just scrunch your face up and say "da fuq??" if you open it lol

I've seen Rogue naked too many times to even care haha. But yeah, if I don't see some ginger boobs, i'm gonna riot!!! Though.....she is technically still 17 on the show soooooo???

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By buttersdaman000

For real though, why does Tara's mother always sound like a field slave?? Lmao

CuddleBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the acting on this show... i am embarrassed to be seen watching it

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 rogueshadow  Moderator

Not going to watch, going to wait until the entire seris is out and then binge.

For now... Penny Dreadfuuuuuuuul.

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buttersdaman000: I wish Penny Dreadful would hurry up a say yes/no to Ethan being a werewolf or some form of supernatural creature and stop di*king around about that subject. I'm glad Penny Dreadful was renewed for a second season after what the 3rd episode lol.

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not going to watch, going to wait until the entire seris is out and then binge.

For now... Penny Dreadfuuuuuuuul.

Ah another with good taste in TV shows.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator

@immortal777: Why, thank-you good sir.

Yeah, Ethan's almost certainly a werewolf, or he's at least a shapeshifter, they might choose something more esoteric, but continuing with the Iconic victorian monsters, a Werewolf seems most appropriate.

Let's not forget what that would basically make him - An American Werewolf in London.

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rogueshadow said:

Yeah, Ethan's almost certainly a werewolf, or he's at least a shapeshifter, they might choose something more esoteric, but continuing with the Iconic victorian monsters, a Werewolf seems most appropriate.

Let's not forget what that would basically make him - An American Werewolf in London.

Sorry to derail thread but it is Penny Dreadful OP

I was thinking about shape shifter as well because Ethan was in the Indian war I think Ethan said or Frankenstein said and it may have been a curse placed on him by the Indians. Shape shifters also being part of Indian story/myth and all.

My first though as well, American Werewolf in London was the first thing that came to mind in like the first episode.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 rogueshadow  Moderator

@rogueshadow said:

Sorry to derail thread but it is Penny Dreadful OP

I was thinking about shape shifter as well because Ethan was in the Indian war I think Ethan said or Frankenstein said and it may have been a curse placed on him by the Indians. Shape shifters also being part of Indian story/myth and all.

My first though as well, American Werewolf in London was the first thing that came to mind in like the first episode.

Lol, me too, I'm glad they are dragging it out though, I'm hoping for an awesome Werewolf metamorphosis, just like the film.

I'm really curious to see what Sembene does too, he's clearly a witchdoctor or something akin, a tribal wise man at least, he really reminds me of N'Longa from Solomon Kane. I hope he doesn't fall into the , 'Magical Negro' trope.

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By Dragonborn_CT

Heh... I decided to give the series another try after watching a few episodes from previous season...

I can't say I liked Tara enough, but man was her death abrupt.

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rogueshadow: How I see the group has only Sir Malcolm as the only regular human thrust into an extraordinary situation and that's what I'm hoping for. I know Frankenstein is human but I see he and Adam as one and the same story wise.

Hell just looking into Sembenes eyes you know he's been through some sh!t. You saw how he snapped that cats neck like it was a routine lol.

Avatar image for pperspectiveandreality
Pperspectiveandreality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

This show was always a guilty pleasure for me. It's been down hill since the end of the Russell Edginton story. This was the worst season opener of the entire series.

Cregan_Stark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Crazy episode, it will be interesting to see where they go this season. Where the crap is Eric?

BTW, Penny Dreadful is a good show!

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By buttersdaman000

@dragonborn_ct:

Yeah, she wasn't exactly my favorite either but the character deserved some respect. She's been a main cast member for six seasons and she gets killed off screen before the opening credits even role?? That isn't right. I'm kind of hoping she's still alive....there has to be some reason for at least not showing us the death.

@cuddlebear said:

@buttersdaman000 said:

Haha so true. Some scenes are totally cringeworthy. Remember this line from season 6? Sookie to Warlow, it went something like this,

"If I extinguish my light, your existence will be meaningless. You don't just want a human wife, or even a vampire wife; you want a fairy-vampire wife!"

Bleghhh *throws up in mouth*

@immortal777 said:

@buttersdaman000: I wish Penny Dreadful would hurry up a say yes/no to Ethan being a werewolf or some form of supernatural creature and stop di*king around about that subject. I'm glad Penny Dreadful was renewed for a second season after what the 3rd episode lol.

He's defintely a werewolf, or some creature with an affinity towards the beast. If he is a werewolf, I hope he's an actual bipedal, man/wolf hybrid beast, and not the pure wolf cop-outs that we usually get. If it does turn out that way, it would be great if they just confirm him as a skin walker or something else. I was also thinking he could have a Dr. Jekyll/Mr. Hyde thing going on. And yeah, that third episode was amazing.

SecretIdentity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I love Violet!

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dragonborn_ct:

Yeah, she wasn't exactly my favorite either but the character deserved some respect. She's been a main cast member for six seasons and she gets killed off screen before the opening credits even role?? That isn't right. I'm kind of hoping she's still alive....there has to be some reason for at least not showing us the death.

I don't even know how they assume she was the one that got killed...

In either case, I might be incorrect but wasn't Tara a really unpopular (or at least divisive) character among the fanbase?

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Dragonborn_CT

@cuddlebear said:
@buttersdaman000 said:

Haha so true. Some scenes are totally cringeworthy. Remember this line from season 6? Sookie to Warlow, it went something like this,

"If I extinguish my light, your existence will be meaningless. You don't just want a human wife, or even a vampire wife; you want a fairy-vampire wife!"

Bleghhh *throws up in mouth*

Goddamn, tell me about it. The poor dialogue in general is one of the worst flaws this show has. The exchange between Jason and Violet before they had sex was just...

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buttersdaman000: I'd prefer if the wolves in Penny Dreadful to be like the Van Helsing movie ones which are one of my favorites.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 rogueshadow  Moderator

@rogueshadow: How I see the group has only Sir Malcolm as the only regular human thrust into an extraordinary situation and that's what I'm hoping for. I know Frankenstein is human but I see he and Adam as one and the same story wise.

Hell just looking into Sembenes eyes you know he's been through some sh!t. You saw how he snapped that cats neck like it was a routine lol.

I loved it when he calmly slapped the sh*t out of Vanessa this episode, haha.I actually see Victor dying at some point. I was so bummed when they killed off Van Helsing, f*cking Caliban. I feel they may have wasted his character a little bit to be honest, he was so iconic and enigmatic, I really liked him.

Yeah, I'm betting he either is descended from the Native Americans somehow, or has been cursed by them, probably the latter in my opinion.

To me, Victor seems the most vulnerable at the moment, I fear his story will become tertiary to Caliban's.

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rogueshadow: The ending for last nights Penny Dreadful was a BIG WTF!!! At this point I just don't know what the hell Ethan is anymore.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 the_stegman  Moderator

The show hasn't been good since season 3. No wonder it's cancelled.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 the_stegman  Moderator

@immortal777 said:

I loved it when he calmly slapped the sh*t out of Vanessa this episode, haha.I actually see Victor dying at some point. I was so bummed when they killed off Van Helsing, f*cking Caliban. I feel they may have wasted his character a little bit to be honest, he was so iconic and enigmatic, I really liked him.

Yeah, I'm betting he either is descended from the Native Americans somehow, or has been cursed by them, probably the latter in my opinion.

To me, Victor seems the most vulnerable at the moment, I fear his story will become tertiary to Caliban's.

I heard good things about Penny Dreadful, is it kinda like League of Extraordinary Gentlemen? Mixing together various Victorian century literature 'monsters"?

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love how most comments here were about Penny Dreadful than True Blood. I should really check it out.

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@immortal777: I know, I've being meaning to watch now GoT is done. Since its on my HBO channel its time to get caught up.

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dragonborn_ct: You gotta get on the Penny Dreadful, it has superb everything(acting,writing,etc) it just starts a little slow then it's a roller coaster. Almost every last like 10 mins is a WTF speechless moment.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator

@immortal777:I still think that he's a werewolf, but with a twist, I can't for the life of me work it out though, how he did that I don't know, I can't recall any myth or story similar, the fact he was reluctant to do it himself but sought a priest is an obvious clue, why didn't he want to do it? I'm reading up on Native American folklore right now.

@the_stegman It's the same basic premise, very early on I recall it being labelled such by news outlets, but it's very different in tone.

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rogueshadow: The exorcism looked like something Ethan wasn't supposed to do like it was literally a last resort. I thought it was kind of odd the way Ethan was breathing on the charm, I've seen priest kiss them but not damn near put it in their mouth. I also think a clue might be in the first episode when Vanessa uses the cards and has Ethan choose, I believe it was the lovers card heck Ethan could be that other Egyptian deity and that's why it choose his form when speaking to Vanessa but I doubt it. Man Ethan is one hell of a complex character and I'm enjoying him.

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Dragonborn_CT

So is anyone still watching the show yet?