User Lists: 2

nerdork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@nerdork: Counterintuitive in what way?

JoyGirl helped me reconcile some issues i had. This conversation was over a while ago. It is no longer in-the-moment. Though, my meaning is fairly obvious.

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@nerdork: It's maybe not as obvious as you see it as. In the situation I was talking about, the person sees "the illness" as a reason to seek "a cure". I don't get how it's counterintuitive to think that way if they're getting the help they need.

nerdork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By nerdork

All i will say in response, and please drop it from here on out, is that i feel very bad for your friend. This person receives terrible external, or very little, support to feel that their situation is a disease/illness. No person with healthy support would call it a disease/illness, but rather an issue they can work on.

Other than that...stop PM'ing me. This is getting incredulous at this point.

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#55  Edited By V_Scarlotte_Rose

@nerdork: I'll make this my last comment in our conversation then.

You don't know my friend, or what support they get, and peoples thoughts and opinions will be different from person to person, so I don't think you should be suggesting that they or there loved ones are behaving incorrectly.

I'll leave it at that.

Rouflex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#56  Edited By Rouflex

This site isnt the best place to talk about this.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You want my opinion. Talk to people about it and by people I don't mean us hear on comicvine. Talk to your family and friends, if you are confused about this stuff your family and friend will be able to help you make more sence of your situation.

toptom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My mom thinks its a problem.

Well ...it is not a real problem. But thinking at it as if it is a problem can render it as such. You can surely talk with someone, your school has probably some psychologist you can talk too. But sure as hell there is nothing wrong with you it doesn't matter if this is just a phase or not.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

@z3ro180 said:

You want my opinion. Talk to people about it and by people I don't mean us hear on comicvine. Talk to your family and friends, if you are confused about this stuff your family and friend will be able to help you make more sense of your situation.

That's one of the biggest issues with being LGBT is that talking to your friends and family usually isn't an option. With religion alive and well, a lot of newbies are still way too tender with their identity to have the word "abomination" tossed at them, among other possibilities. I've seen a lot of trans people (gays less so) come out or even start mentally transitioning online, where they have a place that they can actually be and eventually "find" themselves and the way they want to act.

It's not a perfect system but it's something to remember before you push someone away who's confused or trying to find themselves. Though I will agree, ComicVine is not the best place. There are a good deal of hotlines and websites specifically for transpeople.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

I don't see a problem with it.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Cable_Extreme

@reaperonyx: I actually went through a phase for quite awhile, from around 6 years old to 18, and I hid my feelings behind my masculine self, such as doing wrestling (state qualifier 285 lb bracket), and varsity football district champ. I am still not totally out of it, but the realty of me transitioning just isn't there, 285 lb body builder, hardly any fat, and about as graceful or pretty (feminine wise) as a big hairy ravenous bear in Victoria secret.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By z3ro180

@joygirl: I'm Not an LGBT so I have no real helpful advise for any situation like it but I know asking a stranger on the Internet is a ferry short term solution and in the end it probely does not help you out.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@z3ro180 said:

@joygirl: I'm Not an LGBT so I have no real helpful advise for any situation like it but I know asking a stranger on the Internet is a ferry short term solution and in the end it probely does not help you out.

It certainly is, and I do agree with you. Just saw that and noted that, while coming to a comic site is not a good fix, turning to one's family and friends is an even worse one.

JeanRalphio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@erik said:

I love this guy, such a true humanitarian. Bravo! Bravo!

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

@erik said:

Sarcasm?

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erik said:

@jeanralphio said:

@erik said:

Sarcasm?

Considering the source I'd say so.

JeanRalphio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#68  Edited By JeanRalphio

@erik said:

@jeanralphio said:

@erik said:

Sarcasm?

Serious.