MusicReviewer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Edited By MusicReviewer
No Caption Provided

June 30, will see the release of the new album by Swedish post-hardcore legends "Refused", entitled "Freedom". This will be the bands fourth overall release, but also the follow-up to their highly influential record "The Shape of Punk to Come". In anticipation of this record, the band has released the albums first single, entitled "Elektra". Let us begin.

The song kicks off with some very heavy guitars and drums that are performed with absolute skill and power. The drums by David Sandstrom are defiantly the song's instrumental highlight, with David playing some powerful and dynamic rhythms. The guitars by Kristofer Steen and the bass performed by Magnus Flange are solid as well, with the songs main riff being very rhythmic and entertaining. Dennis Lyxzen's vocals are like usual very powerful and engaging, with his screams sounding tighter than ever. The song's overall sound and feel is incredibly good and is reminiscent to the bands older material. The song also packs a pretty heavy punch throughout its 3-minute run-time, with the instrumental dishing out the blows. The song also showcases some great dynamics that Refused are known for and a chorus that will make you want to bang your head in till you're dead.

Overall, "Elektra" is a fantastic comeback for Refused, combining some of the bands best qualities in to one powerful 3-minute song. Defiantly check this track out if you're looking for some interesting and powerful hardcore. I give "Elektra" my rating of an 9.5/10. Please do your self a favor and check this track out!

(This is a link to my Blogger page http://youhowtoy.blogspot.com/)

Super_Mod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I don't know who she's supposed to be fighting but Elektra stomps. She was trained by Stick..