MusicReviewer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Edited By MusicReviewer
No Caption Provided

May 18th, will see the release of Killers frontman Brandon Flowers second full length album entitled "The Desired Effect". I enjoyed Brandon's debut album "Flamingo" quite a bit, when I picked it up a couple years back, so I am looking forward to what Brandon will bring on this record. The first song released thus far is entitled "Can't Deny My Love".Let's check it out shall we.

The song has a nice 80's feel to it, with some nicely done synthesizers and some electronic drums. There's also some nice sound texture, with some sparsely placed guitar and other electronic instrumentation, and some cool bass during the verses. Brandon's vocals are fantastic and are defiantly the song's strongest attribute. The back-up vocals give the song that needed power and are one of my favorite things about the song. The song has a nice mood as well, with the verses having a more subdued feel than the chorus, which is more powerful. The bridge of the song also adds to the song's dynamics, which gives the song some more points with me. The lyrics though aren't anything special, but they do their job. The song is defiantly catchy and reminds me of some "Day & Age" era Killers, but better.

Overall, "Can't Deny My Love" is a strong first single for the new album, and also shows some development from the last album, which is in this case, is a good thing. The song isn't anything new or innovative, but it succeeds at being a interesting and catchy pop song, which sometimes that's all you need. I give this song my rating of a 8.0/10. Listen to it!

http://youhowtoy.blogspot.com/