H2h skills

Intelligence

Fire-arm proficiency

Melee combat

Mental strength

Walker slaying

Adaptability

Physical prowess [strength, speed, agiilty etc]

Let me know if there are any more categories you can think of.

Round 1: TV show

Round 2: Comics

Round 3: Telltale game.

Round 4: Out of everybody.

#2 Posted by Farkam (4778 posts) - - Show Bio

Round 1: Daryl

Round 4: Daryl

#3 Posted by RogueShadow (9909 posts) - - Show Bio

@farkam said:

Merle, Rick or Michonne are the toughest for TV in my opinion. Daryl isn't the toughest overall.

#4 Posted by Thitiki (3243 posts) - - Show Bio

@farkam said:

curious you think he is better than Rick?

#5 Posted by Farkam (4778 posts) - - Show Bio

@thitiki said:

@farkam said:

curious you think he is better than Rick?

Rick is a hippy in the TV series. Don't know jack about those other two.

@farkam said:

Merle, Rick or Michonne are the toughest for TV in my opinion. Daryl isn't the toughest overall.

YMMV

#6 Posted by Thitiki (3243 posts) - - Show Bio

@farkam said:

You think Rick is better than Daryl?

#7 Edited by RogueShadow (9909 posts) - - Show Bio

@thitiki said:

@rogueshadow said:

@farkam said:

You think Rick is better than Daryl?

I don't really have a favourite out of the two. I think Rick is somewhere in the same ballpark of toughness as Daryl.

#8 Edited by TheCannon (17893 posts) - - Show Bio
  • Round 1: Daryl Dixon
  • Round 2: No clue (haven't read enough)
  • Round 3: Lee Everett.
  • Round 4: Daryl Dixon
#9 Posted by Jezer (3052 posts) - - Show Bio

In regards to tv show: Definitely a tie between Daryl and Michonne. If they had a child, he/she would singe handedly kill off the rest of the zombies and bring humanity back from the brink.

Guvnor deserves an honorable mention, considering his abilities as a sociopath.(intelligence, charm, manipulative, does not fear walkers, etc.) He also beat up Rick, who beat up Shane....so he beat up Shane vicariously.

#10 Posted by AllStarSuperman (19881 posts) - - Show Bio

Round 1: TV show = Governor, he was insane in the show

Round 2: Comics = Jesus or Rick, Jesus got the moves, but Rick has the determination

Round 3: Telltale game. = Never played it

Round 4: Out of everybody. = Daryl, I mean, he did take out a tank.....

#11 Posted by Khan_Noonien_Singh (514 posts) - - Show Bio

In the comic series, Rick is easily the toughest. He does everything better than his television counterpart, only he does it with one hand and a lot of blood.

#12 Posted by Epitaph (31 posts) - - Show Bio

1. Michonne

2. Rick

3. Lilly (maybe Molly)

4. Comic Rick

#13 Posted by Immortal777 (6834 posts) - - Show Bio

3 Lee Everett

4 Lee Everett

#14 Edited by mrdecepticonleader (17564 posts) - - Show Bio

@rogueshadow:

Going by the TV show here. I haven't read much of the comics.

Gonna pick out multiple character for each category though.

Endurance :

Survival skills : Daryl, Michonne, Merle

H2h skills: Rick, Governor, Michonne, Shane

Intelligence: Governor, Hershel

Fire-arm proficiency Carl, Rick, Daryl, Shane

Melee combat: Michonne, Tyreese, Merle, Daryl

Mental strength: Hershel, Rick

Walker slaying: Daryl, Michonne

Adaptability: , Daryl, Michonne, Governor, Hershel

Physical prowess [strength, speed, agiilty etc] A fair number of characters could be placed here.

Diplomatic/ Leadership skills Rick (mainly up till season 2) Hershel, Governor.

I had a stab at it. I am sure you could put more characters in other categories and debate as to who should fit into what category etc. I added the leadership skills too.

Thanks for posting this topic. It is alot of fun.

#15 Edited by Fallschirmjager (15013 posts) - - Show Bio

Michonne rounds 1, 2 and 4. She ranks highly in every category you list.

Don't know or care about 3, don't even know what that is tbh.

#17 Edited by mrdecepticonleader (17564 posts) - - Show Bio

Also going by my previous overall it comes down to Daryl and Michonne.

#18 Edited by RogueShadow (9909 posts) - - Show Bio

@fallschirmjager said:

Jesus outranks everybody for round 4. Michonne [comics] is a good second though.

@jezer said:

In regards to tv show: Definitely a tie between Daryl and Michonne. If they had a child, he/she would singe handedly kill off the rest of the zombies and bring humanity back from the brink.

Guvnor deserves an honorable mention, considering his abilities as a sociopath.(intelligence, charm, manipulative, does not fear walkers, etc.) He also beat up Rick, who beat up Shane....so he beat up Shane vicariously.

Rick didn't beat up Shane.

@mrdecepticonleader said:

@rogueshadow:

Going by the TV show here. I haven't read much of the comics.

Gonna pick out multiple character for each category though.

Endurance :

Survival skills : Daryl, Michonne, Merle

H2h skills: Rick, Governor, Michonne, Shane

Intelligence: Governor, Hershel

Fire-arm proficiency Carl, Rick, Daryl, Shane

Melee combat: Michonne, Tyreese, Merle, Daryl

Mental strength: Hershel, Rick

Walker slaying: Daryl, Michonne

Adaptability: , Daryl, Michonne, Governor, Hershel

Physical prowess [strength, speed, agiilty etc] A fair number of characters could be placed here.

Diplomatic/ Leadership skills Rick (mainly up till season 2) Hershel, Governor.

I had a stab at it. I am sure you could put more characters in other categories and debate as to who should fit into what category etc. I added the leadership skills too.

Thanks for posting this topic. It is alot of fun.

You're welcome :) I agree with a lot of these, I think Merle should be in quite a few more of them though.

#19 Posted by longbowhunter (6720 posts) - - Show Bio

Damn, not one mention of Abraham or Jesus?

#20 Edited by 14NC3 (1739 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll put in the top 3 for each category. I haven't read the comics and I don't think the telltale game characters can compete with the TV characters, except for clementine of course but including her would make this all unfair.

Survival skills - Daryl, Morgan Jones (the black guy with the son in ep 1) , Michonne

H2h skills - Rick, The Governor, Shane

Intelligence - Rick, The Governor, Hershel

Fire-arm proficiency - Rick, The Governor, Daryl

Melee combat - Michonne, Merle, Tyrese

Mental strength - if this is asking who the wisest characters are: Dale, Hershel

Walker slaying - Daryl, Michonne, Glen

Adaptability - Daryl, The Governor, Rick

Physical prowess [strength, speed, agiilty etc] - The Governor, Daryl, Rick

#21 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (17564 posts) - - Show Bio
#22 Edited by Jonny_Anonymous (32632 posts) - - Show Bio

I hate Daryl , he's such a mary sue

#23 Posted by RogueShadow (9909 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrdecepticonleader: I'd actually say all of them other than Intelligence and physical prowess. He was pretty slick.

#24 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (17564 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrdecepticonleader: I'd actually say all of them other than Intelligence and physical prowess. He was pretty slick.

He was. And he went down fighting.

#25 Edited by Bruxae (12542 posts) - - Show Bio

Well in the games its easily Lee.

#26 Posted by RogueShadow (9909 posts) - - Show Bio

@rogueshadow said:

Merle would've wrecked the governor if Martinez and that other guy hadn't tap danced on his ribs beforehand. Or it would have at least been a closer fight.

#27 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (17564 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrdecepticonleader said:

@rogueshadow said:

Merle would've wrecked the governor if Martinez and that other guy hadn't tap danced on his ribs beforehand. Or it would have at least been a closer fight.

It would have been closer I agree. He might have beaten him too. But Governor went fully psychopath and ripped his fingers off...

#28 Posted by Jezer (3052 posts) - - Show Bio

@jezer said:

Yeah. They kind of both beat each other up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LjYQjkvKNk

#29 Posted by RogueShadow (9909 posts) - - Show Bio

@jezer said:

@rogueshadow said:

@jezer said:

I've see it a million times. Shane won the fight really. Not because he's tougher but because Rick wasn't in season 3's beast mode. He wasn't when he fought the Gov either.

#30 Posted by AllStarSuperman (19881 posts) - - Show Bio

@jezer said:

@rogueshadow said:

@jezer said:

I've see it a million times. Shane won the fight really. Not because he's tougher but because Rick wasn't in season 3's beast mode. He wasn't when he fought the Gov either.

show rick s watered down, he needs rip a guys throat out of something

#31 Posted by RogueShadow (9909 posts) - - Show Bio

@rogueshadow said:

@jezer said:

@rogueshadow said:

@jezer said:

show rick s watered down, he needs rip a guys throat out of something

I agree but that just made me lol.

#32 Posted by Fallschirmjager (15013 posts) - - Show Bio

@fallschirmjager said:

Jesus outranks everybody for round 4. Michonne [comics] is a good second though.

I didn't say she wins every category, just she's high in it.

Michonne may not be book smart, but she is very street smart and has probably the best instincts of anyone on the roster in both comic and TV shows, so I'd consider her top 5 at least.

#33 Posted by SilverPool (1119 posts) - - Show Bio

1) Daryl

2) Rick

3) Lee

4) Rick from comics

#34 Edited by RogueShadow (9909 posts) - - Show Bio

@rogueshadow said:

@fallschirmjager said:

I didn't say she wins every category, just she's high in it.

Michonne may not be book smart, but she is very street smart and has probably the best instincts of anyone on the roster in both comic and TV shows, so I'd consider her top 5 at least.

You said Michonne for rounds 1, 2 and 4, meaning she wins. Michonne is academically intelligent she was a lawyer.

#35 Edited by Fallschirmjager (15013 posts) - - Show Bio

@rogueshadow: Yes, she wins every round because she ranks highly in every category, unlike others who may beat her but may not even be present in other lists.

Rick for example? Arguably the best leader but mentally fragile.

get what I'm saying?

#36 Edited by RogueShadow (9909 posts) - - Show Bio

@rogueshadow: Yes, she wins every round because she ranks highly in every category, unlike others who may beat her but may not even be present in other lists.

Rick for example? Arguably the best leader but mentally fragile.

get what I'm saying?

I do, I think you've misunderstood my premise. I think Jesus is tougher than her overall, based on all of the categories.

I never said that you said she wins ever category. I said that I disagree that she wins the rounds.

#37 Posted by Fallschirmjager (15013 posts) - - Show Bio

@rogueshadow: Oh gotcha. I thought you were talking about the categories not rounds.

And I dunno. I think think Michonne is tough as nails. Being tortured and getting revenge and whatnot.

#38 Posted by RogueShadow (9909 posts) - - Show Bio

@rogueshadow: Oh gotcha. I thought you were talking about the categories not rounds.

And I dunno. I think think Michonne is tough as nails. Being tortured and getting revenge and whatnot.

It's close I agree, the case can easily be made for Michonne being tougher, she's been around for way longer.