TOP 10 Movies of 2013

Chibi_cute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So well 2013 is ending.. and you have seen loads of movies this year.. so...

Whats your top 10 best movies of 2013 ?

whats your top 10 worst movies of 2013 ?

Top 5 movies you thought was trash but was surprisingly good?

top 5 movies you though was good but was massively dissapointing ?

I wanna hear your thoughts on this one

Zokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man of Steel was eggcelllent

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man of steel the best

Iron man 3 the worst

Yokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Wolverine was pretty good.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

There's still A LOT of good movies coming out over the next couple weeks.

Man of Steel was my favorite. 12 Years a Slave was the best. (Haaven't seen Hobbit, American Hustle, Wolf of Wallstreet, etc and the ones coming out Christmas)

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#6  Edited By ULTRAstarkiller

Hobbit the best.

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Dragonborn_CT

Man of Steel was the best for me, followed by Thor 2, the Wolverine and Elysium.

Star Trek Into Darkness and Iron Man 3 were massive letdowns.

Avatar image for consolemaster001
consolemaster001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By consolemaster001

I thought the lone ranger would suck but it didn't

kriminal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By kriminal

Man of steel the best

Iron man 3 the worst

this times infinity.

Rouflex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When peoples thought Green Lantern was the worst Ghost Rider 2 and Iron man 3 came out.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. Star Trek Into Darkness

2. Fast and Furious 6

3. Man of Steel

4. Thor : The Dark World

5. Gravity

6. Pacific Rim

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man of Steel was the best for me, followed by Thor 2, the Wolverine and Elysium.

How was Star Trek Into Darkness a Massive Letdown ? It had far less flaws in it than Man of Steel did.

Stupid_People

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Star Trek into Darkness

Pacific Rim

Fast and Furious 6

Thor 2

Iron Man 3

Man of Steel

Anchorman 2 will be on here after I see it Sunday.

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Dragonborn_CT

@king_saturn said:

@dragonborn_ct said:

How was Star Trek Into Darkness a Massive Letdown ? It had far less flaws in it than Man of Steel did.

I could go on about the flaws, but this article (or this one) sums it up nicely without me having to write an obnoxious wall of text. My main problem however can be summed up with four words: Wrath of Khan remake.

It wasn't bad mind you, it was serviceable, average at really best.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Man of Steel was eggcelllent

couldn't have salad it better myself

I fail

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#16 k4tzm4n  Moderator

crtl+f "The World's End"

0 of 0

THE HELL, COMIC VINE?

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k4tzm4n said:

crtl+f "The World's End"

0 of 0

THE HELL, COMIC VINE?

Well, I hadn't seen this thread yet... :P

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_saturn said:

@dragonborn_ct said:

I could go on about the flaws, but this article (or this one) sums it up nicely without me having to write an obnoxious wall of text. My main problem however can be summed up with four words: Wrath of Khan remake.

Nah, it wasn't quite a Star Trek 2 Classic remake... yeah, a lot of elements from the old film are in the new one. Even so, the film stands on it's own and the flaws the writer of the article points out are heavily minimal in comparison to Man of Steel. I mean Man of Steel damn near killed itself within the first 30 minutes of the film by having Jor-El beating the crap out of General Zod as if he was his biatch... that only crushes almost any flaw in the Star Trek films because you have essentially killed off the value of your Villain in MOS... he poses no legit threat to Superman being it is if a Scientist can beat your butt then you know a Farmboy Hick can.

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dragonborn_ct said:

@king_saturn said:

@dragonborn_ct said:

Nah, it wasn't quite a Star Trek 2 Classic remake... yeah, a lot of elements from the old film are in the new one. Even so, the film stands on it's own and the flaws the writer of the article points out are heavily minimal in comparison to Man of Steel. I mean Man of Steel damn near killed itself within the first 30 minutes of the film by having Jor-El beating the crap out of General Zod as if he was his biatch... that only crushes almost any flaw in the Star Trek films because you have essentially killed off the value of your Villain in MOS... he poses no legit threat to Superman being it is if a Scientist can beat your butt then you know a Farmboy Hick can.

Sorry dude you must be confusing Zod with Malekith from Thor the Dark World :P

Besides, I would have bought Star Trek 2 better if Khan wasn't the main villain (I mean, Benedict Cumberbatch doesn't even look like bloody Khan), and if the second half wasn't a plot point for plot point Wrath of Khan only switch Kirk's place with Spock. His sacrifice, I would admit, was pretty solid and touching moment... That is absolutely undone minutes later by Kirk's being revived with magic blood. I know Abrams doesn't and wouldn't have the balls to kill off the series' main character (unless if the writer is George R. R. Martin, who would kill the hero, his girlfriend, his mother and his dog) but he shouldn't enter the risk and immediately back out moments after.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_saturn said:

@dragonborn_ct said:

@king_saturn said:

@dragonborn_ct said:

Besides, I would have bought Star Trek 2 better if Khan wasn't the main villain (I mean, Benedict Cumberbatch doesn't even look like bloody Khan), and if the second half wasn't a plot point for plot point Wrath of Khan only switch Kirk's place with Spock. His sacrifice, I would admit, was pretty solid and touching moment... That is absolutely undone minutes later by Kirk's being revived with magic blood. I know Abrams doesn't and wouldn't have the balls to kill off the series' main character (unless if the writer is George R. R. Martin, who would kill the hero, his girlfriend, his mother and his dog) but he shouldn't enter the risk and immediately back out moments after.

Nah, that was Man of Steel...

Wasn't even 30 minutes in on Krypton and the encounter with Jor El and Zod happened... Jor El was beating the crap out of Zod like he was an amateur fighter or something... Zod had to cheap shot Jor El to kill him. I was heavily disappointed...

You think the sacrifice thing was a Major Flaw ? How in the heck did you really think they would have Captain Kirk get killed off and not bring him back ? Of course they was going to do that... just because it came off the technicality of Kahn's blood doesn't mean it's flawed... especially since it was Kahn's blood that supposedly saved that Dying Starfleet Officer's Daughter Life anyways. That guy that blew himself up in that building as the trade off for his Girl's life.

Avatar image for noahmaximillion
NoahMaximillion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 44

My Top 6 films were;

1. Desolation of Smaug
  2. Thor 2
  3. Captain Phillips
  4. Man of Steel
  5. The Wolverine
  6. Iron Man 3
Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Dragonborn_CT

@king_saturn said:

@dragonborn_ct said:

@king_saturn said:

@dragonborn_ct said:

@king_saturn said:

@dragonborn_ct said:

Wasn't even 30 minutes in on Krypton and the encounter with Jor El and Zod happened... Jor El was beating the crap out of Zod like he was an amateur fighter or something... Zod had to cheap shot Jor El to kill him. I was heavily disappointed...

You think the sacrifice thing was a Major Flaw ? How in the heck did you really think they would have Captain Kirk get killed off and not bring him back ? Of course they was going to do that... just because it came off the technicality of Kahn's blood doesn't mean it's flawed... especially since it was Kahn's blood that supposedly saved that Dying Starfleet Officer's Daughter Life anyways. That guy that blew himself up in that building as the trade off for his Girl's life.

At least Zod could stand his ground against Superman later in the movie and remain imposing and threatening despite having his ass handed earlier in the movie. Malekith get his ass whopped by Thor's mommy and is nowhere near as badass. He is only fighting Thor in his own when he already has the aether and even then, that doesn't excuse his weak personality

To be honest... Having your main character dying and then immediately bring him back through convenient plot device (even if already established earlier into the story) just reeks of Deus ex Machina, that is a thing only bad writers do wanting to raise the stakes without having to take major risks. And like one of the articles pointed out, they could have harvested blood from any of the 72 supermen from Khan's crew that shared the same blood as his, so there was nothing stopping Spock from feeding Khan his own limbs. But I suspect, silly cynic that I am, the only reason he was spared is so that he could bring him back in a sequel.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_saturn said:

@dragonborn_ct said:

@king_saturn said:

@dragonborn_ct said:

@king_saturn said:

@dragonborn_ct said:

At least Zod could stand his ground against Superman later in the movie and remain imposing and threatening despite having his ass handed earlier in the movie. Malekith get his ass whopped by Thor's mommy and is nowhere near as badass. He is only fighting Thor in his own when he already has the aether and even then, that doesn't excuse his weak personality

To be honest... Having your main character dying and then immediately bring him back through convenient plot device just reeks of Deus ex Machina, that is a thing only bad writers do wanting to raise the stakes without having to take major risks. And like one of the articles pointed out, they could have harvested blood from any of the 72 supermen from Khan's crew that shared the same blood as his, so there was nothing stopping Spock from feeding Khan his own leg. But I suspect, silly cynic that I am, the only reason he was spared is so that he could bring him back in a sequel.

But see that's the problem... Zod should have been the full aggressor in the Superman / Zod showdown even at the end... it was very back and forth between them... yeah, he stood his ground... but I was expecting Zod to be pound the sh!t out of Superman and MOS conquering him in the end. Not such a back and forth matchup...

As far as the Thor 2 comments... I never expected that much from Malekith to be honest... I was not expecting him to be a very imposing villain as I don't remember the Dark Elves even being equal or near equal to Thor's might outside of Kurse obviously. But Zod... that's different.

That's still a Minimal Flaw... I would take that plot fail over what happened in MOS any day to be honest.

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Dragonborn_CT

@king_saturn: Alright, mate lets agree to disagree.

MoS was my favorite movie of the year, and Star Trek II was yours, and both movies are flawed. At the end of the day, its all just different opinions.

Avatar image for consolemaster001
consolemaster001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#25  Edited By consolemaster001

Favourite movies of 2013 (in no order)

Man of Steel

Pacific Rim

Prisoners

Star Trek 2

This is the end

The worlds end

Hunger Games 2: Catching Fire

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anybody see the Batman XXX Parody ? You can't help but notice that the guy who plays Robin has a Bigger Ding Dong than the guy who plays Batman. Kind of a weird situation there I thought...

MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#27  Edited By MrDirector786

@russellmania77 said:

Man of steel the best

Iron man 3 the worst

I would agree, but I haven't seen enough movies this year to make the judgment that Man of Steel was the best. But Tony Stark 3: The Movie Iron Man 3 was easily the worst by far. And I don't need to see anymore movies to make that judgment because a movie would have to go through a new level of low to be worse than that film.

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

I've only seen two films this year (though I plan to get the Wolverine for Christmas, so hopefully I'll watch that by the end of the year). Iron Man 3 & Thor: The Dark World. Both were terrible, but Iron Man 3 was MUCH better, so I'll say that.

Stefano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Stefano

1. Rush (by far)

2. Star Trek 2

3. Hunger Games 2

4. Hobbit 2

5. Captain Philips

6. Pacific Rim

7. Iron Man 3

8. Thor 2

9. The Wolverine

10. Man of Steel

Doomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. Pacific Rim

2. Thor: The Dark World

3. Star Trek: Into Darkness

4. The Wolverine

5. Oblivion

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By SilverPool

1) Place Beyond the Pines

2) 12 Years a Slave

3) The Wolverine

4) Man of Steel

5) The Dark Knight Returns Part II

6) Pain & Gain (It was hilarious)

7) Gravity (For it's stunning visuals and soundtrack, the story itself was bad)

I can't really think of any more off the top of my head so I'll just go with my 7 favorites.

I'm surprised that there's so little 12 Years a Slave on everyone's lists and so many Thor 2s....

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#32  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@silverpool said:

1) Place Beyond the Pines

2) 12 Years a Slave

3) The Wolverine

4) Man of Steel

5) The Dark Knight Returns Part II

6) Pain & Gain (It was hilarious)

7) Gravity (For it's stunning visuals and soundtrack, the story itself was bad)

I can't really think of any more off the top of my head so I'll just go with my 7 favorites.

I'm surprised that there's so little 12 Years a Slave on everyone's lists and so many Thor 2s....

I think it had some brilliant performances, but I wasn't a fan of the directing. I know I'm part of the minority on that one and some consider it blasphemy, but so be it! :P

Rouflex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Didnt saw Wolverine & Thor 2 yet so hummm >.>...