Tomb raider beats uncharted (IMO)

hyperbertha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Is it just me or is tomb raider greater than uncharted in everything except may be the the cut scenes and comedy? And I'm not even talking about the 2013 TR. The ones that came before. They were a lot more interactive than any uncharted game in my opinion, though not as spectacularly flashy... but flashiness is the last thing I look for in a game. Uncharted felt like a gears of war clone to me with some extremely easy platforming. It fell far below expectations and was repetitive as hell.

frogdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah I do agree with you. Tomb raider had sense of exploration that most games don't have, and challeging platforming that require perfection and timing.

BTW which is your favorite one?

hyperbertha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frogdog: Oh that would be the TR 2013. I just don't see how uncharted can get such high ratings. Its nowhere near any other 10/10 games I've played.

frogdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frogdog: Oh that would be the TR 2013. I just don't see how uncharted can get such high ratings. Its nowhere near any other 10/10 games I've played.

Personally anniversary and Tomb raider 2 are my favorites. Most of uncharted's praise is down to it's presentation and graphics. Whenever somebody told me the goods things about those games, it would be highly scripted set pieces or well done cut scenes. Gameplay wise it's the jack of trades but master to none:

It has platforming, but it isn't hard to lose a jump.

It has shooting, but it often poor due to bullet sponge enemies.

Its has puzzle, but they are pretty basic.

Hell I would be surprised if people still talk about uncharted after the ps4.

Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Crom-Cruach

I had a lot more fun playing uncharted, story is what matters most in a game for me. I can forgive a lot if the story is good. Uncharted had a better story and characters along with good gameplay. No question Uncharted blows Tomb raider out of the water in my opinion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ee15da0e0aad
deactivated-5ee15da0e0aad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Never really played either a lot. But I do like tomb raider more.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

Eh, Tomb Raider destroys the first Uncharted and barely beats out the third. Among Thieves is pretty friggin fantastic though.

hyperbertha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deranged_midget: agreed.

@crom_cruach: mm well the story in TR blows uncharted 1 and 3 away imo. 2 was the only uncharted that had a good story to me. And I'm surprised story is more important to you than the Gameplay. I think both are equally important. And in some genres (like fighting and racing) the story isn't important at all. Uncharted has average Gameplay. And that's not an opinion its a fact.

@frogdog said:

@hyperbertha said:

Personally anniversary and Tomb raider 2 are my favorites. Most of uncharted's praise is down to it's presentation and graphics. Whenever somebody told me the goods things about those games, it would be highly scripted set pieces or well done cut scenes. Gameplay wise it's the jack of trades but master to none:

It has platforming, but it isn't hard to lose a jump.

It has shooting, but it often poor due to bullet sponge enemies.

Its has puzzle, but they are pretty basic.

Hell I would be surprised if people still talk about uncharted after the ps4.

lol the 'puzzles' in uncharted are so funny. Look at your journal and press the buttons in the same order. Does that qualify as a puzzle? I should think not.

The platforming isn't prince of persia or tomb raider.

Shooting is rather okay but still poor compared to actual shooters.

Have you played TR legend?

Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Crom-Cruach

@hyperbertha said:

@crom_cruach: mm well the story in TR blows uncharted 1 and 3 away imo. 2 was the only uncharted that had a good story to me. And I'm surprised story is more important to you than the Gameplay. I think both are equally important. And in some genres (like fighting and racing) the story isn't important at all. Uncharted has average Gameplay. And that's not an opinion its a fact.

Most of the Tomb raider games were full of game crashing bugs and aside from the first one, the story weren't really great. Uncharted isn't a masterpiece. But it was smoother then most of the Tomb Raider games. If had no trouble ever playing, that's all.

Story is all that really matters to me, that's why most of my favorite games are RPGs. And while I won't say that Uncharted comes anything close to the story quality in my favorite games. It actually had the merit of making me want to play to the end. Uncharted 2 is definitively the best of the series all around. But all of them are good popcorn shut your brain off games, unlike some of the tomb raider games that were horrid all around.

ARMIV2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've never played Uncharted, so saying I love Tomb Raider more might be a little biased.

hyperbertha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crom_cruach: yes uncharted games are shut your brain off games you got that right. But I never had a single crash or bug when I played any tomb raider game. I think you're referring to the very old TR games. That's not very fair. Imagine how horrible uncharted would have been if not for the graphics and motion capture cutscenes and shooting borrowed from gears of war. Have you played any of the new TR?

frogdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By frogdog

@hyperbertha: Yes I have played Tomb Raider Legend, it's short for a tomb raider but helped make anniversary possible, aka loosen the tank controls of the old games.

Its a good platformer and I would commend it

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

if we're comparing the original Tomb Raiders to the Uncharted Trilogy then I'm gonna say definitely not

now if we were comparing the reboot Tomb Raider to the Uncharted Trilogy then it would depend on which Uncharted game....1 and 3 yes Tomb Raider wins..barely...2? No way in he!!.....though Tomb Raider was my favorite game of last year

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#14  Edited By PeppeyHare

The original games aren't even close to beating out the uncharted games. I'd put TR2013 over Uncharted 1 and 3 though.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Better than 1, as good as 3, inferior to 2.

The original games aren't even close to beating out the uncharted games. I'd put TR2013 over Uncharted 1 and 3 though.

almost this ^

hyperbertha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@peppeyhare: I think legend and underworld are superior to uncharted. As I stated before, the Gameplay is much better. Not the story or presentation I give you that.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

I really liked it but I felt there was a real lack of actual tomb raiding

hyperbertha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: Well it was a game about survival. Before she became the hardened operative.

frogdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By frogdog

Most of the Tomb raider games were full of game crashing bugs and aside from the first one

Wrong the only two tomb raider had game crashing bugs where Angel of Darkness and Underworld both are due to being rushed. Underworld got patched but Angel of Darkness stayed broken(almost kill the series)

Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crom_cruach: yes uncharted games are shut your brain off games you got that right. But I never had a single crash or bug when I played any tomb raider game. I think you're referring to the very old TR games. That's not very fair. Imagine how horrible uncharted would have been if not for the graphics and motion capture cutscenes and shooting borrowed from gears of war. Have you played any of the new TR?

yes I have, and I still prefer uncharted. The new one was ok, but far from perfect. It's not even a fair comparison in my opinion with Uncharted 2 specifically. Uncharted 2 is superior all around. I found it a lot more fun to play and the story did a much better job keeping me invested.

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#21  Edited By jwwprod

Both Uncharted and Tomb Raider are good in there own ways.