Tom Hanks or Christian Bale?

modernww2fare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Tom Hanks or Christian Bale? (10 votes)

Tom Hanks 70%
Christian Bale 60%

Who's the better actor?

or

• 
DBVSE7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Depends.

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tom Hanks easily.

Boynerdgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Hahaha is this a joke ? Tom Hanks won Oscar many times and Bale won Oscars just one time in which he should not won that category. Bale is most overrated actor in this era same like Nolan most overrated director. Seriously, hollywood have many great talents which is better than Bale and Nolan. Nolanites please stop with Propaganda that Nolan is perfect. No, Nolan is not perfect.

Avatar image for naamah_obyzouth
Naamah_Obyzouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Tom Hanks by far.

modernww2fare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Naamah_Obyzouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

JulieDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tom Hanks all the way, I mean he can do comedy like Big, dramedy like A League of Their Own, drama like Saving Private Ryan and Apollo 13, and voice over like Toy Story.

lesterlawton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hanks, in a cinematic stomp.

Mandarinestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Oscar's is like a box of chocolates...

black_wreath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 109

Tom Hanks is warm. Christian Bale is cold.

I stick with my fellow misanthropes.

Bale.

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I may be bias. Tom was a part of my childhood. BIG, THE NEIGHBORS, and FORREST GUMP, vs DARK KNIGHT, DARK REIGN, and DARK KNIGHT RISES?

What?! Hank's all the way.

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tom Hanks

Bachelor Party = greatness

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#15 frozen  Moderator

Bale. His performance in American Psycho, American Hustle The Fighter > Hanks.

Hahaha is this a joke ? Tom Hanks won Oscar many times and Bale won Oscars just one time in which he should not won that category. Bale is most overrated actor in this era same like Nolan most overrated director. Seriously, hollywood have many great talents which is better than Bale and Nolan. Nolanites please stop with Propaganda that Nolan is perfect. No, Nolan is not perfect.

Sigh. You're really doing this crap again?

Why must trolls link Bale to Nolan when Bale's best performances aren't even in Nolan's films?

magnablue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

christian because batman. sorry I had to make the joke.

Naamah_Obyzouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Naamah_Obyzouth

@frozen said:

@boynerdgeek said:

Why must trolls link Bale to Nolan when Bale's best performances aren't even in Nolan's films?

Tom Hanks work in Philadelphia, Forest Gump, Castaway, heck even League of their own > Christian Bales performance in any of the over exaggerated parts he has ever played. Batman and Nolan have absolutely no weigh on my view. I like Christian Bale just fine, and he would beat out many actors in a vs match, Tom Hanks just happens to not be one of them.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is hard. Tom Hanks got Forest Gump, Saving Private Ryan, Toy Story, The Green Mile, Road to Perdition. Bale has The Dark Knight trilogy, The Machinist, The Fighter, The Prestige and 3:10 to Yuma..

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

Both get downplayed too much.

Avatar image for marcus_halberstram
Marcus_Halberstram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bale.

Marcus_Halberstram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boynerdgeek: So? Al Pacino just won once. Gary Oldman doesn't even have one.

And what does Nolan have to do with people preferring Bale over Hanks?

modernww2fare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By modernww2fare

@frozen said:

@boynerdgeek said:

And imo Forrest Gump, Toy Story and Saving Private Ryan, and Philadelphia> Bale.

Marcus_Halberstram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@modernww2fare: American Psycho, Fighter and The Machinist> All three of them IMO.

Naamah_Obyzouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:

@boynerdgeek said:

And imo Forrest Gump, Toy Story and Saving Private Ryan, and Philadelphia> Bale.

I agree 100%

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Bale.

modernww2fare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@modernww2fare: American Psycho, Fighter and The Machinist> All three of them IMO.

Did those movies get Bale as many awards as Tom Hanks got for the movies I listed?

Marcus_Halberstram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@modernww2fare: One less oscar. Does that really make much of a difference? Titanic won over L.A confidential, does that make it a better movie? Gary Oldman doesn't even have one Oscar, does that make Nicolas Cage a better actor? Jennifer Lawrence has more Oscars than Amy Adams and Emily Blunt combined, is she better than them? Kevin Bacon has no Oscar nominations, is Jamie Foxx a better actor because he has an Oscar?
Plus, the only reason Bale didn't get nominated for American Psycho was because of the subject matter, and the movie wasn't that popular at the time of it's release.
Nothing against Tom Hanks. I think he's a great actor but Bale plays more varied characters and plays them better.
They're both among the top talents of their respective generations IMO.

tomlikesfries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 106

User Lists: 3

Bale.

modernww2fare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By modernww2fare

@marcus_halberstram said:

@modernww2fare: One less oscar. Does that really make much of a difference? Titanic won over L.A confidential, does that make it a better movie? Gary Oldman doesn't even have one Oscar, does that make Nicolas Cage a better actor? Jennifer Lawrence has more Oscars than Amy Adams and Emily Blunt combined, is she better than them? Kevin Bacon has no Oscar nominations, is Jamie Foxx a better actor because he has an Oscar?

Plus, the only reason Bale didn't get nominated for American Psycho was because of the subject matter, and the movie wasn't that popular at the time of it's release.

Nothing against Tom Hanks. I think he's a great actor but Bale plays more varied characters and plays them better.

They're both among the top talents of their respective generations IMO.

We'll have to agree to disagree

tomlikesfries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is hard. Tom Hanks got Forest Gump, Saving Private Ryan, Toy Story, The Green Mile, Road to Perdition. Bale has The Dark Knight trilogy, The Machinist, The Fighter, The Prestige and 3:10 to Yuma..

Bale was also in Empire of the Sun when he was 12. Best performance I've ever seen by a child next to Natalie Portman in Leon.

Rouflex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like both but havent seen much of them. So i cant vote...

tomlikesfries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Perfect.