#1 Posted by Vrakmul (23639 posts) - - Show Bio

Who is truly the better author?  Now I know that this is going to set off the mother of all fanboy and fangirl debates but someone has to ask this question. 

#2 Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio

neither they were both nuts

#3 Posted by Vrakmul (23639 posts) - - Show Bio
BatgirlBabs said:
"neither they were both nuts"
Only Lovecraft died due to night terror and nightmare induced stress.
#4 Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio

LMAO DREAD. You should be a politician. Way to flip it :)

#5 Posted by ThisIsGonnaHurt (30176 posts) - - Show Bio

Uh.........Tolkien :D

#6 Posted by Vrakmul (23639 posts) - - Show Bio

They said Lovecraft's nightmares would kill any ordinary man out of heart stress.    And his night terrors would be more horrific than most other horror authors could take.     Tolkien was more pleasant, his stories were about hope, how mankind is god's favorite, the triumph of good over evil, nature over industry, and equality.  Lovecraft's stories were about hopelessness, the utter lack of importance the world has in the universe, that if there was a god he would not give a tiny sh!t about us, how good and evil are meaningless, and how fragile our way of life really is.

#7 Posted by ThisIsGonnaHurt (30176 posts) - - Show Bio
Dreadnaught said:
"They said Lovecraft's nightmares would kill any ordinary man out of heart stress.    And his night terrors would be more horrific than most other horror authors could take.     Tolkien was more pleasant, his stories were about hope, how mankind is god's favorite, the triumph of good over evil, nature over industry, and equality.  Lovecraft's stories were about hopelessness, the utter lack of importance the world has in the universe, that if there was a god he would not give a tiny sh!t about us, how good and evil are meaningless, and how fragile our way of life really is."

=[

Why you gotta be like dat?
#8 Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio

Tolkien. Sorry dread ;)

#9 Posted by Platinumwarrior (2967 posts) - - Show Bio

Tolkien IMO

#10 Edited by Vrakmul (23639 posts) - - Show Bio

Currently Sauron and Cthulhu are what both authors are most known for.  Sauron's copyright will never expire as Tolkien has had formal heirs, Cthulhu's copyright expired before the invention of television as Lovecraft only married for 5 years, then either his wife died or divorced, and his marriage was a sexless one.

#11 Posted by King Saturn (224043 posts) - - Show Bio
Neither. Donald Goings got them both on Lock

LOL
#12 Posted by Vrakmul (23639 posts) - - Show Bio
King Saturn said:
"Neither. Donald Goings got them both on Lock

LOL
"
Donald Goings would die of a heart attack if he had a Lovecraft nightmare. 
#13 Posted by King Saturn (224043 posts) - - Show Bio
Dreadnaught said:
"King Saturn said:
"Neither. Donald Goings got them both on Lock

LOL
"
Donald Goings would die of a heart attack if he had a Lovecraft nightmare. "
LMFAO
#14 Posted by lady_redhead (9592 posts) - - Show Bio

LOVECRAFT IS GOD

#15 Posted by TheDrifter (26555 posts) - - Show Bio

Uh....

Tolkein

#16 Posted by The Man of Yesteryear (5502 posts) - - Show Bio

Dr. Seuss owns them both!

#17 Posted by King Saturn (224043 posts) - - Show Bio
The Man of Yesteryear said:
"Dr. Seuss owns them both!"
Green Eggs and Ham  !
#18 Edited by Kamen Rider Kajiki (1388 posts) - - Show Bio

I know lots of better writers then them like stephen King or Jack London but hey if i have to choose......Tolkien :)

#19 Posted by The Man of Yesteryear (5502 posts) - - Show Bio
Kamen Rider Kajiki said:
"I know lots of better writers then them like stephen King or Jack London but hey if i have to choose......Tolkien :)"
Didn't H.P. Lovecraft's works inspire Stephen King?
#20 Edited by Kamen Rider Kajiki (1388 posts) - - Show Bio

Some of it but the feel of his work when you read it is way different from LoveCraft`s books. 
and it doesnt have so many giant godlike monsters XD.

#21 Posted by Vrakmul (23639 posts) - - Show Bio
Kamen Rider Kajiki said:
"Some of it but the feel of his work when you read it is way different from LoveCraft`s books. 
and it doesnt have so many giant godlike monsters XD."
It's not as scary, a true to the book lovecraft  movie would make john romero *beep* in his pants more times than  I can count.
#22 Posted by Kamen Rider Kajiki (1388 posts) - - Show Bio
Dreadnaught said:
"Kamen Rider Kajiki said:
"Some of it but the feel of his work when you read it is way different from LoveCraft`s books. 
and it doesnt have so many giant godlike monsters XD."
It's not as scary, a true to the book lovecraft  movie would make john romero *beep* in his pants more times than  I can count."
yup that too ^^
#23 Posted by Vrakmul (23639 posts) - - Show Bio

Fear is to Lovecraft as Hope is to Tolkien. 

#24 Posted by Wisppeons (3726 posts) - - Show Bio
King Saturn said:
"The Man of Yesteryear said:
"Dr. Seuss owns them both!"
Green Eggs and Ham  !"
The cat and the hat!