#1 Posted by feargalr (1153 posts) - - Show Bio

Arguably mankind's greatest achievement. Yet all the internet is talking about is the release of the Dark Knight Rises. That makes me a sad panda :(

#2 Posted by CrimsonCake (2668 posts) - - Show Bio

One giant step for ComicVine.

#3 Posted by CrimsonCake (2668 posts) - - Show Bio

Wait so a Christopher Nolan movie is overshadowing the first moon landing?

#4 Posted by Glitch_Spawn (17132 posts) - - Show Bio

WE'VE LANDED ON THE MOON!

#5 Posted by utotheg38 (18883 posts) - - Show Bio

@feargalr said:

Arguably mankind's greatest achievement. Yet all the internet is talking about is the release of the Dark Knight Rises. That makes me a sad panda :(

I know that feel

#6 Posted by Billy Batson (57756 posts) - - Show Bio

So you say <___<
BB

#7 Posted by Billy Batson (57756 posts) - - Show Bio

And what kind of anniversary is 43 years? LOL.
BB

#8 Posted by ARMIV2 (8282 posts) - - Show Bio

Yay. Not being sarcastic or anything. yay.

#9 Edited by feargalr (1153 posts) - - Show Bio

@Billy Batson: I think it's the same as the 16th anniversary of your birth, or your 18th, or your 21st, or your 30th. All numbers for all anniversaries are completely arbitrary.

The point is that this movie has completely engrossed a large proportion of the internet, yet 43 years ago today was the first time that a person from this planet walked around on the moon. The first time we as a race set foot on sometime that didn't come from this world. That's absolutely amazing. And sadly most people like you are small, and don't see it.

#10 Posted by Vortex13 (12223 posts) - - Show Bio

We can celebrate the moon landing every year. Dark Knight Rises came out at midnight the morning. It's not all that surprising to me that it's getting all the intention. I mean the movie premiers once, the moon landing can be appreciated generations to come. The moon landing is definitely a crowning achievement of mankind and should be remembered. Though even today there are people who believed it never happened.

#11 Posted by feargalr (1153 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vortex13 said:

We can celebrate the moon landing every year. Dark Knight Rises came out at midnight the morning. It's not all that surprising to me that it's getting all the intention. I mean the movie premiers once, the moon landing can be appreciated generations to come. The moon landing is definitely a crowning achievement of mankind and should be remembered. Though even today there are people who believed it never happened.

It doesn't matter that we celebrate it every year! Its still frickin huge! Also yes I don't understand how people think it didn't happen.. theres proof like

#12 Posted by texasdeathmatch (13171 posts) - - Show Bio

Next step...MAAAAAARS

#13 Posted by AweSam (7373 posts) - - Show Bio

@texasdeathmatch said:

Next step...MAAAAAARS

Mars is too small. Next step.... the sun.

#14 Posted by AweSam (7373 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlueLantern1995 said:

@AweSam said:

@texasdeathmatch said:

Next step...MAAAAAARS

Mars is too small. Next step.... the sun.

With that step we're fried.

What if we gain powers? Comic logic says we will.

#15 Posted by The Poet (8291 posts) - - Show Bio

Huzzah!

#16 Posted by CrimsonCake (2668 posts) - - Show Bio

Bumping this thread,people must know.

#17 Posted by moywar700 (2775 posts) - - Show Bio

today is the year 2347 and we are celebrating the 500th anniversary of superman.

#18 Posted by King Saturn (223812 posts) - - Show Bio
now aint this something 
#19 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio
@moywar700 said:

today is the year 2347 and we are celebrating the 500th anniversary of superman.

500?
#20 Posted by moywar700 (2775 posts) - - Show Bio

@SandMan_ said:

@moywar700 said:

500?

was just throwing numbers around