To the Guys Who Have Watched Iron Man 3 (Spoilers!)

• 102 results
ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Did you guys think the twist was lame as hell and borderline ripoff from Batman Begins?

I certainly did! I loved the movie but what supposed to be the "Whoooah!" moment was for me a "dafuq!?!?!?!" moment. I know it is good to have a different take on an established character but it just ruined the unstoppable feel of who was supposedly the main villain. It kinda relegated the replay value for me.

Well, good thing the action is sooooooo goddamnnnnn gooooooood!!!!

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

Lol! I didn't watch yet but couldn't resist clicking this. xD Now I'm curious to sees what this is about. =O

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

@samimista: Long story short Marvel has trolled all the fans who've been begging to see Mandarin in an Iron Man movie

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joshmightbe: Aw man. 0.0 That cannot be good then. D= I think it's gonna be released in another 3/4 days in my country so I'll be seeing it then. Mostly excited for Man of Steel though.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

@samimista: Its a good movie aside from that one thing, honestly it just left me wishing they'd have saved Mandarin for part 4.

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol! I didn't watch yet but couldn't resist clicking this. xD Now I'm curious to sees what this is about. =O

Sometimes I think "Spoilers" mean "click me! I know you want to"... Nyahahahahahahaha!

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Samimista

@samimista said:

Sometimes I think "Spoilers" mean "click me! I know you want to"... Nyahahahahahahaha!

Lol! It really is tempting. xD Do I get a prize for clicking this thread? =O

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Haven't seen it, but that 'twist' is super lame...

Shame shame Marvel.

Avatar image for mrdecepticonleader
mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Same here.

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eh, I know what you are saying. Yeah, I thought it was a cop-out too with the Mandarin being just some dude hired by Killian and not being a supervillain at all. I was hoping to see the actual Mandarin fighting with the ten rings and hand to hand against Tony. If I recall correctly, I think one of the actors gave that spoiler out ages ago.

mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Though I still have no idea what it is in the movie people are disappointed about just that people are disappointed about it :)

So that is good.

handsome_stud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

my friends who dont know about comics or the mandarin thought the twist was hilarious and great

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

my friends who dont know about comics or the mandarin thought the twist was hilarious and great

Well to each his own. Even if I didn't know Mandarin (to be honest, not much), I would still not have liked the twist at all. There's just something about it that's disappointing.

Though I still have no idea what it is in the movie people are disappointed about just that people are disappointed about it :)

So that is good.

Ahahaha!

mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@handsome_stud said:

Well to each his own. Even if I didn't know Mandarin (to be honest, not much), I would still not have liked the twist at all. There's just something about it that's disappointing.

@mrdecepticonleader said:

So that is good.

Ahahaha!

Okay what is with the "Ahahaha" ?

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrdecepticonleader: Well the fact that you have no idea what people are disappointed about and just that they are disappointed... And it's a good thing! It's like it's a good thing that people are disappointed... Haha! I know that's not what you mean but that's how it comes out. Hehe! Call me shallow but that's funny for me. :D

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrdecepticonleader: I can tell from your post if you haven't seen it or not, but what did you think of it?

mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrdecepticonleader: I can tell from your post if you haven't seen it or not, but what did you think of it?

No I haven't seen it,was planning on going to see it,but not sure if I will have the time.

@mrdecepticonleader: Well the fact that you have no idea what people are disappointed about and just that they are disappointed... And it's a good thing! It's like it's a good thing that people are disappointed... Haha! I know that's not what you mean but that's how it comes out. Hehe! Call me shallow but that's funny for me. :D

Oh right.I can see how it would come out differently

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#18 k4tzm4n  Moderator

The twist was hilarious. Comic purists will be upset, but it was a gut-buster.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

I did not think it was that good. Unbalanced humor drove the plot.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

The exact same here :D

Loki9876

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Easily the worst one out of the prior releases.

budonkadonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Laughed at the twist with a little wtf'ing, as well. It was fun though... and you could kinda tell something was up when you were introduced to AIM at the beginning.

Was pumped and telling my cohorts about the Mandarin and what not, and now that they haven't seen it, I really can't talk much about the movie.

But, that aside, the movie was fun... The little surprise at the end was fun, as well...

Although we got Ironman early here, Wolverine and Thor will both be two months after the American release, so that's a bummer.

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You know what I was expecting? The Mandarin would been given his 10 rings of power by Thanos and fight hand to hand with Tony in his iron suit. I mean, after what we seen from the Avengers movie, I thought that would be easy to pull off and would have been all kinds of awesome.

So yeah, I was sorely disappointed with the direction they took with the character...

Avatar image for thetimestreamer
theTimeStreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

the mandarin was talking like freaking nixon. i smelled BS from the trailers. as i saw the movie it became more and more obvious (to me at least) he was fake. nice twist. but the thing that pissed me off was the magic lava that does everything when it's plot conveniant.

Avatar image for thetimestreamer
theTimeStreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

@k4tzm4n said:

i agree. and i think this is the best route possible. man with magic rings doesnt really click in the movie universe consider all of the bad guys are tech based. but the ending fight with pepper and the amazing rhodey-man C'MON!! and is it just me or did tony learn some new moves? from cap perhaps?

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#27 k4tzm4n  Moderator

@k4tzm4n said:

i agree. and i think this is the best route possible. man with magic rings doesnt really click in the movie universe consider all of the bad guys are tech based. but the ending fight with pepper and the amazing rhodey-man C'MON!! and is it just me or did tony learn some new moves? from cap perhaps?

One of the opening scenes had a brief glimpse of him very casually training. I think he realizes he needs to step up his game now that there's so much competition out there.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

Yea I didn't find it funny at all

isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gambler said:

Easily the worst one out of the prior releases.

Reverse for me really. Tony shows himself to be more than just a man in a suit and really spins a relatively personal narrative that seems all-encompassing at the same time for his character.

Negatives:

• Had to suspend disbelief that no one shot him.
  • Mandarin (note: Not that I didn't find that funny, as the character has a complete reversal of image to the crowd)
  • Everyone has too much a sense of humor.

@k4tzm4n said:

I was thinking they would just give him a shot of Extremis and have him beat the tar of Stark and prompt a use of Extremis on his part too.

He knew mixed martial arts at the start of Iron Man 2 when he was hitting Happy.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

The movie was mediocre, and you know what? it wasn't even the Mandarin thing that got me, it's everything else.

1. WAY too much forced comedy, it's like every other word out of RDJ's mouth was some sarcastic remark or quip, I like RDJ because of his humor but it made this feel like more of a comedy than a superhero movie.

2. Tony's ridiculous flipping around the room to catch his break away armor which leads to the next point...

3. TOO MUCH USE OF THAT STUPID SUIT!!! I know it's the focus point of the movie, he has a brand new shiny suit, but come on! We get it, it flies at him fast and he hast to jump and react to it, but seeing that four times in one movie gets old, same thing with the "Oh, Tony's not in the suit, he's controlling it from a far." gag they used three times.

4. The TRUE villain's plan was pretty vague, why exactly did he want to kill the president? And him as a villain entirely was pretty boring.

5. Pepper was just as useless as always except for the end when she becomes ''Super Pepper" because we all know she didn't /really/ fall to her death, that would be too unpredictable.

Overall, it was very disappointing..even the after credits part. Hulk crush puny man with anxiety issues.

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 55

I totally agree with the feelings of disappointment on here with Mandarin. But how about they ruined the Extremis storyline! Great chance for a great IM and instead they went for the cheap villain switcheroo. As if no one knew Aldrich was going to be bad. Aldrich Killian died fucking issue #1 of the Extremis storyline! Yet the took a pointless character and made him the main villain?! This rendition is BS. They also made Tonys suits seem like tinker toys. Way to take a pillar character of the MU and make him into a whiny little tool. And then what is that damn ending? He's not even Iron Man anymore.

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 55

#34  Edited By Extremis

T'was bogus, flat and offensive to fans.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Me no like.

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Dragonborn_CT

I am on the fence here.

WALLCRAWLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I liked the movie but where's mandarin

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I liked the movie but where's mandarin

He's on a whole nutha movie...

Now that's Mandarin right there!!!

No Caption Provided
Aiden Cross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

I thought it was hilarious but i didn't go in with expectations of an amazing story but with expectations of lots of humor and action and that's exactly what i got ;)

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@extremis said:

T'was bogus, flat and offensive to fans.

now your being to harsh.

Not really, Imagine if you were watching your fave hero, and the villain was a fake? They spat in Mandarin fans faces.

Avatar image for fuchsia_nightingale
Fuchsia_Nightingale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

Fuchsia_Nightingale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Pyrogram
Fuchsia_Nightingale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrogram: Yes

Cut from other thread

I haven't seen it, but I have, just going off reading the spoils, It sounds like 2 with a few tweaks. Lots and lots of Zingers like any other Marvel film. I'm just guessing Kingsley got to say and do more then Rourke, who mumbled around a lab for 90 mins ? and the Extremis got more play then the Suit case suit..I'll give it a shot ^-^

novi_homines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thoughts brought from by other thread.

Ok i'm back straight from the theater, Giving fresh and honest opinions here.

Tony Stark has had his moments of ups and downs in this trilogy. He's on top of the world one moment, and he's in deep trouble in another. In some ways, I felt that this movie had all of that.This is arguably Tony Starks most emotional movie, but it was also the most comical.

Starting with the mandarin. I don't understand what gave them the idea that they had the audacity to do what they did with that character. He was butchered. Plain and simple. I'm not a huge iron man fan, but iron man fans would and should be angry. I also thought that they had a little too much comedy. It was unfortunate because I thought it had the perfect amount before. Robert had always been the type of character to make people laugh without him even trying. Here it definitely seems to have been forced on the account of the script. There were way to many jokes and punchlines made in this movie that simply prevented me from taking it seriously. which brings me to my final point.

I thought whether or not I liked the direction they headed with this movie, and I realized, this movie was not aiming to be the movie I envisioned it to be. It wasn't aiming to be a completely serious, moving movie. And when I look at the comic book character, it fits effectively. Iron Man is no uber serious superhero. He makes jokes, witty remarks, and gets himself into trouble at times. But at the end of the day, he still manages to save lives, and is only a man in a suit. He's not a god, or a symbol to look up to. He's simply a man, like you or me, who saves people with the brilliant brain he has been gifted with. And as far as delivering that type of movie goes, it succeeds with flying colors. I feel those disappointed wanted a movie more serious, down to earth, and symbolic superhero movie. That may be superman, it may be spiderman, but its not Iron Man. Sorry folks.

Lastly, I must say, this movie had some of the best action i've seen from a comic book movie. The scene he saved the entire plane filled with people was an instant classic, so good. Also, excluding the mandarin, I felt that they did the character justice with this movie. I loved the way they dabbled into how tony stark as a detective would work, and how they brought him to his core elements when they took away all his weapons, trapped him in the middle of nowhere, and asked him to use his brain to get out of tight spots. Like the encounter with the extremis chick, blowing up the building, and the vast amounts of gadgets he was able to build from what seemed like an ace hardware. And using those gadgets to eliminate all the guards surrounding the mansion. All great stuff. Thats what makes tony special, and i'm glad they touched on it. I also LOVE the way they handled J.A.R.V.I.S in this movie! In some ways, he played as a sidekick to Iron Man. Helping tony up from under the ocean by using one of his armor hands, as well as leading the entire charge of Iron Man drones. J.A.R.V.I.S was fantastic in this movie.Oh, and Iron Man's army? AWESOME!

Overall, I think that this movie was successful in the direction they decided to go. Iron Man, as witty and self centered as he is, is only a human. A human who tries to help the world become a safer place. It is safe to say that this movie nailed it on those accounts. It was emotional, funny, sad, happy, and everything in between. It was an entertaining ride, and the best Iron Man of the 3. A fitting conclusion to a great trilogy. Personal Rating, 8.7 out of 10

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What do you guys think about the Iron Patriot? Despite all my whining before the movie came out, I realized I didn't really hate it. But for me, the change from War Machine to Iron Patriot was unnecessary. It wasn't a big deal but they could have done away with it and it wouldn't hurt the plot. Just my two pence.