• 80 results
#51 Posted by Hel (488 posts) - - Show Bio

@raw_material: Ah no worries I really need to hear that its stupid even thinking about smoking "just one last cigarette"

#52 Posted by Strider92 (16830 posts) - - Show Bio

@hel said:

@strider92: well Im a single female so that wont work but I will try to think of all the money I'll be saving.

Awww my bad. You got any close family members or a best friend? Would work just as well.

#53 Edited by laflux (17548 posts) - - Show Bio

Trade tobacco for skunk!!!!!!!!

#54 Edited by laflux (17548 posts) - - Show Bio

@hel: Also if you don't smoke it makes you a much better kisser, than if you don't, so there is that.........

#55 Posted by ALFMutant (165 posts) - - Show Bio

One of my friend quit smoking a year ago, with the money he had, he could buy a new motorcycle.

#56 Posted by Hel (488 posts) - - Show Bio

@strider92: yea my best friend and I just talked about it. Were gonna try doing it together. If He smokes hell pay me and the other way around. Thanks for the tip, i'll might get rich ;)

#57 Posted by Hel (488 posts) - - Show Bio
#58 Posted by laflux (17548 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux said:

Also if you don't smoke it makes you a much better kisser, than if you don't, so there is that.........

See if @lykopis was here, we'd get into an arguement (inside joke). I miss that. Please lykopis. Come Back...................

*runs off crying to @xenon_*

#59 Edited by Xenon_ (3349 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux: Tis cool bro, It's all good she will be back...and jokes will be made :P

#60 Posted by Hel (488 posts) - - Show Bio
#61 Edited by laflux (17548 posts) - - Show Bio

@xenon_ said:

@laflux: Tis cool bro, It's all good she will be back...and jokes will be made :P

#62 Edited by Dabee (2399 posts) - - Show Bio

Look at this picture...:

#63 Edited by lykopis (10746 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux said:

@xenon_ said:

LOL -- what the hell? Just what went on here in my absence?

As for kissing, not smoking will definitely make a difference in that department. The taste (let alone smell) is just awful. As for the quality of kiss, you're on your own there. Laflux knows all about deficiency in that department so steer clear of him.

(PS -- Good for you. I hope things are going well and if not, no worries! Just keep at it, there is no such thing as failing when it comes to smoking -- every cigarette not smoked is a victory onto itself.)

Here's a handy chart:

I am rooting for you.

#64 Edited by OptimusPalm (1800 posts) - - Show Bio

My biggest problem was smoking 'whenever i had a spare minute or two'. It was getting out of hand when i started smoking more than 20 a day, so i decided to quit smoking during work hours. It was hard at first but after only 2-3 days it got a bit easier. And after a while i realised i didnt really want a cigarette in the evening. I still smoke occasionally if i go out on the beers, but 1-2 is all i need/want.

I'd recommend not smoking at work to anybody wanting to quit. I tried totally quitting a couple of times before this but just couldnt do it.

#65 Posted by lykopis (10746 posts) - - Show Bio

@dabee said:

Look at this picture...:

Ugh -- seeing this reminded me of a presentation about the effects of smoking (local science centre where I am) and the lungs of the smoker immediately suffused the entire area with this...godawful smell (it was in a jar and made to expand with a breathing machine) which resulted in the kids in the audience to start gagging (a couple dry heaved). Pretty powerful stuff and got the message across although the memory of the scent is making me wince and feel a bit nauseous at present.

Excellent image.

#66 Posted by Strongarm (5857 posts) - - Show Bio

Switch to electronic

#67 Posted by Ett (27 posts) - - Show Bio

I will give you the advice some gave me.

Don't quit smoke. Just don't smoke any more.

#68 Posted by NicholasAgot (234 posts) - - Show Bio

Start getting drunk, you'll be too focused on OTHER STUFF when you do and totally forget about smoking.

#69 Edited by Dabee (2399 posts) - - Show Bio

@lykopis: I know the smell you mean, I've been to something similar before as well. Words can't even begin to describe...

#70 Posted by MonsterStomp (20343 posts) - - Show Bio

@monsterstomp said:

Don't start smoking and you won't have this problem.

thread/

We all make mistakes, no need to rub it in someone's face when they're clearly trying to quit. :/

Only the weak make mistakes. Jokes.

In all seriousness, I think people that are trying to quit are doing the right thing and should be proud of themselves. Didn't mean to come off as an ass.

#71 Posted by lykopis (10746 posts) - - Show Bio

@dabee said:

@lykopis: I know the smell you mean, I've been to something similar before as well. Words can't even begin to describe...

Right?! Ugh -- just...yuck.

#72 Posted by longbowhunter (7698 posts) - - Show Bio

I smoked for about 12 years and quit cold turkey 5 years ago. I'd gotten to the point where I really only smoked at work so 2/3 of the day I wasn't smoking anyway. Instead of stepping outside and lighting up I sat down and read comics for 5 minutes or so until the craving subsided.

#73 Posted by Glitch_Spawn (17132 posts) - - Show Bio

I say start smoking right now. Life is sh*t. Lungs are irrelevant.

#74 Posted by kfhrfdu_89_76k (3652 posts) - - Show Bio

@jloneblackheart said:

My grandfather actually smoked one half a cigarette a day his whole life. He'd get home from work, light up, take a few drags, put it out and be done with it.

Unbeliavable. Apparently they made cigarettes to last from father to son, too, back in the old days...

#75 Posted by kfhrfdu_89_76k (3652 posts) - - Show Bio

@strongarm said:

Switch to electronic

Actually, it`s said to be even more unhealthy.

#76 Edited by OptimusPalm (1800 posts) - - Show Bio

I quit smoking during work hours. Then that lead to just not really wanting a cigarette in the evening.

#77 Posted by Hel (488 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanks for all the replies, really appreciate them all ;) Been away for 1 week vacation and havent really had the time to reply to any of your suggestions but me and my friend have been reading them and thank you all!

Vacation was part of the plan really. Head up really far north; no people - no smokers and we were smokefree for 4 days. Unfortunately we got a liiitle bit drunk and ran off to buy cigarettes so there you go..

Well at least I made it for 4 days which is a new record. Im gonna try again real soon

#78 Edited by The_Titan_Lord (7039 posts) - - Show Bio

@hel:

Anyone succeded? : YES

How? : If you have a good reason it's basically that easy to stop.

How do you stop thinking about cigarettes 24/7? : It depends on you. If you have a reason not thinking about it should be easy. If not then it's torture. You may not know the distinction between a want(cigarettes) and a need(Your personal reason to stop).

Are you happy you Quit? : 100%

Does life really improve? : Way more better than the one you have before.

#79 Posted by WarBlade539 (4754 posts) - - Show Bio

@hel said:

Anyone succeded?

How?

How do you stop thinking about cigarettes 24/7?

Are you happy you Quit?

Does life really improve?

Every time you feel like smoking, have a glass of Lemonade with a teeny amount of salt and ground black pepper. Every time. And stop reading books with Constantine in em'. :)

#80 Posted by Hel (488 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkazrael999: @the_titan_lord: @the_titan_lord: You may not know the distinction between a want(cigarettes) and a need(Your personal reason to stop).

True. I`ll think about that

Every time you feel like smoking, have a glass of Lemonade with a teeny amount of salt and ground black pepper. Every time. And stop reading books with Constantine in em'. :)

Every time? I`ll try every time ;)