#1 Posted by Jaadu (537 posts) - - Show Bio

So i wanted to buy comics on ebay BUT i don't know if i can trust buying comic there COMPLETELY....... can u guys give me tips on how I know when buying comics from certain ppl is real or a scam!
Any personal experiences good or bad would help to!

#2 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio

Best suggestion is look at the item description and user rating.

#3 Posted by Jaadu (537 posts) - - Show Bio

but what happ if his rating is good but the comics are dirt cheap.....

#4 Posted by Ultimate Ronin (2800 posts) - - Show Bio

wish i could help you but i dont trust ebay at all so i never buy anything from there!

#5 Posted by Jaadu (537 posts) - - Show Bio
Ultimate Ronin said:
"wish i could help you but i dont trust ebay at all so i never buy anything from there!"
lol thats y i never go there, but i wanna take a risk :) a smart one though!
#6 Posted by Jack the Ripper (2225 posts) - - Show Bio
Jaadu said:
"but what happ if his rating is good but the comics are dirt cheap....."

well isn't the fact that the comics are dirt cheap the only reason your using eBay?
#7 Posted by Ultimate Ronin (2800 posts) - - Show Bio
Jaadu said:
"Ultimate Ronin said:
"wish i could help you but i dont trust ebay at all so i never buy anything from there!"
lol thats y i never go there, but i wanna take a risk :) a smart one though!"
hmmm try finding a good comic book store?? we use to have one where i live that was amazing but just like all good places they went out of business.... i hate buying any thing over the internet
#8 Posted by Vance Astro (91414 posts) - - Show Bio

Best Tip of All about buying comics on Ebay=Don't.

Moderator
#9 Posted by Jaadu (537 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"Best Tip of All about buying comics on Ebay=Don't."
have u tried it before?
#10 Posted by Jack the Ripper (2225 posts) - - Show Bio

I've bought lots of good comics on the internet, just not on eBay

#11 Posted by Vance Astro (91414 posts) - - Show Bio
Jaadu said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Best Tip of All about buying comics on Ebay=Don't."
have u tried it before?"
Yes Ma'am.
Moderator
#12 Posted by Jaadu (537 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"Jaadu said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Best Tip of All about buying comics on Ebay=Don't."
have u tried it before?"
Yes Ma'am."
like what happened sorry if im being nosy :P
#13 Posted by Ultimate Ronin (2800 posts) - - Show Bio
Jack the Ripper said:
"I've bought lots of good comics on the internet, just not on eBay"
yea i would buy them from places like barnes and noble a big name place that i trust not to screw me....
#14 Posted by Vance Astro (91414 posts) - - Show Bio
Jaadu said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Jaadu said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Best Tip of All about buying comics on Ebay=Don't."
have u tried it before?"
Yes Ma'am."
like what happened sorry if im being nosy :P"
Nothing happened I just find it easier to download comics...because I can get all the scans I want without having to actually scan the comic and I get all the new stuff without spending a penny.Now I do still purchase comics because I support Marvel but downloading is easier for reading and I don't have to wait for those comics to be shipped to my house.They are ready for download every Wednesday.Also I can get torrents and download huge chunks of Comic History I never got to read because I wasn't born yet.
Moderator
#15 Posted by Jack the Ripper (2225 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"Jaadu said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Jaadu said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Best Tip of All about buying comics on Ebay=Don't."
have u tried it before?"
Yes Ma'am."
like what happened sorry if im being nosy :P"
Nothing happened I just find it easier to download comics...because I can get all the scans I want without having to actually scan the comic and I get all the new stuff without spending a penny.Now I do still purchase comics because I support Marvel but downloading is easier for reading and I don't have to wait for those comics to be shipped to my house.They are ready for download every Wednesday.Also I can get torrents and download huge chunks of Comic History I never got to read because I wasn't born yet."

I think half the people on the Vine do that...
#16 Posted by Vance Astro (91414 posts) - - Show Bio
Jack the Ripper said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Jaadu said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Jaadu said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Best Tip of All about buying comics on Ebay=Don't."
have u tried it before?"
Yes Ma'am."
like what happened sorry if im being nosy :P"
Nothing happened I just find it easier to download comics...because I can get all the scans I want without having to actually scan the comic and I get all the new stuff without spending a penny.Now I do still purchase comics because I support Marvel but downloading is easier for reading and I don't have to wait for those comics to be shipped to my house.They are ready for download every Wednesday.Also I can get torrents and download huge chunks of Comic History I never got to read because I wasn't born yet."

I think half the people on the Vine do that..."
I can't blame them..it's easy.I think everyone should still go out and buy comics though.
Moderator
#17 Posted by Ultimate Ronin (2800 posts) - - Show Bio

yea i wish i could do that but for now im sticking to buying them from the magazine store

#18 Posted by Jack the Ripper (2225 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"Jack the Ripper said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Jaadu said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Jaadu said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Best Tip of All about buying comics on Ebay=Don't."
have u tried it before?"
Yes Ma'am."
like what happened sorry if im being nosy :P"
Nothing happened I just find it easier to download comics...because I can get all the scans I want without having to actually scan the comic and I get all the new stuff without spending a penny.Now I do still purchase comics because I support Marvel but downloading is easier for reading and I don't have to wait for those comics to be shipped to my house.They are ready for download every Wednesday.Also I can get torrents and download huge chunks of Comic History I never got to read because I wasn't born yet."

I think half the people on the Vine do that..."
I can't blame them..it's easy.I think everyone should still go out and buy comics though."
yeah, they should, but I mean some things like Action Comics 1 could never be read if you had to go buy it...unless your a millionare
#19 Posted by Jaadu (537 posts) - - Show Bio

where do u read comics online for free ? :D

#20 Posted by Hedatary (3768 posts) - - Show Bio
Jaadu said:
"where do u read comics online for free ? :D"
lol there plenty of places
#21 Posted by Vance Astro (91414 posts) - - Show Bio
Jaadu said:
"where do u read comics online for free ? :D"
Yes Ma'am.
Moderator
#22 Posted by Jaadu (537 posts) - - Show Bio

like where lol

#23 Posted by Vance Astro (91414 posts) - - Show Bio
Jaadu said:
"like where lol"
I can't post it here.It's illegal.
Moderator
#24 Edited by Hedatary (3768 posts) - - Show Bio
Jaadu said:
"like where lol"
yep! plenty of places....XD i'll pm you or something lol
#25 Posted by Airstrike (190 posts) - - Show Bio

Ask alot of questions, check their user rating and read prior feedbacks!  I have used Ebay alot and only had problems once and the seller made things right with me!