Time Travel and Infinite Earths. For Real?

Avatar image for turoksonofstone
turoksonofstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 24

Edited By turoksonofstone

What do you think?
weaponmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By weaponmaster

Excellent video. (the first one).

I believe time travel to the past may be possible but I don't think time travel to the future can be done as I believe everything is moving through "time" concurrently and there is no future yet, per se, only past and present.

weaponmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By weaponmaster

Also I think he should send Messages back via radio waves as there were devices as early as 1886 that utilized radio waves for communication and he could talk to his father and give him medical advice via any standard radio, CB, or short-wave radio device similar to the movie Frequency. You could also communicate with anyone who has or has had a cellphone.
weaponxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By weaponxx
@weaponmaster:

According to that video, you couldn't talk to anyone by radio or cell phone at anytime those technologies existed, it is limited by the machine itself, not a particular technology. The earliest a cell phone signal/radio wave could go back is the moment the time machine was first turned on.

@turoksonofstone:

This stuff is mind boggling! I have heard all of this before and am a physicist myself. I believe it is all very possible, we just don't know enough to figure it out. It is very detailed and difficult stuff, but many of the equations predict what these videos are talking about.  Some people theorize that out imagination is a subconscious link to ourselves in other dimensions and the experiences and the memories they have.... making it very interesting to think that superheroes, aliens, zombies, killing robots, etc exist! Just not here... yet:(.

:D!
weaponmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By weaponmaster
@weaponx said:

"

@weaponmaster:

According to that video, you couldn't talk to anyone by radio or cell phone at anytime those technologies existed, it is limited by the machine itself, not a particular technology. The earliest a cell phone signal/radio wave could go back is the moment the time machine was first turned on.

"

I understood the video completely. You simply aren't understanding my theory. Expanding on the "mechanics" of his machine you could create a device that creates a "loop" between said device and any device that utilizes radio waves. You were simply thinking too one-dimensionally to grasp what I was proposing.
turoksonofstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By turoksonofstone
@weaponx said:
" @weaponmaster:

@turoksonofstone:
  This stuff is mind boggling! I have heard all of this before and am a physicist myself. I believe it is all very possible, we just don't know enough to figure it out. It is very detailed and difficult stuff, but many of the equations predict what these videos are talking about.  Some people theorize that out imagination is a subconscious link to ourselves in other dimensions and the experiences and the memories they have.... making it very interesting to think that superheroes, aliens, zombies, killing robots, etc exist! Just not here... yet:(.:D! "
Jim Shooter touched on these points in the Valiant and Defiant comics. "Quantum" stuff. Mad interesting indeed.
Omega Ray Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By Omega Ray Jay

Awesome stuff, love all this.

weaponmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By weaponmaster
@turoksonofstone said:

"

@weaponx said:

"

@weaponmaster:

@turoksonofstone:
  This stuff is mind boggling! I have heard all of this before and am a physicist myself. I believe it is all very possible, we just don't know enough to figure it out. It is very detailed and difficult stuff, but many of the equations predict what these videos are talking about.  Some people theorize that out imagination is a subconscious link to ourselves in other dimensions and the experiences and the memories they have.... making it very interesting to think that superheroes, aliens, zombies, killing robots, etc exist! Just not here... yet:(.:D!

"
Jim Shooter touched on these points in the Valiant and Defiant comics. "Quantum" stuff. Mad interesting indeed.

"

Incredibly interesting. I have watched numerous shows on the subject on the science channel, the discovery channel ,etc. Way to tie-in comic books. Well done.

weaponxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By weaponxx
@turoksonofstone:  I will have to look those up, and thanks:).

@weaponmaster:
  Well that sounded condescending.... and I didn't realize you made any attempt at alluding to a theory in your original posts... if you just simply read what you wrote, it is very easy to come to the same conclusion  as I did about what you were saying. Maybe it is because I haven't seen/read frequency...
weaponmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By weaponmaster
@weaponx said:
"

@turoksonofstone:  I will have to look those up, and thanks:).

@weaponmaster:
  Well that sounded condescending.... and I didn't realize you made any attempt at alluding to a theory in your original posts... if you just simply read what you wrote, it is very easy to come to the same conclusion  as I did about what you were saying. Maybe it is because I haven't seen/read frequency...

"

It was not condescending at all. it was simply succint.And text in and of itself has no sound. I know you didnt realize what I meant that is why I clarified it for you. An actual Physicist would likely have easily extrapolated my meaning.

With that stated if you really are a Physicist as you claim, post a picture within the next 10 minutes of your credentials (block out your name and any identifiying words) with a piece of paper next to them with the words "Conceptual Allegory" on it.

weaponxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By weaponxx
@weaponmaster: WOW someone just went a little over board. I am a physicist. And I didn't post it with in ten minutes because I haven't been online. I have a Diploma from Purdue University, but it doesn't have my degree listed on it. Would that suffice? I am currently in grad school.
turoksonofstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By turoksonofstone
@weaponmaster: @weaponx: 
must you disagree?
so few are intelligent enough to even appreciate the concept....
MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By MKF30
@turoksonofstone said:
"   

What do you think?
"
Hey, I've seen that guy before on Gametrailers and Discovery! lol that old, asian guy in the last vid I mean. I'd like to believe Time Travel exists or can, Alternate Universes/Earths etc I'm not so sure but I'm open to the idea. Kind of crazy stuff.
weaponxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By weaponxx
@turoksonofstone:  Very true... but seriously.... I am being called out hard... I guess I will just LMAO at this....
Sorry for the little disagreement  in your thread, it is not the place, though I don't really know what we are disagreeing on actually lol.
turoksonofstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By turoksonofstone
@weaponx: 
lol, it's all good.
castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#15  Edited By castleking
@weaponmaster said:

"

It was not condescending at all. it was simply succint.And text in and of itself has no sound. I know you didnt realize what I meant that is why I clarified it for you. An actual Physicist would likely have easily extrapolated my meaning.

With that stated if you really are a Physicist as you claim, post a picture within the next 10 minutes of your credentials (block out your name and any identifiying words) with a piece of paper next to them with the words "Conceptual Allegory" on it.

"
he is the one in the green shirt

weaponxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By weaponxx
@castleking:    Dang you! You weren't suppose to tell!!!
weaponmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By weaponmaster
@turoksonofstone said:

"

@weaponmaster:  @weaponx: 
must you disagree?
so few are intelligent enough to even appreciate the concept....

"

Actually I was the not one who disagreed initially, Turok. He actually disagreed with me first so i had to explain some things to him. I am always dubious of over-the-top claims by viners so i asked for evidence is all. Sorry I went off topic, as i always enjoy your threads and respect your opinions.

@weaponx said:

"

@weaponmaster:

WOW someone just went a little over board. I am a physicist. And I didn't post it with in ten minutes because I haven't been online. I have a Diploma from Purdue University, but it doesn't have my degree listed on it. Would that suffice? I am currently in grad school.

"

What type of physicist are you. No degree credentials huh? Nothing that does not corroborate your claims of being a physicist would suffice actually.

Avatar image for emperor_gonzo_noir
Emperor Gonzo Noir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

I'm ready.
weaponxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By weaponxx

@turoksonofstone:   @castleking:  No need to respond unless you want to, I just wanted the satisfaction of knowing someone say this.

@weaponmaster:  : 
Here are some credentials of my over-the-top claims.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Currently in Grad School
 Currently in Grad School
Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#20  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

I was always under the opinion that films and tv where wrong and it might be possible to travel forward in time but not back. I'm not sure what makes me think that though, I might have read something...

MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By MKF30

I think once we master Quantum mechanics and Quantum Physics, we should be able to go back or forward. Questions if, IF we ever can or ever do, can we get back to our normal present time? Or would we be stuck in whatever time we traveled to?

weaponxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By weaponxx
@MKF30: I don't know if we will ever understand all of quantum physics or get to a unified theory. At least not for a LONG time:(. For going back to the future, I think that depends on the means to which you got where you were. @weaponmaster: says that he doesn't think there is a future to go to because we are currently in the flow of time so there is no future yet, well that could be, but I don't think so. If it were, then it would likely be the case that if you went to the past then you would be stuck there and could not return. There is no way to know the difference.

A strong argument against time travel is that we haven't witnessed anyone from the future come back. Well, this can be explained in a few ways. The first video explains why that would be (can't go back further than when I time machine was built). Also, it could be that the people that were to time travel are very careful not to disrupt anything in the past. There are several theories about time travel that do not comment on the possibility of only going back as far as the machine was built.
MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By MKF30
@weaponx said:
" @MKF30: I don't know if we will ever understand all of quantum physics or get to a unified theory. At least not for a LONG time:(. For going back to the future, I think that depends on the means to which you got where you were. @weaponmaster: says that he doesn't think there is a future to go to because we are currently in the flow of time so there is no future yet, well that could be, but I don't think so. If it were, then it would likely be the case that if you went to the past then you would be stuck there and could not return. There is no way to know the difference.  A strong argument against time travel is that we haven't witnessed anyone from the future come back. Well, this can be explained in a few ways. The first video explains why that would be (can't go back further than when I time machine was built). Also, it could be that the people that were to time travel are very careful not to disrupt anything in the past. There are several theories about time travel that do not comment on the possibility of only going back as far as the machine was built. "

I see, you see I believe if anything we could go back in time and to the present but NOT the future because it hasn't happened yet...it's a good theory but perhaps we could go to the future?

If the world exists 10 years from now, why can't it be possible to do so you know? It really  messes with your head lol the more you think about it, then there's say it's possible with quantum physics, technology etc the whole "paradox" thing....if you alter history, what happens in the present or to your future self? If you go back in the past, kill yourself literally(not you from the future) but you from the past, will your future self just evaporate/not exist?
weaponxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By weaponxx

I think it is much easier to go back in time than going forward in time. But say you can go back to the present, that is the same physical process as going to the future, how far could you go then? It is hard to think about, I know,  but if you are in the past, all those people that are around you are living their lives like normal, thinking it is the date it is, thinking tomorrow is the future and unknown, but you know. What is the difference than me and you today? Tomorrow is unknown to us, but not to someone who could be from the future. What I am trying to say, is if you look at each thing as a system, our today and present, is the same relatively speaking to someone we would visit in the past. The systems are identical and if you can go from the past, back to your present (traveling forward in time) from the past, then I think you could still continue on into our future. This would not be the case if we were truely the most advanced point in time which is unlikely imo. About altering history.... that is really mind boggling. Does it produce a different timeline? Does your still exist? Is it all a parallel dimension that you visit when you go into the past... a sort of built in protection from nosey time travelers that screw up the time line? Crazy stuff:).

Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#25  Edited By Primmaster64

Wonder....can the past  be changed? or not?

weaponxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By weaponxx
@Primmaster64:

Yes. Sure, I believe so. I don't think that if you had a gun and tried to shoot someone in the head something would happen to stop that. The question is if it affects your future or only their future.... (epic evil music)
Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Primmaster64
@weaponx: It will probably create a divergent timeline, but this timeline will still exist.
weaponxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By weaponxx
@Primmaster64:  That is a popular belief and I can accept that (though I think that involves laws of physics that are not at all understood or thought of yet). No one really knows though until we try!
Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Primmaster64
@weaponx: Following the events of the change of the timeline, we'll continue living that one, but we will never see the other one, but it will still exist.
weaponxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By weaponxx
@Primmaster64:
I agree with that, it makes sense.
Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Primmaster64
@weaponx: Just that we will not be there anymore.
weaponxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By weaponxx
@Primmaster64:  Then what happens when someone else comes back from your time to the past. Is it a different past? Yeah... crazy stuff.
Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Primmaster64
@weaponx: Then comes the other popular belief...It happened that way.
weaponxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By weaponxx
@Primmaster64: Yep! So maybe you could go back to your future after all. Like I said, no one really knows! Man, I am so wanting to time travel now:) [who wouldn't though??]
Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Primmaster64
@weaponx: Or too the past, but the events that took place in the past where with you in it.
weaponxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By weaponxx
@Primmaster64:   I gotcha:).
Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Primmaster64
@weaponx: XD
MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By MKF30

Although if it's from the same timeline and same Earth, I'd imagine it would be the same timeline/Earth? Unless time travel breaks the barriers of alternate dimensions lol

Silkcuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 730

User Lists: 13

#39  Edited By Silkcuts

OMG MIND BLOWING!!!!
THE RIVER OF TIME makes so much sense.

ragdollpurps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#40  Edited By ragdollpurps

... I love Michio Kaku....... Thank you so much for posting this.

Silkcuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Silkcuts

DUDE thanks for posting these, with the most recent synchronicity events to cross my paths the arc Peter Milligan was using to explain the multiple John Constantines (No Future) plus the Big Book of the '70's I got from Rx, Time Travel is making more sense.  I guess that is how Peter Milligan is explaining Vertigo John as the Real John since he actually has a life and other none Vertigo versions are parallel universe. 

I love that guys like us apply real knowledge to comics
^_^

Avatar image for furyofobama2012
FuryofObama2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#42  Edited By FuryofObama2012

creepy, crazy, stuff.

Silkcuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Silkcuts
@ragdollpurps said:
" ... I love Michio Kaku....... Thank you so much for posting this. "
Your a hottie and you have cool heroes, is it even possible for you not to get cool points in my books?
ragdollpurps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#44  Edited By ragdollpurps
@Silkcuts said:
" @ragdollpurps said:
" ... I love Michio Kaku....... Thank you so much for posting this. "
Your a hottie and you have cool heroes, is it even possible for you not to get cool points in my books? "
Umm... Idk, is it possible? LOL :P