#1 Edited by BatWatch (2610 posts) - - Show Bio

Three Reasons Mitt Romney Is a Horrible Person

The time of reckoning is upon us. President Obama has had nearly four years in office, and many eagerly await the opportunity to throw him out and replace him with a new man who hopefully possesses superior leadership, intelligence, and character. However, the conservatives are so eager to see President Obama unseated that they may not be taking the time to truly get to know Mitt Romney.

Mitt Romney is a successful business man, a loyal father and husband, a conservative pundit, a dedicated church member, a governor with executive experience, an intellectual, and a talented public speaker, but is he someone that the American people can trust to do the right thing?

The answer is no.

Reason #1 Dirty Politics

Every election season, the American people are invited to witness a spectacular display of mudslinging between two Presidential candidates. If the candidates were slinging actual mud, then this would be quite an amusing pastime, but since this mud is of the metaphorical variety, its main effect is to leave a sour taste in the mouths of the average citizen. Every election cycle, the candidates make empty promises to run a positive campaign, but inevitably, into each campaign political tent, a little dirt must be slung.

Although it is unpleasant, it is probably a necessary aspect of the election season. Citizens need to know the flaws of candidates, and in the end, most people, despite what they say, probably do not have much of a problem with negative campaigning as long as the ads are honest.

Cue Governor Romney’s political ad, “Believe in America.”

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3a7FC0Jkv8

In this ad, several cuts are taken from a speech by President Obama including one quote wherein the President is heard saying, “If we keep talking about the economy, we’re going to lose.” This quote is the focal point of the ad, and it is digitally altered to echo the word “lose” several times clearly indicating that this is the line you are supposed to remember. After this, Mitt Romney openly talks about the economy and his plans for restoring order to the faltering free market. The obvious purpose of the add it to show that while President Obama does not want to talk about his record with the economy, Mitt Romney is more than willing to address it.

“Where is the problem with this?” you are probably asking.

The problem is that the ad was purposely cut to be misleading. Cue cut 2.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vrz9o35aoR4

In the original speech, President Obama’s real quote was, “Senator McCain’s campaign actually said, and I quote, ‘If we keep talking about the economy, we’re going to lose.’” Mitt’s campaign clearly misused President Obama’s words to misconstrue his meaning. President Obama was not hiding from his record on the economy; he was addressing an attack that McCain made during the 2008 campaign.

Conservatives try to find an excuse for this, but here are the facts. This is not a 527 attack group; Mitt Romney approves the message at the end. You may reasonably think that this was an honest mistake on the part of the campaign, yet when asked about the attack ad, Mitt Romney refused to admit that any mistake, either intentional or unintentional, had been made.

This is only one isolated incident for the moment, but it reveals that Mitt Romney has no problem distorting the truth to get his way. This is the tip of the iceberg, and it is fair to assume that if Mitt Romney becomes President, there will be many more distortions to come. There is already plenty in Romney’s history to indicate his true character.

Reason #2 Romney Hypocrisy Runs Wild

This point could be nearly infinitely long since Mitt Romney has reversed his positions so often, it would be virtually impossible for him not to contradict himself every day on the campaign trail. Here are two examples of Romney’s inconsistency.

Mitt Romney will not release all his tax records. Barack Obama and the liberal media have been continuously hounding Mitt to put his tax records on display for the entire world to see, and the liberal collective continuously implies that Mitt must be hiding something to refuse this request. To be fair, Mitt Romney has complied to all legal requirements in this area, but his reluctance to be as transparent as most politicians does raise some eyebrows. Regardless, Mitt Romney has been a hypocrite on this subject. In years past, Romney has frequently called for others politicians to release their records, and he has used their failure to do so as a reason to assign suspicion and blame, yet now Romney pretends shock and incredulity when he is asked to do the same. To quote Mitt Romney, “What is good for the goose is good for the gander,” or at least it should be.

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=mitt+romney+kennedy+tax+returns&oq=mitt+romney+kennedy+tax+returns&gs_l=youtube.3...8129.9981.0.10153.12.12.0.0.0.0.72.713.12.12.0...0.0...1ac.nPvt-f6tUrY

Another example of Mitt’s hypocrisy is the entire healthcare debate. Mitt Romney promises to dismantle Obamacare, yet as governor of Massachusetts, he passed the largest state run healthcare system ever created in the United States. When Mitt Romney is confronted on this issue, he points out the differences between Obamacare and Romneycare, but the issue is not the specifics of the plan, but whether or not the government should control healthcare in the first place. In reality, much of Obamacare is based upon Romney's Massachusetts model, and even the differences that Mitt points out are lame and at times inaccurate. One of Mitt’s favorite examples of differences between his program and Obama’s is the individual mandate, yet even this is a farce for Romney’s own plan included almost the exact same provision.

http://thepoliticalcarnival.net/2012/06/29/video-hypocrite-mitt-romneys-health-care-mandate-included-tax-penalty/

Reason #3 Mitt Romney Is a Liar

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_pgfWK3sxw

Mitt Romney’s list of flip-flops is long, well documented, and well known. The only question is, why does he keep changing his political stance?

I certainly do not think that everybody who changes his or her mind on a political issue is a liar. Everyone has a right to realize their mistakes and change their perspective based on new information or a new understanding. However, we are not talking about Mitt Romney having an epiphany and realizing he was wrong on an issue, nor are we talking about Romney having a policy change a few times. Rather, Mitt Romney has done this dozens of times in his career, and it just so happens that these changes come about at exactly the same time he is campaigning for a demographic which disapproves of his previous stance. It’s like magic. There is a need for a political revelation, and voila, poof, Romney suddenly has a revelation which would make even Joseph Smith green with envy.

There are only two possible explanations for this behavior. Either Mitt Romney is such an idiot that he simply absorbs the political values of those around him, or he is lying to the American people telling them what they want to hear just so that he can get elected.

Mitt Romney has a Bachelor of Arts in English, he was in the top five percent of business graduates at Harvard University where he earned his Master’s degree, he saved the failing corporation Bain & Company from financial ruin as their CEO, and he created a successful spin-off company called Bain Financial. He was the seventieth governor of Massachusetts, and he has now won the Republican nomination for President of the United States.

Mitt Romney is not a stupid man. Consequently, he is a liar.

#2 Posted by ChaosBlazer (3930 posts) - - Show Bio

Every political candidate has shortcomings. Obama has them too. And both sides mudsling blatantly, its not as if Mitt is some demonic, evil person, and Obama is a shining angel.

#3 Posted by k4tzm4n (40612 posts) - - Show Bio

@ChaosBlazer: He created this after creating "Three Reasons why President Obama is a horrible person." He's keeping it... for a lack of better words...fair and balanced ;)

Staff
#4 Posted by jobiwankenobi (1459 posts) - - Show Bio

Those three reasons all seemed to fall under the category "liar". This should be reason enough no to vote for him, but all politics lie, so...

#5 Posted by ChaosBlazer (3930 posts) - - Show Bio

@jobiwankenobi said:

Those three reasons all seemed to fall under the category "liar". This should be reason enough no to vote for him, but all politics lie, so...

very true.

@k4tzm4n said:

@ChaosBlazer: He created this after creating "Three Reasons why President Obama is a horrible person." He's keeping it... for a lack of better words...fair and balanced ;)

ah. missed that one.

#6 Posted by Xanni15 (6758 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll be sure to give this a read later. :]

#7 Posted by Chaos Prime (10842 posts) - - Show Bio

Been reading in the last few days about this guy & the total unbalanced way he leads his life from paying near enough zero tax compaired to the money he makes & the constant lies has told through out his political career.

The Guys two faced in my Book.

#8 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio
#9 Posted by Ebbm (1118 posts) - - Show Bio

Read this Rolling Stone article to see what a scum sucking leech Romney truly is.

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/greed-and-debt-the-true-story-of-mitt-romney-and-bain-capital-20120829

#10 Posted by x_29 (2274 posts) - - Show Bio

I didn't read :)

#11 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

@PsychoKnights said:

Another example of Mitt’s hypocrisy is the entire healthcare debate. Mitt Romney promises to dismantle Obamacare, yet as governor of Massachusetts, he passed the largest state run healthcare system ever created in the United States. When Mitt Romney is confronted on this issue, he points out the differences between Obamacare and Romneycare, but the issue is not the specifics of the plan, but whether or not the government should control healthcare in the first place. In reality, much of Obamacare is based upon Romney's Massachusetts model, and even the differences that Mitt points out are lame and at times inaccurate.

So full of win.

When are the Romney supporters going to wake up?

#12 Posted by joshmightbe (24876 posts) - - Show Bio

Chuck Norris supports Romney and since anything that over rated piece of bigoted sh** says is wrong I have to support Obama

#13 Posted by _Black (2302 posts) - - Show Bio

The above basically applies to all politicians unfortunately. Thanks for the information though.

#14 Posted by ltbrd (561 posts) - - Show Bio

@PsychoKnights: Have to say, I was a little surprised by the passion you brought into this article.

There are some things I like about Romney, as I've said before.

I agree with some of his education stances; specifically all-day schooling and all-year schooling. Having lived in Japan and traveled throughout Europe, this is a model that we should follow. On the other hand, its gonna cost money, and that means taxes, which unfortunately Romney is not willing to either standardize across the board or even keep the current level of. Not surprising, given the low amount he pays (and for those that are going to defend him on charities, those are great but they help only one specific group....whoever that charity is.....taxes help the entire community that we call the United States of America. If the man that is going to be President doesn't want to pay into that communal system though he has more than enough money to do so by finding tax law loopholes, why are we going to vote for him). So somehow he's going to accomplish education reform without money. By cutting government waste? No. There are definitely places to trim the fat in the federal government (and let's not forget that while we talk Presidency state and local governments are just as fat-lined as federal and people need to be clear about the problems Washington is creating to the problems your state government is creating. If one state is seeing great job growth and another is in decline, its not to Washington you need to look but your own state legislature and how they are spending tax payer and federal grant money) but not enough for the type of education reform Romney is talking.

Side note: I disagree wholeheartedly with the draconian notion of gender separated classrooms.

I also agree with keeping our military force strong. Not big. Strong. There are places to cuty, but I do think Democratic leaders want too many cuts than are really necessary. I say this both in defense of my own career as a member of the military, but also because of the hundreds of thousands of employees working for companies with defense contracts. World issues and the need for strong security aside (and there are many) the American economy simply cannot afford a heavy hit in unemployment that would come with a dramatic loss of defense contracts. Yes, we've backed ourselves into the corner that President Eisenhower predicted, but wholesale cutting is not the way out of it.

The biggest thing I don't like about Romney/Ryan, however, is their emphasis that this election is all about the economy, and I'm a bit surprised you didn't comment on this. While the Republicans would certaintly like to keep this election in the economic domain, we as American's would be stupid to let them. We can't trade the soul of America for dollars. Romney is not willing to debate Obama on social issues like gay marriage, planned parenthood, and abortion because he knows his party has gone way batshit into right field in their views and America isn't following them. Over 75% of the country is trending to the left on social policies. So what does Romney do? Only focus on the economy and hope that people's wallets will make them forget about the last century of social reform and equality this country struggled to get to. We can't let that happen. We can't be blind to all other issues on the sake of one.

But if its money that makes the world turn read this.........by allowing gay marriages in the state of New York, New York City saw an increase of over $256 million dollars in marriage certificate purchases in the first year of the new law being enacted. $256 MILLION!!!! Imagine if every state in the union could see a net profit like that for simply allowing all people to have the same rights. That money could go to education, job programs, health services, construction projects, you name it. Everything this country is in need of right now this one simple change and acceptance could help move us closer to. Is that going to be in a Romney campaign? Absolutely not. But it is something Americans should know about in order to make an educated decision come November.

#15 Edited by PurpleCandy (773 posts) - - Show Bio

It's always between a Giant Douche and a Turd Sandwich my friend

-South Park

#16 Posted by PurpleCandy (773 posts) - - Show Bio

@x_29 said:

I didn't read :)

This, Politics are always bad. People always vote for who they see as a shrine of hope, others criticize, nobody's perfect, think of the Earth as an hourglass that can't be tilted, that's what the Earth is and I'm sure the sands are running out.

#17 Posted by ARMIV2 (8434 posts) - - Show Bio

Iinteresting read. Honestly, I can't say who I would vote for...nothing about either of these guys seems really...I dunno.

I don't want to get political here, and I don't want to encourage responses that would bleed into debates, but why do I feel like we don't have any real candidates running?