THREE: Following people.... on ComicVine that is.

t1774ny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Edited By t1774ny

So how do you decide who's worth following and reading up on (blogs/wiki/etc)?

Do you just go to Top Users?

What is the best way to find a person with the most similar interests as you do?

:)

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#1  Edited By Strider1992

Well you could always try looking in the forum of a character you like. For example if you like Batman go to the Batman forum and look at who the top editors and posters are and see if they have similar interests if they don't just look through that forum until you find an active poster who does.

Welcome to the Vine Btw

t1774ny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By t1774ny

@Strider92:Oh thanks~ yeah i'm still on training wheels on this site~ hahahahaha

Definitely will check that out!

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

Please don't make 10 random threads just to fill your quest. It's not worth it, and you'll just get in trouble. 

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Strider1992

@t1774ny: If you like debating checking out the Battle forum is worth a look as well. Especially if there's a character you know a lot about. As it will also draw out people with the same opinions on the character as you (even if they aren't always right lol).

Good luck with your search :)

t1774ny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By t1774ny

@FadeToBlackBolt: I didn't know there had to be 10 threads to complete a quest... I'm just putting numbers on my blog titles so I can keep track of how many times I've blogged... how will I get in trouble (i genuinely don't know)?

@Strider92: Oh~ i didn't know the Battle forum was good for that! I just got random characters when I tried it out. I should totally pick someone I like then! Thanks a lot~

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
@t1774ny: Ah, that's OK. Sorry, it's just some people make random blogs to fill in quest things. I thought as you had written the numbers before the title, you were counting how many you had left. Since your blogs are made from an actual desire to learn more, you'll be fine =] 
Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Strider1992

@t1774ny said:

@FadeToBlackBolt: I didn't know there had to be 10 threads to complete a quest... I'm just putting numbers on my blog titles so I can keep track of how many times I've blogged... how will I get in trouble (i genuinely don't know)?

There's a quest that requires you to make 10 threads what he's trying to say is don't spam threads just to earn a quest title. Make sure what your about to post is relevant :)

feebadger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By feebadger

I find that if you leave regular comments on threads that interest you, then people will usually check out your page and be drawn to you if they share the same interests over time. I found your page through comments that Moywar700 left on your blog and i was looking at Moywars page because of a childrens book thread she had posted which i found because i was looking at... well, you get the picture. Follow your interests and your interests will lfollow you.

Oh, and i hope you're settling into Comic Vine nicely and its a pleasure to have ye aboard.

t1774ny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By t1774ny

@feebadger: oh!! thanks for the suggestion... that sounds like a really good idea. I will definitely do it.

Unfortunately real life beckons me and i'll have to put off doing some ComicVine page surfing..

I'm really glad to be here since it has re-kindled my interest and love for the western comics (i'm very into anime and manga)

Kiara_Sullivan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By Kiara_Sullivan

The people I follow are more then likely people I talk to on a regular basis. They are also people who I find are very good writers.

Being an RPGer most of the people I follow are too. And a lot of alts.

cyberninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

#11  Edited By cyberninja

People I follow= zero

Video_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Video_Martian

@cyberninja: Your avatar is beyond awesome! XD

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#13  Edited By inferiorego  Staff

@cyberninja said:

People I follow= zero

No Caption Provided
Avatar image for hydrabob--defunct
hydrabob--defunct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

I normally follow people that follow me. Other than that you have to seem interesting. Like very interesting.

redleigh86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By redleigh86

I'll follow anyone who follows me, and I follow people that seem interesting... just, like, people who post interesting stuff in the forums or if I just stumble across their profile and they seem cool. I don't know. It's subjective and depends on the day and my mood? lol

As for finding people with similar interests, I suppose just search topics that interest you and then see who posts on them with comments you agree with?

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#16  Edited By ReVamp

Follow people that I talk to and surprise me, interest me etc...

DoomDoomDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#18  Edited By DoomDoomDoom

@hydrabob said:

I normally follow people that follow me. Other than that you have to seem interesting. Like very interesting.

Trodorne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 15

#19  Edited By Trodorne

@t1774ny: I follow everyone. though I do not get followed back all the time I always like staying up to date on people. im a fan of fans. I love seeing people wide eyed and happy about their genre.

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By lykopis

@redleigh86 said:

I'll follow anyone who follows me, and I follow people that seem interesting... just, like, people who post interesting stuff in the forums or if I just stumble across their profile and they seem cool. I don't know. It's subjective and depends on the day and my mood? lol

As for finding people with similar interests, I suppose just search topics that interest you and then see who posts on them with comments you agree with?

Tsk, tsk, tsk.....

EDIT: Forgot to add LOL - gah!!!

t1774ny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By t1774ny

@Glitch_Spawn: LOL thanks? i'm a dudette

@everyone thanks!!

redleigh86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By redleigh86

@lykopis: Er, I get how that looks, like as if I'm asking for followers in a round-about way, but I'm really not :/ I was just stating that that's one of the ways I decide who to follow.

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By lykopis

@redleigh86: Aww - I know, in fact - that is exactly the way I go about it, honestly. :)