Thoughts on the Hobbit

jonEsherfey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By jonEsherfey

I saw the Hobbit at the midnight premiere and was very impressed by it. I thought it was as good or better than any of the Lord of the Rings Movies. I would like to hear your thoughts on the movie and if you liked it disliked it and compare to LOTR.

-jonEsherfey

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By SmashBrawler

I thought the padding was really obvious (the beginning, the stuff with Radagast and the new sub-plot involving Azog). Also, the movie has a lot more comedy than the previous ones (although I personally didn't have a problem with that).

Not as good as the LOTR trilogy, but was anyone expecting that from this movie? I know I wasn't. I really liked the movie for what it was.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By danhimself

@SmashBrawler said:

I thought the padding was really obvious (the beginning, the stuff with Radagast and the new sub-plot involving Azog). Also, the movie has a lot more comedy than the previous ones (although I personally didn't have a problem with that).

Not as good as the LOTR trilogy, but was anyone expecting that from this movie? I know I wasn't. I really liked the movie for what it was.

The Hobbit book was much more light in tone than the Lord of the Rings so I was kind of expecting that

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By SmashBrawler

@danhimself: Yep, that's the reason I wasn't expecting that much from this movie.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By danhimself

@SmashBrawler: I'm actually expecting quite a bit from it...The Hobbit was my favorite book from the series so hopefully it lives up to my own self imposed hype...sucks that I won't be able to see it for a few weeks

Avatar image for deactivated-5a8a41461364c
deactivated-5a8a41461364c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I didn't even realize the movie was out yet but while I do think some of the ideas are dumb, the fact is you couldn't have made that interesting a movie based off the book without adding stuff, the book is almost entirely real stuff going on just outside the reader's point of view.

jonEsherfey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By jonEsherfey

If anyone saw it at the IMAX then did you see that extended Star Trek 2 trailer because if you did it looked awesome.

jonEsherfey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By jonEsherfey

@I Am Legend: Yes but the stuff that the added was from the appendixes of LOTR so in my opinion I believe that stuff is alright to add and for the most part they did not just made things up for the movie just to add plot. Azog the Defiler was part of the Appendixes and I thought he was pretty awesome anyway.