Thoughts on life beyond planet earth

ganon15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

What are your views of life on other planets?

Yokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Yokergeist

Aliens!

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

I think that us humans haven't even scratched the surface of this universe. There are so many planets beyond what we can't see not to think that there are other life forms out there some may even be more smarter than humans and have technology far advanced than ours.

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By judasnixon

Aliens are real, I've seen them.......

No Caption Provided
Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think any other sentient beings exist out there

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

If it does exsist, it will be interesting to see how various religons will take it, based on how advanced such lifeforms are......

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

Oh...This thread again.

And of course, aliens exist.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Cable_Extreme

@jayc1324 said:

I don't think any other sentient beings exist out there

Well think of this. Almost every Star in our galaxy has satellites (planets) rotating around them. Now when looking at our solar system, we have 7 planets, 3 of which are in the "goldilocks zone" (Venus, Earth, Mars) meaning it is just the right amount of distance from the sun to have life on it's surface. Places like mars once had flowing water and an atmosphere that was later stripped away by solar wind, and venus was a lot like Earth, but then later developed a crazy green house effect that caused all of the liquid on it's surface to evaporate in the sky. So in our solar system we have 3 planets capable (or use to be capable) of supporting life. Now looking at 10 other stars, that could easily equate to 20 or so planets in the goldilocks zone. But it gets even more crazy, in just our galaxy (The Milky Way), we have around 300 Billion stars. Now our galaxy is about an average galaxy within this universe. There currently about 100 billion observable galaxies, and that is just observable.

Galaxy Ic 1101 has an estimated of 100 trillion stars, and that is just a single galaxy. Now think about it, this should open your mind up a bit :D

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aliens are more than likely real...

ganon15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrogram said:

Oh...This thread again.

And of course, aliens exist.

This time I didn't search to see if threads like these exist, sorry

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Pyrogram

@cable_extreme: And you know, the goldilocks zone may not even be true. New research is saying that planets can support life up to 10 times further away from stars than previously assumed.

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lady gaga knows all

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cable_extreme: I could see life such as bacteria on mars but that's it in our solar system. I just think we would've got a picture of any aliens from other galaxies by now. I mean the hubble space telescope can take photos of faraway planets so wouldn't we have seen them by now?

But I did read somewhere that Earth received some type of signal or something from space a while ago and that we have no idea where it came from. I need to look into that story more.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrogram said:

@cable_extreme: And you know, the goldilocks zone may not even be true. New research is saying that planets can support life up to 10 times further away from stars than previously assumed.

Yeah, places like Jupiter's moon Europa which is thought to have a ocean under the ice, or Saturns moon Titan, which is covered in a thick atmosphere and has liquid methane on it's surface, or even Triton, the moon of Neptune is thought to possible have life around the geysers that shoot hot water so fast off it's surface it exceed the moons escape velocity.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Pyrogram
@jayc1324 said:

@cable_extreme: I mean the hubble space telescope can take photos of faraway planets so wouldn't we have seen them by now?

No, we cannot even see the surface of the planets.

Look how close this image is to earth, and you still cannot see humans. No human telescope can see aliens close up, at all.
Look how close this image is to earth, and you still cannot see humans. No human telescope can see aliens close up, at all.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrogram: Interesting. But you can see lights which is a sign of human life. Its possible that other aliens just haven't figured out how to use electricity yet though. But the idea just seems to far fetched to me. There could always be something else out there, but there could also not be just as easily.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrogram said:

@cable_extreme: Ocean under the ice is such a cool concept lol

Yeah, they are thinking of sending a underwater Rover that can land on it's surface, and use heat to melt it's way down to the ocean.

Loading Video...

ganon15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh I'm loving this thread :)

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324: I'm too tired to explain. But simply, no human telescope could ever see another planets lifeforms in the way you are saying. That's kinda it.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Cable_Extreme

@jayc1324 said:

@pyrogram: Interesting. But you can see lights which is a sign of human life. Its possible that other aliens just haven't figured out how to use electricity yet though. But the idea just seems to far fetched to me. There could always be something else out there, but there could also not be just as easily.

Well look at the math, even if we say there is 1 in a trillion chances that there is life someone else, that would mean there would be at least 100 planets containing life in Galaxy IC 1101 that contains 100 trillion stars. Perhaps even more since there are multiple planets (usually around each star) With moons also capable of supporting life. Now think of there being 100 billion observable galaxies. Yay Science!!!!

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Pyrogram

@cable_extreme said:

Well look at the math, even if we say there is 1 in a trillion chances that there is life someone else, that would mean there would be at least 100 plants containing life in Galaxy IC 1101 that contains 100 trillion stars. Perhaps even more since there are multiple planets (usually around each star) With moons also capable of supporting life. Now think of there being 100 billion observable galaxies. Yay Science!!!!

I personally think you gotta be kinda stupid (ignorant) to think only humans exist in the entire universe. But that is just me lol

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Cable_Extreme

@pyrogram said:

@cable_extreme said:

Well look at the math, even if we say there is 1 in a trillion chances that there is life someone else, that would mean there would be at least 100 plants containing life in Galaxy IC 1101 that contains 100 trillion stars. Perhaps even more since there are multiple planets (usually around each star) With moons also capable of supporting life. Now think of there being 100 billion observable galaxies. Yay Science!!!!

I personally think you gotta be kinda stupid (ignorant) to think only humans exist in the entire universe. But that is just me lol

Well, yeah. It is mathematically guaranteed that there is life out there. Lots of life. People just don't educate themselves in science, so they can't form educated opinions on the subject, so I like to help them out.

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

If there is there's no way for us to reach there planet in any of our lifetimes (unless they make contact with us within the next 50-70 years). I kind of hope so or else it would be a tremendous waste of space.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cable_extreme: I get what you said but I still don't buy it. Anyway, we are a long ways away from exploring other planets in other galaxies to find out for sure.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

It exists.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74
deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love thinking of Space and its infinite possibilities. I wish someone would make a video game focused only on travelling and seeing the stars.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dngn4774 said:

If there is there's no way for us to reach there planet in any of our lifetimes (unless they make contact with us within the next 50-70 years). I kind of hope so or else it would be a tremendous waste of space.

There isn't a way, just getting to Proxima Centauri (The closest star) would take 70 thousand years going as fast as voyager 1 which was 38, 400 mph.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

@cable_extreme: I get what you said but I still don't buy it. Anyway, we are a long ways away from exploring other planets in other galaxies to find out for sure.

Yes, we are very far away from even going to the closest star.

ganon15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

crikey!

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ganon15 said:

@cable_extreme said:

@jayc1324 said:

crikey!

It would take 70 thousand years just to get to Proxima Centauri going 30,400 mph.

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#32  Edited By dngn4774

@cable_extreme said:

@dngn4774 said:

There isn't a way, just getting to Proxima Centauri (The closest star) would take 70 thousand years going as fast as voyager 1 which was 38, 400 mph.

I know, by human means it would be impossible, and I seriously doubt if any alien race could travel through space that fast, that they would come with peaceful intentions. A more depressing notion would be that we are the first of all sentient life and our petty squabbles with managing the Earth's resources has prevented us from advancing science to a point where planetary colonization could be possible. Those breakthroughs could be billions of years away, if our sun doesn't die out first or if we don't destroy the planet far before then.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Cable_Extreme

@dngn4774 said:

@cable_extreme said:

@dngn4774 said:

I know, by human means it would be impossible, and I seriously doubt if any alien race could travel through space that fast, that they would come with peaceful intentions. A more depressing notion would be that we are the first of all sentient life and our petty squabbles with managing the Earth's resources has preventing us from advancing science to a point where planetary colonization could be possible. That could be billions of years away if our sun doesn't die out first or if we don't destroy the planet far before then.

I would just point them to Titan, if it is fuel they are after, though, I am sure Earth wouldn't have any resources that an alien civilization would want.

Think about it this way, how many times have you stopped your car to look at ants on the side of the freeway? Not a lot I assume, which could be a similar example to an advanced alien civilization traveling through space.

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If aliens don't exist, then explain my sister!

*cue laugh track

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonez120 said:

If aliens don't exist, then explain my sister!

*cue laugh track

No Caption Provided

ganon15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By ganon15

Maybe Martian Manhunter exists

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ganon15 said:

Maybe Martian Manhunter exists

He takes host in people's bodies like he is doing in the New 52 currently.

Mitran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Mitran

they're pretty smart because they don't come here

Avatar image for deactivated-627010180bd2d
deactivated-627010180bd2d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't mind aliens, in fact most of them are pretty nice people. I find Andromedan culture particularly fascinating.

CuddleBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the night sky is just a big backdrop like in gremlins 2: the new batch.... FACT!

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

They exist.

A life form can be something as simple as bacteria. It's basically impossible that at least that level of life form doesn't exist. There are 300~ billion stars alone in our galaxy and hundreds of billions of galaxies (estimated) in the universe.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They exist.

A life form can be something as simple as bacteria. It's basically impossible that at least that level of life form doesn't exist. There are 300~ billion stars alone in our galaxy and hundreds of billions of galaxies (estimated) in the universe.

Ic1101 has and estimated 100 trillion stars, the odds are quite high that there is life just within that galaxy.

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By FearTheLiving

They're out there, the universe is too big for them not to be.

Chibi_cute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wonder what would be the reaction of the public if they are indeed real.

Stormultt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Humanity doesn't deserve to find anything.

ganon15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers