Thoughts on hunting for sport?

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By ccraft

Do you think it's morally wrong to kill an unaware animal for sport, or if there's is some way to justify hunting, like using the meat from your kill, etc.. Or do you think it's just apart of human nature and not some narcissistic human behavior?

No Caption Provided

What are your thoughts?

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

If you are not going to eat it, you are just an a hole.

Avatar image for deactivated-613e82c4b95f9
deactivated-613e82c4b95f9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

User Lists: 0

I see no harm in hunting non-rare species.

Though I probably wouldn't kill an animal without a VALID reason.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bruxae: So you make no distinction between someone who needs the meat so he hunts, than someone who kills for sport, but also uses the meat.

silent_bomber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I personally dislike it, but if other people want to do it then that's their choice and I'm not going to judge them.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Don't care either way.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I disagree with it personally.

Avatar image for quinnofthestoneage
QuinnoftheStoneAge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It is utterly barbaric

Space_Coyote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I don't oppose it, but they really should just be out there with a bow and arrow like the Native Americans did it. All the modern tech hunters use makes it seem like cheating. It's not like the animals have gotten any upgrades over the centuries.

SMGameHHH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not a big fan of it. Morally wrong if you ask me.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@quinnofthestoneage: I can see why some people hold that belief. People now a days don't have to hunt for their own food. There's so much more stuff to keep us entertained. But I've heard it's better than processed food. And I personally think it's better killing an animal in nature than shooting it behind a barn.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't oppose it, but they really should just be out there with a bow and arrow like the Native Americans did it. All the modern tech hunters use makes it seem like cheating. It's not like the animals have gotten any upgrades over the centuries.

They got huge claws, horns, and a mean bite!

silent_bomber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ccraft said:

personally think it's better killing an animal in nature than shooting it behind a barn.

I can only deal with eating Meat because someone else does the killing for me and then packages it all up tbh.

and yeah, I know that makes me kind of a hypocrite lol

Space_Coyote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@ccraft: The Native Americans and similar cultures did just fine against them. What's the challenge in using a hunting rifle from 50 yards away to kill a cheetah that didn't even know you were there?

Rpgesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Rpgesus

Big game hunting would be fun as hell. I have no problem hunting anything unless it's endangered

Everything now a days is a bunch of sissies trying to tell everyone what the should/shouldn't do

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ccraft said:

personally think it's better killing an animal in nature than shooting it behind a barn.

I can only deal with eating Meat because someone else does the killing for me and then packages it all up tbh.

Whaaaaat? I wasn't gonna say nothin' :P

@ccraft: The Native Americans and similar cultures did just fine against them. What's the challenge in using a hunting rifle from 50 yards away to kill a cheetah that didn't even know you were there?

Well for one it makes it safer. I doubt the Indians did just fine, sure they mastered hunting with the tools they had, but I'm sure it wasn't without incident.

DBVSE7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By DBVSE7

Stupid, barbaric, but when humans kill eachother for amusement we seen them as nut jobs. Or when a wild animal reacts on instinct we shoot them or call them out of control.

I honestly just see it as a species egotistical way of proving who's superior.

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

Very interesting question let's see how this one progresses .

silent_bomber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By silent_bomber
@ccraft said:
@silent_bomber said:
@ccraft said:

Whaaaaat? I wasn't gonna say nothin' :P

Don't be judgin' :)

I do think personally I would feel better hunting for food than farming. There's something kind of sinister about farming, you know, you raise these animals and look after them and they trust you completely and then #blam#, they never saw it coming.

Just to add to that, that I appreciate farmers and all their good work for providing food for hypocrites like me :P

QuinnoftheStoneAge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ccraft said:

@quinnofthestoneage: I can see why some people hold that belief. People now a days don't have to hunt for their own food. There's so much more stuff to keep us entertained. But I've heard it's better than processed food. And I personally think it's better killing an animal in nature than shooting it behind a barn.

It probably is better for you than processed food, but you could always eat roadkill instead. I do agree that it is better killing an animal in nature, because at least they have had a nice life in the wild. But why would you kill anyway, it is unnecessary, we can survive perfectly well without meat. Also you asked specifically about hunting for sport, killing for fun, not to survive or because the meat is better for you. What I think is barbaric is ending another animals life for fun, you wouldn't do it to another human, so why should you for an animal? That fox you killed might have fox cubs who will wait forever for their mother to return. I also think it is rather cowardly killing an animal which poses no threat to you for sport.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@silent_bomber: I could never raise something only to kill it in it's adulthood... But I was referring to industry farming practices, where you have thousands of cows or chickens all bunched up in a small area with no room to walk or roam. Or pigs in gestation crates...

@dbvse7 said:

Stupid, barbaric, but when humans kill eachother for amusement we seen them as nut jobs. Or when a wild animal reacts on instinct we shoot them or call them out of control.

I honestly just see it as a species egotistical way of proving who's superior.

So if we can't hunt humans we shouldn't hunt animals? Whatever you say, Zaroff.

mikethekiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If your gonna kill it eat it

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

@dbvse7:

Stupid, barbaric, but when humans kill eachother for amusement we seen them as nut jobs

Mainly because humans aren't an equal to animals at all. Sure we're animals ourselves, but we transcend them in the food chain, and they're not considered sentient beings, ergo - they don't receive our rights. So this is honestly text book false equivalent argument.

I personally would never kill an animal for amusement, but this reasoning is a tad bit fallacious.

Avatar image for rocketraccoonthingy
rocketraccoonthingy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

Not cool

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@quinnofthestoneage: roadkill doesn't sound like an alternative. The most road kill I see in my area is raccoons, cats, and birds.Yes people can survive without meat, but people love meat. I even considered becoming a veterinarian as a means to eat healthier. Well hunting for sport is a generalized, there's different aspects to it. Well killing an animal is different than a person.

Gotta go to lunch so I can't reply to your whole statement.

lettsplay10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

QuinnoftheStoneAge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ccraft said:

@quinnofthestoneage: roadkill doesn't sound like an alternative. The most road kill I see in my area is raccoons, cats, and birds.Yes people can survive without meat, but people love meat. I even considered becoming a veterinarian as a means to eat healthier. Well hunting for sport is a generalized, there's different aspects to it. Well killing an animal is different than a person.

You can eat Raccoons, cats and Birds as long as they are fresh. People loving meat isn't good enough reasons to kill another creature imo. You should try being vegetarian :) I don't consider killing an animal much different than killing a person. What are the different aspects to hunting for sport if I may ask?

Have a nice lunch ^_^

Avatar image for deactivated-6241fa3a1cff5
deactivated-6241fa3a1cff5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Unless someone needs animal meat or fur for survival (which is rare), then it should be (edit:)BANNED. But sadly that's not the way it goes.

It does bring down animal population if it get's out of hand (which is the only benefit I see), but I believe there are other solutions in that situation.

DBVSE7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ccraft: If you hunt for food that's a different story, if you're just doing it for fun.. Like someone mentioned "you're just an a-hole. :P

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 rogueshadow  Moderator
those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For sport isnt cool. But for food is fine .

DBVSE7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By DBVSE7

@dccomicsrule2011: Or .. in this case it's just humans saying, because we're intelligent enough to understand things like concepts and perspectives.. what we do to them doesn't matter because they're inferior. :P

That's just my opinion. Other than hunting for food or survival of any kind. I don't find it ok at all.

Avatar image for thegreatvampirekillerx
TheGreatVampireKillerX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I will comment on killing animals once we stop pointless propaganda wars that kill thousands of innocent people to benefit evil rich scumbags.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ccraft said:

You can eat Raccoons, cats and Birds as long as they are fresh. People loving meat isn't good enough reasons to kill another creature imo. You should try being vegetarian :) I don't consider killing an animal much different than killing a person. What are the different aspects to hunting for sport if I may ask?

Have a nice lunch ^_^

People don't eat road kill tho, mostly because it's probably rotting by the time you find it. Nah, hamburgers are too good! :P

How is it not much different than killing a person? There's nothing similar about it.

Well some hunt big game, some hunters who only hunt to kill, others who hunt for sport but also use the meat. And those who hunt out of necessity. We wouldn't go to where people still live in tiny huts and tell them how hunting is wrong. The reason hunting is a sport is because most US citizens don't hunt for necessity. Same with fishing.

@dbvse7 said:

@ccraft: If you hunt for food that's a different story, if you're just doing it for fun.. Like someone mentioned "you're just an a-hole. :P

But what about those who hunt for sport but use the meat from their kill?

magnablue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's wrong and should be illegal

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By ccraft

@hylian: Don't give me that crap! Pokemon is on par with dog fighting, but yet you still watch it.

magnablue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hylian: And put them in tiny cages until you pit them against each other! Animal cruelty!

magnablue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ccraft: It's all about the relationship that you make with your pokemon

DBVSE7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By DBVSE7

@ccraft: If you're using the meat for food ok that's whatever, but if you're hunting it just or the sake of killing something yea.. no I'm not cool with that.

Darling_Luna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Hunt something that kills you back, only sporting

: D

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dbvse7 said:

@ccraft: If you're using the meat for food ok that's whatever, but if you're just hunting to claim a prize.. yea.. no.

*mouth full of food* No rhino meat for you then! *continues to chew*

AlphaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's the same as eating meat, it's about deciding that your pleasure is more important than an animal's life. I eat meat by the way, so yup, I'm a scumbag.

Penderor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bruxae said:

If you are not going to eat it, you are just an a hole.

QuinnoftheStoneAge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ccraft said:

@quinnofthestoneage said:

@ccraft said:

Have a nice lunch ^_^

People don't eat road kill tho, mostly because it's probably rotting by the time you find it. Nah, hamburgers are too good! :P

How is it not much different than killing a person? There's nothing similar about it.

Well some hunt big game, some hunters who only hunt to kill, others who hunt for sport but also use the meat. And those who hunt out of necessity. We wouldn't go to where people still live in tiny huts and tell them how hunting is wrong. The reason hunting is a sport is because most US citizens don't hunt for necessity. Same with fishing.

I know plenty of people who eat roadkill, you just have to get it whilst it's still fresh.

Eww hamburgers :P

You are taking away the life of a sentient being, there is no difference.

I see, most people round where I live hunt for fun.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

@dbvse7:

Or .. in this case it's just humans saying, because we're intelligent enough to understand things like concepts and perspectives.. what we do to them doesn't matter because they're inferior. :P

My point still stands regardless. Animals aren't tantamount to humans on no shape, form, or fashion.

That's just my opinion. Other than hunting for food or survival of any kind. I don't find it ok at all.

Alright. I was never disputing that, I was only referring to the humans-to-animals comparison. As I've said before, I couldn't care less either or.

Rpgesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Animals do not equal humans in really any way

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@quinnofthestoneagesaid:

I don't consider killing an animal much different than killing a person.

deathstroke52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I don't care.