"This Will Be The Last Day Your Unemployed."

lorbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By lorbo

Being unemployed can be a real pain, so to keep myself going despite getting turned down I have come up with this quote: "This will be the last day your unemployed."

Because even though every job I apply to seems to be wasted energy, one of them will say yes. And I will get a job. So as long as I have a hope that things will change I have motive to continue.

Another phrase is this:

"If you're walking through hell keep walking."

In other words, if times are rough, keep trying, they won't get any better if you stop trying.

Avatar image for thesecondopinion
TheSecondOpinion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By TheSecondOpinion

Who did you vote for?

lorbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By lorbo

@TheSecondOpinion said:

Who did you vote for?

Ah a combative question eh? I could say one of three choices, and ALL of them will stir up trolling so I respectively refuse to answer that.

TheSecondOpinion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By TheSecondOpinion

@lorbo: It's not a combative question. It's a question that should ring in people's head so that something can be done about the unemployment rates.

Avatar image for captain_yesterday
Captain_Yesterday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Captain_Yesterday

@lorbo: Good luck to you man. I know what you're going through my dad has been unemployed for over a year despite half a dozen job interviews. With this economy employers rather pay inexperienced people less.

lorbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By lorbo

@Captain_Yesterday said:

@lorbo: Good luck to you man. I know what you're going through my dad has been unemployed for over a year despite half a dozen job interviews. With this economy employers rather pay inexperienced people less.

Thank you

TheSecondOpinion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By TheSecondOpinion

@Captain_Yesterday said:

Or not at all...

Also, for those not aware. Unemployment benefits is a huge hit on the taxes, and doesn't do anything to stimulate the economy.

akbogert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 31

#8  Edited By akbogert

@TheSecondOpinion: Actually, food stamps do stimulate the economy. But I'm not here for a debate, and in general I agree people ought to keep their elected officials in mind when they find themselves in dire straights.

Best wishes in finding something. I actually thought you were going to talk about mindset in a different way -- that even though it may not be your choice to be out of a job, it's always your choice to be doing nothing.

...and not to be too trollish, but as a former English major, may I suggest also making today the last day you use "your" when you mean "you're" :P

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By Pyrogram

@akbogert: you're bad attempt at trolling failed.

And yes I baited you with that your're :P

He he :P

DarkxSeraph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By DarkxSeraph

Pyro- Akbogert wasn't trying to troll. I have yet to a single post of his that is an attempt at trolling. Just saying.

impossibilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By impossibilly

@lorbo said:

@TheSecondOpinion said:

Who did you vote for?

Ah a combative question eh? I could say one of three choices, and ALL of them will stir up trolling so I respectively refuse to answer that.

Having the tact and good sense to deflect a combative question like that made you look much more employable in my eyes. Good luck in your job hunt!

Aiden Cross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By Aiden Cross

I know that feeling, and i know how much it can gnaw at your confidence and drive. Best advice i can give you is to set aside your pride and take anything you can get. If you're just out of university and all you can get is a job as a housekeeper. Take it. It may not be what you hoped for when you graduated but it makes you money, keeps you busy and motivated. It's always easier to find a job when you already have something, you will find more job oppurtunities that way. Plus most companies appreciate someone that gets out there and work, instead of sitting at home and hope for that one perfect job to come along. The best way to get a job nowadays is through networking, so attend job fairs, visit companies with your resume, talk to friends/family etc. The most important thing is to be pro-active. And stay positive. It's not you, it's the crappy economy.

FiMFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By FiMFTW

@lorbo said:

This will be the last day your unemployed.

Game Show Host: Let's play 'Spot The Grammatical Error'!

Loki9876

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Loki9876

@FiMFTW: The second phrase is even worse but whatever this is the internet. NO RULES

I hope you find a job.

FiMFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By FiMFTW

@Loki9876: What phrase? What job?

akbogert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By akbogert

I would just like to point out that you posted this thread (with its title) yesterday.

Today I got a contract for the next six weeks.

You're a prophet, man.

lorbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By lorbo

@akbogert said:

I would just like to point out that you posted this thread (with its title) yesterday.

Today I got a contract for the next six weeks.

You're a prophet, man.

What job for crying out loud?!

akbogert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By akbogert

@lorbo: Heh. I did some work for a friend's company in Boston last year. I was interning for a position I ended up choosing not to accept (because I wanted to study to apply to grad school -- which worked out for me, handily), but they told me from time to time they might ask for my services. Turns out this was one such time.

Granted, there will likely be plenty more unemployment in my future, but I found your title amusingly accurate nonetheless.

I hope it becomes just as accurate for you very soon =)

Loki9876

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Loki9876

@FiMFTW: job was meant to the poster.

and this "If you your walking through hell keep walking." I'm quoting.

Omega Ray Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#21  Edited By Omega Ray Jay

I'm rapidly approaching unemployment, it's a scary prospect

TitsteR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By TitsteR

P.S: China is taking your jobs away. What are you americans going to do about it?

Avatar image for gundamheavyarms
GundamHeavyarms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By GundamHeavyarms

Don't beat yourself up so much, I was unemployed for a year before I got an internship. I'll keep looking around, but now I can put 2013 on my resume.

It seems these days that a lot of employers want a 25 year old with ten years experience. It doesn't make sense, and its awful for everyone.

What makes it worse is the lack of empathy, there are a lot of people who view the unemployed as lazy slackers who should shut up and go flip burgers. Or the people who say, "You should have majored in engineering or accounting." Ignoring the fact that STEM fields aren't as safe as the media wants you to think they are.