• 59 results
#1 Posted by YoungJustice (7198 posts) - - Show Bio

Honestly, what is there to live for. My family is constantly fighting.

I used to interfere, try to stop it, but I've given up.

I wonder if I just kill myself and leave a note telling them to stop, if they'll listen.

I just need them to stop.

#2 Posted by kgb725 (7441 posts) - - Show Bio

Woah calm down there how bad is the fighting

#3 Edited by russellmania77 (16630 posts) - - Show Bio
#4 Posted by YoungJustice (7198 posts) - - Show Bio

Really bad, my mom just came down here saying she is going to kill him, I think he left though.

#5 Posted by mikex20 (3048 posts) - - Show Bio

Try getting outside help. A counselor or priest (or equivalent depending on religion) should be willing to help you, but suicide isn't the answer.

#6 Posted by YoungJustice (7198 posts) - - Show Bio

Nevermind he is still here.

#7 Edited by _Gaff_ (3903 posts) - - Show Bio

#8 Posted by judasnixon (8033 posts) - - Show Bio

Family is over rated. It gets better. You need to move far far far far far away from them to an awesome city (Austin, Portland, New Orleans, Gainesiville, Madison). Find yo self a cool hipster asian girl friend, and enjoy life! It gets better.

#9 Edited by Dragonborn_CT (25081 posts) - - Show Bio

@sc Our friend needs help over here.

#10 Posted by BattheMan008 (309 posts) - - Show Bio

Family is over rated. It gets better. You need to move far far far far far away from them to an awesome city (Austin, Portland, New Orleans, Gainesiville, Madison). Find yo self a cool hipster asian girl friend, and enjoy life! It gets better.

Well don't do this. I just guessing this is sarcasm because New Orleans is smelly and Gainesville is a hick town. Also, I once had suicidal thoughts but realized it's not the answer. Plus, you have comics to look forward to!

#12 Posted by judasnixon (8033 posts) - - Show Bio

@judasnixon said:

Well don't do this. I just guessing this is sarcasm because New Orleans is smelly and Gainesville is a hick town. Also, I once had suicidal thoughts but realized it's not the answer. Plus, you have comics to look forward to!

New Orleans is a million times better than what ever $#!% town you live in......

#13 Posted by Wolverine08 (47663 posts) - - Show Bio

Are you serious?

#14 Posted by SC (14413 posts) - - Show Bio

@youngjustice: Hey Young Justice, I am sorry to hear that things are so bad, it sounds like you have a lot of pressure on you from your parents and family and that you feel trapped in a pretty frustrating situation. I know parents for many people can usually fall into the love/hate category, so forgive me for making any assumptions about how you feel towards them, but even if you love them or aren't on the best terms with them, what they are doing to you is really really unfair. Its not your responsibility to make things better for them, or fix things for them. They as adults should be doing that themselves and they should be making sure that you are okay. I am sorry if you do not feel okay or if they love doesn't transition that well into creating a healthier environment for you.

I know this might sound like really annoying and frustrating, but as other posters have said, time will honesty help your situation. Hurting or killing yourself is not the right thing to do for yourself or your parents either. I know you might have reached a point of frustration and anxiety and pain that might make you feel like its warranted but its worth it to fight back as hard as you can, try and remember friends, try and remember your favorite things and experiencing them. Just start with small and simple things, things that remind you why you are happy to be alive. Just short term goals to try and make yourself feel better and get to a healthy state of mind. If you attend a school of some sort then you should also have access to some sort of student counseling in which case you should definitely inquire. Any adult sources that can offer you refuge, help assistance, and just a place with no one arguing and no guilt trips and just a safe place to think, thats what would be helpful yes?

If its okay with you, could I send you a PM? I have had some personal experience with family infighting, my parents used to fight physically, as well as verbally and it was horrible. I didn't really know what would happen to me in the future, or how life could be outside that toxic situation. I was also younger I am assuming than you are when this happened, (would happen from when I was born all the way up to when I was around 9) so your even in a trickier situation than I was, because your more mature and intelligent and probably more negatively impacted on with such situations.

In a few years though your going to be financially independent, which will mean your own career, and place to live, friends and life will be better and thats what you deserve. Thats where I am right now, and thats where almost all the people I know in similar situations are as well. Family situation might be better too, hopefully. I know that must sound annoying and frustrating as well, having to rely on the future, and things should be better for you now.

Until then try and remember your a strong cool dude and you have friends at CV and we will try and give you support as well man. ^_^

#15 Posted by danhimself (21226 posts) - - Show Bio

#teenagerproblems

#16 Posted by TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642 (2288 posts) - - Show Bio
#17 Posted by hart7668 (2331 posts) - - Show Bio

Could be worse. You could be living in the West Bank or the Gaza Strip. Where your problems include increased guerilla warfare and the possibility of your house blowing up at any time.

#18 Posted by MonsterStomp (23549 posts) - - Show Bio

I've had those days.

#19 Posted by Yokergeist (12483 posts) - - Show Bio

@youngjustice:

Life is a beautiful gift, even if it seems bad. Don't waste it.

#20 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (19230 posts) - - Show Bio

I have contemplated suicide in the past. But I could never go through with it. And I realize that I have things to live for and there are people I care and love too much to leave them behind.

And I know that might not sound like much good considering your current situation right now. But you have to remember that you are person. A person who is worth love and affection and understanding and friendship. Those things are worth living for. Even if currently you feel the opposite. Please remember that though, because it is true.

I barely know you but I know that to be true, since you are a fellow human being. And a fellow human being who is worth the same.

And if there is anyone you can turn to, be it friends, or other family do so.

#21 Posted by TheCheeseStabber (8195 posts) - - Show Bio

Dont die :[

I'll miss you, and I'm pretty great so you have me to live for :]

Night is Darkest Just Before Batman Goes out on Patrol :]

<33333333333333333333333

#22 Posted by JediXMan (32054 posts) - - Show Bio

There is always something to live for. Always remember that.

You can't let others affect your life like that. No matter what somebody else does you says to you, that's about them, not you.

#23 Posted by Impy (127 posts) - - Show Bio

Are you serious?

#teenagerproblems

@hart7668 said:

Could be worse. You could be living in the West Bank or the Gaza Strip. Where your problems include increased guerilla warfare and the possibility of your house blowing up at any time.

Shut the f*** up. You idiots aren't helping a damn thing. This kid's got serious problems and needs help, not people telling him his problems aren't important.

@youngjustice: Hang in there. If you live in the U.S., there should be a government agency that can help you out. Sorry I don't know exactly which one...

Also, here's the number for the suicide prevention hotline (if you live in the U.S.): 1-800-273-8255.

I've been in a situation like yours before. It was nowhere near as bad, but I have an idea of how you feel. I second what @sc said. Just keep going; it'll be over someday.

#24 Posted by Ostyo (11572 posts) - - Show Bio
#25 Edited by Wolverine08 (47663 posts) - - Show Bio

@impy: No, I do not have to "Shut the f*** up". I asked if he was serious because I was wondering if this was an in the moment reaction after having a bad incident or day we have all felt at some point in our lives or something that has been build up from held in emotions. How about you go f%ck yourself?

#26 Edited by TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642 (2288 posts) - - Show Bio

@impy: No, I do not have to "Shut the f*** up". I asked if he was serious because I was wondering if this was an in the moment reaction after having a bad incident or day we have all felt at some point in our lives or something that has been build up from held in emotions. How about you go f%ck yourself?

The claws have officially been snikted.

#27 Posted by Wolverine08 (47663 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08 said:

*SNIKTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT*

#28 Posted by Wolverine08 (47663 posts) - - Show Bio
#29 Edited by Impy (127 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08 said:

I don't think you've ever felt truly suicidal before, because it sure as hell isn't an in-the-moment reaction. If you really wanted to ask if he was feeling truly suicidal, you should have said something less callous-sounding than "[a]re you serious?" However, I am truly sorry if I misunderstood your comment.

As for going and f**king myself, that's actually a pretty good idea. Will do.

#30 Posted by Wolverine08 (47663 posts) - - Show Bio

@impy said:

@wolverine08 said:

I don't think you've ever felt truly suicidal before, because it sure as hell isn't an in-the-moment reaction. If you really wanted to ask if he was feeling truly suicidal, you should have said something less callous-sounding than "[a]re you serious?"

As for going and f**king myself, that's actually a pretty good idea. Will do.

I'm not going to squabble with you on a thread for someone in such a terrible emotional state. You want to argue and trade insults? I can do that on any other thread with you but this one.

#31 Posted by Saint_Wildcard (13684 posts) - - Show Bio

I never know how to respond to serious things. All I can say is any thought of suicide should be followed by realizing that there are worse things happening out there, There are kids in africa who's family members and friends are dying but they want to live. A harsher approach than what most are doing here but that's how I look at it. Seek help, a teacher, a priest (or whatever you believe in holy man) an other family member.

#32 Posted by longbowhunter (8467 posts) - - Show Bio

@youngjustice: Sounds like my family. I had a lot of suicidal thoughts as when I was young because of all the fighting in my home. Even went to counciling for it. As an adult I have no contact with my extended family. Some people just can't be helped.

#33 Posted by darkbeam (2784 posts) - - Show Bio

@youngjustice: it's all right man I have family problems to but the secret is to spend as much time away from home as possible so if you want to go to the library or to the mall do it as long as your away from home,and if they get in another fight why your there try taking a nice walk it really helps out.

#34 Posted by Impy (127 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08: I'm not trying to "argue and trade insults". Notice the modification I made to my post where I said "I am truly sorry if I misunderstood your comment." I'm trying to help this dude, not fight with anybody.

#35 Posted by Wolverine08 (47663 posts) - - Show Bio

@impy:

You're first post definitely sounded like someone looking for an argument with you telling multiple people to shut the f%ck up.

#36 Edited by Deadite (25091 posts) - - Show Bio
@youngjustice said:

Honestly, what is there to live for. My family is constantly fighting.

I used to interfere, try to stop it, but I've given up.

I wonder if I just kill myself and leave a note telling them to stop, if they'll listen.

I just need them to stop.

Read some of your other threads before. Felt like I know you, at least in comic vine standard, which is good enough for me, but now I read this. Sorry that this is happening to you, man.

Hope things gets better soon

Just free-balling an idea, give both of them anonymous gifts, secretly, don't let them know who sent the gifts. Maybe that will cheer them up.

Or, you know, move out like I did when you get the chance.

#37 Posted by TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642 (2288 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08: Completely agree which is why I love these heartfelt moments with guys like Superman and Captain America so much since they're so rare and sparse they can make you teary eyed. Just a scan to show you how this moment in All Star Superman affected someone so greatly.

@theincrediblesuperhulk8642 said:

@wolverine08 said:

*SNIKTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT*

I'm just going to fly up here so I don't get any blood on my cape

#38 Edited by Impy (127 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08 said:

@impy:

You're first post definitely sounded like someone looking for an argument with you telling multiple people to shut the f%ck up.

No. I wasn't looking for an argument. I saw people being discouraging and I felt the need to try and counteract it. Again, I am sorry if I misjudged your comment. Or anybody's for that matter.

#39 Posted by Wolverine08 (47663 posts) - - Show Bio

@impy said:

@wolverine08 said:

@impy:

No. I wasn't looking for an argument. I saw people being discouraging and I felt the need to try and counteract it. Again, I am sorry if I misjudged your comment. Or anybody's for that matter.

Gah, it's okay man. I think I can now see how my comment came off as callous.

#40 Posted by hart7668 (2331 posts) - - Show Bio

@impy: Feeling self-righteous over the Internet, are we?

#41 Posted by Impy (127 posts) - - Show Bio

@hart7668: Nope. I'm feeling angry because you at least seemed to be trying to discount this kid's problems. And I'd say the same damn thing to you in person.

#42 Posted by DoomGuy (790 posts) - - Show Bio

You should go talk to someone about all this. Suicide is the cowards way out. Don't ever turn to suicide. Be strong.

#43 Posted by Impy (127 posts) - - Show Bio
#44 Posted by patzello (486 posts) - - Show Bio

@youngjustice: Well, first of all, good on you for saying something to someone.

I couldn't pretend to know your life or what is going on, but the one thing I can say for certain is that today is only 24 hours. Even when the moments suck, they are still moments.

Not to over-simplify, but do what you need to to get through this one, then that coping tool is something to use next time.

And if I keep on talking I will start spouting cliché.

Private message me if you would like to talk more personally. I know I don't know you, but sometimes a strangers ear is the best kind.

#45 Edited by YoungJustice (7198 posts) - - Show Bio

@everyone: I'm doing fine now, to the people who sent me PM's, CV's broke.

All I can say is thank you. You are beautiful people :)

To the people who wanted to be sarcastic or jacka$$es, I hope you all soon grow up, because you are clowns .

#46 Edited by Impy (127 posts) - - Show Bio

@youngjustice said:

@everyone: I'm doing fine now, to the people who sent me PM's, CV's broke.

All I can say is thank you. You are beautiful people :)

To the people who wanted to be sarcastic or jacka$$es, I hope you all soon grow up, because you are clowns .

Glad you're feeling better!

I wasn't being a jackass, was I? I certainly hope I was helpful.

#47 Posted by YoungJustice (7198 posts) - - Show Bio

@impy: No no no. I should call out the people who were, but I'd be no better than them.

#48 Posted by patzello (486 posts) - - Show Bio

@youngjustice: I would give you a fist bump, but I would only be punching my phone...

#49 Posted by Impy (127 posts) - - Show Bio
#50 Posted by Wolverine08 (47663 posts) - - Show Bio

@youngjustice: Hey mate, I can see from your OP that you are going through some emotionally tasking stuff right. Emotions can a tricky and confusing thing to deal with as I know from experience. But you can't let them eat away at you and destroy you. You have to confront and not just cobble them up inside. I know it is tough and you might even feel the world is against you, but don't give up. I bet you will even look back at this day seeing all the great things you have and life and rejoice that you didn't end yourself.

I hope that wasn't too corny mate :)