• 69 results
#1 Posted by Inverno (13057 posts) - - Show Bio

Everyone hates when certain thing happen in movies they watch, no exceptions. Here my personal examples:

- Anti-climatic and/or no resolution endings (Gamer)

- Sex scenes that come out of nowhere. Its really awkward (all of Uwe Boll movies)

- Editing magic in fantasy settings that is used when convenient to the plot and needs no explanation (Thor)

- Forced romance where the couple have no discernible reason to be together (Twlight)

- Really long and dragged OUT endings (Transformers series)

So what really pisses you off when you see in movies even if its a movie you like.

#2 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

This guy

#3 Posted by NlGHTCRAWLER (2898 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991 said:

This guy

The Notebook was an awesome movie.

I hate it when in action movies someone drops a gun and it goes off which is virtually impossible. Also, getting knocked out unconscious in movies isn't as dangerous as it would be in real life. If someone hit you hard enough to make you black out, then chances are you will be seeing some type of brain or nerve damage.

#4 Posted by Mercy_ (92444 posts) - - Show Bio

Boston accents.

Moderator Online
#5 Posted by Rickbarry (1752 posts) - - Show Bio

Brad Pitt and his four hour movies.

#6 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@Mercy_ said:
Boston accents.
Don't be a haytar  

=P 

I despite Dutch Angles in films (refer to the 1960s Batman television series if you don't know what Dutch Angles are). I also dislike pretentious "over-direction", where a director strives to be unique or creative, to the detriment of a cohesive story. The classic example of this is Natural Born Killers. 
#7 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84484 posts) - - Show Bio

Actors being replaced in sequels. Love Don Cheadle but the dude looks nothing like Terrance Howard....

#8 Posted by webofthornns (670 posts) - - Show Bio

Mine isn't so much with the movie but the people in the theater itself...if wanted to hear you talk for 2 hours I'd call you. Why pay to get into a movie and then talk through the whole thing!

#9 Posted by nickthedevil (11543 posts) - - Show Bio

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

I hate it when in action movies someone drops a gun and it goes off which is virtually impossible.

No it isn't. it's happened.

if you still say it's impossible say that to the countless people who've died from dropped guns firing off.

or ask to see my Gramps foot.

#11 Edited by progenitor (7532 posts) - - Show Bio

Uwe Boll just pisses me off altogether.

#12 Posted by Pokeysteve (8018 posts) - - Show Bio

In slasher movies when the hero finally knocks down the killer and he's hurt........then they run away. Get down there and cut that b!tch.

Bad guys can't aim.

People jumping through glass like it's no big deal and with out a scratch afterwards.

#13 Posted by SupremeHyperion (1523 posts) - - Show Bio

making a movie based off of an already established brand or company license and then change the material to fit an audience that won't know something has been changed. (damn comic movies that I love, always making me upset)

-Ya bad shooting (on both good and bad sides)

-casting the same person to fill two or more iconic roles in movies involving the same medium (greenlanter/deadpool, humantorch/capamerica).

or switching actors to play the same role in multiple films (bruce banners, although I liked them all, warmachine etc.)

-pointless sex scenes just to have them (watchmen was super guilty of this)

-anything with Dane Cook in it

-making sequels that have nothing to do with the movie series itself (halloween 3, american pie)

-I hate people who force themselves to like movies because they think they have to like them. (tyler perry movies, any movie with an ethnic flavor that is horribly stereotypical or pushes to one main demographic) (I'm danish but I don't like all movies about vikings, but erik the viking was definitely one of the best movies ever)

#14 Posted by nickthedevil (11543 posts) - - Show Bio

Please tell me ou aren't usin cracked.com as your source of information...

#15 Posted by SupremeHyperion (1523 posts) - - Show Bio

who? you mean cracked the magazine, people still resource that?

#16 Posted by ARMIV2 (8279 posts) - - Show Bio

This is recent, but when you got to see the Avengers and people are still saying that Batman can beat all of them.

I also hate forced love/sex scenes. If you don't know how to write romance all you have to do is say so.

#17 Posted by Ms. Omega (4403 posts) - - Show Bio

Twilight & Amnesia.....

#18 Posted by Aiden Cross (15562 posts) - - Show Bio

Obligatory romance.

And the whole damsel in distress thing.

#19 Posted by cattlebattle (12579 posts) - - Show Bio

White Americans are so misrepresented in movies

They always have some good, high paying 9-5 job, live in a roomy, fancy house or apartment in their mid-late twenties or early thirties, have their life together except for one crucial detail (usually what the movies about) Everyone is marginally intelligent, well groomed etc...they go on dates with other super attractive white people

I am white and grew up in a racially diverse ghetto and have never met people like this...If I did, I would be inclined to mug them for having such an easy life...

#20 Posted by Cozy_Da_Djed_Eye (9947 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle said:

White Americans are so misrepresented in movies They always have some good, high paying 9-5 job, live in a roomy, fancy house or apartment in their mid-late twenties or early thirties, have their life together except for one crucial detail (usually what the movies about) Everyone is marginally intelligent, well groomed etc...they go on dates with other super attractive white people I am white and grew up in a racially diverse ghetto and have never met people like this...If I did, I would be inclined to mug them for having such an easy life...

lol I knew plenty of white folk who look like the ones in the movies. They never let me play in their reindeer games.

On Topic: I hate love scenes.

#21 Posted by TheBatman586 (6316 posts) - - Show Bio
Movies being made in 3-D, that don't need to be.
Also, movies that are constantly re-released on different formats 
*coughcoughStarWarscoughcough*

@ARMIV2 said:

This is recent, but when you got to see the Avengers and people are still saying that Batman can beat all of them.

But he can beat them...
#22 Posted by ARMIV2 (8279 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheBatman586 said:

Movies being made in 3-D, that don't need to be.
Also, movies that are constantly re-released on different formats
*coughcoughStarWarscoughcough*

@ARMIV2 said:

But he can beat them...

You're talking in movie sales, right?

#23 Posted by TheBatman586 (6316 posts) - - Show Bio
@ARMIV2
#24 Posted by utotheg38 (18883 posts) - - Show Bio

When people go to a comic movie and say stupid things to people who don't know anything about comics like "Iron man is batman's older brother, That's where he get's his gadgets from" >_>

#25 Posted by ARMIV2 (8279 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheBatman586 said:

@ARMIV2:
#26 Posted by ntb1124 (949 posts) - - Show Bio

To be continued endings,

and also.............................I will tell you in my next post........

#27 Posted by Inverno (13057 posts) - - Show Bio

@ntb1124 said:

To be continued endings,

Is Oong gonna be able to master the four elements before the Fire Comet comes? Is Prince Zukoh gonna regain his honor? Is M.Night Smawalkshds be able to regain his status as respected director?

I don't know... Who the f cares?

#28 Posted by Kastiel (8919 posts) - - Show Bio

Building a character and suddenly killing him off for no given reason. 

#29 Posted by ntb1124 (949 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kastiel said:

Building a character and suddenly killing him off for no given reason.

Or not building a character but then doing a dramatic death scene that I am supposed to care about!!!!

#30 Posted by Vincent92 (261 posts) - - Show Bio

@SupremeHyperion said:

or switching actors to play the same role in multiple films (bruce banners, although I liked them all, warmachine etc.)

-pointless sex scenes just to have them (watchmen was super guilty of this)

well watchmen had alot of sex scenes in it cause the comics did as well and i feel you on the switching actors thing, it pissed me off

#31 Posted by Cozy_Da_Djed_Eye (9947 posts) - - Show Bio

@utotheg38 said:

When people go to a comic movie and say stupid things to people who don't know anything about comics like "Iron man is batman's older brother, That's where he get's his gadgets from" >_>

wdf, lol. Does that even happen?

#32 Posted by HolySerpent (12454 posts) - - Show Bio

Dance movies

#33 Posted by utotheg38 (18883 posts) - - Show Bio

@CozyDaPrynce said:

@utotheg38 said:

wdf, lol. Does that even happen? guy said It in '08 when I went to see dark knight. XD

#34 Posted by Cozy_Da_Djed_Eye (9947 posts) - - Show Bio

@utotheg38 said:

@CozyDaPrynce said:

@utotheg38 said:

wdf, lol. Does that even happen? guy said It in '08 when I went to see dark knight. XD

Pff, wow.

#35 Posted by ntb1124 (949 posts) - - Show Bio

@CozyDaPrynce said:

@utotheg38 said:

@CozyDaPrynce said:

@utotheg38 said:

Pff, wow.

I am sure it pisses people off when people go to a comic movie and point out why the movie is not faithful to the character/comic etc....

#36 Posted by Inverno (13057 posts) - - Show Bio

@ntb1124 said:

@CozyDaPrynce said:

@utotheg38 said:

@CozyDaPrynce said:

@utotheg38 said:

Pff, wow.

I am sure it pisses people off when people go to a comic movie and point out why the movie is not faithful to the character/comic etc....

Most complains I've heard my locals complaining about The Avengers is that this movie doesn't have Wasp and Ant-Man.

#37 Posted by GLforHIRE (453 posts) - - Show Bio

-movies that all end up being a dream or something

-ya bad guys who cant shoot (thank you george lucas)

-short action heros (F you mark walberg)

-How in horror movies none of the minor good guys can fight...someone teach these guys how to throw a punch

#38 Posted by Ebbm (1118 posts) - - Show Bio

When there is some sort of countdown and they drag it out and everything turns out all right just in the nick of time.

#39 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (7535 posts) - - Show Bio

Not sticking to sources.

Movies based on books, comics, games, etc...

Drives me nuts.

#40 Posted by utotheg38 (18883 posts) - - Show Bio

@BiteMe-Fanboy said:

Not sticking to sources.

Movies based on books, comics, games, etc...

Drives me nuts.

agree

#41 Posted by Hot_Karl (288 posts) - - Show Bio

The "Idiot Plot" where in a given film, everyone is a moron (mostly due to the arbitrary limits imposed by the screenplay) and says the wrong thing at exactly the wrong time, though all problems would be solved if someone just came clean.

For example, in the Adam Sandler movie Just Go With It, the entirety of the film doesn't have to take place, at all. If Adam Sandler straight up confesses his womanizing cad schtick to Brooklyn Decker 15 minutes into the film, you'd be able to roll credits right then and there. Instead, because he's a moron, he crafts a lie & goes out of his way to get everyone else to take part in this farce, even though it's totally obvious that he's lying every step of the way.

#42 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio
  • Unnecessary race changes if the film is based off of a specific source material (Kingpin from Daredevil. I like Michael Clarke Duncan, but they really couldn't get a James Gandalfini in there?)
  • A beginning that isn't remotely interesting and fails to lure me in within the first 10 minutes (Ang Lee's Hulk)
  • Really bad actors and actresses who continue to get work because lord knows why (Any/all actors and actresses from Twilight)
  • Tyler Perry (No explaination required)
  • Unnecessary remakes/reboots (Friday the 13th, Nightmare on Elm Street, etc.)
#43 Posted by sesquipedalophobe (4691 posts) - - Show Bio
  • James Cameron.
  • Britney Mur---oh wait. Structuring films around seemingly hopeless elitists you still hate till the credits roll. The characters only learn to be better people to fit their agendas and because it's convenient, not as an actual evolution of characterization.
  • Happy, magical endings.
  • Little bloopers left in films. I know they do these things on purpose. For instance, in that crappy movie Jumper the father sat outside his son's door begging him to come home (or some nonsense), however he ignored the fact that the latch was on his side that time.
  • CGI in certain films. Godzilla worked fine without CGI for decades.
  • Child actors. They aren't adorable or say the darnedest things. Even the good child actors have some flaws in their performances. I vote that Hollywood only use German Shepherds to play kids, because they're better listeners.

Now the one thing that has always bugged me is cheesy pet scenes in world devastation movies.

• Independence Day: Dog in tunnel jumps into Vivica Fox's arms, just out of the fire's reach.
  • The Day After Tomorrow: Dog runs into room before the temperature drop spreads throughout the library and the door is shut just in time so everyone can drink hot cocoa.
  • 2012: The Russian lady dies in a chamber being quickly filled with water, but she pushes her little dog through. I actually heard my sister give a sigh of relief that the dog had lived, but three days prior to that she ran over a dog in the road and didn't seem too concerned.
#44 Posted by krilling (2488 posts) - - Show Bio

Love relations which almost every film contains. I hate people in love.

#45 Posted by KainScion (2973 posts) - - Show Bio

stupid bale batman voice

#46 Posted by jinxuandi (594 posts) - - Show Bio
  • Unnecessary 3D re-releases when 3D adds nothing to the film (see Titanic)
  • Casting actors who don't fit the part because they're attractive (happens more often with women)
  • Overuse of contemporary music in the soundtrack (a few songs here or there are fine, but most movies don't benefit recent music from in every other scene)
  • Rich white people problems in romantic comedies ("oh, please feel sorry for me, I don't have enough time to balance my job as a business executive with my desire to be with my high school sweetheart!")

@Gambit1024 said:

• Unnecessary race changes if the film is based off of a specific source material (Kingpin from Daredevil. I like Michael Clarke Duncan, but they really couldn't get a James Gandalfini in there?)

I agree with your point in general, but I thought Duncan did a good job with the part. In fact, it was the only thing I liked about the movie.

#47 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio

Generic endings.

#48 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

@jinxuandi: Oh, I did too, don't get me wrong. I just couldn't think of anything off the top of my head.

#49 Edited by Billy Batson (57741 posts) - - Show Bio

Not in movies but in movie theaters: one arm rest for two people...wtf?
BB

#50 Posted by Inverno (13057 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd like to add Opening Narration sequences...

Its a glaring sign that I am watching a really bad movie...