TheCannon Reviews: Impact Wrestling 3/6/15

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

Edited By TheCannon

Hey there guys, I’m TheCannon, bringing you another review. Tonight TNA continues the UK tour with the March 6, 2015 edition of Impact Wrestling. How would the show turn out? Let’s find out.

No Caption Provided

Show opens with the BDC coming out. They show recaps of of the title match last week with Drew Galloway interfering. Not gonna give credit to Gunner or Bobby Roode? Okay then. Kenny King gets the mic and says he’s done research about Galloway and knows he’s some sort of chosen one, and something about how Galloway has messed up by involving himself in BDC’s fun (beating up Al Snow & Grado) and business (world title match), so they want revenge (or something). MVP grabs the mic and says that Galloway interfered in their business, but he’s gonna give Galloway a chance to come out, explain himself, and apologize. Galloway shows up in the crowd and starts responding to them. He says that the BDC tried to steal the world title when they didn’t deserve it, and that stuff like that should be determined in arenas like this around the world or something like that. He says that these weren’t sports entertainment fans, they were professional wrestling fans! Ugh, shots at the WWE. While I don’t like the WWE in any way, I really don’t think TNA’s in a position to be taking shots at them. Galloway says that the BDC wasn’t just screwing Lashley or Roode, he was screwing... he then asks the audience for his name, someone responds with John, and he says they were screwing John. He then does that another two or three times. He says some sh*t about wanting to give the fans a voice or something like that. I don’t know, everything he said was blending together. Kenny ends up challenging him, and Galloway says that he’ll face Kenny right now if the rest of the BDC goes to the back. So that’s gonna happen right now.

Yeah, I really wasn’t a fan of this segment. Galloway really didn’t impress me with his mic work, and his whole thing about him being a voice for the fans I don’t care much for. But The Wolves aren’t really good on the mic and Sanada doesn’t even speak English, yet I’m a big fan of them, so maybe Galloway can win me over with his in-ring skills...

Match #1 - Kenny King vs. Drew Galloway

...or not. Yeah, this match wasn’t very good. I already know Kenny King is great, so I really gotta put the blame on Drew Galloway. He just didn’t impress me at all. He’s not terrible and I’ve seen far worse, but I didn’t think he was good either. Just a generic guy with nothing about to stand out really. I will say that he is very attractive, but I’m far more concerned with wrestling ability & mic skills, and Galloway didn't show much good in either. Hopefully he impresses me more in the future, but he didn’t make a good first impression. Finish comes when Galloway hits some sort of move (I think it was some form of a DDT) and gets the win. Is it a rule with this company that you immediately beat Kenny King when you debut?

Winner via pinfall: Drew Galloway

Bobby Roode comes out. He immediately says that Eric Young cost him the world title and ended his career, but he’s still standing! He says that tonight he becomes #1 contender for the world title, and no one will get in his way! Kurt Angle’s music then hits and Angle asks him if he said nothing will get in his way. He then says that he’ll become #1 contender tonight, and if Roode has a problem, they don’t have to wait. Both of these guys are faces by the way. As Angle begins to walk down, EY attacks Roode in ring. Angle gets in his face and runs him off, then Roode & Angle stare down each other. Just a reminder: Roode & Angle are faces in this.

Backstage, we have James Storm and Bram in the same scene! All we need is Aries, EC3, & Zema in here too and I’ll die from happiness. Storm tries to recruit Bram into the Revolution. Storm says that he likes what Bram did to Magnus and tonight he needs Bram to end Matt’s career. Bram says that he likes what Storm did to Jeff Hardy and thinks about Storm’s offer. Scene wasn’t much, but it does seem to be building up to something, so let’s hope it actually goes somewhere.

During commercials, they hyped up the March 20 episode of Impact hyping up the world title match between Angle & Lashley. WHAT THE HELL? I already knew this match was happening because I read the spoilers (don’t like to, but I can’t help myself), but it’s still ridiculous that they hype this up. That means we already know who wins the main event tonight! Who is in charge of marketing here?!?

Match #2 - Bram vs. Matt Hardy

Any particular reason this match is happening? Not that I’m complaining about Bram getting some screen time, just wondering. This match wasn’t anything special, but it was better than I thought it’d be. Bram looked pretty good, which is great for him. I really liked the finish. Bram is in the corner and Matt is getting set up for some sort of move on him, but as he’s running, Bram pulls the ref in front of him to stop Matt. Matt moves the ref back out of the way and Bram low blows him followed by the Bright Side of Suffering, and gets the win. Awesome to see Bram getting a win over what TNA believes is a star. I like Bram and think he has a promising future, so hopefully this kind of booking continues for him.

Winner via Bram Goodness: Bram

Afterwards Bram grabs part of a turnbuckle from underneath the ring. Before he can use it, Magnus makes his return and takes it away from Bram before beginning to beat on him. Bram rolls out of the ring while Magnus grabs a mic. Magnus says some stuff about his son which is terrible. It’s great he seems to be doing well off-screen with his family, but he’s doomed if he’s gonna be talking about this all the time. He then says how this isn’t about titles or money, it’s personal and something about Bram’s blood on the ground of England. That line was much better. Glad to see Magnus back, and this is actually my favorite storyline in TNA right now. Hope it continues.

Rockstar Spud comes out, getting a cheap pop by wearing a British flag suit. He says that the past few months have been some of the worst of his life but the fans got it through of. He calls out Ethan Carter III and asks for no Tyrus, just the two of them. EC3 comes out and Spud says he wants to fight him and that it’s going to end with the two of them. EC3 says that Spud doesn’t get to challenge people like him, something about him carrying the company on his back for the future, while Spud is . EC3 begins talking about how great he is until Spud tells him to shut up. Spud says he knows EC3 is undefeated, beat every TNA Hall of Famer, etc. because he was there for all that. They say stuff and Spud eventually challenges him to a match in London next week. EC3 ends up agreeing to it if Spud puts up his hair, and Spud convinces EC3 to put his hair on the line as well, meaning we have a hair vs. hair match next week between Spud & EC3. EC3 begins to walk off before reminding Spud, “In this world, the bad guy wins.” Overall an okay scene that set up the match next week nicely, but I’m really done with this whole EC3/Spud storyline. Hope it ends next week and EC3 can move on to something better.

Match #3 - TNA Knockouts Championship: Taryn Terrell (c) vs. Awesome Kong

What has Kong done to earn this title match? She’s attacked a few people and beat Havok a month ago, but what else has she done? Anyway, the match wasn’t very good. Taryn got in some offense, and Kong dominated. Went to a DQ when Kong wouldn’t stop holding her foot on her neck while Taryn was grabbing the ropes. Kong beats her up for a little bit until Gail Kim runs down and she ends up brawling with Kong. I truthfully barely paid attention to this, I just didn’t care. Taryn has nice hair is all I took away from this.

Winner via DQ and STILL TNA Knockouts Champion: Taryn Terrell

Match #4 - TNA World Tag Team Championships: The Revolution (James Storm & Abyss) (c) vs. The Wolves (Davey Richards & Eddie Edwards)

I say this a lot, but I’ll say it again: The Revolution has one of the coolest themes in wrestling today. Rest of the Revolution doesn’t come out with Storm & Abyss, but it turns out that was so they could attack The Wolves when they came out.

The match was a real clusterf*ck, but had some entertaining spots. There’s one point where The Wolves do several suicide dives on Manik & Sanada and Storm & Abyss, and Koya gets up on the apron to yell at them. They just kick him off. Did he really expect much? The finish was insanely overbooked and hard to describe, so I’ll just summarize it by saying Matt Hardy came down, hit the twist of fate on Abyss, and the Wolves get the win. So, The Wolves win the titles by interference? Seems very heelish. But still, while I like the Revolution, nice to see The Wolves with the belts. Easily the best team in TNA right now. Revolution with the belts was fun and they made it work, but Wolves are better in the long run. My biggest question where do they go from here? A few more matches with the Revolution would happen I assume, and maybe the Hardys again, but then where? Though I think I heard something about Eddie getting injured at a recent set of tapings, so they may not have to worry about it for a while. Regardless, it’s just nice to see The Wolves with the belts.

Winners via pinfall and NEW TNA World Tag Team Champions: The Wolves (Davey Richards & Eddie Edwards)

Match #5 - Kurt Angle vs. Eric Young vs. Bobby Roode

Winner becomes #1 contender for the world title. This match wasn’t that great. Not bad, but nothing stood out either. Problem is it doesn’t seem like Angle can go as well as he used to, so we got a lot of filler. The final few minutes of the match were practically the same moves over and over. We also got the typical powerbomb in the corner thing TNA loves to do in multi-man matches. Finish comes when Young hits Roode with a chair from outside the ring, but Angle manages to knock EY off the apron and hits the Angle Slam on Roode, getting the win. This might be more impressive & surprising, IF THEY HADN’T ALREADY TOLD US. Seriously TNA, who thought that was a good move? It might have been Destination America and not TNA, but either way it’s stupid. After the match Lashley comes down and ends up staring down with Angle. So yeah, can’t say I’m too excited about this match. I love Kurt, he’s one of my all time favorites, but he just really shouldn’t be in ring this much any more, especially for the world title. Without thinking I could probably name 10 guys who should get a title match first. Still, I’ll just keep hope that he & Lashley can deliver a good match, but I doubt it.

Winner via pinfall: Kurt Angle

Overall Impressions:

Tonight’s show I thought was decent. Really glad to see the Bram/Magnus storyline going well and hope that continues to do as well as it currently is. Wolves/Revolution was a clusterf*ck but had some fun moments. Look forward to see what both groups do in the future. And I’m interested in EC3/Spud next week, though I hope that ends this feud and we move on to new things for EC3. Other than that, just usual stuff for TNA. Nothing too bad, but nothing stands out much either. I like what Eric Young has shown in his new character, but he didn’t showcase it fully tonight. And I’m still not sold on the idea of Angle in the world title picture, but I’ll give him a chance. Didn’t care about the knockouts and wasn’t impressed by Galloway, but I’ll give both chances in the future to see if they do more for me (doubt it though). Regardless, pretty decent show that got me interested in the future. That’s it for the review and I hope you enjoyed it. Tell me what you thought of tonight’s show or the review in the comments, and maybe congratulate me for actually getting this out on time. Regardless of what you have to say (if anything), thanks for reading and I’ll see you guys next time.

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

I know this might not happen....But my dream is to have Impact Wrestling vs WWE. Just like monday night wars... except more epic. Great review.

Pizzaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I really hope that the BDC and the Revolution have a gang war to see who controls TNA. All the other superstars just try to survive.

KritikalMassX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#3  Edited By KritikalMassX

I did find it funny and cool that Drew McIntyre Galloway took a jab at WWE when he said that these are not "sports entertainment" fans but "professional wrestling" fans. It was still a good show.

terry2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I did find it funny and cool that Drew McIntyre Galloway took a jab at WWE when he said that these are not "sports entertainment" fans but "professional wrestling" fans. It was still a good show.