Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I wonder if Yennefer comes back or something. Saw a chick that looked it her. Anyways...it does look amazing. The games keep getting better and better. I just hope it has better combat than 2.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks pretty sweet, is it offered for PC? I assume it is. Don't really want to fork over $400 bucks or so for an xbone.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74
deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey guys is Witcher 2 worth buying? I was gonna get it at Target for 20 bucks. Is it similar to Skyrim?

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: Melee combat was just really tough. Most enemies can't be stunned through sword attacks and counterattacking was kinda wonky. In a lot of fights early on you had to resort to use fire or ard sign, run away, rinse repeat. Not to mention enemies do a ton of damage on even normal mode and sometimes there are just too many. This coupled with what I said before about nothing being able to stun enemies through melee made it kinda hard. With a certain kill you can just get an instant kill if you have the energy which makes stuff feel kinda cheap end game. You really had to prep for fights which kinda took away from the experience IMHO. Playing on the hardest mode wasn't as bad since I knew what to expect.

@eisenfaustehttp://www.amazon.com/The-Witcher-3-Wild-Hunt-Pc/dp/B00FUC6SZY

@silkyballfro94 It's nothing like skyrim. If I had to compare it to anything I'd say Dragon Age. It's not completely open world. Each chapter has it's own area. It's much much harder in the sense that you have to prepare and there's a lot of trial and error. You amount of damage you do to an enemy depends on whether you use a silver or steel sword. Silver is for magical enemies while steel is for humans. Through racking up combos you gain momentum which speeds up the attack. You can counter as well and use spells but they require energy. You can't take your potions during a fight, only during. The story, paths you can take, decent amount of side quests, looting, crafting, environments and overall length of the game make up for the dents in combat. Which is still fun! Just take getting used to and there's a lot of trial and error. if you go into thinking it's like Skyrim, you will be let down. It's old school RPG in a sense and will take getting used to or just be a real fan of RPGs.

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

This trailer looked amazing in almost every aspect.

Avatar image for oosupermanthathoeoo
oOSupermanThatHoeOo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shit didn't realize you posted this. BUMP BOTH THREADS this is f@cking amazing!!!!!!! I feel seriously bad for anyone who didn't atleast play The Witcher 2, then you'd know what you're in for.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@darthaznable: But that was kinda the point, they made the game so you couldn't go in swing swords and hacking everybody up, you needed to be a lot more tactical by preparing correctly before battle, using the right swords and oils and use the dodging to it's maximum. It is a high learning curve compared to other fantasy rpgs but once your over it it's not so bad.

oOSupermanThatHoeOo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthaznable: This game IS going to be open world though, and is going to be what Elder Scrolls has always been trying to be. CDProjektRed are ambitious innnovators, I'm almost entirely certain TW3 will outclass Skyrim. It's a western rpg, with almost every classic TES element only more weighted and detailed. Fans of Skyrim would adore The Witcher 2, there is enough there to sate an individual's exploratory needs as well ( although it isn't as abundant ). I'm actually replaying it with mods, I might post some screen shots here as I actually put in all new textures and increased the render distance 300 percent lol, my gpu's are coughing blood but it's so pretty.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74
deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthaznable: thanks man for the info. I'll probably end up buying this.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theacidskull: Apparently you'll be ok to play this one, at least that's what they said.

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey guys is Witcher 2 worth buying? I was gonna get it at Target for 20 bucks. Is it similar to Skyrim?

Yes it is totally worth it. It's not similar really to Skyrim, it has less of an open world, but focuses more on story and RPG elements than Skyrim does.

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This will be THE MOST GLORIOUS GAME OF ALL TIME!!!

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: Unnecessarily high difficulty spikes mess up the pass. Some encounters lead you to use hit and run tactics which isn't fun for some. At least early on it's annoying. Tons of people dying in the prologue says something and CD said they'll address the difficulty. Later in the game it gets better though and you have to employ more strategy. That cave level from Chapter 2 with those bird creatures will always be one of the worst levels I ever had to play through.

@oosupermanthathoeoo: He was talking about Witcher 2 though.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't express my levels of hype. Witcher 2 was one of my favorite games of last generation, and definitely one of the best RPGs to ever grace the 360. 3 looks to be all that and SOOO much more.

*drools*

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oosupermanthathoeoo: Also you don't need to play Witcher 2 to play 3. The intro is supposedly good enough to the point where they tell you everything that transpired before. Kinda weird seeing Yennefer back though...

oOSupermanThatHoeOo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oosupermanthathoeoo: Also you don't need to play Witcher 2 to play 3. The intro is supposedly good enough to the point where they tell you everything that transpired before. Kinda weird seeing Yennefer back though...

The Witcher 2 story line is variend, interweaving, and pretty complex. The same is said for TW 1. I'd just download the pc version and play it, it's very cheap ( like a few dollars ) on gog.com ( the game maker owns this service, all DRM free versions of games ). I remember having no idea what was going on in TW2 for quite some time, new comers to the franchise will have difficulty relating to characters etc... It's kind of like Mass Effect 3, sure it can be your starting point, but it defeats the purpose I think.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oosupermanthathoeoo: I read some of the books and I'm gonna buy all the comics that Dark Horse is putting out. I believe they tie in the events between Witcher 2 and 3. I knew what was going on because I watched a playthrough of Witcher 1 enhanced edition.

SheenLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By SheenLantern

This is the type of game I bought a 4K monitor and gaming PC for.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

I've been extremely tempted to do that. My PC can handle 2560x1440 but I run 1920x1080 for better FPS.

I saw a 4k TV the only day for 8 grand though...it was glorious.

SpitfirePanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Wow, that looks awesome!

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous said:

@theacidskull: Apparently you'll be ok to play this one, at least that's what they said.

reallY!? :O

Yea they said they are going to tell it in a way that you can start with this game and be totally fine.

WarBlade539

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By WarBlade539

This looks amazing

but I probably won't pick it up, I bought Witcher 2 and it was region locked.

Until i play the 2nd one I will not start the 3rd. I'd be too lost

Play the first one first, mate. It is a bit old and the combat can be unnerving at times but still a really good RPG nonetheless. Get the first two from GOG.com. The guys from GOG collaborate with CD Projekt Red on all of their conferences and sh!t.

WarBlade539

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been extremely tempted to do that. My PC can handle 2560x1440 but I run 1920x1080 for better FPS.

I saw a 4k TV the only day for 8 grand though...it was glorious.

Specs?

WarBlade539

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@WarBlade539 said:

@theacidskull said:

This looks amazing

Play the first one first, mate. It is a bit old and the combat can be unnerving at times but still a really good RPG nonetheless. Get the first two from GOG.com. The guys from GOG collaborate with CD Projekt Red on all of their conferences and sh!t.

Don't have the time to finish it all man, i'll only go with Witcher III if I can follow the story without having played the first two. But thanks for the advice :)

No worries. You play on 360?

WarBlade539

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@WarBlade539 said:

@theacidskull said:

@WarBlade539 said:

@theacidskull said:

This looks amazing

Don't have the time to finish it all man, i'll only go with Witcher III if I can follow the story without having played the first two. But thanks for the advice :)

No worries. You play on 360?

Yeah :)

Sweet. Planning to upgrade to an One to play Witcher 3? Or are you gonna sit it out for a while? Most anticipated game?

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Super_Buck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Witcher 2 was horrible. *Shivers*

WarBlade539

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What!?!? Why so?

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-627010180bd2d
deactivated-627010180bd2d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for knightsofdarkness2
Knightsofdarkness2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks like a promising game, but I probably won't get the game since I have so many other games that I need to get first.

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By SmashBrawler
No Caption Provided

Skit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Skit
No Caption Provided

I'm excited especially since it seems they made the combat more fluid.

Super_Buck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Super_Buck

@super_buck said:

What!?!? Why so?

Never really connected to the characters. How am I suppose to play a game when I don't give a rats ass if he dies in the end? Lol.

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So can I smack your a** or what? I didn't come into this thread for no reason.

Seriously tho I might get this game. Despite my apathy for things game related.

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Lots of new exotic creatures to have sex with!