WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@satyrgod:

Curious: What are your beliefs on the law of attraction?

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#52  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@satyrgod said:

@minigunman123 said:"Aren't you one of the guys that continually makes derisive comments about me being stupid because I'm a Christian...And you're saying you believe in magic druids?...You're going in my stupid thread."

And what derisive comments are you referring to? Yes, I believe in magic, and magick, and I know something about the druids past and present. Not my fault that you fail to understand these concepts. There are more things in the heavens and under the Earth than of which humankind has imagined. And, clearly, some of us are even less imaginative than others.

I agreed to not provoke you in that other thread; please have the courtesy to extend a similar respect, without losing your dignity. Again.

When I told him to stop, that wasn't your cue to basically do the same thing....
satyrgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By satyrgod

@Vance Astro:"The same thing"?

I did not initiate a "stupid people" thread. Nor do I begin new threads specifically to attack others.

@White Mage: The Law of Attraction seems a simplified model. Much of it sounds similar to self-fulfilling prophesy. The Law of Similarity is similar and applies well to substitutions, such as a candle to represent a person but is more effective with a greater number of correspondences, like a signature or body fluids. I once used a discarded cigerette butt with effective results. I don't often work magick on people, however, unless one is a patient or specifically requests such of me. As a healthcare provider, I must obviously exercise discretion with who exactly knows what about me, my beliefs and practices, within the context of my profession.

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Roddy010

@White Mage said:

For the past 2 days, I've been having a very intense feeling that I was going to see a shooting star...I didn't know why, but that feeling was really intense. This morning, the night sky was leaving, and part of the sky was a lighter blue. I went outside, and looked up....and in the bluer side of the sky, I saw a shooting star..........I wished on that thing so hard.lol I understand it could've been a coincidence....but I view it as a sign.lol

Also, I'm working on making my own pendulum

Wow things like this happen to me all the time. I get these 'feeling" that something is going to happen and then an idea pops in my head. Next thing I know that idea comes to life! We have a very strong connection with stars. Shooting/Falling stars represent our interaction with the Divine.

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Roddy010

I think it's really sad that we can't discuss things without people going for each other's throats.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@satyrgod:

1. I've never heard of the law of similarity before. I'm intrigued.

2. I've only worked simple spells for encouraging the likelihood of me meeting certain kinds of people. What's it like being a healthcare provider, and also being a practitioner?

3. What are your thoughts on divination?

Avatar image for slacker_the_hacker
slacker the hacker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Roddy010 said:

I think it's really sad that we can't discuss things without people going for each other's throats.

Don't feel to sad about it. The throat is a very vulnerable section of the body it shall be a quick end.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#58  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@satyrgod said:

@Vance Astro:"The same thing"?

I did not initiate a "stupid people" thread. Nor do I begin new threads specifically to attack others.

@White Mage: The Law of Attraction seems a simplified model. Much of it sounds similar to self-fulfilling prophesy. The Law of Similarity is similar and applies well to substitutions, such as a candle to represent a person but is more effective with a greater number of correspondences, like a signature or body fluids. I once used a discarded cigerette butt with effective results. I don't often work magick on people, however, unless one is a patient or specifically requests such of me. As a healthcare provider, I must obviously exercise discretion with who exactly knows what about me, my beliefs and practices, within the context of my profession.

Has nothing to do with my point. You didn't make a thread but the thread wasn't about you, the thread was about a general type of person, you just happened to fit what he was going for at the moment. What I meant by "the same thing" was your negative comments toward him. I don't want this to be a flame war or for this thread to be derailed by arguments. 
WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@Roddy010 said:

@White Mage said:

For the past 2 days, I've been having a very intense feeling that I was going to see a shooting star...I didn't know why, but that feeling was really intense. This morning, the night sky was leaving, and part of the sky was a lighter blue. I went outside, and looked up....and in the bluer side of the sky, I saw a shooting star..........I wished on that thing so hard.lol I understand it could've been a coincidence....but I view it as a sign.lol

Also, I'm working on making my own pendulum

Wow things like this happen to me all the time. I get these 'feeling" that something is going to happen and then an idea pops in my head. Next thing I know that idea comes to life! We have a very strong connection with stars. Shooting/Falling stars represent our interaction with the Divine.

Well..........this makes me feel happier/more special.lol

Honestly, even when things weren't very bright for me, I still felt like this was something that I needed to be doing, and even though I've only taken baby steps, I feel like I'm totally in my zone. Like a lesser magnet learning to improve its strength/pull.

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Roddy010

@slacker the hacker said:

@Roddy010 said:

Don't feel to sad about it. The throat is a very vulnerable section of the body it shall be a quick end.

Lol.

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Roddy010

@White Mage: Exactly! The more you practice the stronger your connection. Meditation is a great way to center one's self and connect with the elements. It also enhances clairvoyance and intuition. Which element do you favor?

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@slacker the hacker said:

@Roddy010 said:

GIGGLES

Avatar image for mrdecepticonleader
mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@Roddy010:

What are wiccans views toward evolution and other science? How compatible is it with your religion?

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@Roddy010 said:

@White Mage: Exactly! The more you practice the stronger your connection. Meditation is a great way to center one's self and connect with the elements. It also enhances clairvoyance and intuition. Which element do you favor?

I'm feeling the strongest pull towards water/fire...........MAINLY fire

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Roddy010

@mrdecepticonleader said:

@Roddy010:

What are wiccans views toward evolution and other science? How compatible is it with your religion?

It's a very open religion that is mainly based on rituals, traditions and magik. Not all Wiccans practice magik or believe in evolution/creationism. The main focus is working with nature in a gentle way to be of benefit to others and their selves, so it more of a philosophical religion.

@White Mage: What's your astrological sign?

mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Roddy010: I see well Creationism is a religious world view.

So what is magik? Is it different to magic? since it is spelt differently.

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Roddy010

@mrdecepticonleader: No actually "Magik" is the original way of saying "Magic".

mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Roddy010 said:

Oh right.

So what is magic to you? How do you know its magic? What makes it magic?

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@Roddy010 said:

@Roddy010:

It's a very open religion that is mainly based on rituals, traditions and magik. Not all Wiccans practice magik or believe in evolution/creationism. The main focus is working with nature in a gentle way to be of benefit to others and their selves, so it more of a philosophical religion.

Pisces.lol........I also plan on making a pretty water jar thingy with colorful stones/marbles in it.....I don't know why I've procrastinated so much on making it.lol

satyrgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By satyrgod

@mrdecepticonleader:Quick note before I gotta go - magic is often used to denoted stage magic, prestidigitation; magick is the real deal.

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Roddy010

@Roddy010 said:

Oh right.

Magik is when "will" meets "determination". We have ways of manipulating situations through the power of the mind and practicing these rituals help drive the energies for a desired effect. The craft is just the dressing of your will and determination.

mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@satyrgod said:

@mrdecepticonleader:Quick note before I gotta go - magic is often used to denoted stage magic, prestidigitation; magick is the real deal.

That was kind of my point,how do you know that your form is not any different to a magician like Derren Brown or Penn Jillette?

@Roddy010 said:

@Roddy010 said:

Oh right.

Magik is when "will" meets "determination". We have ways of manipulating situations through the power of the mind and practicing these rituals help drive the energies for a desired effect. The craft is just the dressing of your will and determination.

What kind of situations?

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#73  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

I'm not religious, Wiccan or otherwise but the woman that owns the nick nack shop next to my local pub who is a Wiccan tells me my spirit animal is a stag, if that means anything to anybody  

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Roddy010

@White Mage said:

@Roddy010 said:

@Roddy010:

Pisces.lol........I also plan on making a pretty water jar thingy with colorful stones/marbles in it.....I don't know why I've procrastinated so much on making it.lol

Sweet . I'm an aquarius and my element is air, I've always had a connection with it, even my personality. However sometimes our Wiccan element is different from our astrological sign. this article helped me get a better understanding of where each element stands.

http://www.wicca.in/the-wiccan-elements/

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Roddy010

@mrdecepticonleader: Any situation be it a financial struggle, love, prosperity, a career all of these can be manipulated in your favor through the craft.

mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Roddy010 said:

@mrdecepticonleader: Any situation be it a financial struggle, love, prosperity, a career all of these can be manipulated in your favor through the craft.

So if you wanted to become rich you could do that and if you wanted to stop a loved one from dying you could do that as well?

Have you done anything like this?

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Roddy010

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

I'm not religious, Wiccan or otherwise but the woman that owns the nick nack shop next to my local pub who is a Wiccan tells me my spirit animal is a stag, if that means anything to anybody

The Stag represents masculinity, confidence, guidance and usually connects with earth/forest.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#78  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@Roddy010 said:

So if you wanted to become rich you could do that and if you wanted to stop a loved one from dying you could do that as well?

From what I gather it's just there version of prayer, they don't go SHAZAM and everything they want happens.
mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@Roddy010 said:

From what I gather it's just there version of prayer, they don't go SHAZAM and everything they want happens.

I see.Well I know that.I am just trying to find out more about it and how they perceive it,since I dont know a whole lot about it and have never spoken to a wiccan.

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Roddy010

@Roddy010 said:

It not quite that simple. The Universe is already at work and has things already planned out for us (Our destinies). yes we can manipulate them however one must remember that there is a cause and an effect. (Ex. You can cast a spell to become rich, but as a result a love one dies and you inherit their money) Sometimes things are already set in stone and are beyond our control.

Yes I actually have cast money spells with some very amazing results. When I cast a spell I think of not only what I want but how I want to achieve it and it usually works better that way.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@Roddy010 said:

That would be more in the vein of genies

However, we all have possibilities that can be manipulated to varying degrees of success. For instance, you want to become rich? Alrighty....but where will you put your energy so that you can start the process? Blind focus isn't going to get you anywhere...that kind of stuff

mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Roddy010 said:

@Roddy010 said:

It not quite that simple. The Universe is already at work and has things already planned out for us (Our destinies). yes we can manipulate them however one must remember that there is a cause and an effect. (Ex. You can cast a spell to become rich, but as a result a love one dies and you inherit their money) Sometimes things are already set in stone and are beyond our control.

Yes I actually have cast money spells with some very amazing results. When I cast a spell I think of not only what I want but how I want to achieve it and it usually works better that way.

Hmm

Could it not just be down to luck,or coincidence or chance?

What is your view on a god/gods do you believe in any form of a god or gods?

mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@White Mage said:

@Roddy010 said:

That would be more in the vein of genies

However, we all have possibilities that can be manipulated to varying degrees of success. For instance, you want to become rich? Alrighty....but where will you put your energy so that you can start the process? Blind focus isn't going to get you anywhere...that kind of stuff

Genies,as in magic lamp genies?

I really dont see any proof of magic in the examples give.I mean since we are all in control of our lives/situations to varying degrees we can do something to change and alter it,we do so all the time.

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Roddy010
@mrdecepticonleader: Could it not just be down to luck,or coincidence or chance?

One can argue that, but instances have occurred that were even beyond coincidence, chance and luck. They all can still be manipulated.

I believe in one ultimate God and Goddess, but there are other spirits/entities that embody certain aspects of the universe. (Much like the Greek Gods/Goddess)

mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Roddy010 said:

@mrdecepticonleader: Could it not just be down to luck,or coincidence or chance?

One can argue that, but instances have occurred that were even beyond coincidence, chance and luck. They all can still be manipulated.

I believe in one ultimate God and Goddess, but there are other spirits/entities that embody certain aspects of the universe. (Much like the Greek Gods/Goddess)

As I said in my reply to white mage certain situations/instances can be manipulated since we have a degree of control over our own lives.But there is no mystic energy in it.

I see.

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Roddy010

@Roddy010 said:

As I said in my reply to white mage certain situations/instances can be manipulated since we have a degree of control over our own lives.But there is no mystic energy in it.

I see.

Everyone has their own way of manipulating situations be it through the craft or by other means. You may not believe but that doesn't make it moot or unreliable for others. I have seen some amazing things done through the craft but when it calls for it I can also handle a situation without doing a ritual.

mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Roddy010 said:

@Roddy010 said:

I see.

Everyone has their own way of manipulating situations be it through the craft or by other means. You may not believe but that doesn't make it moot or unreliable for others. I have seen some amazing things done through the craft but when it calls for it I can also handle a situation without doing a ritual.

But there is no difference in terms of manipulating a situation if you are a wiccan and do a ritual or if you aren't and you dont.

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Roddy010

@mrdecepticonleader: Okay

@White Mage: Have you heard of numerology?

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@mrdecepticonleader:

I feel like this: I definitely don't feel that I'm alone in the world, and I feel that I was specifically chosen to enter this world. For what purpose? No real clue whatsoever. However, because of the fact that I strongly believe that I am not alone, I constantly have a feeling of being empowered and capable. In instances that seem a bit too big for me, I use the power I believe I have within myself, and I communicate with a God that I will never actually "see". Prayers, magic...well...it makes sense to me, because something is pulling me in that direction. When I do things like take a paper, write out my desires, fold it three times toward myself, then burn it, I feel like I'm doing something that is building me up. Could the many supernatural things that I've seen be a coincidence? Possibly. But, I genuinely don't believe that they are. However, IF they are, then my imagination has somehow enabled me to believe in something that, while fake, has helped me to tap into power/strength that I didn't know I had.

All that said, I feel like the things I do when praying/spell casting helps me to create a ripple effect of sorts, and the things that I'm intently focused on are drawn to said ripples strongly enough track them to the source.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@Roddy010 said:

@mrdecepticonleader: Okay

@White Mage: Have you heard of numerology?

Yes, and it's crazy.lol I have no clue how someone came up with that, but I've seen some very accurate stuff.lol

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By Roddy010

@White Mage: I had a friend read my number to me and she told me things about myself that I never even shared with her lol. It was pretty accurate. I also like to do card readings.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@Roddy010 said:

@White Mage: I had a friend read my number to me and she told me things about myself that I never even shared with her lol. It was pretty accurate. I also like to do card readings.

Apparently you can do card readings with normal playing cards..........Soooo many choices.lol

I'm working on a pendulum atm, actually. I've always wanted to try this out.lol

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By Roddy010

@White Mage said:

@Roddy010 said:

Apparently you can do card readings with normal playing cards..........Soooo many choices.lol

I had a friend make mine with an amethyst crystal. I sport it in unison with my Sevatius Pendant,to grant me good luck and cast away negative energy.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@Roddy010 said:

@White Mage said:

@Roddy010 said:

I had a friend make mine with an amethyst crystal. I sport it in unison with my Sevatius Pendant,to grant me good luck and cast away negative energy.

..................................................sweeeeet

Avatar image for omegathedestroyer
OmegaTheDestroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Roddy010 said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

I'm not religious, Wiccan or otherwise but the woman that owns the nick nack shop next to my local pub who is a Wiccan tells me my spirit animal is a stag, if that means anything to anybody

The Stag represents masculinity, confidence, guidance and usually connects with earth/forest.

My friend was once high on shrooms and told me my spirit animal was the Rhino, does that have any meaning behind it or was it just the random thoughts of a guy high on shrooms?

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By Roddy010

@OmegaTheDestroyer: The Rhino symbolizes the utilization of Inner Resources, protection and is also connected to the earth. They remind us to appreciate all things around us and are commonly misunderstood which dawns the saying "Things are not always as they seem".

mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@White Mage said:

@mrdecepticonleader:

I feel like this: I definitely don't feel that I'm alone in the world, and I feel that I was specifically chosen to enter this world. For what purpose? No real clue whatsoever. However, because of the fact that I strongly believe that I am not alone, I constantly have a feeling of being empowered and capable. In instances that seem a bit too big for me, I use the power I believe I have within myself, and I communicate with a God that I will never actually "see". Prayers, magic...well...it makes sense to me, because something is pulling me in that direction. When I do things like take a paper, write out my desires, fold it three times toward myself, then burn it, I feel like I'm doing something that is building me up. Could the many supernatural things that I've seen be a coincidence? Possibly. But, I genuinely don't believe that they are. However, IF they are, then my imagination has somehow enabled me to believe in something that, while fake, has helped me to tap into power/strength that I didn't know I had.

All that said, I feel like the things I do when praying/spell casting helps me to create a ripple effect of sorts, and the things that I'm intently focused on are drawn to said ripples strongly enough track them to the source.

It is all psychological and how you feel.Many people say they feel similar things and it has actually been proven to all be in the mind.

satyrgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By satyrgod

@Vance Astro said:"I don't want this to be a flame war or for this thread to be derailed by arguments."

Did you honestly expect me to not respond? But flame war? No worries, I won't degenerate to that. But you weren't involved in the Great Fireball Discussion a few days ago? We don't shoot balls of fire... exactly. I doubt anyone here is interested in who's considered a shooter or that they want to read about my Great Balls of Fire. But why are you harping on this so much, mod? You're derailing the thread! Geeze.

Note: Reference to the song Big Balls popularized by AC/DC. Hilarious, can be found on the internet if you're so inclined. I ain't gonna post the lyrics; I get in enough trouble here as it is!

@White Mage asked: "What's it like being a healthcare provider, and also being a practitioner? What are your thoughts on divination?"

I don't make an issue of it at work. Whenever I'm new to a practice or facility, I avoid wearing my pentagram, at least until the patients and staff are familiar enough with me that they know I'm a good guy (as opposed to 'one of them Satanists') and not weirded out by it. I did have a young man at a previous employer who asked quite loudly "is your pendant a witches' symbol?", in front of a conservative Christian nursing unit supervisor no less. The room went dead quiet. I simply stated, "yeah, it is". More than my religious philosophies, I have actually more trouble with other alternative lifestyle factors, including rather liberal (and libertine) views, so I'm careful what I reveal to whom as a matter of course.

Divination can be useful but invarably shows only fragments, usually seeming to be limited to what the practitioner expressly states, and I've never witnessed such practices offer a complete picture. The result is often more frustration. But I do have a number of Asatruar rune sets, and a Celtic ogham card set that I like to drag out on occasion.

satyrgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By satyrgod

@mrdecepticonleader: Magick was defined by Aleister Crowley as creating change in accordance with the will (presumably using other than (just) physical means). Usually magick is worked within the context of ritual, as the human mind likes ritual. One theory is that ritual distracts the conscious mind, unlocking the subconscious (or superconscious) to access the ability to create change. Ritual also facilitates concentration, which is key. Also, fear and doubt are killers of magick.

I prefer to think of magick less of an unseen energy connecting all of Nature, and more as physical and metaphysical Laws like probability and cause-and-effect.

It's usually recommended that the magick practitioner (esp. when starting out) keep their magicks in line with the natural world and laws (as we understand the terms). Healing is one thing; binding another's spirit to an ailing, suffering physical body is quite another.

Prayer differs from magick in intent and purpose. In prayer, one approaches another entity with a petition and asks nicely; in magick, one assumes control and attempts to impose their own will into a given situation. That's not to imply that it's necesarrily bad, just a change in accordance with one's will.

mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@satyrgod said:

@mrdecepticonleader: Magick was defined by Aleister Crowley as creating change in accordance with the will (presumably using other than (just) physical means). Usually magick is worked within the context of ritual, as the human mind likes ritual. One theory is that ritual distracts the conscious mind, unlocking the subconscious (or superconscious) to access the ability to create change. Ritual also facilitates concentration, which is key. Also, fear and doubt are killers of magick.

I prefer to think of magick less of an unseen energy connecting all of Nature, and more as physical and metaphysical Laws like probability and cause-and-effect.

It's usually recommended that the magick practitioner (esp. when starting out) keep their magicks in line with the natural world and laws (as we understand the terms). Healing is one thing; binding another's spirit to an ailing, suffering physical body is quite another.

Prayer differs from magick in intent and purpose. In prayer, one approaches another entity with a petition and asks nicely; in magick, one assumes control and attempts to impose their own will into a given situation. That's not to imply that it's necesarrily bad, just a change in accordance with one's will.

I see.