• 182 results
Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Roddy010

No I'm not talking about the Marvel character. lol Are there any Wiccans in the CV community? Here's a thread to discuss all thing related to the Wicca/Pagan religion and also connect with others of the same faith. I've just started my journey into the world of Wicca and it has been quite captivating to say the least. I hope to meet others to not only share our love for comics but also the Craft and all the wonders that append with these rituals/beliefs. Blessed be.

satyrgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By satyrgod

Glad to know there are some fellow Wiccans out there!

My background is in Asatruu as well as Celtic Wicca, druidry and shamanism. Been practicing for several years now.

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Roddy010

@satyrgod: Awesome and Welcome. I've been looking to connect with others who have more experience and knowledge on the subject to help and guide me. As I said I'm just getting started so it's nice to see more people involved in the craft.

@Glitch_Spawn said:

I am so uninformed on Wicca.

It's a very open religion that involves oneness as well as respect and love for all things around us. I must say it has given me the inner peace I've been looking for.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#5  Edited By joshmightbe

I do find it funny when wiccans claim they're an ancient tradition despite being founded in the 60s by ripping off a bunch of customs from ancient Celtic and Germanic traditions

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Roddy010

@joshmightbe: Please let's not turn this into a flame thread. I respect ypu're freedom to post but let's not ignite and unwanted flames.

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Roddy010

@joshmightbe: Also Wicca was founded in the 1940's by Gerald Gardner. It wasn't popularized until the 1960's.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By joshmightbe

@Roddy010: Sorry I was deflecting my bad mood, I'd like to say I wouldn't do it again but I probably will again on some other thread at some point but I will acknowledge and apologize around 30 minutes later as usual. Not meaning to be so blunt but I know me

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Roddy010

@joshmightbe: It's fine dude :) Happens to the best of us. Hope your mood gets better. Blessed be.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#10  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

I used to date a Wiccan. Never Again....

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Roddy010

@Vance Astro: Lol why not?

Avatar image for ellie_knightfall
Ellie_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By Ellie_Knightfall

Was never officially Wiccan, but I did some heavy studies into it in my early teens.

An it harm none, do what ye will.

Still live by that.

charlieboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#13  Edited By charlieboy

I have dabbled. I would not call myself a Wiccan though. I find it very interesting.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Roddy010 said:

@Vance Astro: Lol why not?

Long Story Short: Scared...
god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#15  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@Vance Astro said:

Was she like that Hex Girl from Scooby Doo?

KnightRise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By KnightRise

@god_spawn said:

@Vance Astro said:

That'd be awesome!

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@god_spawn said:

@Vance Astro said:

She was more like Wednesday Adams.
Avatar image for 7am_waking_up_in_the_morning
7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cyttorians > Wiccans

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#19  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
@7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning: Whats that?
INLIFE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By INLIFE

I Do Not Feel That Many Are Respecting The Wiccan Religion......

My Spanish teacher is Wiccan, but not a lot of the students have a full idea of the religion. He, my Spanish teacher, explained to our class more about the religion, it's traditions, and what it means to him.

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning: Whats that?

The Only Thing I Have Ever Seen On Google With One Search Result.

No Caption Provided
Avatar image for mysterioususername
MysteriousUsername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

I knew a kid in high school who claimed to be Wiccan. Said that he got one kid's parents to move away by sending a log down a river.

Not sure how accurate his ideas were to the actual Wiccan beliefs.

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Roddy010

@Vance Astro said:

@god_spawn said:

@Vance Astro said:

Hahaha completely understandable. When I was first introduced to it I was scared too so I can see where you're coming from especially if she was anything like this..

@MysteriousUsername: Practicing the Craft is a big part of the Wiccan belief. I've done some pretty astounding things with my craft. All it takes is will and determination to get the desired effect.

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By lykopis

I would love to learn more about this religion. From what I have seen, its very peaceful and very focused on nature.

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Roddy010

@lykopis said:

I would love to learn more about this religion. From what I have seen, its very peaceful and very focused on nature.

Indeed it is. I've recently been doing a lot of research and it's quite fascinating. It involves meditation which is great for discipline and focus in the mind which also grants you awareness to things around. It's brought me a much deeper oneness with myself. I say it's definitely worth looking into. Blessed, be.

satyrgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By satyrgod

@joshmightbe said:"I do find it funny when wiccans claim they're an ancient tradition despite being founded in the 60s by ripping off a bunch of customs from ancient Celtic and Germanic traditions"

Spoken like someone who has very little knowledge of what he speaks. As an organized religion, wicca was popularized in the '60's with the repealing of anti-witchcraft laws, but the fundamentals were present, and practiced, long before. Where do you think the Celtic and Germanic customs came from? Or the christian mythology, for that matter?

HBKTimHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By HBKTimHBK

2 of my very good friends are Wiccan, but they keep it to themselves, oh well I guess. The religion does interest me though.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By joshmightbe

@satyrgod: I already apologized to the OP for the statement. I was having a bad day and also even actual Wiccans will tell you that it was actually founded in the 40s. And yes there is a great deal of Germanic and Celtic influence to Wicca as well as Christianity whose biggest holidays are all co opted from far older Pagan holidays, Christmas is actually a combination of Saturnalia and and various winter solstice traditions of mid and Northern Europe and Easter was straight ripped off from a Celtic fertility festival. They just slapped Jesus' name on it and called it theirs.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By WARLOCK2792

<---------------Is very new, but definitely a practitioner

MasterJohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By MasterJohn

I have a question to wiccans: Why do you do "Magic" (I know you say magic is like a prayer, but you still do rituals). And what can the energy of "Magic' do. Can you use your "Magic" to combat evil?

Avatar image for slacker_the_hacker
slacker the hacker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thinking about Wicca depresses me. It reminds me that real life magic,will or whatever you call it users don't carry staffs and can't shoot fire balls. That makes me sad.........................

Though its great to study if your looking to build a magical system for a story or RP. At least in my case

MasterJohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By MasterJohn

@slacker the hacker said:

Thinking about Wicca depresses me. It reminds me that real life magic users don't carry staffs and can't shoot fire balls. That makes me sad.........................

Though its great to study if your looking to build a magical system for a story or RP. At least in my case

I think wiccans use stick-like staffs in their rituals.

satyrgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By satyrgod

@joshmightbe said:"I already apologized to the OP for the statement. I was having a bad day and also even actual Wiccans will tell you that it was actually founded in the 40s. And yes there is a great deal of Germanic and Celtic influence to Wicca as well as Christianity whose biggest holidays are all co opted from far older Pagan holidays, Christmas is actually a combination of Saturnalia and and various winter solstice traditions of mid and Northern Europe and Easter was straight ripped off from a Celtic fertility festival. They just slapped Jesus' name on it and called it theirs."

You apologized for expressing your opinion in a confrontational manner during your One Bad Day, and you're surprised that anyone still took offense? By the way, I am an "actual" wiccan attempting to educate you in my tradition. Again, Wicca was formalized in the mid '60's, developed as an organized religion as late as the '40's (the exact date is debatable) and incorporates beliefs and traditions from a number of pre-christian pagan sources. But you are correct that many christian holidays, beliefs and concepts were adopted from earlier pagan customs. My point being that customs now being called wiccan are of ancient origin, it's just the organization that's modern.

satyrgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By satyrgod

@MasterJohn asked:"Why do you do "Magic" (I know you say magic is like a prayer, but you still do rituals). And what can the energy of "Magic' do. Can you use your "Magic" to combat evil?"

Magick is a tradition that allows for accountability. The concept stems from creating change through intent and understanding of how natural laws work; basically, cause and effect. Just because we don't know why it works, doesn't imply that it can't. I work magick to effect change. Sure, we can combat evil. But what constitutes "evil"?

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Roddy010

@MasterJohn said:

I have a question to wiccans: Why do you do "Magic" (I know you say magic is like a prayer, but you still do rituals). And what can the energy of "Magic' do. Can you use your "Magic" to combat evil?

"Magic is neither black nor white, It is both because nature is both" a quote from one of my favorite movies. As Satyrgod stated is cause and effect. What you send out you get in return times 3. It's a excellent way to grasp a better understanding of how things operate within nature. And yes their are spells of protection to keep negative intentions at bay.

Avatar image for slacker_the_hacker
slacker the hacker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@MasterJohn said:

Thinking about Wicca depresses me. It reminds me that real life magic users don't carry staffs and can't shoot fire balls. That makes me sad.........................

Yes but they can't shoot fire balls,

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Roddy010

@MasterJohn said:

Yes but they can't shoot fire balls,

Fireballs are a litte farfetched lol, but I have done some pretty amazing things with my craft.

Inner_Demon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Inner_Demon

I am not Wiccan (nor do I consider myself a member of any formal religion), but I have numerous friends who are.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By WARLOCK2792

For the past 2 days, I've been having a very intense feeling that I was going to see a shooting star...I didn't know why, but that feeling was really intense. This morning, the night sky was leaving, and part of the sky was a lighter blue. I went outside, and looked up....and in the bluer side of the sky, I saw a shooting star..........I wished on that thing so hard.lol I understand it could've been a coincidence....but I view it as a sign.lol

Also, I'm working on making my own pendulum

tea8765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 12

#39  Edited By tea8765

@Vance Astro said:

@god_spawn said:

@Vance Astro said:

Been there and agree, the uhhh.... 'hex' was good but she had a lot of baggage.

tea8765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By tea8765

@joshmightbe said:

@satyrgod: I already apologized to the OP for the statement. I was having a bad day and also even actual Wiccans will tell you that it was actually founded in the 40s. And yes there is a great deal of Germanic and Celtic influence to Wicca as well as Christianity whose biggest holidays are all co opted from far older Pagan holidays, Christmas is actually a combination of Saturnalia and and various winter solstice traditions of mid and Northern Europe and Easter was straight ripped off from a Celtic fertility festival. They just slapped Jesus' name on it and called it theirs.

Apologize to the wiccans by insulting christians..... real classy

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By joshmightbe

@tea8765: I didn't insult Christians, those are established facts

minigunman123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#42  Edited By minigunman123

@satyrgod said:

My background is in Asatruu as well as Celtic Wicca, druidry and shamanism. Been practicing for several years now.

Aren't you one of the guys that continually makes derisive comments about me being stupid because I'm a Christian...

And you're saying you believe in magic druids?

You're going in my stupid thread.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@minigunman123 said:

@satyrgod said:

Aren't you one of the guys that continually makes derisive comments about me being stupid because I'm a Christian...

Stop.
joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By joshmightbe

@tea8765: originally Christmas was a simple mass that occured in early summer,The church moved the date to coincide with several Pagan Winter Solstice festivals, The gift exchange portion and the Christmas dinner was taken from Saturnalia, Christmas trees are rooted in a pagan tradition of decorating trees during the Solstice, Santa Clause was made up of an amalgamation of St. Nicholas with traits from several Nordic gods. And The Easter Bunny is a hold over from the Celtic faiths who viewed them as a symbol of fertility and its the same for the egg hunts.

tea8765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By tea8765

@joshmightbe said:

@tea8765: originally Christmas was a simple mass that occured in early summer,The church moved the date to coincide with several Pagan Winter Solstice festivals, The gift exchange portion and the Christmas dinner was taken from Saturnalia, Christmas trees are rooted in a pagan tradition of decorating trees during the Solstice, Santa Clause was made up of an amalgamation of St. Nicholas with traits from several Nordic gods. And The Easter Bunny is a hold over from the Celtic faiths who viewed them as a symbol of fertility and its the same for the egg hunts.

Mhm, yes thank you for the history lesson. I don't care to dispute your 'facts' here, clearly you are an established sociologist, or perhaps you just have access to Google and Wikipedia. I just think it's pretty lame that you make a post on a new tread insulting one religion then once it gets some addition posts and the over all tone of the conversation is pro-wicca you decide to apologize by pointing out what you see as the illegitimacy of another religions traditions just because they are not being represented in the conversation.

Whatever way the wind blows I guess.

tea8765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By tea8765

@joshmightbe said:

@tea8765: I didn't insult Christians, those are established facts

I would say any statement containing the phrase "straight ripped off" is indeed an insult.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By joshmightbe

@tea8765: I didn't change my position on wicca I just apologized because I made an asshole statement that was uncalled for, and the facts I listed are 100% true

Avatar image for mrdecepticonleader
mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Though I dont know a lot about Wicca,and it doesn't seem to be a big religion.I view it in a similar way I view other religions.

@Vance Astro said:

@minigunman123 said:

@satyrgod said:

Stop.

Just thought I should let you know he hasn't and has actually posted him in that thread.

satyrgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By satyrgod

@minigunman123 said:"Aren't you one of the guys that continually makes derisive comments about me being stupid because I'm a Christian...And you're saying you believe in magic druids?...You're going in my stupid thread."

And what derisive comments are you referring to? Yes, I believe in magic, and magick, and I know something about the druids past and present. Not my fault that you fail to understand these concepts. There are more things in the heavens and under the Earth than of which humankind has imagined. And, clearly, some of us are even less imaginative than others.

I agreed to not provoke you in that other thread; please have the courtesy to extend a similar respect, without losing your dignity. Again.

satyrgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By satyrgod

@Vance Astro: A "stupid thread". Indeed. Apparently a highschool kid has headlined me in it. Yeah, this'll end well...