Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Edited By TechParadox
 "The waiting is the hardest part
Every day you see one more card
You take it on faith, you take it to the heart
The waiting is the hardest part"

The Waiting - Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers

Ok, so I've had that song running through my head for a couple days now since hearing it on the local classic rock channel while I was on my lunch break, and while the over-all theme of the song doesn't necessarily fit the theme of this post, the first and last line of the chorus definitely match up.

The point of all this is that waiting for shipments to arrive is a pain in the backside.  You see, I have the excellent luck to live in a small city where the crime rate is fairly low and it's nice and quiet.  And unfortunately it's also about an hour-long drive to the nearest comic book store, so my trips there are few and far between.  I've taken to ordering my trade paperbacks online to make things easier on myself.  The selection at Amazon is good and the selection at InStockTrades (www.instocktrades.com) is even better, but I miss the instant gratification of being able to walk out of the store with my haul and jump right into reading them as soon as I got home.

This isn't a "boo-hoo, poor me" post.  Heck, I could pay for expedited shipping if I wanted to and have the darned things overnighted to me.  I'm just cheap like that.  I'm just venting about how I hate sitting around and twiddling my thumbs when I know there's stuff in transit from Point A (their warehouse) to Point B (my mailbox).  I feel like Bart Simpson in the episode where he ordered the spy camera from the back of a comic book.  Trouble is, it does me no good to stare at an Amazon tracking page saying, "Where's my spy camera? Where's my spy camera? Where's my spy camera?"  I guess I should just use it as a chance to catch up on my backlog of books and movies I've been meaning to get around to. :D