The voices you imagine for characters

DKing_CiCADA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By DKing_CiCADA

I always imagine the same voices for specific characters and sometimes if it's an alt story or dimension I think of something different.

For example when i read stories with Capitan America (Steve Rogers) I picture this strong all american like voice, but when I read about the Steve Rogers in the ultimate universe he is more of a drill sergeant type and imagine a Patton like voice for him.   

Because of my 90's childhood I always imagine Kevin Conroy's voices when I read batman, its just pure classic and I have grown up with his voice from batman to justice league to Superman/Batman animated movies. And finally a character I just started reading about Catman in the newest Red Robin issues I pictured him with Adam West's voice. 

So a lot of voices I like to imagine are from cartoons or TV where I think someone's voice would match perfect for the character and other times I create voices. It's just one of the small things I love about comic books, the freedom to imagine any voice you want. 

BTW- I hate when someone is talking and you dont know who it is and create a voice for them, but than later on they reveal that they are someone you know and your like damn I had a different voice for them, or when you read about a character and you find out that they are Canadian or from the south and you have to change the voice to match the accent 
What do you guys have to say.   

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

I create (non-verbal) voices for the characters that I read, that are distinct, but that I'm not sure match up to anyone in real life.