The US view of Britain and Brits!

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

Just watching the animated film Superman vs the Elite; its hilarious. First off, Manchester Black- the worst mancunian accent I have ever heard! Reminds me of the actor who portrayed Daphne's brother in Frasier all those years ago. Then, the portrayal of Manchester, a cross between coronation street and a Dickensian (Hard Times) costume drama, all terrace houses and industrial chimneys! Never mind that modern Manchester, like Liverpool has been totally rejuvenated and is a modern European city of culture!

Also hilarious that Manchester Black uses words like "tossers" and "w**nkers" as if to demonstrate that all rough northerners talk like this!

..anyone else see this film and find it as hilarious as I do. I guess if your not british you might not pick up on some of these things.!

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 20

#2 BumpyBoo  Moderator

@bezza: Agree wholeheartedly, I think on the whole people are more educated about our culture than they used to be (even if a lot of them do still think Wales is in England...) but at times it is a little surreal to see the UK portrayed that way. Also I don't think a lot of people from other countries have a working grasp of our swear words: for example, they'll use something like "w****r" or "t**t" without realising that we do actually consider that a pretty naughty word, rather than some cute little quirk we have over here....

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

..Having said that, its a good animated film and the Superman we get to see near the end of the movie is pretty bad ass powerful!!!

Manchester Black, despite his poor accent did have some good moves too....quite a formidable opponent actually and Superman had to go beyond his usual moral compass to defeat him. Not bad for a character I had never heard of before this movie!!

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I'm from the Southern United States. Stupid stereotypes are nothing new.

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

< Not British, I didnt notice, yall seem the same to me.

:p

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

Wot wot

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@bezza: We don't care about you guys.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@biteme_fanboy: Too bad The South often fits that stereotype to the tee.

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Infinityball

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

crappy tea

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Americans only care about the accents

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

albusan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Them brits think they're better than us Americans, that's all I know.

Also they're the rudest tourist next to Australians with their stag parties.

black_wreath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 109

@albusan said:

Also they're the rudest tourist next to Australians with their stag parties.

You wankers (don't worry over here it really is just a cute little quirk) aren't much of a party yourselves, mate.

It's fitting that the cockiest country in the world appears to actually have one (Florida).

Mandarinestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Mandarinestro

@black_wreath: Off topic but I love Australian politics. Your parliament has colourful language.

edit: nevermind lol, I thought you were Australian

black_wreath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@black_wreath: Off topic but I love Australian politics. Your parliament has colourful language.

edit: nevermind lol, I thought you were Australian

Oh I am Australian. I'm afraid our politicians' (or "pollies" in the native tongue) colourful speeches go unnoticed by the general population, they merely speak in a more tame dialogue as everyone else here. :)

Also nobody here cares what they have to say...

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Brits? They're stuck up whore sons, who I can at least understand a heck of a lot better than those Irish drunks and they at least have more balls than those french cowards.

black_wreath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Brits? They're stuck up whore sons, who I can at least understand a heck of a lot better than those Irish drunks and they at least have more balls than those french cowards.

France has balls! They made "Martyrs"!

Lateralus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All my knowledge about Brits come from Guy Ritchie movies

Havenless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Havenless

All the British people I've ever met seemed really malnutritioned. Pale skin, frail, slight hunchback, out of shape.

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Emperorb777

@immortal777 said:

The french are nothing but dirty stinking cowards since all they do is surrender while Canadians spend their days just farting on each other while just sucking in general and those damn American Cowboys all they do is ride on horses all day shooting outlaws while those stupid Australians fight Kangaroos for a living.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

It's the same thing wherever you go and whoever you look at.

Americans might think every brit lives in a rundown industrial city if they aren't living in a 16th century relic, where the normal man look and speaks like Manchester Black and John Constantine and the higher ups all sound like Bond-villains. (Interestingly, if you are a Brit, you have a career in Hollywood as a villain, they dig the accent).

Looking at the US from across the pond, the view is no less wrong where many Americans are thought to be patriotic, out of shape, gun-toting, bible-bashing idiots.

black_wreath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@black_wreath said:
@immortal777 said:

The french are nothing but dirty stinking cowards since all they do is surrender while Canadians spend their days just farting on each other while just sucking in general and those damn American Cowboys all they do is ride on horses all day shooting outlaws while those stupid Australians fight Kangaroos for a living.

Dammit man, we made peace with the kangaroos decades ago!

We had no choice when they took over all of our major corporations!

It was a dark day...

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

SuperAdam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Better than the US portrayal of the French.

Loading Video...

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow, my little thread seems to have bought out some supressed aggression and stereotypical views. I was only commenting on the awful accent of Manchester Black and comical depiction of modern Manchester itself!!

I bet however that most Brits can name more US state Capitals than Americans can name English counties.......

Penderor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wait... and I pressume that you consider yourself the greatest animators in the world right? Ha, ha, ha -.-

Lateralus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bezza said:

Wow, my little thread seems to have bought out some supressed aggression and stereotypical views. I was only commenting on the awful accent of Manchester Black and comical depiction of modern Manchester itself!!

I bet however that most Brits can name more US state Capitals than Americans can name English counties.......

To be fair, most Americans couldn't name most state capitals

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#32 frozen  Moderator

I'm have a Yorkshire accent and Americans thought I had a ''typical'' British accent, which is certainly NOT true.

TheDandyMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

Arkham Penguin...

Astonsmithy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jesus guys just stereotyping just get along im a brit i have american freinds an we get along our nations have an amazing relationship why cant the people

username12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Loading Video...
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

I'm exaggerating, obviously. Brits are our bros and stereotypes are nothing new. Especially considering lots of Europeans think Americans are "fat and stupid". Aye?

username12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Better than the US portrayal of the French.

Loading Video...

Looks like it's based off a true story to me.

Avatar image for unbreakable_fs4
unbreakable_fs4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol this thread sure devolved quickly

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@immortal777 said:
@black_wreath said:
@immortal777 said:

It was a dark day...

Well that may be the case but after watching the Mad Max films Australia in a horrible place filled with scum and villainy.

black_wreath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@black_wreath said:
@immortal777 said:
@black_wreath said:
@immortal777 said:

It was a dark day...

Well that may be the case but after watching the Mad Max films Australia in a horrible place filled with scum and villainy.

Those films and Tank Girl are pretty much the only realistic depictions of my country.

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@immortal777 said:
@black_wreath said:
@immortal777 said:
@black_wreath said:
@immortal777 said:

It was a dark day...

Those films and Tank Girl are pretty much the only realistic depictions of my country.

LMAO!!!

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

We are glad we won our independence from you in Vietnam and ended Hitlers reign

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cgoodness:Sometimes I think people forget the US alone stopped WW2, they need to reread their American history books.