• 122 results
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 16

#1  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

Come and talk about the hypest gaming on YouTube: the Two Best Friends!

Fair warning: these videos contain language, violence, etc.. So yeah: be advised.

Matt, Pat, and the rest!
Matt, Pat, and the rest!

Zokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Two best friends play... What?

Sincerely,

No Caption Provided

Orician_Seis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ahhh good ol' Machinima

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

I don't watch videos of people playing video games.... well maybe Angry Joe, but that's cus he's a Superman fan.

Orician_Seis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Saint

whaaaat you know Angry Joe??? I have yet to meet anyone else who has

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

@orician_seis: know him?.... I only watch his videos. Unless you mean you don't know anyone on this site that likes him.

frogdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hypest s*** on youtube

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By JakeN7
frogdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As someone who likes yakuza 3&4, their let's play is entertaining

Orician_Seis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ah sorry I wasn't clear, I meant I've never met or came across anyone who has heard of him

CF12793

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Their video of them playing the 2004 Punisher video game had me in tears after watching.

AmazingAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thread? THREAD!?!?... more like ZAIBATSU!!!!

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 JediXMan  Moderator

I love the "I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream" Let's Play. Pat and Woolie are an oddly good combo; they're great. I knew they would be after Indigo Prophecy and Beyond: Two Souls. Would like to see more videos with just those two.

WarBlade539

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Saint

I am a huge Angry Joe fan and so is @dragonborn_ct. :)

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@orician_seis said:

@Saint

I am a huge Angry Joe fan and so is @dragonborn_ct. :)

I mean geez, how can anyone not have heard of Angry Joe at this point >_>

Avatar image for consolemaster001
consolemaster001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 JediXMan  Moderator

This guys deserve more appreciation, guys.

On topic: what's the general opinion of their new Friday Night Fight series? I like it.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I watch just about all their friday night fights. Just got done watching all their Godzilla hype. Nostalgia is a b.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@jedixman:

They are really good.

My Favorite Videos are probably

Man vs Wild

Cabela

Prison Break

Beatdown Fists of Vengance

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#20 SC  Moderator

I am new to them but my fav so far was Final Fantasy 8 (was Liam and Woolie incidentally). Oh and am enjoying RE 4 walkthrough, makes me want to replay the game again.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sc: You just won mod of the year.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 JediXMan  Moderator

@laflux:

Have you seen their full LPs?

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedixman said:

@laflux:

Yeah, a few of them.

Matt and Woolie's retro ones are probably my favorites....

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 JediXMan  Moderator

@laflux said:

@jedixman said:

@laflux:

Yeah, a few of them.

Matt and Woolie's retro ones are probably my favorites....

I really liked the Pat / Woolie playthrough of "I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream." I want to see more Pat / Woolie playthroughs. I don't know why, but I don't like Matt / Woolie or Matt / Liam. Probably because Pat's my favorite (despite the fact that he hates comics -_-)

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedixman: Before Rising Superstar Liam, near the beginning, I always saw Mat as kinda of the glue holding the rest of the group together. Because originally Mat and Pat would do thier playthroughs, they would have the Super Best Friends Brawl (which I love dearly), Matt and Woolie's Fighterpedia/Retro Playthrough's. Patt and Woolie never really interacted unless Matt was around. Which is funny because according to lore, Woolie met Pat and Mat before either of them met eachother.

But I do want more Woolie/Pat combinations. Woolie is my favorite although Mat is getting close for introducing me to Bible Black- but that's a story for another time.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 JediXMan  Moderator
@laflux said:

@jedixman: Before Rising Superstar Liam, near the beginning, I always saw Mat as kinda of the glue holding the rest of the group together. Because originally Mat and Pat would do thier playthroughs, they would have the Super Best Friends Brawl (which I love dearly), Matt and Woolie's Fighterpedia/Retro Playthrough's. Patt and Woolie never really interacted unless Matt was around. Which is funny because according to lore, Woolie met Pat and Mat before either of them met eachother.

But I do want more Woolie/Pat combinations. Woolie is my favorite although Mat is getting close for introducing me to Bible Black- but that's a story for another time.

My order is:

1. Pat
  2. Woolie
  3. Matt
  4. Liam (I don't like him in videos, but he's interesting on the Podcast - especially when he and Pat are arguing)

If memory serves, Matt originally asked Woolie to record Kirby's Epic Yarn (their first video), but he declined, which led to Matt doing it with Pat instead. They were mutual friends of Woolie, but Matt and Pat didn't like each other when they were in college.

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Haven't watched them yet :/

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 JediXMan  Moderator

I was so shocked and surprised when I saw this posted.

Loading Video...

I only wish it were DS and not DS 2, but still, this looks awesome!

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedixman: What was your very first video that you watched of theirs?

Avatar image for beaconofstrength
BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Woolie is best, best friend.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 JediXMan  Moderator
@jaken7 said:

Super Best Friends Brawl: Worms 2: Armageddon. Then I found their Machinima videos, and eventually found their full LPs - which I discovered were way better than their Machinima episodes.

What about you?

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

This thread's title arouses me.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By JakeN7

@jedixman said:
@jaken7 said:

Super Best Friends Brawl: Worms 2: Armageddon. Then I found their Machinima videos, and eventually found their full LPs - which I discovered were way better than their Machinima episodes.

What about you?

I'm pretty sure it was their Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood Machinima episode from the 1st season. Didn't check out their actual channel until a while later.

What's your favorite Machinima episode they did?

What's your least favorite full LP so far?

@joygirl said:

No Caption Provided

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@joygirl said:

Well, there's really only one appropriate gif:

No Caption Provided
@jaken7 said:

What's your favorite Machinima episode they did?

What's your least favorite full LP so far?

Machinima?

No Caption Provided

Least favorite LP is probably Disaster or Yakuza. I don't know why; I just didn't care for them.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedixman: Heh. They mentioned Harry Potter Kinect as being their best one by far on the panel at Con Bravo.

My favorite is the Persona 4 one though. I LOVE YOU KENPACHI RAMASAMA!

Yakuza wasn't great, I agree. Although it had its moments. My least favorite is Nuzlocke. I know that's cliché, but man. F*** that playthrough.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 JediXMan  Moderator
@jaken7 said:

@jedixman: Heh. They mentioned Harry Potter Kinect as being their best one by far on the panel at Con Bravo.

My favorite is the Persona 4 one though. I LOVE YOU KENPACHI RAMASAMA!

Yakuza wasn't great, I agree. Although it had its moments. My least favorite is Nuzlocke. I know that's cliché, but man. F*** that playthrough.

I understand why; it's one of their bests. I also like Persona 4, Portal 2, Heavy Rain, Dark Souls (the Black Knight scene was the best - this might have been my first Machinima episode), Skyrim, Mass Effect 3, Metal Wolf Chaos, and all of the Indie episodes.

It had its moments, but it was too boring at times. Yeah, Nuzlocke was... yeah... but it's not my least favorite, because of the memorial scenes.

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

One of my favorites they did was their playthrough of Heavy Rain. That one was just great.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Woolie really comes off as a try hard in some of their Fight Nights. Also it annoys me when they talk about comics (mainly DC) because they don't know what they're talking about. Maybe they're trolling but it's still annoying at times.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By JakeN7

@jedixman: We should stop listing favorites now before we end up just naming all of their videos. xD

The memorial scenes were nice, but they would've been better if we had them more than once every 10 episodes. Woolie's just a chickensh!t coward who takes no risks and sucks the fun out of what a nuzlocke is supposed to be. -_-

Liam's trolling was epic though. He's the biggest troll in every video, so I don't know why everybody thought that time would be any different. People kept claiming he was being serious, but I think that's BS. Gyarados isn't a water type? C'mon. He needed a way to put some of the fun back into the playthrough, so he trolled his way into our hearts.

Still don't know why Matt was even there though.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthaznable: That's because he is. It's the reason he picks the cheapest, most broken characters and then acts like a badass when he wins. And yeah, this month has been torturous. They know next to nothing about comics, but still act as if their opinion is objective fact. Pat admits that he's never read a comic (because he actively hates them), but we're supposed to take his opinion at face value when he talks sh!t about Green Lantern? F*** that. And Matt is the biggest Marvel fanboy in the world. It's gross. His ignorance about DC is only outweighed by how much sh!t he talks about them.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7 said:

@darthaznable: That's because he is. It's the reason he picks the cheapest, most broken characters and then acts like a badass when he wins. And yeah, this month has been torturous. They know next to nothing about comics, but still act as if their opinion is objective fact. Pat admits that he's never read a comic (because he actively hates them), but we're supposed to take his opinion at face value when he talks sh!t about Green Lantern? F*** that. And Matt is the biggest Marvel fanboy in the world. It's gross. His ignorance about DC is only outweighed by how much sh!t he talks about them.

Yeah it's been a really bad month. Hopefully next month will peak up. I've mainly been watching their Murder Soul Suspect stuff every now and then.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthaznable: I just caught up through that playthrough last night. It has some of the old charm of their Silent Hill playthroughs. I'm enjoying it. I also like the running gag where they get to blame Woolie and Liam for everything wrong in the game. xD

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 JediXMan  Moderator
@jaken7 said:

Woolie gets respect for being a Sandman fan, though.

But yeah, they don't know much about comics.

@jaken7 said:

@darthaznable: That's because he is. It's the reason he picks the cheapest, most broken characters and then acts like a badass when he wins.

He didn't do that in Persona.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By JakeN7

@jedixman: Woolie gets mad props from me for continuing to bring up All Star Superman, and for being the only Zaibatsu member who prefers DC over Marvel.

It's only annoying to me because they act like they do.

And Woolie didn't do that in P4A for a couple of reasons. 1. That's not a game he's super into, and doesn't know a lot about (but it did inspire him to go play P3 and P4). 2. That game is really well balanced, and even the cheapest character (Elizabeth) has a lot of downsides.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 JediXMan  Moderator
@jaken7 said:

@jedixman: Woolie gets mad props from me for continuing to bring up All Star Superman, and for being the only Zaibatsu member who prefers DC over Marvel.

It's only annoying to me because they act like they do.

And Woolie didn't do that in P4A for a couple of reasons. 1. That's not a game he's super into, and doesn't know a lot about (but it did inspire him to go play P3 and P4). 2. That game is really well balanced, and even the cheapest character (Elizabeth) has a lot of downsides.

Agreed.

True, but that's mostly Matt. All of Pat's comments are sarcastic and, essentially, "troll bait" because he doesn't give a crap about comic books (aside from the Walking Dead). Woolie seems to be somebody who reads only GNs and trades, not current runs (that said, neither do I - though I might get the new run of Teen Titans).

1. Perhaps.

2. It's incredibly well balanced. There's really no character that stands out to me as OP. They all have their strengths and weaknesses (that said, I main Mitsuru and Teddie... I don't know what that means).

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By JakeN7

@jedixman: Yeah, that's true. Woolie and Matt are the only ones who act like they know their sh*t when they totes don't. At least Woolie has a wider range of knowledge. In fact, Matt replied to a comment that was calling him out on him being an idiot about DC (more specifically Green Lantern in this case I think) and he said something to the effect of "how am I supposed to know anything about something I care nothing about?"

Sidenote: Really? I still read way too many comics. I go to my LCS every Wednesday. Also, out of all the books currently being published, you pick Teen Titans as the only one you may get into? What is wrong with you!? O_o

That's super weird because Mitsuru has the least amount of stuff going on, and Teddie has the most. I main Naoto, Aigis, and Akihiko. I'm also ridiculously good with Elizabeth, but I avoid using her cheap ass whenever I can.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

@jaken7 said:

@jedixman: Yeah, that's true. Woolie and Matt are the only ones who act like they know their sh*t when they totes don't. At least Woolie has a wider range of knowledge. In fact, Matt replied to a comment that was calling him out on him being an idiot about DC (more specifically Green Lantern in this case I think) and he said something to the effect of "how am I supposed to know anything about something I care nothing about?"

I wonder if, at this point, they just make certain comments to piss people off.

@jaken7 said:

Sidenote: Really? I still read way too many comics. I go to my LCS every Wednesday. Also, out of all the books currently being published, you pick Teen Titans as the only one you may get into? What is wrong with you!? O_o

Okay... well.. here's the thing: I haven't picked up any comics since the New 52 and Marvel Now! came out (aside from Sandman), because I flat out didn't like the direction they were going in. I looked at the TT (because I did like them previously), and I was disappointed. From what I hear, the new team will have a better roster (Robin, Raven, Beast Boy, Wonder Girl, that... purple guy whose name I forget, and somebody else). So I'm curious.

I've mostly been reading older trades, honestly.

@jaken7 said:

That's super weird because Mitsuru has the least amount of stuff going on, and Teddie has the most. I main Naoto, Aigis, and Akihiko. I'm also ridiculously good with Elizabeth, but I avoid using her cheap ass whenever I can.

Yeah, but she's really good. Teddie is just fun (and I kinda troll with him a bit. Just lame it out like its X Tekken). I'm having fun with Yosuke right now, too.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By JakeN7

@jedixman said:

@jaken7 said:

I wonder if, at this point, they just make certain comments to piss people off.

Undoubtedly.

@jedixman said:

@jaken7 said:

Okay... well.. here's the thing: I haven't picked up any comics since the New 52 and Marvel Now! came out (aside from Sandman), because I flat out didn't like the direction they were going in. I looked at the TT (because I did like them previously), and I was disappointed. From what I hear, the new team will have a better roster (Robin, Raven, Beast Boy, Wonder Girl, that... purple guy whose name I forget, and somebody else). So I'm curious.

Okay, I get that...but at the same time, there are soooooooo many good books out there from both publishers. I'll admit that if you were ever interested in Teen Titans (purple guy's name is Bunker by the way), then now is the time to get into them, as Scott Lobdell is finally off the book, and Will Pfeifer is an excellent and underrated writer. It's still just a really odd choice, especially considering all of the other, better books out there.

@jedixman said:

@jaken7 said:

Yeah, but she's really good. Teddie is just fun (and I kinda troll with him a bit. Just lame it out like its X Tekken). I'm having fun with Yosuke right now, too.

Mitsuru is really good! I love playing as her. She's simple and straight forward. Also, I mean...c'mon. IT'S MITSURU SENPAI! "Fun" is the perfect way to describe Yosuke. He's not real great, especially against the more high-tier characters, but he's so much fun to play as.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedixman said:
@joygirl said:

Well, there's really only one appropriate gif:

No Caption Provided
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 JediXMan  Moderator

@jaken7 said:
@jedixman said:

@jaken7 said:

Okay, I get that...but at the same time, there are soooooooo many good books out there from both publishers. I'll admit that if you were ever interested in Teen Titans (purple guy's name is Bunker by the way), then now is the time to get into them, as Scott Lobdell is finally off the book, and Will Pfeifer is an excellent and underrated writer. It's still just a really odd choice, especially considering all of the other, better books out there.

What are some other good books? Again, though, it's partially because I'm a Titans fan, and they're finally giving me a good roster (and Beast Boy is back to being green, finally).

Aside from that, I'm reading Saga, but I'm reading it in trades rather than individual issues.

@jaken7 said:
@jedixman said:

@jaken7 said:

Mitsuru is really good! I love playing as her. She's simple and straight forward. Also, I mean...c'mon. IT'S MITSURU SENPAI! "Fun" is the perfect way to describe Yosuke. He's not real great, especially against the more high-tier characters, but he's so much fun to play as.

Yu is good, but... I don't know. I find him to be too predictable when I play as him (Teddie is anything but predictable). He was my main until I discovered Mitsuru and Teddie. I want to get better as Aigis, though.

What I like about Yosuke is his speed. I can put on a ton of pressure with relentless attacks. He's not the best, but yeah, he's fun to play as.