castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

Edited By castleking
Easter & Zoroastrianism:

The earliest reference we have to a similar holiday comes to us from Babylon, 2400 BCE. The city of Ur apparently had a celebration dedicated to the moon and the spring equinox which was held some time during our months of March or April. On the spring equinox Zoroastrians continue to celebrate “No Ruz,” the new day or New Year. This date is commemorated by the last remaining Zoroastrians and probably constitutes the oldest celebration in the history of the world.

Fertility and Rebirth in the Spring:

Most cultures around the Mediterranean are believed to have had their own spring festivals: whereas in the north the vernal equinox is a time for planting, around the Mediterranean the vernal equinox is a time when the summer crops begin to sprout. This is an important sign of why it has always been a celebration of new life and a triumph of life over death.

Ostara, Eostre, and Easter:

Currently, modern Wiccans and neo-pagans celebrate “Ostara,” a lesser Saabbat on the vernal equinox. Other names for this celebration include Eostre and Oestara and they are derived from the Anglo-Saxon lunar Goddess, Eostre. Some believe that this name is ultimately a variation on the names of other prominent goddesses, like Ishtar, Astarte, and Isis, usually a consort of the gods Osiris or Dionysus, who are depicted as dying and being reborn.

the most interesting interpretation i have ever read and somehow i find to be very unlikely due to the difference in religion and one speaking about the other.
  http://www.lasttrumpetministries.org/tracts/tract1.html

feel free to comment and criticize..
what do you all think about the holiday Easter?
Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By Billy Batson

true meaning: chocolate

castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By castleking
@Billy Batson said:

"

"

nah....

http://comedians.jokes.com/carlos-mencia/videos/carlos-mencia---passion-of-the-christ-pt--2/

The egg is widely used as a symbol of the start of new life, just as new life emerges from an egg when the chick hatches out.

The ancient Zoroastrians painted eggs for Nowrooz, their New Year celebration, which falls on the Spring equinox. The Nawrooz tradition has existed for at least 2,500 years. The sculptures on the walls of Persepolis show people carrying eggs for Nowrooz to the king.

At the Jewish Passover Seder, hard-boiled eggs called Beitzah dipped in salt water symbolizes the Qorban Chagigah or Hashlamim, the festival peace-offerings sacrificed at the Temple in Jerusalem to be eaten on Erev Pesach.

There are good grounds for the association between hares (later termed Easter bunnies) and eggs, through folklore confusion between hares' forms (where they raise their young) and plovers' nests. The mention of eggs left for children in connection with the Germanic goddess Ostara in the supposed Old High German lullaby is considered a literary forgery.

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By Billy Batson
biggkeem89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By biggkeem89

Easter: The day we celebrate the death and resurrection of Peter Rabbit, who died for our marshmalllow peeps. Crucified by Santa Claus, he rose on the third day to hide eggs...

castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By castleking
@biggkeem89 said:
" Easter: The day we celebrate the death and resurrection of Peter Rabbit, who died for our marshmalllow peeps. Crucified by Santa Claus, he rose on the third day to hide eggs... "
that is very intriguing tell me more and dont leave anything out.

* sits down for the story*
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By King_Saturn  Online
you could almost feel the chills as some religious folks would come in and tear down this thread if they did not like what was explained... lol
Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#7  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
@Billy Batson said:
"

"
biggkeem89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By biggkeem89
@castleking said:

" @biggkeem89 said:

" Easter: The day we celebrate the death and resurrection of Peter Rabbit, who died for our marshmalllow peeps. Crucified by Santa Claus, he rose on the third day to hide eggs... "
that is very intriguing tell me more and dont leave anything out.* sits down for the story* "
The Lord Peter Rabbit was born of a virgin bunny. He performed many miracles such as feeding a multitude with Cadbury Cream eggs, turning water into hot fudge, and raising chickens from the dead. Santa Claus, jealous of the attention Peter Rabbit was getting, infiltrated his inner circle of followers called "The Dozen of Eggs"(can be found at your local Walmart for about $1.50) Before his death, Peter Rabbit sat down with his followers at a meal, and gave them chocolate bunnies saying "This is my body, eat of it and you will attain everlasting life...and candy." Santa promptly betrayed Peter, and he was led up to Candy Mountain and crucified with candy canes. As he died, he hung his head and spoke: "Father, forgive them their marshmallow peeps, for they no not what they do." 3 days later, he rose from the grave bearing a basket egss, and said "Whosoever believeth in me will find the eggs I have hidden, and shall be bathed in my glory forevermore." Amen

I'm going to Hell
castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By castleking
@biggkeem89 said:
" @castleking said:

" @biggkeem89 said:

that is very intriguing tell me more and dont leave anything out.* sits down for the story* "
The Lord Peter Rabbit was born of a virgin bunny. He performed many miracles such as feeding a multitude with Cadbury Cream eggs, turning water into hot fudge, and raising chickens from the dead. Santa Claus, jealous of the attention Peter Rabbit was getting, infiltrated his inner circle of followers called "The Dozen of Eggs"(can be found at your local Walmart for about $1.50) Before his death, Peter Rabbit sat down with his followers at a meal, and gave them chocolate bunnies saying "This is my body, eat of it and you will attain everlasting life...and candy." Santa promptly betrayed Peter, and he was led up to Candy Mountain and crucified with candy canes. As he died, he hung his head and spoke: "Father, forgive them their marshmallow peeps, for they no not what they do." 3 days later, he rose from the grave bearing a basket egss, and said "Whosoever believeth in me will find the eggs I have hidden, and shall be bathed in my glory forevermore." AmenI'm going to Hell "
that is just awesome and it needs to be turned into a short cartoon story animation or even a puppet show to fit the season.
biggkeem89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By biggkeem89
@castleking said:
" @biggkeem89 said:
" @castleking said:

" @biggkeem89 said:

The Lord Peter Rabbit was born of a virgin bunny. He performed many miracles such as feeding a multitude with Cadbury Cream eggs, turning water into hot fudge, and raising chickens from the dead. Santa Claus, jealous of the attention Peter Rabbit was getting, infiltrated his inner circle of followers called "The Dozen of Eggs"(can be found at your local Walmart for about $1.50) Before his death, Peter Rabbit sat down with his followers at a meal, and gave them chocolate bunnies saying "This is my body, eat of it and you will attain everlasting life...and candy." Santa promptly betrayed Peter, and he was led up to Candy Mountain and crucified with candy canes. As he died, he hung his head and spoke: "Father, forgive them their marshmallow peeps, for they no not what they do." 3 days later, he rose from the grave bearing a basket egss, and said "Whosoever believeth in me will find the eggs I have hidden, and shall be bathed in my glory forevermore." AmenI'm going to Hell "
that is just awesome and it needs to be turned into a short cartoon story animation or even a puppet show to fit the season. "
I wish I had the skills to make it happen. Someone get on it!
castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By castleking
@King Saturn said:

" you could almost feel the chills as some religious folks would come in and tear down this thread if they did not like what was explained... lol "

nonsense poopy pants.

also i 'm trying to figure out what Satan has to do with a Sumerian ancient Myth/religion and where the f#$@ is the explanation in the bible and how could i have missed the part the devil played in said Myth/religion.

http://www.lasttrumpetministries.org/tracts/tract1.html
CATPANEXE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12  Edited By CATPANEXE

but really, its about coloring hard boiled chicken eggs, chocolate, plastic grass, and an overworked person in a bunny costume.
and some people go to church and give short props and/or eat ham, say what a great person Jesus was.
if something else is going on it sure doesn't appear that way.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#13  Edited By joshmightbe

This picture represents what easter means to me 

No Caption Provided
well that and candy
castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By castleking

wonder who else participated in the pagan celebration?

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15  Edited By Static Shock

I only believed Easter to be the day Jesus rose from the grave. I'm not even sure how eggs and rabbits relate to that.
castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By castleking
@Static Shock said:

" I only believed Easter to be the day Jesus rose from the grave. I'm not even sure how eggs and rabbits relate to that. "

it is b/c the church overlapped the pagan holidays with their messiah's return. hence why the pagan symbolism became merged with Christianity

The egg is widely used as a symbol of the start of new life, just as new life emerges from an egg when the chick hatches out.

The ancient Zoroastrians painted eggs for Nowrooz, their New Year celebration, which falls on the Spring equinox. The Nawrooz tradition has existed for at least 2,500 years. The sculptures on the walls of Persepolis show people carrying eggs for Nowrooz to the king.

At the Jewish Passover Seder, hard-boiled eggs called Beitzah dipped in salt water symbolizes the Qorban Chagigah or Hashlamim, the festival peace-offerings sacrificed at the Temple in Jerusalem to be eaten on Erev Pesach.

There are good grounds for the association between hares (later termed Easter bunnies) and eggs, through folklore confusion between hares' forms (where they raise their young) and plovers' nests. The mention of eggs left for children in connection with the Germanic goddess Ostara in the supposed Old High German lullaby is considered a literary forgery.

"
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Static Shock

@castleking:
.....the hell... Really?

castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By castleking
@Static Shock said:
"

@castleking:
.....the hell... Really?

"
it is the easiest way to convert and gain new followers if you let them keep doing what they are doing .
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Static Shock
@castleking: Hmmm.....
castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By castleking

i'm shocked, shocked i tell you that you didnt already know all this.

_Sojourn_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By _Sojourn_

Zoroastrianism is one of my favorite things to say 

castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By castleking
@Slight said:
" Zoroastrianism is one of my favorite things to say  "
Zoroastrianism was my favorite religious subject in my theology courses
_Sojourn_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By _Sojourn_
@castleking: It's fun 
joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By joshmightbe

Almost every Christian holiday is a rip off of some pagan tradition Christmas was mostly based on pagan winter solstice festivals, Easter is a rip on various pagan fertility and spring equinox celebrations, there are maybe 2 christian holidays not rooted in pagan traditions maybe less

castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By castleking

@Slight said:

" @castleking: It's fun  "

are you a Zoroastrian?

i'm thinking there are something like less then a 100k  who are practicing Zoroastrian.
it is b/c one cannot convert to Zoroastrianism and one has to be born into it plus it is a closed religion so very difficult to gain converts. iirc.. *fixing my graduation cap*
castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By castleking
@joshmightbe said:
" Almost every Christian holiday is a rip off of some pagan tradition Christmas was mostly based on pagan winter solstice festivals, Easter is a rip on various pagan fertility and spring equinox celebrations, there are maybe 2 christian holidays not rooted in pagan traditions maybe less "
what are the two you have in mind?
joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By joshmightbe

All saints day and Lint though I could be wrong

castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By castleking
@joshmightbe said:

" All saints day and Lint though I could be wrong "

all saints day is a pagan based holiday. i'll have to look up the specific origin but i know it for a fact.

i'll post a youtube video explaining it. never heard of Lint, i'll look that up as well.

figured it out all saints day was the day the Catholic church choice to overlap hallows eve and pagan custom of worshiping and respecting one's  ancestors, duh....

*smack myself in the head*
castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By castleking

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By joshmightbe
@castleking: I was just naming the 2 that sounded the least pagan I'm not completely sure there are any christian holidays not based on pagan ones
castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By castleking
@joshmightbe said:

" @castleking: I was just naming the 2 that sounded the least pagan I'm not completely sure there are any christian holidays not based on pagan ones "

i just looked up Lent  i think is very well rooted in the Christianity and it is a month of fasting which reminds me of Ramadan.
you got me good Sir. Had you mention this 5 yrs ago i would have been able to answer right off the top of my head and give a crash course on religious costumes, symbolism and even supposed dates of when it would have bn 1st observed.
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By King_Saturn  Online
one month of fasting.... heh, never in my life would I do that voluntarily...  
castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By castleking
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers