• 156 results
Paracelsus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By Paracelsus

An old joke runs that what America does today Britain tends to follow suit in a few years later. If so, I don;t want to be around if and when we have"stand your ground" laws that led vigilante George Zimmerman to shoot black teenager Trayvon Martin even though he was carrying no nopthing more lethal than a bag of Skittles and a can of iced tea. Contrary to NRA propaganda and those who favour a "have a go hero" attitudes to personal defence here in the UK, the law is already adequate for those who seriously believe that their life is in danger. Anybody else think as I do?

Terry

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#1  Edited By Static Shock

The way that case is being handles sickens me. 

It's already been proven that it was a hate crime (CNN played back the phone convo, and overheard Zimmerman say 'f!cking c@@ns.' The Sanford Police claim that they don't hear anything. 

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By nefarious

And this is another example of why there will ALWAYS be racism....Racism is a cancer to society as a whole and there is no cure for it...

SuperTide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3  Edited By SuperTide

Zimmerman definitely seems guilty.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Barack Obama is already on it.

SuperTide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sise-Neg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Sise-Neg

My guess why it looks like this isn't being ruled as a hate crime is because the shooter (Zimmerman) looks like this:

No Caption Provided

And not:

No Caption Provided

How many minorities get charged with hate crimes?

SuperTide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By SuperTide

There's no telling how all this will end.

cyberninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

#8  Edited By cyberninja
@Sise-Neg said:

My guess why it looks like this isn't being ruled as a hate crime is because the shooter (Zimmerman) looks like this:

No Caption Provided

And not:

No Caption Provided

None if you live under a rock. 
SuperTide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By SuperTide

@cyberninja said:

@Sise-Neg said:

No Caption Provided

And not:

No Caption Provided

Have any examples or links?

cyberninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By cyberninja
@SuperTide said:

@cyberninja said:

@Sise-Neg said:

No Caption Provided

And not:

No Caption Provided

Google is your friend. 
SuperTide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By SuperTide

@cyberninja said:

@SuperTide said:

@cyberninja said:

@Sise-Neg said:

No Caption Provided

And not:

No Caption Provided

Google is your friend.

Just asking you to back up your statement. You have failed to do so.

cyberninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By cyberninja
@SuperTide said:

@cyberninja said:

@SuperTide said:

@cyberninja said:

@Sise-Neg said:

No Caption Provided

And not:

No Caption Provided

Google is your friend.

Just asking you to back up your statement. You have failed to do so.

To even think that a minority was never charged with hate crime is ridiculous, I'm not even going to dignify that by providing you links to articles that shows everyone is capable of hate crime and try to open your eyes. 
SuperTide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By SuperTide

@cyberninja: I never said there weren't examples. Just asked you if you could provide any.

SuperTide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By SuperTide

On the tape it's pretty clear to me that Zimmerman did use the words f***** c**** so it's at least clear that he followed him bc he was black. Zimmerman looks and probably is guilty bc why follow the guy?Just bc YOU have a gun doesn't mean the other person doesn't also have a gun. I think what happened is he followed Trayvon, they got in a fight, Zimmerman lost and as a result he killed Trayvon. That would be murder. Arrest the guy already.

cyberninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By cyberninja
@SuperTide said:

@cyberninja: I never said there weren't examples. Just asked you if you could provide any.

http://bit.ly/GYiLZ8
SuperTide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By SuperTide

@cyberninja said:

@SuperTide said:

That's a lot to read. Synopsis please.

cyberninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By cyberninja
@SuperTide said:

@cyberninja said:

@SuperTide said:

I am sure I can find audio version narrated by Larry The Cable Guy. 
SuperTide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By SuperTide

@cyberninja said:

@SuperTide said:

@cyberninja said:

@SuperTide said:

I thought he only did comedy.

cyberninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By cyberninja
@SuperTide said:

@cyberninja said:

@SuperTide said:

@cyberninja said:

@SuperTide said:

I thought he only did comedy.

awwww that sucks, I will have to take your word for it then since you know more about him than I do. 
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#20  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Sise-Neg said:

You'd have to look that up...who just has that info on hand? If you point is that they DON'T, you're mistaken.
Rogan2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Rogan2112

I'm personally still digging into all the pertinent facts about this case that I can find. If you listen to JUST the media, this certainly seems a cut and dried case of hate crime/murder. In fact, what little I do the actual proof that has been released DOES lead me to believe that this was at BEST an unjustified shooting, at worst murder. However, there are still tons of things the investigators, crime scene analysts, and county (or city..depends on where it gets tried) have to determine, before they can neceassarily even make an arrest. So give it a little time people. I have a feeling this is going to turn out like most folks think it will.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#22  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

Months ago I said the "Stand Your Ground" laws were RETARDED and hardly anybody agreed with me. All of the sudden something like this happens and everyone and their mother suddenly thinks its so obvious. Thank you mob mentality.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#23  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

It's not self-defense if you respond with significantly more force than your assailant. 

CATPANEXE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#24  Edited By CATPANEXE

@Static Shock said:

The way that case is being handles sickens me.

This and then some. The whole affair and the way people are speaking and acting is almost as disgusting and disheartening as the incident itself.

Quoting a friend from elsewhere (though I cleaned up the language a little)...

If Florida & the DOJ screws up with the prosecution of the Travyon Martin/George Zimmerman case, the resulting fallout is gonna make the L.A. Riots in 1992 look like a bike ride.

He may be onto something.

In other news, Geraldo Rivera's vocal chords should be removed and then shot into space.

Paracelsus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Paracelsus

Hmm-even allowing for Geraldo Rivera's asinine comments about "hoodies" being responsible for the Trayvon Martin shooting(duh-he was wearing a hodie because it was raining,meathead!), the "usual suspects" of the NRA have been suspiciously quiet. Guess when a boy or man of colour is killed-esp by a white man-then it doesn't validate trope that "we" need guns to protect "us" from "them"(and make no mistake, his Hispanic originsns notwithstanding, Zimmerman is as "white" as actresses Cameron Diaz or Sharon Stone!) Alos as we as saw in the Crown Heights rioting, a black youth Lemuel Nelson was convicted of stabbing to death Yankel Rosenbaum and received the maiximum penalty for a hate crime under New York law-so much ffor the argument that minorities are exempt from hate crime legislation)!

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By King_Saturn
and the hate crimes continue... life sucks.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#27  Edited By Static Shock
@CATPANEXE said:

In other news, Geraldo Rivera's vocal chords should be removed and then shot into space.

Oh, Lord. What did he say now? I'm assuming that he tried to defend Zimmerman, right? 

@Lunacyde said:
It's not self-defense if you respond with significantly more force than your assailant. 
Exactly. Self-defense, in some states, is fine only if using a reasonable amount of force. 
Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#28  Edited By Mercy_

Just throwing this out there, because it makes me chuckle.

cyberninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By cyberninja
@The Dark Huntress said:

Just throwing this out there, because it makes me chuckle.

Paracelsus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Paracelsus

Curiouser and curiouser- not only does a "black friend"of Zimmerman's assert that contrary to his references to "f----g coons" on the 911 tape, he is NOT a racist, but the "New Black Panther Party"( designated as a hate group by the US Civil Rights Commission) has announced that it will put a "bounty" on Zimmerman's head( what about the rest of him or is it just on his head I wonder?) for his capture( the NBPP didn't actually say "wanted dead or alive" as George W. Bush said apropos of Osama Bin Laden just after 9/11 but its meaning was clear). Personally I am inclined to view such "let's take the law into our own hands" attitude with extreme reserve- former US Attorney General Ramsey Clarke makes the point in his magisterial "Crime In America"( Simon & Schuster, 1970) that such vigilanteism almost invariably does more harm than good in the long run- in the South, Midwest and even the North, this laissez faire attitude has encouraged lynch mobs and kangaroo courts- whose victims were almost invariably black, brown , red and occasionally even white(OK Zimmerman, his Hispanic descent notwithstanding is white or generally regarded as such, but the principle is still valid). The NBPP should "cool its jets" and let the FBI , DOJ and Florida's state authorities do their job before heating up an already tense situation- just as Trayvon Martin's father publicly advised.

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy

It was released they the two got in a fight and Martin was beating Zimmermans ass (13 year old eye witness saw Zimmerman laying on the ground screaming). Zimmerman had busted nose and lacerations on the back of his head. Martin was staying in the neighborhood because he was suspended from school for marijuana. Zimmerman didn't know who the kid was and followed him because of him being 'suspicious'. Martin confronted Zimmerman and they got in a fight which ended in Zimmerman shooting Martin. Martin was 6'2-6'3 and Zimmerman 5'9. It sucks a life was taken, and I think Zimmerman should do some time for taking someones life, but he shouldn't be convicted for straight up murder. And now the Black Panthers have put a bounty on Zimmermans head and nothing is being done to stop this. I see something serverly wrong with that.

Also, Al Sharpton is going to be protesting outside the court and packing money into his pockets.

cyberninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By cyberninja
@BiteMe-Fanboy said:

It was released they the two got in a fight and Martin was beating Zimmermans ass (13 year old eye witness saw Zimmerman laying on the ground screaming). Zimmerman had busted nose and lacerations on the back of his head. Martin was staying in the neighborhood because he was suspended from school for marijuana. Zimmerman didn't know who the kid was and followed him because of him being 'suspicious'. Martin confronted Zimmerman and they got in a fight which ended in Zimmerman shooting Martin. Martin was 6'2-6'3 and Zimmerman 5'9. It sucks a life was taken, and I think Zimmerman should do some time for taking someones life, but he shouldn't be convicted for straight up murder. And now the Black Panthers have put a bounty on Zimmermans head and nothing is being done to stop this. I see something serverly wrong with that.

Also, Al Sharpton is going to be protesting outside the court and packing money into his pockets.

Avatar image for zorn_a_rust_red_scythe
Zorn_a_Rust_Red_Scythe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I usually make it a point to stay out of a topic like this, but the way big media is misconstruing what happened to incite racial tension is sickening. Let's get a few things out there. First off, look at the pictures they chose of both of them in order to manipulate how people think about this case:

No Caption Provided

Trayvon Martin wasn't some innocent little kid like the media is trying to sway people into thinking. He was a thug who was suspended for assaulting a bus driver previously.

http://www.examiner.com/charleston-conservative-in-charleston-sc/trayvon-martin-s-ten-day-suspension

And according to an eyewitness, Zimmerman's version of events fit what actually happened - Treyvon attacked him first.

"With a single punch, Trayvon Martin decked the Neighborhood Watch volunteer who eventually shot and killed the unarmed 17-year-old, then Trayvon climbed on top of George Zimmerman and slammed his head into the sidewalk several times, leaving him bloody and battered, authorities have revealed to the Orlando Sentinel.

That is the account Zimmerman gave police, and much of it has been corroborated by witnesses, authorities say.

Zimmerman has not spoken publicly about what happened, but that night, Feb. 26, and in later meetings he described and re-enacted for police what he says happened.

In his version of events, he had turned around and was walking back to his SUV when Trayvon approached him from behind, the two exchanged words then Trayvon punched him in the nose, sending him to the ground, and began beating him."

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2012-03-26/news/os-trayvon-martin-zimmerman-account-20120326_1_marijuana-report-press-conference-gated-community

There's real, racial hatred, and then there's the kind governmedia manufactures... - Which one is backed up by more photo and video evidence..?

No Caption Provided

And where is all the media and public outrage over the murder of white people by blacks?

These are the photos of the people who butchered Channon after forcing her to watch them mutilate and murder her boyfriend, Christopher Newsom
These are the photos of the people who butchered Channon after forcing her to watch them mutilate and murder her boyfriend, Christopher Newsom
No Caption Provided

Or how about this...

John Sanderson
John Sanderson

3 black males gun down white male at MSU in apparent Black Panther-style execution because they can't get George Zimmerman, they murder some random white kid instead. The shooters have been positively identified on video as not MSU students, and are still at large. Where's the media hysteria..? Three black males murder a white student - yet no media firestorm..? No calls for whites to unite..? No concerns for the safety of the community...?

http://nems360.com/pages/full_story/push?article-UPDATE-+Identity+of+shooting+victim+at+Mississippi+State+released+&id=17997259&instance=lead_story_left_column

Avatar image for the_man_of_yesteryear
The Man of Yesteryear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, the Black Panthers have put a $10,000 price tag on Zimmerman's head, so he'd better start stocking up on some more ammo.

cyberninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By cyberninja

Well if it isn't the old "media is the problem" story. 

Zorn_a_Rust_Red_Scythe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cyberninja said:

Do you make it a habit of ignoring the obvious?

cyberninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By cyberninja
@Zorn_a_Rust_Red_Scythe said:

@cyberninja said:

I don't wear tin foil hat, please tell me more about this "obvious" thingy.
Zorn_a_Rust_Red_Scythe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cyberninja said:

@cyberninja said:

Media bias is not a conspiracy theory. The evidence is right on the idiot box.

Nova`Prime`

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Nova`Prime`

@cyberninja:Its an old story, but media does have a lot that it can be blamed for, and I am not just talking about this particular case. They love to hype up the stories even blatantly "reporting" false or misleading stories just to drive up ratings. They work the populace into a frenzy, and then when said populace lashes out they love to point and say how violent they are. Now I haven't been following this case very closely, frankly from what I have read and heard about it the stories being told are so far apart how do you know who to believe and when in doubt I usually don't trust the media.

cyberninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By cyberninja

@cyberninja said:

@cyberninja said:

awwww that's sad because I don't speak idiot. You haven't still told me the "Obvious" thingy though.  

@Nova`Prime` said:

@cyberninja:Its an old story, but media does have a lot that it can be blamed for, and I am not just talking about this particular case. They love to hype up the stories even blatantly "reporting" false or misleading stories just to drive up ratings. They work the populace into a frenzy, and then when said populace lashes out they love to point and say how violent they are. Now I haven't been following this case very closely, frankly from what I have read and heard about it the stories being told are so far apart how do you know who to believe and when in doubt I usually don't trust the media.

I doubt anyone dislikes ALL media, it's safe to say some believe in only certain media, and I don't blame them, it is kind of suiting to hear only what you want to hear. I'm not going to lie, media is an easy scapegoat, and they do contribute to the problem, but they are certainly are not the root of the problem. To blame everything entirely on the media is a bit too simpleton for me. 
BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
John Sanderson
John Sanderson

I usually make it a point to stay out of a topic like this, but the way big media is misconstruing what happened to incite racial tension is sickening. Let's get a few things out there. First off, look at the pictures they chose of both of them in order to manipulate how people think about this case:

Trayvon Martin wasn't some innocent little kid like the media is trying to sway people into thinking. He was a thug who was suspended for assaulting a bus driver previously.

http://www.examiner.com/charleston-conservative-in-charleston-sc/trayvon-martin-s-ten-day-suspension

And according to an eyewitness, Zimmerman's version of events fit what actually happened - Treyvon attacked him first.

"With a single punch, Trayvon Martin decked the Neighborhood Watch volunteer who eventually shot and killed the unarmed 17-year-old, then Trayvon climbed on top of George Zimmerman and slammed his head into the sidewalk several times, leaving him bloody and battered, authorities have revealed to the Orlando Sentinel.

That is the account Zimmerman gave police, and much of it has been corroborated by witnesses, authorities say.

Zimmerman has not spoken publicly about what happened, but that night, Feb. 26, and in later meetings he described and re-enacted for police what he says happened.

In his version of events, he had turned around and was walking back to his SUV when Trayvon approached him from behind, the two exchanged words then Trayvon punched him in the nose, sending him to the ground, and began beating him."

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2012-03-26/news/os-trayvon-martin-zimmerman-account-20120326_1_marijuana-report-press-conference-gated-community

There's real, racial hatred, and then there's the kind governmedia manufactures... - Which one is backed up by more photo and video evidence..?

And where is all the media and public outrage over the murder of white people by blacks?

Or how about this...

3 black males gun down white male at MSU in apparent Black Panther-style execution because they can't get George Zimmerman, they murder some random white kid instead. The shooters have been positively identified on video as not MSU students, and are still at large. Where's the media hysteria..? Three black males murder a white student - yet no media firestorm..? No calls for whites to unite..? No concerns for the safety of the community...?

http://nems360.com/pages/full_story/push?article-UPDATE-+Identity+of+shooting+victim+at+Mississippi+State+released+&id=17997259&instance=lead_story_left_column

WTF. Why don't we hear about THIS? People ignore this.

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Billy Batson

BB

Avatar image for trueilluminatus
TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By TrueIlluminatus

This thread is about to become a flame-war beyond comprehension. 

@Billy Batson said:

BB

Got any soda?
cyberninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By cyberninja
@BiteMe-Fanboy said: 

WTF. Why don't we hear about THIS?

No Caption Provided
Zorn_a_Rust_Red_Scythe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cyberninja said:

@cyberninja said:

@cyberninja said:

awwww that's sad because I don't speak idiot. You haven't still told me the "Obvious" thingy though.

"Idiot box" means television. I'm sure you understand the English language and watch tv like many other people. In any case, it's also obvious that if you're oblivious to the fact that there is media bias, then there's not much point in discussing this with you.

cyberninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By cyberninja

@cyberninja said:

@cyberninja said:

@cyberninja said:

"Idiot box" means television.

You don't say?
TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By TrueIlluminatus

Yeah, media bias is the problem here. *eyeroll* 

Really, people, a young-adult got shot because some clown had an itchy trigger-finger and was about as paranoid as Glenn Beck. Let's focus on the issues at hand.

Zorn_a_Rust_Red_Scythe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Illuminatus said:

Yeah, media bias is the problem here. *eyeroll* Really, people, a young-adult got shot because some clown had an itchy trigger-finger and was about as paranoid as Glenn Beck. Let's focus on the issues at hand.

Actually, if the eyewitness accounts are correct in accordance with what Zimmerman has been saying, he was using self defense after Treyvon beat him down and started pummeling his face in. It's not irrational to be paranoid for your life after being attacked like that, especially by someone so much bigger than you.

TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By TrueIlluminatus

@Illuminatus said:

Yeah, media bias is the problem here. *eyeroll* Really, people, a young-adult got shot because some clown had an itchy trigger-finger and was about as paranoid as Glenn Beck. Let's focus on the issues at hand.

Actually, if the eyewitness accounts are correct in accordance with what Zimmerman has been saying, he was using self defense after Treyvon beat him down and started pummeling his face in. It's not irrational to be paranoid for your life after being attacked like that, especially by someone so much bigger than you.

Obviously, you put much more faith in eyewitness accounts than I do. They're more often than not completely and totally unreliable and filled to the brim with personal bias under a veil of genuine honesty and apathy towards the situation they "witnessed".
Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Billy Batson

@Illuminatus said:

This thread is about to become a flame-war beyond comprehension.

@Billy Batson said:

BB

Got any soda?

no.
BB