• 57 results
#1 Edited by Vaeternus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok, so I know lately on here this has been a topic of discussion but figured I'd make a thread where people aren't at each other's throats over it lol.

So, this topic is simple post your top 10 or top 3, or top 5 whatever you want most violent video games in history!! Like ever! lol

There's various youtube videos of people or game sites posting theirs and pretty much MK, GTA and Dead Space are always in it lol. Rightfully so. Personally, I don't even see how COD is even close. Yeah, you shoot people but just seems plain compared to the above games. At least to me.

Anywho, here's my top ten most violent games! Videos to each below.

P.S. Feel free to post videos, pictures whatever you guys want! Enjoy!

# 10. Soldier Of Fortune-Bloody and honestly very comparable to Postel, in comparison to COD honestly it makes it look PG 13 in comparison. You can blow people's arms, legs and heads off literally in SOF/God Of War-Kratos obviously comes from a dark, gritty world and had a few of his own fatalities which is why he gets honored here.

#9. Carmageddon-The most violent racing game ever to exist since the 90's, where you get points by running over people, splattering them on your windshield and also running over zombies too for mere points.

# 8. Resident Evil 4(RE in general)-While they're all bloody, the 4th one really set the bar with chain saws, photorealistic graphics and being able to take out someone's head with a shotty never gets old makes it worthy of my list.

# 7. Madworld-The most bloody Nintendo exclusive ever, while black and white you can toss people into grinders, spikes, chop off their heads, in half. Think of it as the MK and Gears of War for Nintendo, but in black and white.

# 6. Gears Of War- Very gritty looking world, dark and bloody the known infamous chain saw body slice makes this game worthy of this list. Also banned in some countries.

# 5. Postel-This game was just the most warped FPS being able to silence your gun by using shooting thought a cat's dead body by shoving your gun up it's butt and shooting through it's mouth...and kicking heads around. This game was banned in some places. This game was SOF and then some..

# 4. Wolfenstein-This game was before any other known FPS, even before the Dooms and Quakes but at the time made by the same people. This game was not only bloody for it's time as a FPS but had swastikas in the game and you had to escape from a Nazi prison(Castle Wolfenstein) being a WWII spy. This game has been banned in certain places like Germany or at least was at one point.

# 3. Manhunt 2-This game was just messed up, you went around killing people but in very brutal ways. By suffocating, strangling, stabbing, shooting or beating them to death with a baseball bat. There were numerous brutal methods in this game to kill people. This game was banned in some countries and caused lots of controversy like MK did when it came out.

# 2. Grand Theft Auto(more known as GTA) 3 (tied with Dead Space 2)-GTA everyone knows by now and has caused lots of controversy from killing cops to banging hookers to running people over for fun. You can also engage in drugs, criminal activity and of course the sexual activity(as bad as it looked) it was the concept that turned heads leading to things such as the "Hot Coffee" incident. This game is also banned in some countries. Tied however is Dead Space 2- This game was not only creepy at times but very bloody, smashing mutant alien babies and body parts all over the floor make it worthy of this list. DS has also been banned in a few places..

# 1. Mortal Kombat 9(aka Mortal Kombat 2011)- Choosing number one was hard between Manhunt, MK and Dead Space in terms of pure violence but at the end of the day MK takes the win and here's why. For one, back in 1992 when MK first came out it not only turned heads but was the cause of the ESRB rating system in place today for games. Joe Libermann(D) now turned (I) made a huge stink over MK, Nighttrap and Doom especially MK and showing the infamous "Sub-Zero head rip" Fatality. Being a little kid at the time I still remember playing this in movie theatres, bowling alleys and being shocked compared to the cartoony Street Fighter. This game was a big deal in the early 90's being as how no other fighting game much less games at all at that time were not only popular but had the ability to "rip someone's head off with the spine attached" it was a big deal. All throughout the years, this game has caused controversy, been banned in various countries such as Germany and Australia(with Australia having it not only banned in 2011 version) but illegal to import. If caught it lead to a 100,000 fine...now however, they have or are working on their own ESRB system so that the fans can enjoy games like MK, GTA, Manhunt etc. All that aside, MK9 is arguably one of the most warped, bloody, gory and messed up violent games ever to be made. The fact that it's a great game, tourney played game, deep story for a fighting game and of course the name alone Mortal Kombat turning heads made it a bigger deal for Countries like Germany and Australia. All of that aside, the game's known X-ray attacks made people cringe initially as well as the now HD, photorealistic graphic Fatalities which are not just bloody and gorier then before but more realistic in some ways such as Kung Lao's Hat saw and drag the body through it in half fatality turning heads...MK was always a big name in gaming especially when it came to violence, however MK9 the team did everything they did in the past and then some making it arguably one of the most if not the most bloody, gory game ever made to date. Even if you don't do fatalities, the game has nasty stage fatalities and by the time you're done fighting it's nothing but a bloody mess with flesh hanging off of the victor. If you did do a fatality, half the time they're just gory, bloody, messed up or flat out wrong.

Honorable mentions:

Spatterhouse-More or less a free roaming Mortal Kombat going around slicing people up, in half etc a gorefest

Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2(Not so much for gore or blood even, but for going around shooting people(while this concept is old as far back as Doom, Wolfenstein and Quake, Goldeneye, PD etc) this game was more controversial due to the infamous "Russian Mission" where you went into an airport and shot innocent people as part of the mission. This mission was banned in Russia. More so controversial then bloody and violent.

Condemned-A game I nearly forgot about, but worth mentioning. Was a game where you're a cop battling killers, psychos and spending most of the game beating them to a pulp with things like baseball bats, crowbars, pipes. Good game too. May have been banned in some spots.

Thrill Kill-More or less a up to 4 player Mortal Kombat fighting game with 3D graphics and around movement, with freaks from hell doing fatalities, dismemberment to BDSM and fetishistic like costumes. This game was billed as the next MK and cancelled due to EA worried about their public image. So it was taken off shelves, but overall the game turned heads more so for the ridiculous elements in the game rather then the game itself which honestly sucked.

Eternal Champions-Another fighting game by Sega in an attempt to compete with SF and MK, and combining some elements such as the fatalities, stage fatalities from MK in it mixed with cartoony look, blood etc. The Itchy & Scratchy of fighting games if you will.

Bio-Freaks-Ironically also made by the same people who did MK originally(Midway at the time) was a fighting game like MK, dark, gritty but you could literally slice, dismember and toss projectiles in someone that stayed in them and have them bleeding out during the fight as well as having stage fatalities.

The Suffering-Messed up game but fun.

Doom-This game caused tons of controversy but not quite as much as Wolfenstein but made by the same people at the time, going to hell battling demons caused a rift.

Quake-Again, made by the same folks who did Doom and Wolfenstein. This game caused some controversy with shooting a nailgun into someone and shooting freaks and mutant derelicts then Quake 2 came out to center around an alien enemy race known as the "Strogg"

Psi-Ops:The MindGate Conspiracy-This game is arguably one of the most underrated games ever made, great gameplay engine the first of it's kind during the time and is actually the predecessor to the popular SW game The Force Unleashed. Where it's a 3rd person game, free roam engine with psychic powers TK, PK, Mind Control, Aura View, Mind Drain etc where you could smash guys up against a wall creating a bloody mess blow people up with fire, shoot them besides and mind drain them where their heads explode.

State of Emergency- This game was like a mix of GTA and Manhunt but not quite as bad.

Bully-More or less another GTA clone, but with a kid in a school doing what he wants minus the sex, drugs of GTA.

House Of The Dead-The most known on rail shooter, pretty violent shooting Zombies in the face with gushing blood lol. Always fun.

Boarderlands-Has it's violent moments and should be noted.

Fallout series-While not as "high action" as other FPS's, this game has it's moments with shooting mutant people and mutated animals into bits, decapitations, limbs with sniper shots or other interesting guns.

Saint's Row-more or less a GTA clone with gangs instead of the mob.

Killer Instinct- This game gets my # 1 choice as far as the "Honorable Mentions" category is concerned due to the fact that it was one of the few fighters back in the 90's that could compete with the whole Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat craze, ironically combining elements from both with a new system with a "combo breaker" while having similar gameplay elements to SF, while having the darker theme and finishing moves known as "Humiliations" similar to Mortal Kombat. This game was fun, cool and had nice music too but sadly died over 10 years ago and only lasted 3 games. To this day, fans want a reborn KI 3 much like Capcom did with SF and WB/NRS did with MK but has yet to happen.

Starting from 10-1

#2 Posted by Vaeternus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio

Nobody has a top 10 list? I know this is a PG13 site but come on!! :P

#3 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (19938 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vaeternus: Modern Warfare 2 shouldn't be on this list in my opinion. There are numerous games that are more bloody.

#4 Posted by RobocopSlayerT800 (2341 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice vids.

#5 Posted by MonsterStomp (16106 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't have a top 10 list.

But I thank you for mentioning Killer Instinct. Was my favourite game back in the days. Loved the Ultra combo's and they should reboot it :)

#6 Posted by Pokeysteve (8076 posts) - - Show Bio

God Of War should be higher. There is more blood in any one game than all of the Mortal Kombat games. Kratos actually rips dudes in half and throws the pieces at other dudes hahaha good times.

#7 Edited by Vaeternus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio

@Pokeysteve said:

God Of War should be higher. There is more blood in any one game than all of the Mortal Kombat games. Kratos actually rips dudes in half and throws the pieces at other dudes hahaha good times.

Not MK9, MK9 surpasses GOW easily. All he does in his games are slice people in half and rip off their heads. You can do that in MK and then some. MK9 is also banned in Germany and Aussy, not GOW. It's not even close. Besides, half of GOW's fatalities were taken from MK like the head rip for example.

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek said:

@Vaeternus: Modern Warfare 2 shouldn't be on this list in my opinion. There are numerous games that are more bloody.

Yeah, you're right. That's why I tied it with Soldier of Fortune and even stated that in terms of blood, it really can't hold a lick to SOF or even Doom honestly. That 10 spot was hard but perhaps the 10 spot in terms of blood would go for SOF or God of War possibly..

@MonsterStomp said:

I don't have a top 10 list.

But I thank you for mentioning Killer Instinct. Was my favourite game back in the days. Loved the Ultra combo's and they should reboot it :)

Yep, KI was definitely fun. Different from SF and MK but just as fun. I enjoyed the second game the most.

#8 Posted by JediXMan (29628 posts) - - Show Bio

God of War should be on the list.

#9 Posted by spetsnaz_gru (235 posts) - - Show Bio

No Condemned? And for me, Manhunt should be the number one. That game is just messed up.

#10 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vaeternus: I didn't know Gears of War was banned in certain countries.Do you know which ones? And was it all three or just the first one?

#11 Posted by ScruffyNerfherder (27 posts) - - Show Bio

I have to say that Grand Theft Auto is the most violent video game.

#12 Posted by Dark_Vengeance_ (14587 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan said:

God of War should be on the list.

#13 Posted by Pokeysteve (8076 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vaeternus: Being banned doesn't equal more or less violent. Mortal Kombat doesn't have a patent on ripping someones head off. And finally, the MK are only super violent at the end of fights IF you can perform a fatality. GoW is straight blood and gore through out. Regular game play + cut scenes.

It definitely beats Grand Theft Auto and Call of Duty MF2.

#14 Edited by Vaeternus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio

@Pokeysteve said:

@Vaeternus: Being banned doesn't equal more or less violent. Mortal Kombat doesn't have a patent on ripping someones head off. And finally, the MK are only super violent at the end of fights IF you can perform a fatality. GoW is straight blood and gore through out. Regular game play + cut scenes.

Reason why I put COD is because that russian mission is pretty violent gunning down tons of innocent people, but I may edit it and put GOW some where in there, it's definitely not the most though besides MK actually is violent during the gameplay too as it's the only fighter to have messed up clothing, bruising, blood and pieces of flesh hanging off your body you get that messed up now..lol

GTA I agree to a degree, while it's not a bloody, gory game is violent with killing cops, people in the street etc. I'm not saying GOW isn't violent, but really only when he finishes someone.

But I'll put it in there somewhere probably 8, 9 or 10 some where.

@mrdecepticonleader said:

@Vaeternus: I didn't know Gears of War was banned in certain countries.Do you know which ones? And was it all three or just the first one?

Yep, http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/553688-Gears-of-War-banned-in-Germany

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/10/22/gears-of-war-2-banned-in-germany-japan/

@spetsnaz_gru said:

No Condemned? And for me, Manhunt should be the number one. That game is just messed up.

True, but So is MK lol Manhunt is on the list though and I knew that had to be a, top 5. So no worries. Condemned I actually forgot but will add to the honorable mentions. It's more creepy with psychos rather then bloody violent, but it is violent to a degree I suppose.

#15 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vaeternus: Thanks

#16 Posted by Vaeternus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio

K, list has been updated I moved God Of War on the list tied with SOF.

@mrdecepticonleader said:

@Vaeternus: Thanks

Yep ;) anytime.

#17 Posted by Edamame (27984 posts) - - Show Bio

1. Condemned

2. Manhunt

3. The Suffering

4. Dead Space

5. Doom N64 (lol It was very graphic.)

6. Hexen N64

7. Don't forget Super Mario N64 as well.

#18 Posted by Vaeternus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio

@Edamame said:

1. Condemned

2. Manhunt

3. The Suffering

4. Dead Space

5. Doom N64 (lol It was very graphic.)

6. Hexen N64

7. Don't forget Super Mario N64 as well.

Super Mario and Hexen? lol :P

#19 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

Good to know MK is at the top! ^_^

#20 Posted by Edamame (27984 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vaeternus: Well, Super Mario N64 was a joke (lol), but Hexen was certainly brutal in some scenes.

#21 Posted by Pokeysteve (8076 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vaeternus said:

@Pokeysteve said:

Reason why I put COD is because that russian mission is pretty violent gunning down tons of innocent people, but I may edit it and put GOW some where in there, it's definitely not the most though besides MK actually is violent during the gameplay too as it's the only fighter to have messed up clothing, bruising, blood and pieces of flesh hanging off your body you get that messed up now..lol

GTA I agree to a degree, while it's not a bloody, gory game is violent with killing cops, people in the street etc. I'm not saying GOW isn't violent, but really only when he finishes someone.

I can live with that. It deserves a spot is all. That scene in CoD MW2 was just as shocking as it was violent. My conscience is huge and I think I only shot one innocent in that level hahahaha. With Grand Theft Auto........that's just good times right there!!! After I found that GoW video I checked MK9 and like what I saw. They've come a long way with the violence and creativity of the Fatalities.

#22 Posted by Sherlock (7244 posts) - - Show Bio

Pokemon Blue Version.Thats some serous stuff going down there

#23 Posted by Aronmorales (9434 posts) - - Show Bio

In order of what comes to mind first:

the God of War series in general, but GoW3 specifically.

the Mortal Kombat series in general, but MK9 specifically.

the Darksiders series.

The Unreal/Unreal tournament series (Unreal Tournament 3 comes to mind)

The latest Ninja Gaiden.

Dead Rising 2.

Dead Island.

Killer Instinct.

Borderlands 2.

and the Bioshock series (with Bioshock 2 in mind).

#24 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

Dead Space was pretty jacked up.

#25 Posted by Enemybird (3138 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine origins is #1

#26 Posted by Vaeternus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio

@Pokeysteve said:

@Vaeternus said:

@Pokeysteve said:

I can live with that. It deserves a spot is all. That scene in CoD MW2 was just as shocking as it was violent. My conscience is huge and I think I only shot one innocent in that level hahahaha. With Grand Theft Auto........that's just good times right there!!! After I found that GoW video I checked MK9 and like what I saw. They've come a long way with the violence and creativity of the Fatalities.

Cool.

Totally, sure dude. After thinking on what you said and re-watching COD vs. GOW I decided to put it tied with SOF, I think that was a good tie. SOF was one of the more violent shooters taking off limbs, heads etc while Kratos does that to his enemies, stabs them, rips off their heads etc lol

But yeah I agree, while the COD MW2 russian mission was violent, I think it was more controversial then anything. Yeah, GTA I think was a bigger deal with the older games where as MK kind of pulled the opposite. Was a big deal at first, then died down now went over the top again in MK9 lol. The boss fatalities I forgot to mention some of which are arguably more violent and messed up then the normal fatalities. Goro as you can see in the vid I posted picks you up, rips off your limbs then tears your body in half literally...lol Shao Kahn's fatality he punches both hands through your body, then slowly rips your body in half...lol I mean that sounds beyond painful haha.

@Aronmorales said:

In order of what comes to mind first:

the God of War series in general, but GoW3 specifically.

the Mortal Kombat series in general, but MK9 specifically.

the Darksiders series.

The Unreal/Unreal tournament series (Unreal Tournament 3 comes to mind)

The latest Ninja Gaiden.

Dead Rising 2.

Dead Island.

Killer Instinct.

Borderlands 2.

and the Bioshock series (with Bioshock 2 in mind).

Forgot about Boarderlands and Fallout, I think I'll put them in honorable mentions

#27 Posted by Aronmorales (9434 posts) - - Show Bio

Honorable mention will do.

#28 Posted by Vaeternus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio

@Edamame said:

@Vaeternus: Well, Super Mario N64 was a joke (lol), but Hexen was certainly brutal in some scenes.

lol I figured, I just thought it was funny yet random haha. Although, Mario picking up Luigi and tossing him in the lava is pretty violent haha. Hexen in some scenes yeah I guess.

#29 Posted by Nefarious (18784 posts) - - Show Bio

Prototype.

#30 Posted by Edamame (27984 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vaeternus said:

lol I figured, I just thought it was funny yet random haha. Although, Mario picking up Luigi and tossing him in the lava is pretty violent haha. Hexen in some scenes yeah I guess.

PFFTT. LOL

By the way, how long did it take you to beat Doom N64? This was years ago, but it took me a very long time. It was also a very scary game, and the music terrified me.

#31 Posted by Vaeternus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio

@Edamame said:

@Vaeternus said:

PFFTT. LOL

By the way, how long did it take you to beat Doom N64? This was years ago, but it took me a very long time. It was also a very scary game, and the music terrified me.

I never beat Doom 64, was so damn dark I could barely see anything I think I have it actually lol some where. And just hard as hell...lol

#32 Edited by GodOfMischief (636 posts) - - Show Bio

In no order, some of the goriest games I've played: Gears of War trilogy, Dead Space 1 and 2, Mortal Kombat 2011, Assassin's Creed series, (not exactly gory, but bloody and brutal) Prototype, Left 4 Dead 2, Dead Rising 1 and 2, I've got a lot of 15 and 18 games, but I can't remember the most violent ones off the top of my head.

#33 Posted by Vaeternus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio

Prototype, Darkness 2 forgot about and a game called Time Killers

#34 Posted by Stormbox (2001 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vaeternus said:

Prototype, Darkness 2 forgot about and a game called Time Killers

Dont forget bloodstorm, a well known mortal kombat clone

#35 Edited by isaac_clarke (5448 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991 said:

Dead Space was pretty jacked up.

Considering the inclusion of multiple variations of how you die, a love of giant meat grinders, the entire game play consisting of tearing things limb to limb or just the massive amount of plain violent deaths in the series - it certainly deserves a shout out.

Hell you drop kick babies, deal with exploding babies (cutting off their heads!) and slice and dice your way slews of alienzombified children.

Still get a kick out of the time I let a buddy of mine in the Air-force try to clear through the first dead space game, in the dark.

#36 Posted by Bruxae (12642 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmm..

• Soldiers of Fortune
  • Carmageddon
  • Killer Instinct
  • Manhunt
  • Postal

These are the first ones that come to mind as controversially violent, while not quite in the same way id say Duke Nukem 3D should also be on the list, I mean you not only blow up monsters in bloody Doom-like ways, you actually rip the boss characters head off to then sit down and take a shit in his throat while whistlening the themesong and reading a paper among other things.

#37 Posted by Vaeternus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio

@Bruxae said:

Hmm..

• Soldiers of Fortune
  • Carmageddon
  • Killer Instinct
  • Manhunt
  • Postal

These are the first ones that come to mind as controversially violent, while not quite in the same way id say Duke Nukem 3D should also be on the list, I mean you not only blow up monsters in bloody Doom-like ways, you actually rip the boss characters head off to then sit down and take a shit in his throat while whistlening the themesong and reading a paper among other things.

Duke Nukem, definitely had it's moments. Not so much though on KI, it was a little violent. Always took I as a watered down MK but I don't recall any controversy around it. MK yeah, Doom, etc but never KI.

KI was probably the second fighting game that was popular and to have blood though(MK being the first)

The rest I totally agree and are indeed on my list ;)

#38 Posted by The_Lunact_And_Manic (3286 posts) - - Show Bio
  1. Manhunt
  2. Everything else.
#39 Posted by ARMIV2 (8289 posts) - - Show Bio

Lemme see what I can remember playing (or at least watched plenty of) that was very gory...

In no particular order, God of War (in all honesty some of the ways he offed people felt a wee unnecessary to me), Dead Space, Doom 3 (might I add that this is also the scariest game I have ever played), Resident Evil, and...gosh, that's all I can remember at the moment.

#40 Edited by Vaeternus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Lunact_And_Manic said:

1. Manhunt
  2. Everything else.

I think MK and Manhunt are tied in terms of banned and violence. lol Both games have been under lots of scrutiny and banned in Germany, Japan and Australia historically. I know MK9 is the first game ever to not just be banned in Australia but it's illegal to have the game there, import penalty is 100,000 if caught importing copies of the game...but yeah, to me both are around the same lol.

MK's fatalities have always turned heads...MK9's are more realistic implemented compared to previous MK games and the Kung Lao Fatality is just wrong....lol. Manhunt while not as gory or bloody as MK, is violent from a murder perspective with putting bags over people's heads and snapping their necks. I played Manhunt a while ago, pretty violent but not that gory or anything. I actually recently ordered Manhunt 2 for Wii.

That's why They're currently working on their own ESRB system...

@ARMIV2 said:

Lemme see what I can remember playing (or at least watched plenty of) that was very gory...

In no particular order, God of War (in all honesty some of the ways he offed people felt a wee unnecessary to me), Dead Space, Doom 3 (might I add that this is also the scariest game I have ever played), Resident Evil, and...gosh, that's all I can remember at the moment.

haha, play MK9 some of those fatalities are just flat out wrong...

I thought the same about Doom 3 being scary too until I played F.E.A.R. lol but I do agree that Doom 3 is scary, not necessarily most violent though I don't think. It was average in terms of violence. RE, Dead Space lol yeah I think you're listing scarier or creepy games as oppose to violent. Although, DS is violent too. :P

#41 Posted by ARMIV2 (8289 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vaeternus said:

1. Manhunt
  2. Everything else.

I think MK and Manhunt are tied in terms of banned and violence. lol Both games have been under lots of scrutiny and banned in Germany, Japan and Australia historically. I know MK9 is the first game ever to not just be banned in Australia but it's illegal to have the game there, import penalty is 100,000 if caught importing copies of the game...but yeah, to me both are around the same lol.

MK's fatalities have always turned heads...MK9's are more realistic implemented compared to previous MK games and the Kung Lao Fatality is just wrong....lol. Manhunt while not as gory or bloody as MK, is violent from a murder perspective with putting bags over people's heads and snapping their necks. I played Manhunt a while ago, pretty violent but not that gory or anything. I actually recently ordered Manhunt 2 for Wii.

@ARMIV2 said:

I thought the same about Doom 3 being scary too until I played F.E.A.R. lol but I do agree that Doom 3 is scary, not necessarily most violent though I don't think. It was average in terms of violence. RE, Dead Space lol yeah I think you're listing scarier or creepy games as oppose to violent. Although, DS is violent too. :P

I knew I was forgetting a game...

And I've never played the first F.E.A.R, though I have played the second one. That game was pretty chilling at times, but I didn't really find it too scary. Too many great scare chances were replace with shoot-outs in my opinion on that...

And those games are pretty gory.

#42 Posted by Vaeternus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio

@ARMIV2 said:

@Vaeternus said:

1. Manhunt
  2. Everything else.

@ARMIV2 said:

And I've never played the first F.E.A.R, though I have played the second one. That game was pretty chilling at times, but I didn't really find it too scary. Too many great scare chances were replace with shoot-outs in my opinion on that...

The first F.E.A.R. imo was the scariest by far lol, second one still freaky but not as bad as the first and the 3rd F.E.A.R I beat with my friend hardly scary since she was older...

Yeah, like with MK9 in terms of violent check this out...lol a lot of people tend to cringe after seeing this one(there's many messed up ones in the game but this one sticks out)

#43 Posted by ARMIV2 (8289 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vaeternus said:

@ARMIV2 said:

@Vaeternus said:

1. Manhunt
  2. Everything else.

@ARMIV2 said:

The first F.E.A.R. imo was the scariest by far lol, second one still freaky but not as bad as the first and the 3rd F.E.A.R I beat with my friend hardly scary since she was older...

Yeah, like with MK9 in terms of violent check this out...lol a lot of people tend to cringe after seeing this one(there's many messed up ones in the game but this one sticks out)

That one is awesome, though I think the one fatality in this game that actually makes me cringe and close my eyes would be this one.

#44 Posted by Vaeternus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio

@ARMIV2 said:

Nice one, haha how about this one?

#45 Posted by nerdork (4035 posts) - - Show Bio

Project Overkill for the Playstation (1996).

Punisher for the PS2 (2005)

Dead Rising (2006)

Doom 3 (2004)

that's all i can think of...that no one else has already mentioned.

#46 Posted by Vaeternus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio

@nerdork said:

Project Overkill for the Playstation (1996).

Punisher for the PS2 (2005)

Dead Rising (2006)

Doom 3 (2004)

that's all i can think of...that no one else has already mentioned.

Doom 3 and Dead Rising were mentioned by other people at some point, but the first two were not. Thanks for posting :)

#47 Posted by ARMIV2 (8289 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vaeternus said:

@ARMIV2 said:

I actually hadn't seen that one before.

#48 Posted by Vaeternus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio

@ARMIV2 said:

@Vaeternus said:

@ARMIV2 said:

Yeah, it's cool. Goro's is even more messed up I think. lol

#49 Posted by ARMIV2 (8289 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vaeternus said:

@ARMIV2 said:

@Vaeternus said:

@ARMIV2 said:

His is wicked cool. I also love the one Sheeva has where uses the opponent's arms to clap.

#50 Posted by Vaeternus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio

@ARMIV2 said:

@Vaeternus said:

@ARMIV2 said:

@Vaeternus said:

@ARMIV2 said:

His is wicked cool. I also love the one Sheeva has where uses the opponent's arms to clap.

Yeah, lol that one is kind of disturbing yet funny at the same time