• 51 results
inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff

I've been noticing a trend on here: Take a point leave a point.

I clicked on Gen Discussion, and saw this.
I clicked on Gen Discussion, and saw this.

I don't get the point. I always thought this site was a great place to discuss our love of comics, characters, and creators, but the idea of giving and leaving points is well... lame. The point is that I go into the forums, and this is all I see. I have to sift through people adding and subtracting in order to find the good stuff on here. What it really boils down to is that these are simply a "Who do you like/dislike" thread with no discussion or solid argument.

I also hate this blog I wrote.

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By Billy Batson

This blog -1 point.
BB

Aiden Cross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Aiden Cross

So lock them, you're staff :P

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

#3  Edited By inferiorego  Staff

That would be mean and it technically doesn't break any rules... I don't want to abuse my power...

YET

VictorGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By VictorGrey

I agree with what IE is saying, there's too much of these threads around and they're practically useless.

Aiden Cross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#5  Edited By Aiden Cross

@inferiorego said:

That would be mean and it technically doesn't break any rules... I don't want to abuse my power...

YET

You're staff! YOU MAKE THE RULES! :P

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#6  Edited By Mercy_
@Aiden Cross

@inferiorego said:

YET

You're staff! YOU MAKE THE RULES! :P

Give this man an award.
Avatar image for sesquipedalophobe
sesquipedalophobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By sesquipedalophobe

I also don't understand the point of take a point give a point threads, not because they don't provide stimulating discussion but because I hate math.

ms__omega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ms__omega

@sesquipedalophobe said:

I also don't understand the point of take a point give a point threads, not because they don't provide stimulating discussion but because I hate math.

Agreed

davelecave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By davelecave

Someone made the suggestion that there be a "take a point give a point" forum.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#10  Edited By TDK_1997

They were cool when they were fewer but now there are too many and they are sometimes a little annoying.

Avatar image for thegreyoutcastx
TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By TheGreyOutcastX

Glad to see a member of the staff is not a fan of the mass of take a point games.

Renee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Renee

Originally we only had one of these going at a time and that lasted for like over a year. Then several months ago someone decided to go ahead and make their own, and then everyone started doing it. There are even repeat ones. I've flagged them but I was told they could stay open.

Back in the golden days, a group of us used to get together and discuss who we should put on the list. They were made so much better.

I think that if it is to much, then you should just let humanfly be the one to do it again (if he wants).

Avatar image for ryu_talkative_batman
ryu_talkative_batman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@inferiorego said:

YET

No Caption Provided
ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ReVamp

Yeah. It needs to stop. It was funny when Human Fly did it, but now its just getting irritating. I try to stay away from them as much as possible (except for the X-Factor one, which I get wallposts calling me back there).

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#16  Edited By InnerVenom123

I really f**king hate these threads.

Ban them.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By InnerVenom123

@davelecave said:

Someone made the suggestion that there be a "take a point give a point" forum.

That's ridiculous.

That'd be like making an "ASK ___" forum back when the ask threads were popular (or, even now, since they're clearly resurfaced).

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Billy Batson

@ReVamp said:

Yeah. It needs to stop. It was funny when Human Fly did it, but now its just getting irritating. I try to stay away from them as much as possible (except for the X-Factor one, which I get wallposts calling me back there).

Says the guy who just posted in the mod one...
BB

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By ReVamp

@Billy Batson said:

@ReVamp said:

Says the guy who just posted in the mod one...
BB

The mod one is a parody of all of them, so it really doesn't count. The guy who posted it called them annoying himself. But yeah, fair enough.

Inverno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 6

#20  Edited By Inverno

Well since even inferiorego agrees these threads suck, it won't be long since other people will notice this too.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By kidchipotle

@inferiorego: Worst comes to worst, if the threads dont stop, or cant be stopped, why dont you or someone make it it's own forum like Battles is. That should keep them in a concentrated area for them to run wild in.

Avatar image for sesquipedalophobe
sesquipedalophobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sure, give it its own forum. It won't show up on the main page for me, at least. Unfortunately, another annoying theme will open up and everyone will jump on the bandwagon, like my [person] punches [person] in the face idea where everyone agrees that it's good.

SyIar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By SyIar

@inferiorego said:

YET

DO IT!

PLEASE.

ragdollpurps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#24  Edited By ragdollpurps

*Goes to post in all of them.*

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By InnerVenom123

@ragdollpurps said:

*Goes to post in all of them.*

*Shakes fist*

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#26  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
What it really boils down to is that these are simply a "Who do you like/dislike" thread with no discussion or solid argument.

There's plenty of users that are big fans of that method. The majority of posts in a lot of battles consists of people only saying a name and then vanishing. That's a pet peeve of mine as well. I treat battles as a place to discuss not only the power levels of these characters, but also how they'd act in the circumstance and the "what if?" scenario at hand. I don't get why some people just post and run. I think it's a blast elaborating about that stuff. But hey, if someone wants to show their love with minimal effort, then...meh, to each their own, I suppose?

majestic99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By majestic99

@TheGreyOutcastX said:

Glad to see a member of the staff is not a fan of the mass of take a point games.

Same here. But what about "ask this person's name?" threads?

m99

cyberninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#28  Edited By cyberninja

The worst part is when you receive PM urging you to participate in a "take a point, add a point" thread, and they go on saying "Robin is losing, please vote for Robin ^_^ "   

No Caption Provided
CainPanell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#29  Edited By CainPanell

@CATPANEXE said:

In the interest of compromise....

There's a lot of notable thread types that flood the site. Some that get high notice are " Ask User X " " Vote " and " Take/give point ". Personally I've stated that the existence of these doesn't bother me, though I do get bothered when spammed about voting threads period.

On the side of both parties though...

- The side against: A lot of these threads are in every forum. And there are a lot, to the point they make it a big hassle to find any comic news and discussion topics, the main focus of the site as far as I know. The problem boils down to the threads are " in the way ".

- The side for: The users enjoy participating in these threads, and really the internet is just a way to waste time, which it really just is. Also the site is often dead and there really isn't much to do. In addition some users concern about things like post counts, and completing the task game, which is also warranted by those systems being in place to begin with. The problem boils down to " these threads get a lot of use, the users are having fun using them and they really aren't harming anything. "

Both sides have a valid point as far as I can see.

Suggested solution: What these threads, and any that illicit a repetitious response are, like Post A_____, The User Above/Below, Take A Point, Ask User X, Vote For, ect is " Game Threads ". These are games users play to pass the time in a nutshell. My suggestion is the creation of an easy to access forum named " Games ". Moving any and all to this forum would clear up the other forums, while retaining the game threads themselves thereby satisfying all parties/users. In addition, this could be set in the way the RPG threads are, in that when bumped they don't show up in the general thread feed/Newest Topics for everyone. I don't think it would be too large of an undertaking either, minus the work of the site programmers (sorry), as almost all of these threads are both well known and have a shared keyword or more within the threads title.

If this is a bad suggestion, well screw me in advance, what else is new? ;P

Signed

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1828448d5f0
deactivated-5d1828448d5f0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 21

@VictorGrey said:

I agree with what IE is saying, there's too much of these threads around and they're practically useless.

THIS

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By lykopis

@shadowknight666 said:

@CATPANEXE said:

There's a lot of notable thread types that flood the site. Some that get high notice are " Ask User X " " Vote " and " Take/give point ". Personally I've stated that the existence of these doesn't bother me, though I do get bothered when spammed about voting threads period.

- The side against: A lot of these threads are in every forum. And there are a lot, to the point they make it a big hassle to find any comic news and discussion topics, the main focus of the site as far as I know. The problem boils down to the threads are " in the way ".

- The side for: The users enjoy participating in these threads, and really the internet is just a way to waste time, which it really just is. Also the site is often dead and there really isn't much to do. In addition some users concern about things like post counts, and completing the task game, which is also warranted by those systems being in place to begin with. The problem boils down to " these threads get a lot of use, the users are having fun using them and they really aren't harming anything. "

Suggested solution: What these threads, and any that illicit a repetitious response are, like Post A_____, The User Above/Below, Take A Point, Ask User X, Vote For, ect is " Game Threads ". These are games users play to pass the time in a nutshell. My suggestion is the creation of an easy to access forum named " Games ". Moving any and all to this forum would clear up the other forums, while retaining the game threads themselves thereby satisfying all parties/users. In addition, this could be set in the way the RPG threads are, in that when bumped they don't show up in the general thread feed/Newest Topics for everyone. I don't think it would be too large of an undertaking either, minus the work of the site programmers (sorry), as almost all of these threads are both well known and have a shared keyword or more within the threads title.

Signed

Phenomenal. ;)

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy

Just make a whole forum made for them...Then we don't have to see them.

TheGoldenOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By TheGoldenOne
@cyberninja said:
The worst part is when you receive PM urging you to participate in a "take a point, add a point" thread, and they go on saying "Robin is losing, please vote for Robin ^_^ "   

No Caption Provided
LOL.
Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

Amen!

VictorGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By VictorGrey

@cyberninja said:

No Caption Provided

That happens?

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Mercy_

@BiteMe-Fanboy said:

Just make a whole forum made for them...Then we don't have to see them.

This is my solution of choice.

Or lock all but one, and then once that one's done unlock another etc.

That's how they were originally done (all hosted by one user or with his permission) and were numbered and only one at a time. Then everybody else stated making them and there's where problems arose.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Mercy_

@Renee said:

Originally we only had one of these going at a time and that lasted for like over a year. Then several months ago someone decided to go ahead and make their own, and then everyone started doing it. There are even repeat ones. I've flagged them but I was told they could stay open.

Back in the golden days, a group of us used to get together and discuss who we should put on the list. They were made so much better.

I think that if it is to much, then you should just let humanfly be the one to do it again (if he wants).

COSIGNED

VictorGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By VictorGrey

There isn't enough to have a forum for though. Other forums have hundreds of pages of threads. This one might have somewhere around ten. I just think it would be an odd choice for a forum, and besides what would we call it? "Take a point, add a point" Forum?

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#39  Edited By _Zombie_

I usually ignore them, but I will admit that it gets annoying when someone who never bothers to talk to me suddenly pm's me and asks me to participate in a thread I've no interest in participating in.

Avatar image for hotsaucecommittee
HotSauceCommittee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Totally agree...same goes for all the ask X threads, the entire battle forum and all stupid off topic threads like 'whooooo lets count really high.'

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#41  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
@inferiorego said:

YET

ABUSE IT.  

Be the Lex Luthor of Comicvine. He has robot sex slave Lois Lane, he's doing OK. 
jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#42  Edited By jhazzroucher

I love those threads actually.

Can we also have a "Let's Count from 1 to 1 Googolplex" Thread?

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#43  Edited By _Zombie_

@CATPANEXE said:

@ZombieBigfoot said:

I usually ignore them, but I will admit that it gets annoying when someone who never bothers to talk to me suddenly pm's me and asks me to participate in a thread I've no interest in participating in.

Same goes for me, though it's wall spam most times. I didn't care that much initially, but this happened when my status reflected that I was way in surgery and those requests where what I got to see when I came back. I'm selfish for it but I personally focus on my own physical agony over the " devastation one will feel " if a fictional character isn't popular enough in an an unofficial online web poll (seriously that hurt my feelings, why wouldn't it?). Despite attempts to politely request no interest it continues, and things as such file under my new slammed shut door policy for being disrespectful of my person.

I just say something along the lines of 'No thanks' or 'I'll pass' and delete the message.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator
Oh yeah?! Well I've been hating them since before it was cool to!
CATPANEXE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By CATPANEXE

Um? Sorry I said anything, consider it deleted.

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#46  Edited By The_Martian

Isn't that what the "Powers" section of this site was for?

Hawkeye446

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 30

#47  Edited By Hawkeye446

@VictorGrey said:

There isn't enough to have a forum for though. Other forums have hundreds of pages of threads. This one might have somewhere around ten. I just think it would be an odd choice for a forum, and besides what would we call it? "Take a point, add a point" Forum?

Catpan suggested it be called "Games" and all those types of threads go there. Like the "ask __ a question" type threads, etc.

@lykopis said:

@shadowknight666 said:

@CATPANEXE said:

Signed

Phenomenal. ;)

Tripled? Awesome, Catpan.

progenitorigin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By progenitorigin

I can't stand those threads. DESTROY THEM.

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By WaveMotionCannon

Lock please

Video_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Video_Martian

@progenitor said:

I can't stand those threads. DESTROY THEM.

YES!!! >:)