The Texas Chain Saw Massacre vs Halloween

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

the_stegman  Moderator

Poll The Texas Chain Saw Massacre vs Halloween (20 votes)

The Texas Chain Saw Massacre 20%
Halloween 80%

Two icons in the horror movie genre, which do you like more? Which did you find scarier? Who was the better villains, Michael Myers or Leatherface and his family?

• 
Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

1. Micheal Myers
  2. Both aren't scary
  3. Micheal Myers
Blade_R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Halloween. I like Texas Chainsaw massacre (The second one was even better IMO) but Halloween is better to me. Love both though.

Spidey_Jackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Halloween curbstomps.

Beata

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Halloween was a better series, but the original Chainsaw Massacre from the 70's (73? 74?) was very very good - probably better then any Halloween movie individually, unfortunally the sequals and remakes were terrible.

Voorhees100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Voorhees100

Texas Chainsaw Massacre was the better film imo. And Leatherface is scarier than Michael. Also, TCM remake was better than the Halloween remake.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Halloween

Both are meh

Halloween

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 juiceboks  Moderator

I think Halloween is scarier as the events are more realistic (obviously they're both fictional stories but the idea of a large psychopath killing people late at night is a lot more believable than a family of cannibals preying on wandering civilians).

Fallingcliffs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Fallingcliffs

Halloween is a much better series. John Carpenter>>any TCS movie.

@spidey_jackson said:

Halloween curbstomps.

Beata

This

Myers is far more creepier and scary than Jason or TCM.

The guy is just flat out evil, emotionless. Jason is just about revenge, lake all that and TCM just a psycho with a flesh mask and a chainsaw.

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

I've always found the Texas Chainsaw Massacre scarier, just because of Leatherface's look and gimmick, but I love Halloween.

The stoic look, and sheer relentlessness of Michael, the family drama, the Halloween night setting, its iconic theme, and my love for Dr. Loomis put Halloween way ahead of the Texas Chainsaw Massacre for me.

Avatar image for The_Deathstroker
The_Deathstroker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Halloween.

sabracadabra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Halloween.

To be honest, I've always thought chainsaw was a bit overrated.

Avatar image for ssjdarthplagueis
SSJDarthPlagueis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Halloween.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Halloween.

To be honest, I've always thought chainsaw was a bit overrated.

The original was very good. Felt VERY real thanks to the way it was filmed. Everything after it was...trash. Nothing but lame gore fests that other movies did better.

Fallingcliffs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The original of both movies were definitely better than the newer incarnations, though I did like zombie's FIRST film. It brought more about Michael growing up, what made him turn into an evil monster. The original series just said he turned "evil" one day lol.

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

1. Micheal Myers
  2. Both aren't scary
  3. Micheal Myers

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Halloween.

KittyParker13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By KittyParker13

I've seen both so many times, neither are scary to me anymore.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 the_stegman  Moderator

The original of both movies were definitely better than the newer incarnations, though I did like zombie's FIRST film. It brought more about Michael growing up, what made him turn into an evil monster. The original series just said he turned "evil" one day lol.

I think Zombie's Halloween ruined Michael imo. The whole reason he's scary is because it IS unexplained, one day, this normal kid just decides to kill his sister, he never showed any signs of aggression before that, never seemed weird. Zombie made his whole life a freakshow. His mom's a stripper, his step dad's abusive, he gets picked on in school, hell, /I'd/ become a serial killer if I had to deal with that sh*t.

It's also the reason I don't like any of the Halloween films past Part II. They try to describe how Michael is the way he is (with the Black Thorn cult). Nah, just keep him a mystery, I don't need to know why he's evil.

Fallingcliffs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Fallingcliffs

@the_stegman said:

@fallingcliffs said:

I think Zombie's Halloween ruined Michael imo. The whole reason he's scary is because it IS unexplained, one day, this normal kid just decides to kill his sister, he never showed any signs of aggression before that, never seemed weird. Zombie made his whole life a freakshow. His mom's a stripper, his step dad's abusive, he gets picked on in school, hell, /I'd/ become a serial killer if I had to deal with that sh*t.

It's also the reason I don't like any of the Halloween films past Part II. They try to describe how Michael is the way he is (with the Black Thorn cult). Nah, just keep him a mystery, I don't need to know why he's evil.

I didn't like the second one that white pony stuff was....dumb lol. The first one I thought wasn't bad I liked it because it showed more of him as a kid, not just the night he killed his sister, but what would drive a kid to do this.

But to each his own, i enjoyed both movies honestly. Zombie tried making him more "human" where as Carpenter was just this evil being some what.

It's like Zombie kind of did to Myers what Nolan did to Batman, put a more "realistic" tone to it which some people liked, others hated I can understand both views being a Halloween fan personally.

I know a lot of my friends who love Freddy hated that reboot, I thought it was alright. But you like the mysterious, creepy element as to why he's evil. That's cool, I liked both. I just didn't like the 5th movie as much and the second zombie movie wasn't a big fan of.

Deathstroke02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Halloween