The show, New Girl

PatTolan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So I started watching this on Netflix recently. I avoided it for a while because I thought it was a chick show. It really isn't thankfully and mostly tolerable for some mindless fun.

However, I can't stand the character/actor Nick. I wish that he would get stabbed to death. I think it's the actor. He has this face that I just want to stomp on. The writers are trying to ship this guy and Jess, and I hate it.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

@pattolan: It's a damn good show IMO. Honestly though Season 1 has been their funniest which is a bad thing to say. Season 4 seems to be picking up and having a bit of the zanyness of season 1. I love all the characters on the show, and Nick is my favorite. I can see what you mean with the Nick and Jess thing, but *spoilers* that ends at the end of season 3. IMO Season 2 was the worst because of how much it was a Nick and Jess "will they won't they?". Every little argument, whether it be about who gets the parking spot was Nick and Jess centric with a romantic tension thrown in.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3 the_stegman  Moderator

meh, I didn't really care for it. Not my type of humor.

47Taskmaster47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I steered clear of the show for a while too. Last month was when I binged watched all 3 seasons. I quite liked it.

Cloakx14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

i like it its pretty funny reminds me of Scrubs or Community.

PatTolan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By PatTolan

@Cloakx14: it's pretty funny. To me the characters are fun to watch, but I'm not inclined to have any emotional attachment to ANY of the characters unlike Scrubs or Community. Probably because of the mediocre acting and writing on the show.

@saint_wildcard: I'm going to have to power through season 2, I guess. I'd agree that it's pretty disappointing so far compared to season 1. Problem I have with Nick is he's trying to imitate Charlie from it's always sunny except Charlie is funny and Nick is not. Right now I'm watching him shouting (as usual) and babbling like a moron when he messes up his dad's race horse sperm deal. It is kind of funny that Charlie's wife is the girl Nick was hung up on over the first season and jess's last name is Day just like Charlie.