• 84 results
#1 Edited by superstay (9374 posts) - - Show Bio

I guess you could say this is the "Official Thread".....if you want.

But, whats your thoughts on the Rock & Roll HoF? Whos your favorite inductee, who should be inducted, who do you think shouldn't have been inducted (If their is someone you think shouldn't have been inducted).

Oh and sorry if I start most of my threads with "Whats your thoughts on _______?". Its just the first thing that pops in my head.

d~_~b d^_^b

#2 Posted by coolguyr99 (3018 posts) - - Show Bio

Bands I think should be inducted are:

Dire Straits.

Oasis.

Motorhead.

KISS.

#3 Posted by superstay (9374 posts) - - Show Bio

@coolguyr99:

I'm surprised KISS hasn't been inducted yet dO.Ob

#4 Posted by Glitch_Spawn (17123 posts) - - Show Bio

There are just too many terrible bands in the hof and loads of good bands and musicians that will never be inducted

#5 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (16863 posts) - - Show Bio

So what do we post on this thread?

#6 Edited by superstay (9374 posts) - - Show Bio

@Glitch_Spawn:

"terrible bands" d?_?b Who?.....I wouldn't say terrible....But their are alot of bands that need to be inducted before some of the bands that have been inducted in.

sorry about my poor phrasing d-_-b

#7 Posted by pooty (10315 posts) - - Show Bio

If you are not rock and roll you should not be in the Rock & Roll hall of fame. That includes Madonna, Mike Jackson, Run DMC, James Brown, Elvis Presley. If they wanted to include EVERYBODY then call it the MUSIC HALL OF FAME

#8 Posted by Funrush (1369 posts) - - Show Bio

@superstay said:

@coolguyr99:

I'm surprised KISS hasn't been inducted yet dO.Ob

Yeah. Bon Jovi should be in there too, along with Asia and Kansas.

#9 Edited by superstay (9374 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrdecepticonleader: Well its just a official thread for the Rock n' Roll HoF

@pooty: They talked about that already, they[The CEO or COO or whatever] said they induct artist that influenced the art form of Rock n' Roll. I suppose the name still being "The Rock n' Roll HoF" is because it sounds good...dó¡òb.

But, to be serious, all of todays genres goes back to Rock n' Roll in some way, or another.

@Funrush: Yeah but I thought Bon Jovi was inducted d?_?b

#10 Posted by Strafe Prower (11573 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know who's in the HoF.

Link anyone?

#11 Posted by HBKTimHBK (5210 posts) - - Show Bio
#12 Posted by Strafe Prower (11573 posts) - - Show Bio

....That's pretty bad.

#13 Posted by HBKTimHBK (5210 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strafe Prower said:

....That's pretty bad.

I don't know what you mean, doesn't everyone rock out to Madonna? No?

Yeah, neither do I.

#14 Posted by sabracadabra (461 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Motorhead and Iron maiden should be in. If one hit wonders like chubby checker are in, those bands should definitely be in as well. The only problem is that they arent mainstream enough for most voters.

#15 Posted by Cajun_Roux (29 posts) - - Show Bio

@pooty said:

If you are not rock and roll you should not be in the Rock & Roll hall of fame. That includes Madonna, Mike Jackson, Run DMC, James Brown, Elvis Presley. If they wanted to include EVERYBODY then call it the MUSIC HALL OF FAME

Elvis Presley is the KING of Rock and Roll.

#16 Edited by superstay (9374 posts) - - Show Bio

@Cajun_Roux:

For better or for worst..dO.Ob....but I don't want this thread to head in the direction these comment would send it so I digress.

d^_^b

@Strafe Prower: @HBKTimHBK:

Hey it can be alot worst than Madonna, I mean she is "The Only Woman in the Realm of the Giants"

dó¡òb

#17 Posted by Funrush (1369 posts) - - Show Bio

@superstay said:

@mrdecepticonleader: Well its just a official thread for the Rock n' Roll HoF

@pooty: They talked about that already, they[The CEO or COO or whatever] said they induct artist that influenced the art form of Rock n' Roll. I suppose the name still being "The Rock n' Roll HoF" is because it sounds good dó¡òb. But to be serious all of todays genres goes back to Rock n' Roll in some way of another.

@Funrush: Yeah but I thought Bon Jovi was inducted d?_?b

According to Wikipedia and the website, he isn't.

#18 Posted by deadpoolrules (4683 posts) - - Show Bio

Queen should be in it,Beatles should be in it as well,Kiss,Guns & Roses,Metallica,Pink Floyd(anyone besides me was on The Wall show this year?),AC DC,Megadeth,Slipknot,System of a Down,Evanescense and others that I can't remember right now.

#19 Posted by superstay (9374 posts) - - Show Bio

@deadpoolrules:

The Beatles Class of 1988

Pink Floyd Class of 1996

Queen Class of 2001

AC/DC Class of 2003

Metallica Class of 2009

Guns & Roses of 2012

KISS not being inducted by now sucks though

@Funrush: Yeah....You right dó¡òb

#20 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (16863 posts) - - Show Bio

@superstay: Okay I thought this thread was to make our own rock n roll HOF of sorts.

#21 Posted by superstay (9374 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrdecepticonleader:

Sorry I didn't reply back early, but.......naw bro just a discussion thread about "The Rock n' Roll HoF".

d-_-b

#22 Posted by chalkshark (1171 posts) - - Show Bio

@coolguyr99: Oasis won't be eligible for induction until 2019. A band can't be nominated until 25 years have passed since the release of their debut album.

#23 Posted by PowerHerc (78172 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope to visit the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame some day.

#24 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (16863 posts) - - Show Bio

@superstay said:

@mrdecepticonleader:

Sorry I didn't reply back early, but.......naw bro just a discussion thread about "The Rock n' Roll HoF".

d-_-b

Fair enough.

#25 Posted by superstay (9374 posts) - - Show Bio

@PowerHerc: I hear its really cool d^_^b

@chalkshark: Yeah so Green Day has 7 more years, Nirvana has 2 more years, RadioHead has 5 more years, 2pac has 4 more years,

@mrdecepticonleader: Yeah.....Whats you're thoughts on it d?_?b

#26 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (16863 posts) - - Show Bio

@superstay said:

@PowerHerc: I hear its really cool d^_^b

@chalkshark: Yeah so Green Day has 7 more years, Nirvana has 2 more years, RadioHead has 5 more years, 2pac has 4 more years,

@mrdecepticonleader: Yeah.....Whats you're thoughts on it d?_?b

It good but there are people on there who shouldn't be like madonna,the Jackson five there are a few more who I dont consider rock n roll artists whatsoever and yet they dont even have Motorhead on,makes no sense,

#27 Posted by superstay (9374 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrdecepticonleader:

Motorhead wasn't eligible until 02 and so thats why they weren't inducted early. They probably just haven't got enough votes to get inducted.

dó¡òb

#28 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (16863 posts) - - Show Bio

@superstay said:

@mrdecepticonleader:

Motorhead wasn't eligible until 02 and so thats why they weren't inducted early. They probably just haven't got enough votes to get inducted.

dó¡òb

Ah so they got inducted then?

I mean there are people on there who aren't even rock yet one of the greatest and longest running rock bands didn't get inducted.And Madonna is on here wha?

#29 Posted by superstay (9374 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrdecepticonleader:

Well no but they definitely can be......But serious if we go off the logic of "If they weren't apart of Rock n' Roll they shouldn't be in" then about 6/8 of the people in the Hall shouldn't be there. It would be one event inducting Chuck, Buddy, Elvis, ect.

But artist like MJ, The Jackson 5, the Three Rap Group, B.B King, Johnny Cash, Bobby "Blue" Bland, Prince, ABBA, ect. are inducted because of their influence on the art form of "Rock Music".

#30 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (16863 posts) - - Show Bio

@superstay said:

@mrdecepticonleader:

Well no but they definitely can be......But serious if we go off the logic of "If they weren't apart of Rock n' Roll they shouldn't be in" then about 6/8 of the people in the Hall shouldn't be there. It would be one event inducting Chuck, Buddy, Elvis, ect.

But artist like MJ, The Jackson 5, the Three Rap Group, B.B King, Johnny Cash, Bobby "Blue" Bland, Prince, ABBA, ect. are inducted because of their influence on the art form of "Rock Music".

But they aren't rock artists,Im sure certain artists have had influences on other genres.

#31 Posted by superstay (9374 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrdecepticonleader:

To be serious the Rock n' Roll HoF is very confusing in the sense. It was never meant celebrate "Rock Artists" because if you notice none of the people inducted were Rock. The were Rock n' Roll, Jazz, Rockabily, Country, Blue, Pop, R&B, Soul, Dop-Wop.

Of course some hybrid genres like Country Blue, but The Beatles and The Beach Boys were the first rock group inducted in and some argue that their not even Rock. Like people say the Beach Boys are Surf Rock (west coast pop at that time) and the Beatles are Britpop. But my point is the Hall is for artist who inducted Rock Music not necessarily in Rock Music.

dó¡òb

#32 Posted by PowerHerc (78172 posts) - - Show Bio

Rock Out !!!!!!

#33 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (16863 posts) - - Show Bio

@PowerHerc said:

Rock Out !!!!!!

Thats awesome !

@superstay said:

@mrdecepticonleader:

To be serious the Rock n' Roll HoF is very confusing in the sense. It was never meant celebrate "Rock Artists" because if you notice none of the people inducted were Rock. The were Rock n' Roll, Jazz, Rockabily, Country, Blue, Pop, R&B, Soul, Dop-Wop.

Of course some hybrid genres like Country Blue, but The Beatles and The Beach Boys were the first rock group inducted in and some argue that their not even Rock. Like people say the Beach Boys are Surf Rock (west coast pop at that time) and the Beatles are Britpop. But my point is the Hall is for artist who inducted Rock Music not necessarily in Rock Music.

dó¡òb

All right I see.

#34 Posted by superstay (9374 posts) - - Show Bio

Just saw on the "Official Website" the nominees for 2013 induction are.......

- The Paul Butterfield Blues Band

- Chic

- Deep Purple

- Heart

- Joan Jett and the Blackhearts

- Albert King

- Kraftwerk

- The Marvelettes

- The Meters

- Randy Newman

- N.W.A

- Procol Harum

- Public Enemy

- Rush

- Donna Summer

d^_^b

#35 Posted by Strafe Prower (11573 posts) - - Show Bio

@superstay said:

- Heart

This

#36 Posted by superstay (9374 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strafe Prower:

For the first time in its history, the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame will offer fans the opportunity to officially participate in the induction selection process. Beginning on Thursday, October 4 and continuing through December 3, the public can vote for the five nominees they believe to be most deserving of induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. The top five artists, as selected by the public, will comprise a “fans’ ballot” that will be tallied along with the other ballots to choose the 2013 inductees. ~ The Rock n' Roll HoF Website

So far on the website the fan vote is

Rush 25.62%

Deep Purple 17%

Heart 12.79%

Joan Jett and the Blackhearts 7.78%

Albert King 5.86%

Donna Summer 4.66%

Public Enemy 4.65%

Procol Harum 3.67%

Randy Newman 3.4%

N.W.A 3.39%

Kraftwerk 3.11%

The Paul Butterfield Blues Band 2.53%

The Meters 2.5%

The Marvelettes 1.81%

Chic 1.22%

d^_^b

#37 Posted by Strafe Prower (11573 posts) - - Show Bio

@superstay: Thanks for this. I'm going to vote.

#38 Posted by superstay (9374 posts) - - Show Bio
#39 Posted by Funrush (1369 posts) - - Show Bio

My vote goes to Rush and Heart.

#40 Posted by krilling (2488 posts) - - Show Bio

#41 Edited by superstay (9374 posts) - - Show Bio

@Funrush: So far it looks like....

Rush

Deep Purple

Heart

Joan Jett and the Blackhearts

Albert King

@krilling: Rockin d^_^b

#42 Posted by SithLantern93 (1779 posts) - - Show Bio

How could they induct Metallica and GNR before Deep Purple and Rush?! Without these bands, they would not exist! And why the hell Public Enemy and N.W.A are on that list?! It is not Hip-Hop Hall of Fame!

#43 Posted by Funrush (1369 posts) - - Show Bio

@superstay said:

@Funrush:So far it looks like....

Rush

Deep Purple

Heart Joan Jett and the Blackhearts

Albert King

@krilling: Rockin d^_^b

Heart is in between Purple and Joan Jett.

#44 Posted by superstay (9374 posts) - - Show Bio

@SithLantern93:

I think I explained this to mrdecepticonleader a page back. The Rock 'n Roll HoF is for artist of any genre who have influenced the artform of "Rock Music". NWA and Public Enemy have influenced rock music alot because of they're heavy influence on Rap. d*-*b

@Funrush: Well so far that will make up the fan vote dó¡òb

#45 Posted by SithLantern93 (1779 posts) - - Show Bio

@superstay: NWA and Public Enemy have influenced rock music alot because of they're heavy influence on Rap.

Sorry but I did not get that line

#46 Posted by superstay (9374 posts) - - Show Bio

@SithLantern93:

I see how its confusing but I'll explain....

Look at the Rap groups in the hall....Run-DMC, Grandmaster Flash & TFF, and the Beastie Boys (quick fact the Beastie Boys were originally a rock group who style was more rap). Grandmaster Flash & TFF helped create Hip Hop/Rap, Run-DMC made it mainstream and not underground and Beastie Boys opened the door for non-blacks to join the Hip Hop/Rap community.

If it wasn't for Hip Hop/Rap their wouldn't be any Beastie Boys, Linkin Park, Kid Rock, Flobots, Rage Against the Machine, Hollywood Undead, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Limp Bizkit ect.....

#47 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (7118 posts) - - Show Bio

@superstay said:

@SithLantern93:

I see how its confusing but I'll explain....

Look at the Rap groups in the hall....Run-DMC, Grandmaster Flash & TFF, and the Beastie Boys (quick fact the Beastie Boys were originally a rock group who style was more rap). Grandmaster Flash & TFF helped create Hip Hop/Rap, Run-DMC made it mainstream and not underground and Beastie Boys opened the door for non-blacks to join the Hip Hop/Rap community.

If it wasn't for Hip Hop/Rap their wouldn't be any Beastie Boys, Linkin Park, Kid Rock, Flobots, Rage Against the Machine, Hollywood Undead, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Limp Bizkit ect.....

I could do without almost every band you named there. Except for RHCP.

#48 Posted by superstay (9374 posts) - - Show Bio

@BiteMe-Fanboy:

Yeah but they are popular acts

dó¡òb

#49 Posted by superstay (9374 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok here is the 2013 inductees.....

Lou Adler

Rush

Heart

Randy Newman

Public Enemy

Quincy Jones

Donna Summer

What you're thoughts

d?_?b

#50 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (16863 posts) - - Show Bio

@superstay said:

Ok here is the 2013 inductees.....

Lou Adler

Rush

Heart

Randy Newman

Public Enemy

Quincy Jones

Donna Summer

What you're thoughts

d?_?b

Dont think I have listened to any of those.