#1 Posted by ThatGuyWithHeadPhones (12971 posts) - - Show Bio

The Rock has appeared quite frequently on the big screen an I was wondering what are people general though about him

IMO I think he started off terribly weak but as each movie pasted on he got better and better,he Is no longer the same Rock from The Game Plan.

Personally I think he is This generation's Schwarzenegger,all he need is something big like Predator/Terminator

#2 Posted by deadpoolrules (4683 posts) - - Show Bio

He has made nice action/ kids movies,I personally think he'll get even better in the next sequels he appears.

#3 Edited by russellmania77 (15943 posts) - - Show Bio

not in game plan or the tooth fairy

everything else me likey

#4 Posted by Superguy0009e (2265 posts) - - Show Bio

He has been growing. If you look at The Mummy Returns and GI Joe Retaliation, it shows that he has grown a lot.

I hope he can have that one great movie to cement his greatness, he just seems like a stand up guy.

#5 Posted by Sideslash (5942 posts) - - Show Bio

Wasn't he in that "Welcome to the Jungle"? I loved that.

#6 Edited by God_Spawn (38583 posts) - - Show Bio

I respect the Rock for being a self-made man. I respect the Rock for everything he has done for wrestling. I respect the Rock for knowing when to leave the business to pursue his other interests when he had already done everything. With that said, The Rock does solid movies all around, but I don't think I would ever consider any movie he has done as an A-list movie.

#7 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20464 posts) - - Show Bio

His acting isn't exactly exceptional, but it's decent for someone who's career isn't focused on acting in the first place. I do enjoy his work, but he isn't anything I'd say is remarkable. He's mainly the best at action movies or goofy kid/teen films.

#8 Posted by TDK_1997 (15251 posts) - - Show Bio

He is not the best actor but he is acting in action movies so it doesn't matter that much.At least he is getting better and better with every movie.

#9 Posted by The Stegman (26561 posts) - - Show Bio

He's a good actor with his in ring persona..but I've never been impressed with him in actual movies.

#10 Posted by JamesKM716 (1995 posts) - - Show Bio

He can do macho men really well but his "dramatic" acting is incredibly awful.

Anybody seen Snitch? Because that's what I'm refering to.

#11 Edited by Dragonborn_CT (24303 posts) - - Show Bio

He has enough charisma and magnetism to make up for a lack of range. He is great as a action hero, which is more than I can say for his kid movies and Southland Tales (where he tries a more dramatic role and failing spectacularly).

#12 Posted by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10130 posts) - - Show Bio

I think he's fairly solid, even though my quota for action movies are once in a blue moon, he's fine for that role, why he wasn't in the Expendables and Terry Crews is interesting to me :D

#13 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (18875 posts) - - Show Bio

eh

#14 Posted by Dabee (2399 posts) - - Show Bio

'Nuff said. I think the Rock is pretty talented. (I assume we are talking about Dwayne Johnson.) Yeah, he's really good. I've always envisioned him as Luke Cage, since I knew who the character was. I think he could definitely pull it off, no problem. (And not just because he looks like the modern Luke Cage [not pictured above.]) My bad, but I like the classic one.

#15 Edited by ThatGuyWithHeadPhones (12971 posts) - - Show Bio

@dabee: Quite alot of People (Including Dwayne himself) say's he'd black a good Black Adam

#16 Posted by JediXMan (31582 posts) - - Show Bio

He's hit or miss. It's bad when he's in a movie that isn't suited for him; he's an action star, plain and simple. I'm not a big fan of him playing lead roles, but he's good.

That said: BLACK ADAM.

#17 Posted by Bruxae (14122 posts) - - Show Bio

Hes a very lovable person but not such a good actor, despite that I love seeing him in less serious movies.

#18 Posted by Dabee (2399 posts) - - Show Bio
#19 Posted by MadeinBangladesh (8477 posts) - - Show Bio

I really don't have any interest in any of the Movies Rock has done so far. I'm up for Rock as Luke Cage though. He used to be one of the best in WWF, but now not so much.

#20 Edited by BiteMe-Fanboy (8127 posts) - - Show Bio

Hell no.

#21 Edited by KnightRise (4762 posts) - - Show Bio

He's a fine professional big man. He's been in the exact roles he's made for.

@dabee: Quite alot of People (Including Dwayne himself) say's he'd black a good Black Adam

I think he'd Black a good be Adam, too.

#22 Posted by Joygirl (19985 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeap, I like him. Joy approves.

#23 Edited by Joygirl (19985 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dragonborn_CT: Everyone/everything sucked in/about Southland Tales. It had a lot of good people that sucked.

#24 Posted by Dragonborn_CT (24303 posts) - - Show Bio

@joygirl:

I agree. Its one of the few movies I've seen that has absolutely no redeeming value.

#25 Posted by Queso6p4 (1466 posts) - - Show Bio

not in game plan or the tooth fairy

everything else me likey

Pretty much this. From what I've seen he sticks to suitable roles.

#26 Posted by judasnixon (7413 posts) - - Show Bio
#27 Edited by Dragonborn_CT (24303 posts) - - Show Bio
#28 Posted by russellmania77 (15943 posts) - - Show Bio

he was supposed to play lobo too lmao

#29 Posted by God_Spawn (38583 posts) - - Show Bio

he was supposed to play lobo too lmao

And Namor. And Luke Cage. All roles people seem to think he may do. I think he could do a good Luke Cage, but hell to the no for Namor for him. I can see Namor doing Rock things, but not Rock doing Namor things.

#30 Edited by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

I think he's definitely improved over time; he's got a lot of charisma that translates well on-screen.

I'm all for Luke Cage, but his face is too 'goody-good' for Black Adam, personally. As I said in another thread, I'd rather he play Bishop.

#31 Posted by Night Thrasher (3726 posts) - - Show Bio